From the unpublished archives of Diary of Daedalus: About “Saint Pancake”

Never finalized, never posted, never seen the light of day, until now. Last saved by Chen Zhen on 08 October 2011.

“Saint Pancake”

On the wikipedia entry for LGF, you’ll find this:

Rachel Corrie

Johnson has stated many times that he is disgusted with media coverage of the death of International Solidarity Movement activist Rachel Corrie, who was killed by an Israeli bulldozer in Rafah, a town in theGaza Strip.[40] Johnson disputes the ISM’s account, holding that Corrie was “trying to ‘protect’ a house used for drugs and weapons smuggling”.[40] Johnson states:

Rachel Corrie was emphatically not a “peace activist”. She sided with terrorists and criminals, and advocated—in fact, was excited by—violence and mass murder.[41]In support of this view, he has cited[41] a diary entry[42] from Corrie in which he claims that she expresses the view that Palestinian violence towards Israel is justifiable and laudable.[41]

In posts about her on LGF, Johnson often features a photo of Corrie burning a hand-drawn American flag and surrounded by Palestinian children.[40]

What the wiki editors leave out is the interesting story behind the term “Saint Pancake”, which originated on LGF and was a staple reference to Corrie (and the manner of her demise) for years after her death (it was an entry in the long-lost LGF Dictionary, and even the handle of an LGFer).  It remains as one of the quintessential examples of the gall and dishonesty of Charles Johnson.

You see, rather than owning up to his culpability in popularizing the term and simply apologizing for it, Johnson instead denied any association, going so far as to state this at The Guardian:

It took a little while, but not only was it discovered that Johnson DID use the term, an analysis of the LGF comments section reveals that he essentially christened it.

Heh.

187 Comments on “From the unpublished archives of Diary of Daedalus: About “Saint Pancake””

Fatso lies??? 😯 😯

Oh. And First! 😆

You’re telling us that Chonky is a liar, now. Next you’ll be telling us that water is wet, fire is hot and frozen salmon make great popsicles, on a hot Cali day.

In other news, you atheists better get right with G-d. Shit just got real, thanks to Hubble.

4. dezzez says:

All you morbidly obese half-witted bloggers begging like dogs, we are laughing at you.

😂😂😂😂

She’s a good girl! 😃

Coming soon: a feature movie about Conan’s brave and steadfast pursuit of the evil terrorist, called “Zero Bark Thirty.” 🐕

This thread is so…precious! First, you have Fatass, trying to pretend like he’s pals with celebs, which is riotously awkward. Then, you have the responses from the ninnymuggins shitlibs, which are just too much hilarity. The derangement is off the charts. 😂

What a horror to behold. We visited the Getty Center last year, and it’s a spectacular thing to behold. I understand the building itself is nearly fireproof, but the grounds aren’t. A lot of damage would result from a real burnout.

Only in your tiny little mind was Trump “humiliated,” Fatass. You really think he cares about a few Washington swampdwellers booing him? That’s like rocket fuel to his ego. 😆

Any time of any day of any week, Trump can make an appearance in America and fill a stadium with well-wishers. America LOVES Trump!

You, on the other hand? Hey, sorry about how your month-long superbegging-blitz was totally ignored by one and all. Funds must be getting tight, with no job, and the inheritance starting to peter out. Maybe you should learn to code… 😆 (Chonky’s code-jobs are notoriously awful and buggy)

Wow. And I thought I was decent on a chromatic.

It’s a Facebook link so it prolly won’t work, but Trump was in excellent form in this brief address. I’m not getting noways tired of all the winning. 😄

Wow…nothing! 😂

Here’s the YouTube link:

14. dezzez says:

You have him this time fatty, he is going down for covering up monitored phone calls, how sneaky, right?

So I got an email today from friend Carl. I can’t quite peg him. He’s a liberal on some stuff, but a libertarian on others. He hates Trump.

Hey Bunk, you at all concerned about power outages? Got any suggestions for us Hoi Polloi? Other than “here’s the power, here’s the outage – don’t be THERE!”, of course?

So I replied:

Carl–

Yeah, and yeah.

Repeal CA environmental laws that put the lives of subterranean poison finches, leaping blood slugs and microscopic twig weasels above the lives of human beings.

Allow PGE to clear cut under power lines. Ask Washington DC for FEMA and/or Army Corps of Engineers assistance.

Allow the State Fire Marshal to authorize clear cutting 100 yard wide fire breaks where they deem necessary.

Allow dead wood to be harvested by anyone.

Give the “Angelenos Without Homes” scythes to clear underbrush in exchange for sandwiches and drugs.

Recall Gavin Newsom (who described bums as “Angelenos Without Homes” yesterday).

Bunk

• Koko says:

You can hear the panic in their voices. Sad that people are suckered in by developers that just want their money and probably do know the real risks of building in those woods with those well known seasonal winds.

16. Koko says:

Some acid hard rock is righteous and ruthlessly precise.

17. Koko says:

Of course I could do this if I wanted to. I just don’t want to. Seriously I can see why his brother chose to play drums.

Did you know their roles were reversed, in the beginning? Alex had the guitar, and Eddie was playing drums when they were kids. Eddie started playing the guitar, and it became clear very quickly that they needed to switch up.

• OLT, Legendary Status Dutch Uncle says:

Plus he got to bang Valerie Bert ‘n’ Ernie.

You couldn’t wipe the grin off my face, either.

• Koko says:

Valerie was a peach. Eddie you magnificent bastard!!

It was weird how much they looked alike, when they first got together. Kind of like Mick and Bianca. People couldn’t help but notice, and say, “Hey, he found himself.” 😆

Btw, Alex is an underrated drummer. If you’ve ever seen him live, you know what I’m talking about. He’s a beast. Some of the best drum solos I’ve ever heard, came from him around 1980, and ’84. In those four years, he had progressed massively, incorporating technology and lighting to really drive those mothers home.

Oh, Seth. You’re hilarious. You’re always so right about Trump, with your daily attacks. I mean, about 30% of people think you must be right, and funny, despite the complete collapse of every dirty narrative you’ve spun about our most successful President ever. Look at how Chonky McDumbass tweets your glurge every single day, and twice on…every single day. Look at how his popularity is skyrock…no, wait. Don’t look at that.

19. OLT, Legendary Status Dutch Uncle says:

LOL, Libs called one more time on hypocrisy.

Net effect on Libs: 0

/Vindman vs. Flynn

End result: Your prior military service is of no account to me if you are part of a coup, or support reducing my rights. Deal with it. Thank you for your service when you were a loyal American, Major General Arnold.

/and Libs? Dear God … pull your shit together, kids

So now opinion = truth.

• OLT, Legendary Status Dutch Uncle says:

Only if your opinion matches the Left’s.

But I agree, Vindman is offering an opinion to attempt to hurt Trump; Flynn was entrapped and financially ruined by a Federal Agency under color of authority to attempt to hurt Trump.

Different scenarios.

Ah, but they do share a theme.

So I will offer:

Truth = Anything that we think will hurt Trump

America to MSM: “Yeah, we don’t listen to you guys no more. You all perform in the worst donkey show this side of Tijuana. Go ‘way!”

20. Koko says:

Heh heh. Schiff’s own witnesses are revolting against him.

Schiff doesn’t want the American public to know that President Trump’s phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky was completely above board.

“I want to be clear, I was not concerned that anything illegal was discussed,” Morrison said.

This is why Schiff is conducting the hearings behind closed doors.

CBS News posted Morrison’s opening statement to the committee.
    Morrison BLOWS UP the Democrat conspiracy and said NOTHING illegal was discussed on the call.

21. Koko says:

All those Nats twerps must’ve been seething when this came on! LOL 🤣

I suggested the motto, “He’s the asshole we need.” Nobody wanted to run with it. Turned out, I was exactly right then, and I’m ready to double-down for 2020.

Imagine actual GOP ads using the word, “asshole.” How great would that be? Infinity, and beyond. YMMV. 😆

Congrats on busting the Octo sidebar capture.

It’s true. China’s Communist gubmint has been such a dehumanizing disaster from the start, and now we have to pretend we’re allies with the subhumans who run it. Such is Realpolitik, in all its tattered glory. We tend to take Western Democracy for granted nowadays, and focus on the flaws, but look at the gruesome alternatives around the globe!

Now Chonky’s just saying words. 😆

Yeah, nobody’s ever touching this cover. Wow. What a talent.

His Dad had a little talent, too. Not for being a great father, as he left the family, and not for longevity, as he died three years younger than his son eventually did, but musically he was a real standout.

You also used to lick your kneecap, as a little pig in Hawaii. We are fascinated by your childhood gluttony, Fatass. Please, tell us more about it.

Sidebar. Mine. Suck it.

I blocked three lane-changing bumper-hugging cowboys today on the 405. Life is good.

27. Octopus, King Of The Road, The Unburnt, Thief Of The Red Rocks of Zion says:

…sez the fat toad who hasn’t worked in twenty or more years. 😆

• dezzez says:

Evil corporations force a holiday on fat jobless loser without giving him a 3 day weekend.
      Chuck isn’t in the clown car, he is the clown car.

^^ Some dumbass liberal was being snarky about this awesome Trump meme.

I wonder if Trump is really asking God for guidance, these days. I bet he is, for the first time in his life. The responsibility is crushing at times, according to previous holders of the office. No easy answers to anything, despite what the Idiot Left says.

We had our first sneaux of the season last night. 😯

29. dezzez says:

Says the guy with 2 Twitter accounts.

Twitter is TEH NAZIS!! 😄

Why doesn’t Fatass use the same standards to apply to all parties with whom he has beef? If it goosesteps like a Nazi pigdog, why not tar and feather them with the same brush you use on every conservative target?

😃👏😎

Sneaux predicted for the morning hours tomorrow, turning to rain. My buddy’s 8th-9th grade football team is playing in their Super Bowl at 3pm, and I have to be there. Layers is what I’m thinking about. At least 4-5 layers, between my delicate flower body and the deep space cold. Oh, Teh Warmening…where is thy sting?

• Abu sans pen*s due to children’s football says:

Gore-Tex golf gear is not only for the course. 🏌🏻‍♂️🏌🏻‍♂️🏌🏻‍♂️ Hope your bud’s boys are injury free. A win would be nice but I detest when the little bastards don’t listen to coaching and ruin my chance of rooting for a champion.

Health first!

I just can’t decide which pic is goofier. Clearly, based on our common knowledge of the love expressed by Chonky for Pam at the time, he was aroused and ready for physical consummation of their online love affair at the time of this momentous meeting of the moobs and boobs. Look at the eager anticipation on his dumb face! He was ready for action, in a way he hasn’t been since that night, and the several days that followed, when he found out Pam was going to Europa with Spencer The Hirsute, rather than his own sweaty self.

Very soon came “The Night Of The Long Knives,” and the steady slide into madness and oblivion. On came Lewd-Wank and Ass-Whistle, the late-stage carcinomas of his final demise. Gay-Bro Mikey, NTTAWWT, came on strong to help cement the total destruction of the blog, with cuckoo Warmening theories and whatnot. The Final Acceptance of “OBAMA,” aka, “One Big-Ass Mistake, America,” was the final nail in the coffin.

Why do we still mock the Chonky-Man? Well, why not? He’s as good a stand-in for the Idiot Left as we’ve seen, and we know his habits. He continues to make himself a gross figure-of-fun on the daily, hourly and minutely. So, it’s easy.

I had never seen anyone destroy himself as spectacularly as Fatso in 2009. Since then, there have been quite a few flamers – Bill Kristol, John McCain, Romney etc.

33. Octopus, King Of The Road, The Unburnt, Thief Of The Red Rocks of Zion says:

I was wondering what was going on with Haley Reinhart, whom I first met on “Idol,” and then followed on Post-Modern Jukebox. I may have posted this vid before, but here she is again. I love this girl. I mean, her singing. 😉

This thread is pure gold, on the subject of this Vindman character.

The derangement is real. 😂

The hilarity of Shrillary!

I don’t understand why Trevor’s question was so funny to her, Chelsea and the audience. I would have stood up & walked out.

It was a pre-approved set-up gag, with her scripted reaction designed to make much hilarity of the whole idea. Noah is on her team, all the way.

It goes to show how depraved Noah is for thinking the question was funny & how stupid she is for allowing that kind of question.

How stupid was Shrillary for selecting that Prison Orange Jumpsuit for the campaign trail, though? 😆

Going out to our club in Cleveland for a late afternoon function. No sparklies, thank Gaia! 😆

I hope you enjoyed the prime rib, ‘Mouse. You and your elitist pals. 😆

My wife always gets the prime rib, when we’re at a fancy dinner thing. She’s a bloody-toothed carnivore, and I respect that about her. Her ancestors lived on a damned rock in the Aegean for centuries, conquered by Moors, Turks and what have you. Meat was a gift from the gods. Lucky it wasn’t human meat, from your own deceased relatives. Because that would be dark, and not just talking about the Moorish conquerors of Chios and other Greek islands…

No prime rib. 😦 Just appetizers and drinks. The only place I know of, that’s near home, is an Amish restaurant. They MAKE the prime rib every day there. None of this frozen crap.

38. Koko says:

Translation: Oh yeah, you’re gonna lose your job because my left wing ideology is more important.

Great campaign message.

Warren is batshit. None of her ideas make any real world sense, just like Bernie’s socialist solutions to everything. I can’t imagine her winning any kind of national election, but then, I scoffed at Trump’s chances, until he started smoking everyone in the primaries.

The debates are going to be fun. 😆

The biggest problem for Trump will be trying to avoid looking like a bully, pounding on a retarded senior citizen. You don’t want to create a sympathetic backlash. On the other hand, Joe is a complete disaster as a candidate, with nothing to recommend him besides a long affiliation with a party most people don’t trust or respect. It’s almost impossible to imagine Trump losing to Biden, which makes me nervous…

39. Koko says:

It’s loony loons like her I guess that Pelousy is trying to appease. Someone should mention to her that Bill Clinton had 11 counts of possible grounds for impeachment by the special prosecutor Ken Starr.

Trump OTOH had 0.

My cousin, a few years older than me, is a retired FBI agent. When I talked to him at our family reunion back in July, I inquired as to his opinion on the current state of the organization. He told me the rank-and-file people are 90% good Americans, wanting what’s best for the country and wanting to put down criminal behavior by anyone in their jurisdiction. But, there’s a subset of people who are on the career path, who will do literally anything to promote themselves and their agendas. The guys at the top are mostly in this category, pure political animals attuned to the media and the zeitgeist, with SJW-leanings and all the Ivy League, anti-American horseshit that’s being taught on our campuses. It’s a dangerous situation, but you don’t want to forget all the good people who actually do the work, in the field. My cousin sees the opportunity for some of these good ones to rise to the top, under the right administration, and he’s all for Trump. We’ll see how this develops.

Btw, this cousin’s Dad was my father’s younger brother, who served in the Marine Corps during WWII, and fought on Iwo Jima. Later he became a firefighter, like his father (my grandfather), and then an ATF agent in upstate New York. He died young of a sudden heart attack, at 67, on his first trip to Alaska after he retired, to visit his son who was then in the Air Force. Died watching a movie, in a theater in southern Alaska, the day before he was scheduled to arrive at the base where his son was stationed. Had the theater been closer to a hospital, he would have survived most likely, but it was a couple of hundred miles away from the nearest one.

Gus linked to this story in a tweet tonight, but her idiocratic take deserves its own direct link. I mean, jeeee-zuss! 😆

The idea that Climate Change Crisis OMFG!!1! has anything to do with the wildfires, earthquakes, sea erosion, mudslides, firenados, locusts, blood-and-frog rain, or any of the other natural disasters visited upon Caligomorrah on an annual basis is too ridiculous for any serious person to entertain for more than a drug-addled minute, but they’ve turned it into yet another New Age religion out there in the land of fruits and nuts. That people pay an incredible premium to live in the dangerous desert is none of my business, except that I have friends and extended-family out there, too. I don’t want them all to suffer tragedy. It’s hard to generate real sympathy, when people persist in making bad choices.

I was at the Gentle Barn with my family this past summer, and I was moved by their story, despite being a strict carnivore. They help make life better for some select farm animals who’ve fallen on hard, abusive times, and I love that they care. I hugged a couple of cows, and I’m not afraid to admit it. I met some good people there, too. I recognize a couple of the animals mentioned in this story, who had to weather the firestorm, and I wish them well.

• poteen2 says:

I work on Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton. 2 years ago they had Fire departments from all over the state and federal forestry on base to practice lighting backfires and other fire control stuff. Up to that point they had problems with base caused fires(live fire exercises) threatening homes off base in San Clemente and Fallbrook.
      Now they still start fires every day but they don’t get out of control. Short grasses and firebreaks where they are needed. And the buffalo don’t get wastefully Barbecued.
      Environmental ‘activists’ and their state gov’t enablers have killed more people and small animals than they know.

42. Koko says:

Oh no….

43. Koko says:

Wait who extorted Ukraine for personal gain by getting the prosecutor looking into Burisma and Hunter Biden fired?

44. Koko says:

Huh? What the hell does that mean? Is he telling libtards to stop paying taxes and obeying laws if Trump’s re-elected? Anyway he has no chance because of a major obstacle. Southern hetero males both black and white have a problem (right or wrong) with gays. And the fact he’s married to a man. Plus his handling of the recent shooting of a black man by a white cop in North Bend where he’s mayor apparently seemed insensitive and disingenuous to some as he tried to remain focused on the Prez run.

45. Koko says:

BS article by the NY Times trying to smear the President as a propagandist on Twitter instead of the truth. Namely that he’s used this social media tool to take his POV and arguments directly to the people and put the drive by media propagandists on the defensive much to their dismay. They seem disoriented as they continue to purvey their pernicious lying narrative, gaining no traction except with libtard mouth breathers who already drank the KoolAde. If 0bungle had personally Tweeted as often asTrump instead of wasting time goofing off and leaving Twitter to bimbo airhead staffers posting adoring photos he would have been haled as a PR guru and political genius.

The NYT was busted by their own reporter for setting a daily narrative, and instructing reporters to go out and find stories to support that narrative. This is not journalism. Now they should tell Trump how to deal with the media, and scold him for taking his case directly to the people through Twitter? I’m sensing a disconnect.

You did the same thing when Obama was president, and Dubya, too. Don’t blame Trump for your alcoholism. 😃

Gussy passed out after a night of feeling sorry for himself.

He’s going to wake up with a stiff neck, along with the usual pounding hangover headache 🤕.

I’ve never passed out, but have been sick after doing Tequila shots on a birthday when I lived in California & drinking Rum in Barbados when I was in my early 20’s. Both times I threw up & felt like crap for days. Who in their right mind would do that to themselves again & again?

Sadly, I’ve known a lot of such people. I also know people who had serious drinking problems, and quit the stuff. There’s hope for people like Gus, but it’s waning at his age.

Dance like nobody’s watching. 😃

Am pretty sure her hubby’s a happy man! 😆

• poteen2 says:

Shes gonna need a Binford turbo charged broom to fly away

With enhanced turbo encabulation.

• Koko says:

I’m glad you brought that up because a lot of people don’t know this –

The original machine had a base plate of pre-famulated amulite surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings were in a direct line with the panametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented.

The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-delta type placed in panendermic semi-boloid slots of the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a non-reversible tremie pipe to the differential girdle spring on the “up” end of the grammeters.

The turbo-encabulator has now reached a high level of development, and it’s being successfully used in the operation of novertrunnions. Moreover, whenever a forescent skor motion is required, it may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration.

The entire presentation is worth a review for anyone worth their salt in electronic engineering and software monitoring.

• Koko says:

Of course I didn’t mean I’M a an engineer. I have a degree in music. I did read a book about Einstein. He was a real jerk to his wife at times. That was my main take away.

Don’t forget to turn your clocks/watches back an hour!!

You’re right! Gavin Newsome is an asshole!

As I’ve related before, I read a long article in a California paper about this very subject, a couple of years ago. The author cited many studies pointing to the disastrous forest management practices in the state, and what needed to be done to fix the problem, which happens to be EXACTLY what Trump is suggesting. Of course Fatass calls him a name, for stating the obvious truth. 😆

• dezzez says:

No clearing trees around power lines, tweety-bird lives there.
      No cutting old dead or dying trees, Mr. squirrel lives there.
      Imbeciles like Chuck have managed to roast alive millions of animals they pretend to care about.
      The lack of forest management backed by loons like Chuck are to blame and they are for all practical purposes guilty of arson.

PG&E is the bogeyman here, because the “Un-housed Angelenos” and arsonists don’t have the resources to pay reparations.

Ya THINK so? 😆 😆

Tuesday is election day for local elections. In our county it’s all about Tax Levies and township/school stuff.

Make sure you're logged in if you're using a gravatar! ("W" icon in lower right)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s