The 1979 Johnson vs. The 2019 Johnson

The Pages’ “Do I Believe In You” made No. 84 on Billboard’s Top 100 Singles list in 1979. Charles didn’t last long with that band either, and his levis look very uncomfortable. That might explain something.

The Little Green Footballs Wiki page has been edited from the last time I perused it, and now includes these links:

Allegations of anti-Arab and anti-Muslim sentiment

• R. J. Smith, writing in Los Angeles Magazine, stated that LGF is a “dysfunctional mix of beautiful photos Johnson takes on coastal bike rides and constitutionally protected hate speech” which “believes all Muslims are terrorists until proven innocent.”[56]
  • Ibrahim Hooper, spokesman for the Council of American Islamic Relations (CAIR) called Little Green Footballs “a vicious, anti-Muslim hate site” and says that the FBI has “investigated several threats of physical harm against Muslims posted by Little Green Footballs readers”.[3]
  • Columnist Antonia Zerbisias has described LGF as a “virulently anti-Muslim/Arab website”.[57]

“It’s like somebody got to him” —Andrew Breitbart

Any guesses on who knocked on Charles’ kitchen door at 3AM? Nah. Didn’t think so.

208 Comments on “The 1979 Johnson vs. The 2019 Johnson”

Hi, I’m stooped! 😆

Never heard of ‘The Pages’. Sounds like another loser that the fat loser was was involved with.

Going to our youngest grandson’s b-day party today. He’s one years old!! Unreal!!

I just realized I’m a bad person! I was kind of disappointed to see Hurricane Dorian veering away from the Florida coast. Why would I want a direct hit? I like Florida! 😎🧐

Glass houses and stones, Gus. 🤪

• Koko getting all introspective says:

Social media is a thing of wonder. If nothing else it brings out the true person. Many here defend Gus but I don’t. Yes he is pathetic. But he is also casually and ignorantly vicious. He has no business crapping on a dead rock legend which is why even liberals hate him on Twitter. He’s like a dog that bites the hand that feeds. I view him like Ted Rawl. I admire some aspects of him only grudgingly.

• dezzez says:

Gus hasn’t been sober since he could crawl, has never been able to hold a job, is a mooch with no future, no fiends and no home.
        For him to call someone else a drunken loser is off the charts lack of self-awareness.

Your sister kicked Keith Moon out of her garage, too?

Them’s fighting words. Hmmmphh!

8. Koko says:

So in case anyone was wondering where’s a good place to go and murder beautiful young white women in their father’s arms in broad daylight and get off scott free, evidently it’s San Fran-sicko. Have fun watching libturds yawn and not give a shit!!

I understand the shit’s all over the sidewalks, in San Fran. That makes it nice, eh?

Talk about reaping the whirlwind.

I dunno. I think straights have just as much right as any other group to be proud of themselves and who they want to sleep with. Am totally for straight pride parades. I’d even wear a vagina hat.

• Koko says:

You ROCK righty! It’s not about straights against gays. It’s about inclusion for everyone. Sharing this with my wife who is proudly straight (and a pro musician like your excellent husband band leader.) But like me, totally for gays! They try to divide us but can’t.

Aziz talked about this scene as an example of how even fairly-recent movies, even huge blockbusters, contained humor that wouldn’t pass pc-muster in 2019. It’s also ironic, because Bradley Cooper, the pager in the scene, is a closeted gay man. Don’t ask me how I know. But I know. And there’s nothing wrong with it!

Hey, there’s that great comedic masterpiece! Let’s have a look-see, for the first time in weeks. 😆

• Koko not want apple says:

And I “just want to say” I will never tune into your lame shows. Or your moron fake news panels of completely wrong superior acting scumbags. Except for Ann Coulter who has more balls than all the left soy boys who call her a man, clearly only pretending leggy hot blondes are not who they want. But ugly, inexplicably lumpy Shitlery Klingon is a total babe!! Whatev. And yes I know she’s bashed Trump. But that’s OK because she’s earned that right. Because she sat there on that panel being laughed at while being totally right.

How sad when you’re so leftard stupid you don’t even know what an attractive woman is anymore. This is supposed to be a picture of her but when I check it after having used Apple’s copy function it continues to pretend as though I did something wrong. We all know how gorgeous she is so do your own search if need be. This Apple moron toy cannot be trusted.

• Koko just another motley banana eating fool says:

I wasted a half hour on a reply post to this video which I really loved BTW. It disappeared. It’s really sad but predictable I guess that there’s no real freedom anymore. And spam filters rule when we used to be able to be creative. Thanks to scumbags who create bots to fuck everyone. No one’s fault of course. I do wonder where some of my comments end up. Some show up delayed while other’s never show up. I’m actually struggling with this technology today because I feel like there’s a power struggle going on. There’s the need for security which ends up being crippling. But there’s also a struggle between Apple and Google to control the user for money. And everyone’s forgot we bought computers because they are tools. But the corporations realize they can make more money on them as toys. Very powerful toys. I can’t complain too much because I’ve made money investing in all this of which I bitch. Technology, that is. As an old guy who worked for one of the big investment houses (OK the very biggest one, starts with F, ends in y, figure it out) the only thing I could tell you (disclaimer – I’m not legally licenced to tell you anything) is invest in technology. Because we’re always going to need it.

Thanks, Koko!! Hubby’s a very good conductor & currently has his head buried in scores for West Side Story.

I have wavy brown hair so I’m proud, and that makes me better than you.

Erm…why come Chonky never expresses any remorse over the shooting victims in Chicago? It’s almost racist, the way he ignores their pain. And they have the toughest gun laws of anyone!

11. ISTE says:

How about a “I am hetrosexual male by birth oobut I only am sexually attracted to women if a large African American male shoves a cucumber, a small melon, and red peppers up my ass first”

Why is it that people need to identify themselves as to what they do with their penis or vagina requires on their day off?

As to me stating my sexuality. I will sleep with anyone, and I mean sleep in sub zero temperatures as long as they do not steal my blanket.

So you all now know. I will sleep with anyone.

do not steal my blanket!

What if your dick was really on your face, like the pic above? Would that be better or worse for society as a whole? What about the Pinocchio story, aka, “Sit On My Face And Tell Me Lies.” What about blowing your nose? All very problematic.

Btw, we watched the Aziz Ansari comedy show tonight, called “Right Now.” Much better than his earlier specials, imho. He’s matured into a good comic observer of society. You may recall, he got nailed in the #MeToo mayhem last year, and was nearly lynched. He talks about that a bit, but not the details of the episode, which involved consensual sex with a date who decided the next day he had been a little too persuasive about the sex. Geez…you aren’t allowed to beg anymore? I’d better stay married. 😆

13. Koko says:

I will check that out. Aziz, that is. He’s very funny.

I don’t watch much TV except Andy Griffith, House, Law & Order (old ones), Tucker Carlson and maybe Hannity.

I think I’m pretty selective when it comes to regular viewing. There was a time when I watched no TV, besides Red Wings hockey games.

I was never a TV couch-potato type of person. Too much multi-tasking going on. If I need extended private time, I grab a book to read. Especially in the winter. In front of the fire.

• Abu penis penis penis lol says:

Red Wings Hockey is a gateway drug to whatever Biden is taking. Just sayin’.

My future is gonna be…innarestin’. 😆

Those 20 years of Cup-contention are the sports highlight of my life. I willingly pay the price. In fact, let me smell your hair…AAAAAAHHHH!

You get the same thrill from a can of Sterno, Gus.

The Bahamas are getting drilled with a Cat 5 beast. 😱

Now I hope Dorian misses the US. I don’t have a lot of faith the weather prophets’ ability to predict the correct path. Seems like they’re making it up as they go.

Getting ready to go to son’s godparents home for Labor Day party. Have been in the kitchen with son making egg rolls & pot stickers to take as appetizers. Son was showing off to his Filipino girlfriend by texting her pics of the yummies on the stove. Too funny. 🙂

The only reason it’s still a secret is because the silly thing was scribbled by one of the failing NYT in-house propaganda pushers.

Kanye sure likes to mix it up! Now he’s holding regular Sunday services, attended by the lowly and exalted alike. You go, Ye. 😄

It’s not very good. Loses the whole essence of the song.

21. Koko says:

Thanks Bunk. You are, as usual the BEST!! They are tiny little thoughts but I guess they are important to me to be seen. ☺️

Thanx a wad. I’m just trying to keep this place afloat while the rest of the Blogosphere says “Charles WHO? You mean that pustule is still around?”

Music to wait for the Cat 5 hurricane to hit the coast. Scary video from the Bahamas last night, and now the thing is just sitting on them, churning up the debris.

This song reminds me of something The Who might have recorded, back in the glory days of rock. At least until Adenoids Boy starts singing.

Didn’t make it to the yard. ☹️

Groucho eye-roll! 😂

Fatass retweeted this psychotic gem:

That’s not too crazy 😜.

Antifaggoo is trying the same strategy that Charles Manson tried, in his attempt to start a civil war, aka, Helter Skelter. Except the MSM is mainly supporting this effort.

Does he ever realize, just for an instant in a fleeting moment of lucidity, that this is HIS life he’s ranting about? Or is he too far gone?

Chonky the galloping gourmand! 😆

Note: he’s looking at a foodie website, while stuffing his face with Cheetos.

If that’s the only kind of job you can get, do it. It’s better than being a whiny, stoned & drunken SOB on the dole.

Imagine having to do anything, for 8 hours per day. I mean, seriously…work a job? No Way! 😆

Work means he’d have to get up in the morning and be somewhere EVERY day for 8 hours or more unless he worked the night shift and that would cut into booze and bong happy hours.

You don’t know Pence. You only know your own demented self. We know you too & I’m thinking you’re projecting.

I guess I was a little ahead of the curve, praising Chappelle’s new comedy special a few days back. Now it’s a very controversial thing, with the Idiot Left in a tornadic kerfuffle. Ace does a nice job of piecing together some high-points, as usual

Walmart is woke AF. They’re considering changing their hiring practices to only hire eunuchs, in response to the epidemic of rape in this awful country.

Eunuchs become shapely and grow boobs, so I guess that’s okay from a marketing standpoint.

They don’t have monthly attitude problems, either. Do Eunuchs get cramps? I don’t know anyone else to ask.

Eunuchs do not get cramps, don’t get pregnant, don’t make anyone else pregnant, and they do tend to develop curvy bodies. They have a talent for office politics, which must be monitored in order to stave off excessive palace intrigue. Some of them are very fine singers, with four and five-octave range, making them a big hit at office parties and team-bonding karaoke outings.

Thanks.

“Da bomb” was cultural appropriation in the ’80’s. Now it’s just assholery. 😆

Oh, and don’t forget I’m a huge computer nerd, with a fading Mac monitor.

Don’t cry for me, Argentine.

Speaking of nasty bitches, this is a righteous take-down of Rachel Madcow. 🙂

😆

Now she’s out raising money to pay the legal bills of Antifaggoo dorks who assaulted cops and the straight pride parade funsters. Wow.

The Tetons are the youngest mountain range in the Rockies, and they kind of look it. More jagged and fresh-looking than the others. Some might say, “perky.” 🙂 I ogled them a lot, when we were in Jackson, WY.

I never saw any mountains in person until about five years ago, aside from flying over them at 30-40,000 feet. They impress me. I don’t want to climb them myself, though. That’s for people who aren’t afraid of unsafe heights.

• Koko says:

That’s because you’re from Detroit, man. I’m from Ohio and then settled in N. Ky. Like you say, you just don’t see that amazing topography until you start moving about this fantastic country. I took my daughter to see a college out East, Stauntan Virginia, (they call it Stanton, I have no idea why). To get there you have to drive around mountains. My daughter and I spelled each other driving because you cannot ‘eff-up man, you can’t fall asleep. It’s constant curves and I started the trip drunk like the ass I am. So she was like Dad…. Let me drive. And I slept. I came back to about halfway through and spelled her. It’s just astounding beautiful mountains. Great trip and beautiful young smart ladies. It’s a women’s college. They wouldn’t let me stay with them, only my daughter. Yeah it’s a joke. I was still running then and I ran around that whole campus at 28 degrees, cold as hell in February. So exhilarating. And met some cool people at the Bed and Breakfast, one guy who sails and engineers massive sail boats. I’m like WTF? Really? Like Ted Geisel said, oh the people you will meet. They make you feel like a complete loser idiot. I thought I was good. But evidently NOT. 🙂

Even more magnifique than the Grand Tetons…

• Koko says:

Oh right. The infamous rusty gate. Thanks Chonky for that tiny stupid thought. Can you now show us a picture of a distant tanker?

Wow. CNN spared Alabama from Hurricane Dorian.

Mencken was a pistol. 😆

——————————————————————-

The Declaration of Independence in American
    by H. L. Mencken 1921

WHEN THINGS get so balled up that the people of a country got to cut loose from some other country, and go it on their own hook, without asking no permission from nobody, excepting maybe God Almighty, then they ought to let everybody know why they done it, so that everybody can see they are not trying to put nothing over on nobody.

All we got to say on this proposition is this: first, me and you is as good as anybody else, and maybe a damn sight better; second, nobody ain’t got no right to take away none of our rights; third, every man has got a right to live, to come and go as he pleases, and to have a good time whichever way he likes, so long as he don’t interfere with nobody else. That any government that don’t give a man them rights ain’t worth a damn; also, people ought to choose the kind of government they want themselves, and nobody else ought to have no say in the matter. That whenever any government don’t do this, then the people have got a right to give it the bum’s rush and put in one that will take care of their interests. Of course, that don’t mean having a revolution every day like them South American yellow-bellies, or every time some jobholder goes to work and does something he ain’t got no business to do. It is better to stand a little graft, etc., than to have revolutions all the time, and any man that wasn’t a anarchist or one of them I.W.W.’s would say the same. But when things get so bad that a man ain’t hardly got no rights at all no more, but you might almost call him a slave, then everybody ought to get together and throw the grafters out, and put in new ones who won’t carry on so high and steal so much, and then watch them. This is the proposition the people of these Colonies is up against, and they have got tired of it, and won’t stand it no more. The administration of the present King, George III, has been rotten from the start, and when anybody kicked about it he always tried to get away with it by strong-arm work. Here is some of the rough stuff he has pulled:

He vetoed bills in the Legislature that everybody was in favor of, and hardly nobody was against.

He wouldn’t allow no law to be passed without it was first put up to him, and then he stuck it in his pocket and let on he forgot about it, and didn’t pay no attention to no kicks.

When people went to work and gone to him and asked him to put through a law about this or that, he give them their choice: either they had to shut down the Legislature and let him pass it all by himself, or they couldn’t have it at all.

He made the Legislature meet at one-horse tank-towns, so that hardly nobody could get there and most of the leaders would stay home and let him go to work and do things like he wanted.

He give the Legislature the air, and sent the members home every time they stood up to him and give him a call-down or bawled him out.

When a Legislature was busted up he wouldn’t allow no new one to be elected, so that there wasn’t nobody left to run things, but anybody could walk in and do whatever they pleased.

He tried to scare people outen moving into these States, and made it so hard for a wop or one of these here kikes to get his papers that he would rather stay home and not try it, and then, when he come in, he wouldn’t let him have no land, and so he either went home again or never come.

He monkeyed with the courts, and didn’t hire enough judges to do the work, and so a person had to wait so long for his case to come up that he got sick of waiting, and went home, and so never got what was coming to him.

He got the judges under his thumb by turning them out when they done anything he didn’t like, or by holding up their salaries, so that they had to knuckle down or not get no money.

He made a lot of new jobs, and give them to loafers that nobody knowed nothing about, and the poor people had to pay the bill, whether they could or not.

Without no war going on, he kept an army loafing around the country, no matter how much people kicked about it.

He let the army run things to suit theirself and never paid no attention whatsoever to nobody which didn’t wear no uniform.

He let grafters run loose, from God knows where, and give them the say in everything, and let them put over such things as the following:

Making poor people board and lodge a lot of soldiers they ain’t got no use for, and don’t want to see loafing around.

When the soldiers kill a man, framing it up so that they would get off.

Interfering with business.

Making us pay taxes without asking us whether we thought the things we had to pay taxes for was something that was worth paying taxes for or not.

When a man was arrested and asked for a jury trial, not letting him have no jury trial.

Chasing men out of the country, without being guilty of nothing, and trying them somewheres else for what they done here.

In countries that border on us, he put in bum governments, and then tried to spread them out, so that by and by they would take in this country too, or make our own government as bum as they was.

He never paid no attention whatever to the Constitution, but he went to work and repealed laws that everybody was satisfied with and hardly nobody was against, and tried to fix the government so that he could do whatever he pleased.

He busted up the Legislatures and let on he could do all the work better by himself.

Now he washes his hands of us and even goes to work and declares war on us, so we don’t owe him nothing, and whatever authority he ever had he ain’t got no more.

He has burned down towns, shot down people like dogs, and raised hell against us out on the ocean.

He hired whole regiments of Dutch, etc., to fight us, and told them they could have anything they wanted if they could take it away from us, and sicked these Dutch, etc., on us.

He grabbed our own people when he found them in ships on the ocean, and shoved guns into their hands, and made them fight against us, no matter how much they didn’t want to.

He stirred up the Indians, and give them arms and ammunition, and told them to go to it, and they have killed men, women and children, and don’t care which.

Every time he has went to work and pulled any of these things, we have went to work and put in a kick, but every time we have went to work and put in a kick he has went to work and did it again. When a man keeps on handing out such rough stuff all the time, all you can say is that he ain’t got no class and ain’t fitten to have no authority over people who have got any rights, and he ought to be kicked out.

When we complained to the English we didn’t get no more satisfaction. Almost every day we give them plenty of warning that the politicians over there was doing things to us that they didn’t have no right to do. We kept on reminding them who we was, and what we was doing here, and how we come to come here. We asked them to get us a square deal, and told them that if this thing kept on we’d have to do something about it and maybe they wouldn’t like it. But the more we talked, the more they didn’t pay no attention to us. Therefore, if they ain’t for us they must be agin us, and we are ready to give them the fight of their lives, or to shake hands when it is over.

Therefore be it resolved, That we, the representatives of the people of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, hereby declare as follows: That the United States, which was the United Colonies in former times, is now a free country, and ought to be; that we have throwed out the English King and don’t want to have nothing to do with him no more, and are not taking no more English orders no more; and that, being as we are now a free country, we can do anything that free countries can do, especially declare war, make peace, sign treaties, go into business, etc. And we swear on the Bible on this proposition, one and all, and agree to stick to it no matter what happens, whether we win or we lose, and whether we get away with it or get the worst of it, no matter whether we lose all our property by it or even get hung for it.

Author’s Note
    When this was reprinted in A Mencken Chrestomathy, the author added the following note:

“From THE AMERICAN LANGUAGE. THIRD EDITION, 1923, pp. 398-402. First printed, as Essay in American, in the Baltimore Evening Sun, Nov. 7, 1921. Reprinted in THE AMERICAN LANGUAGE, SECOND EDITION, 1921, pp. 388-92. From the preface thereof: ‘It must be obvious that more than one section of the original is now quite unintelligible to the average American of the sort using the Common Speech. What would he make, for example, of such a sentence as this one: “He has called together bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures”? Or of this: “He has refused for a long time, after such dissolution, to cause others to be elected, whereby the legislative powers, incapable of annihilation, have returned to the people at large for their exercise.” Such Johnsonian periods are quite beyond his comprehension, and no doubt the fact is at least partly to blame for the neglect upon which the Declaration has fallen in recent years, When, during the Wilson-Palmer saturnalia of oppressions [1918-1920], specialists in liberty began protesting that the Declaration plainly gave the people the right to alter the government under which they lived and even to abolish it altogether, they encountered the utmost incredulity. On more than one occasion, in fact, such an exegete was tarred and feathered by shocked members of the American Legion, even after the Declaration had been read to them. What ailed them was simply that they could not understand its Eighteenth Century English.’ This jocosity was denounced as seditious by various patriotic Americans, and in England it was accepted gravely and deplored sadly as a specimen of current Standard American.”

43. windbag says:

The 1980s outdoor sport edition Johnson

Don’t we have folks who post here from the Carolinas and Florida? Hope all is well and they are out of harm’s way.

Go back to bed, Gussy.

• windbag says:

Surely, that tweet is against community standards.

Supposedly, the band was named after an old-fashioned “Grandma’s Little Helper.” 😱

I used to like them a bit, back in the 70’s. They were a little too laid-back for my taste, for the most part. I need more cowbell and chainsaw.

• KGB says:

One of the three best American rock acts of all time, and I won’t quibble if you stick them at #1. The relistenability factor is off the charts.

A little jazzy. NTTAWWT! 😄

Same era? Who are your other five? Let us know so we can mock you.

When you limit it to American acts, you wipe a lot of awesome rockers off the dais — pikers like the Stones, Led Zep, Bowie, Queen, Pink Floyd, etc. Who was killing it in the ’70’s, from these here parts? I’ll name a few, off the top of my misshapen alien head:

Allman Bros
            Aerosmith
            Doors
            Skynyrd
            Eagles
            Fleetwood Mac
            Creedence

I’m sure there are a dozen others who deserve mention, but I have to go now.

• Koko says:

That’s a good list. Take it from an elitist Jazz Fag. 😁

I don’t think of jazz as faggy, or even effete. I like some of it a lot, like Dixieland and certain artists who just swing like cool 😎, Daddy-O. Most of it gives me a headache — I try to listen too hard and “figure it out,” and I just don’t have the background, or something. I’m simple. I like a caveman, pounding on an upturned metal garbage can, like it owes him money.

I don’t begrudge anyone the right to live it up, if they manage to strike it rich in life. I find it inspiring and fun to read about. However, the current crop of shitlib-celebs have taken it upon themselves to lecture the rest of us about how we should be living, while they jet around the world in private luxury jets and spend the rest of their time on yachts banging each other. Leo is one of the worst lecturers around, though he’s a really good actor, imho. You see him pretending to be hetero now and again, with a flock of lovely young ladies on his boat, on the beach, vying for his attention, and they have the pics taken to send to TMZ. He’s gay, btw. Which is fine! Might even be preferable to being straight, these days. So why hide it?

Getting back to the yacht, now — isn’t she a beaut? We peasants can rent a tiny, cramped room on a cruise ship in order to catch norovirus and puke for a week. His deal is a little bit different. He gets very fat and lazy on-board, which is awesome. When it’s time to do a new movie, he has private trainers and nutritionists who work him into shape in a month or two. Not a bad life, I think. Good for Leo.

But you can take your condescending ignorance, and all your climate crisis OMFG!-silliness, and jam it up your boyfriend’s keister, Leo. Or your own. Live it up! 🙂

Too good not to share. 😆

Look, there’s a lot of fat people around. I don’t hate them, and I don’t blame them, really — there’s just too much delicious food around everywhere, and it’s hard to stay motivated for exercise and dietary restraint. I totally get it, and inside this aging Dad-bod is a huge fat fuck wanting to get out and eat all the donuts, especially the ones with lots of filling of the creamy or fruity varieties, but basically just all the donuts, including the stale ones. I love slightly-stale donuts, cookies and bread, among other things.

I don’t give way completely, because I don’t want the high blood pressure, diabetes, back and joint pain, and all the other fun stuff that comes with being lordly big. I also like feeling good, and being fit makes me feel good, and keeps me off the expensive, lots-of-side-effects meds that most of my peers are on to some degree. I think the old-new idea of embracing the fat and giving up on the restraint is very bad medicine, and incredibly unhealthy. I mean, look at Chonky, since he literally ditched his bike and took to the futon full-time. Remember Jack Armstrong’s “Sound mind in a healthy body?” Chonky is the opposite.

The stupidity of Chonky’s timeline tonight is too depressing to discuss right now. I’m going to bed. Later!

But I really thought at least we wouldn’t still have to put up with racist jackweasels like Tucker Carlson. We’d be… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
    38 minutes ago
    TBH, when I was a kid I never expected flying cars in the future, because even at that age I could see how fucked u… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
    38 minutes ago
    erg twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence…
    47 minutes ago
    @DevoDalek @SCE @LADWP The former.
    48 minutes ago
    Ugh. Power blinking off in LA. Fucking air conditioners, get off my lawn.
    55 minutes ago
    @MollyJongFast @jaketapper It was probably a lot easier to maintain the con game before he was president.
    1 hour ago
    @MollyJongFast @jaketapper Combination of a lifetime of narcissism and a deteriorating mind. He’s trying to keep th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
    1 hour ago
    RT @TheOnion: Marianne Williamson Deletes Tweets About Using Mind To Control Weather After Realizing Nation Unprepared To Wield Such Great…
    6 hours ago
    7 hours ago
    Colbert: Did Trump Break the Law by Altering a Map of Hurricane Dorian? lgf.bz/2HOI7B4 https://t.co/oLUb2sM1Jo
    8 hours ago

This minor kerfuffle was amusing, from the White Supremacy pov, but for me the funniest part was that the female African-American co-mascot is named Wukie — and she’s NOT the former First Lady! 😄

So racist I just can’t even. 😱👍🏽

50. Koko says:

But what about Luxembourg?

I really enjoy the Bright emails. 🙂

Somebody at work is selling the metal, foldable straws for their daughter’s Girl Scouts or whatever. I mentioned they were problematic, and you would have thought I’d advocated for killing every sea mammal immediately. I mean, Mom was pissed. 😯

—————————————————————–

Friday, September 6, 2019

Straw Bans Should be Cause for Alarm

Unnecessary climate panic is changing the law and our lives at an alarming rate. While it may seem like a minor inconvenience to drink out of a mushy paper straw or sippy-cup lid, bans on straws have become the trendiest piece of legislation in the United States. Virtue-signaling progressives rejoice in what they consider to be “planet-saving” bans on useful items needed by children and disabled people on a daily basis. The bans are not based at all on science and facts about ocean pollution, but entirely by emotional activists intent on making people think the world is on the verge of ending. Straws account for a nearly immeasurable amount of refuse in the ocean, yet laws are being changed at the whim of a conspiracy that they are a significant risk to the planet, despite significantevidence to the contrary.

Let’s look at some of the most blatant facts that debunk the idea that giving up your bendy straws will do any planet saving whatsoever.

– The United States contributes less than 1% of plastic ocean pollution annually (The Wall Street Journal)

– Plastic straws account for less than 1% of the 1% that the United States dumps into the ocean (Stanford Center for Ocean Solutions)

– Paper straws are not actually biodegradable and use significantly more energy to produce than plastic straws. In fact, paper straws don’t degrade all that much faster than their plastic counterparts. (The Environmental Protection Agency)

– No, you can’t recycle paper straws either. Items tainted with food product must go to landfill. (Recyclebank)

Yet, despite these extremely easy to research facts, presidential candidates and lawmakers across the country have vowed to make these types of bans priorities – and it’s been effective. That’s what’s really scary.

David Harsanyi has more about the dangers of overblown climate panic after enduring the seven-hour marathon of Democrats discussing climate on CNN. (The Federalist)

“Put it this way: the most benign climate-change plan proposed during CNN’s seven-hour Democratic Party presidential candidate town hall was more authoritarian than anything Donald Trump has ever suggested during his presidency. Democrats were not merely proposing massive societal upheaval but mass coercion.”

“None of this hysteria, as far as I can tell, was challenged during those seven hours.”

Meanwhile, Democratic candidate Elizabeth Warren would appreciate it if everyone stopped pointing out that climate change alarmists want to ban everyday items. (The Washington Examiner)

It’s O.K. to Admit that You Love America; It’s Pretty Great

Even though we are constantly being told that the United States is full of problematic, hateful people, and that we are basically the same as Germany right before World War II, and that we’re about 10 minutes from ending the planet by drinking out of plastic straws, it is nice to occasionally take a moment to remember that we live in the greatest country on the planet. No, of course, things aren’t perfect. But they’re a heck of a lot better than what you read about on Twitter and hear in the news. This is a big country full of extremely nice people enjoying the broadest freedom afforded to humans across the globe.

David Marcus wrote about a recent trip across the country in which he experienced a very different, far less racist America than the one we keep hearing about in the news. From The Federalist:

“This summer, I’ve had the chance to spend a few weeks on the road, exploring the vast, forgotten America west of the Acela corridor and east of Hollywood. In June, I drove from Brooklyn to Arkansas and back, and just last week coursed through the whole continent, landing at a beach bar in Venice Beach. One thing I noticed everywhere I went, in the bars and restaurants I haunted along the way, was a level of racial harmony that belies the notion of our nation as a hotbed of racism.

The people I met along the way, and there were a lot of them, were white, black, brown, Asian, and Native American, and they weren’t self-segregated within the establishments I found. Much the opposite: they were mixing, mingling, laughing, and drinking together without even a hint of racial tension.”

BRIGHT is brought to you by The Federalist.

Liberal sites like ‘Think Progress’ remind me of liberal talk radio – remember . They suck. And wealthy people have spent money in the past only to have their $$$ get flushed. Remember Air America?

“In the early 2000s, organizations such as the United Auto Workers and other wealthy liberals developed a plan to build a nationwide network of liberal talk radio to provide a viewpoint to counter conservative talk radio. In 2004, the progressive Air America Radio network was launched, featuring talk shows by Thom Hartmann, Al Franken, Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, and others.”

“Get Woke, Go Broke.”

It’s an ironclad rule, unless you have a monopoly like the tech-kids. Their day of reckoning is coming.

53. Koko feeling cynical says:

This hurricane is really horrible. Took me by surprise because they (the media) usually make them a bigger deal so they can make money. I just saw a very distraught Steve Harrington, Fox News correspondent reporting from the Bahamas. Scores are dead and corpses laying around rotting in heat like a war zone. Cars tumbled around like toys. You could tell it shook him and he’s seen everything. They’re so poor and of course the government is corrupt and steal everything and is so dysfunctional they can’t even take care of their dead. So I guess Unc Sam has to send in ships with food, clean water, decent helpful young men and women to deal with this nightmare. And later they’ll call us racists. Where’s the UN, the fabulous Cubans with their fantastic healthcare? Nothing ever changes under the Sun, does it?

54. ISTE says:

Lucy has an abnormal pussy

😦

Cats don’t wag their tails. They don’t even realize they have tails, but they think people should, and that’s why they hate us.

Some truth to offset the pain of idiotic violence and Leftist bullshit.

Huh. 205 comments. Now what?