How was Charles Johnson’s Thanksgiving? (The Internet wants to know.)

Everyone in the blogosphere wants to know how Charles Johnson’s Thanksgiving went. It went like this:

At 11am he posted a music video on LGF, then went silent, presumably to prepare a grand Thanksgiving Dinner. Then 3-1/2 hours later:

On our tradtional Day of Reverence, to be grateful for what we have – good fortune, good friends and family – and to remember those who are no longer with us, Charles is a miserable hateful person.

By 5:55pm, his bird was still not done, so let’s run the numbers. Say the prep for the turkey is one hour before you shove it into the oven, and if the rule of thumb is 15 minutes per pound, Charles bought a 24 lb. Butterball. For himself.

About a half hour later, the “big freakin’ bird” is done, and Charles has already consumed so much food he’s sleepy.

Does anyone buy that story given the timeline?

Charles didn’t go anywhere, didn’t have any friends or family over to his place, and didn’t eat it all in 20 minutes.

Or maybe he did.

LMAO Chuck. You’re more transparent than Claude Rains ever was.

255 Comments on “How was Charles Johnson’s Thanksgiving? (The Internet wants to know.)”

Numero Uno! 😆

Turkeys are a hassle to cook? Hahahaha! Were you trying to grill it while frozen like the salmon years ago? Dumbass.

He got a big cast iron skillet, fired up the stovetop burners and stood there for hours with a spatula to flip it over every five minutes. Eventually he could carve off a 4-inch slice that wasn’t pink.

LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! 😆

That “big freakin’ bird” may have been a hassle for a rotund ponytailed loser to cook but it turned out pretty well.

I think… 😆

Today Pakimog stay home and away from “Friday of Color” store madness to watch some hockey as Flyers battle Rangers in divisional slugfest while gorging on turkey sammiches!

Pakimog expect to be in turkey coma by 3rd period. 😀

Turkeys are so easy, it’s why I took over the job many years ago. 😆

I get so many compliments about how moist and delicious my turkey is, thanks to the method imparted to me by a local chef in a newspaper article. People are fiercely attached to their own methods, so I won’t proselytize.

The food for today’s party is also simple but good — sliders 🍔 and all kinds of good sides. Chunky is not invited — we have enough libturds coming, and only enough food for 20 humans.

I prep the turkey & hubby stuffs it with the dressing I’ve made & tents it with foil. Then, whoosh! In the oven for about 4 1/2 hours with several bastings along the way.

Lolwut?!

He was busy doing push-ups in military school, while you were practicing your whining and sniveling.

This must have been what Gussy did last night. Sad. 😦

You obviously don’t know Mao like I know Mao. Modern day liberals are communist in their thinking. They just envelop their ideology with rainbows & unicorns to make you think they’re awesome. Grow up.

Who is writing this Twitter garbage for Gussy? It’s laughably stupid!! 😆

Duh….

I love it when Gus tries to get all “deep.” He really exposes himself, even more so than when he was taking his midnight craps on the neighbor’s lawn, and peeking in the window of that angry guy’s tawny, taut daughter.

If he thinks Bobby Francis O’Rourke is a centrist, where is El Gusano on the spectrum?

Depends on his mood and level of intoxication. Far-Left to Far-Right, within an hour’s time most evenings.

Yep.

El Gusano swings like the pendulum do;
            Doobies and brewskis, two-by-two.
            Wets in his hovel while pounding Big Ben;
            With rosy red palms in his little pig pen.

12. dezzez says:

I noticed how fast Chuck cooked his bird and ate as well.
    They must keep Minute-Turkeys close to the Minute-Rice where he shops.

I’m not going to credit Ace for this one so much as I’m blaming him. I just wasted about 45 mins laughing at this Tourette’s-afflicted gal. It’s NSFW, btw. My kids say I have a touch of the Tourette’s, but this one’s got the whole program.

• Chunk is stuck on the couch and can't get up! says:

It’s remarkable to see. Tourette’s can be quite tragic. On the most recent video her whistling was stunningly good. And effortless mouth pops and outbursts, often profane are clearly out of her control. I wonder if she’s on any medication. Nice looking girl and I hope she’s OK in general. Seems to be turning it into a positive by letting people interact with her who are curious.

14. dezzez says:

Doom and gloom, the sky is falling!
    Chuck isn’t reading and won’t read a massive report and I always notice blobs like him never turn off a light, sit at a computer for 16 hours everyday with a stereo playing, a TV streaming NetFlix all while enjoying a temperature controlled room.
    Of course all Climate Change disciples power all of their energy hungry gadgets and appliances with unicorn farts and happy thoughts cause they would never harm the environment and support big oil.

He never mentions the source here — what crappy, grant-sucking foundation is behind the bullshit this time? 😆

15. ISTE says:

4:20pm Friday I have no water supply to my apartment.

I live in Houston. The Houston that is in the United States of America.

The same Houston that is where Mission Control is.

The same Houston that sent men to the moon.

And YET AGAIN I have no running water…..

I live a third world life in a first world country.

16. dezzez says:

And out come the begging bowls, “Shop Amazon, the corporate blood-sucking leaches I despise”

• Chunky looks like Pizza The Hut says:

Gosh what would Chunk’s counter culture hero HST think about people who are no talent shallow sell outs trying to get money for nothing? Not much I would say.

17. Minnow says:

I gots 99-cents that says Barry dined on at least FOUR Swansons yesterday, alone.

He might have topped that off with a can or two of Reddi-Whip, sprayed directly into his fat face between hysterical tweets about Orange Man Bad and Billions Will Die. In fact, I’m pretty sure that’s what happened.

Best TV themesong ever. The missus knows the words, too.

Wagons here, wagons there;
    There are wagons everywhere,

On the land, on the sea,
    And they’re all in front of me.

Wagons here, wagons there;
    You can see them on the air;

And that’s why it’s called “The Theme to Wagon Train.”

Suddenly, I want to go back in time and play another computer game of “Oregon Trail” with my youngsters. We got good and hongry on the trail, and started killing and eating everything in sight. The dysentery was an ongoing threat, along with the other things, too un-PC to mention. Good times!

Oregon Trail is/was an excellent video game.

“Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego” was another good ‘un. The tads liked it, and I played it after they went to bed.

[Little Joe] I’ve got a flair for women everywhere, Bonanza!
        [Hoss] BONANZA! ¡AI-AI-AI!
        [All] I’m gonna call on any gal at all, she’s gonna welcome me.

[Ben] I’m not afraid of any pretty maid, Bonanza!
        BONANZA!
        When I give a kiss to any pretty miss,
        She’ll learn a lot from me!

[All] One for four, four for one
        This we guarantee!

We got a right to pick a little fight – Bonanza!
        BONANZA!
        If anyone fights any one of us,
        He’s gotta fight with me!

BTW, the best comment on that Utoobage link was posted by someone named 75yellowraven:

“144-441 what does that mean?”

Just watched this movie, “Galveston.” I loved it, which means you might not. Reminded me of a gritty ’70’s movie, without a ton of pretension, but a lot of human troubles and bravery. Plus, Elle Fanning is in it, and she’s a powerful, beautiful actress. Still pondering the ending.

This great song by Alex Chilton played over the credits:

Saline-injected scrotal sacks. Abusive master-slave relationship. Chunky and Gus?

Is Fatass really this stupid?

Yes. Yes, he is. 😆

Proud deplorables won the election in 2016. Fatso has been on meds since then. 😆

I tend to think Chunky’s drug problem predates his Sudden Conversion, back in ’09. He was a musician in the world of drugs and fantasy, however marginally. He was exposed to the bad poisons, and he obviously has no clear mental or moral lights with which to steer. A puff of wind, and he’s off to the next obvious signpost, after a brief dizzy spin. I would bet dollars to donuts he’s hooked on something. The brief detour into bicycle-fitness would support this theory in my mind. I know about endorphins. I love them. 🙂

He’s got a mild case of Asberger’s IMO. Focuses on tedious minutia for long periods of time before he switches his attention to something else and goes all in again. Eventually he’s distracted by something else and temporarily forgets about his previous obsessions.

22. dezzez says:

Dear Guardian:
    I have some advice on writing and stuff.
    Example, your story needed more stuff I like, like cause Hillary is all superdy duper.
    See what I did there, its called elite writing skills, I put in catchy stuffs all the time.
    Stuff like, Trump is dumb, or evil bad crazy orange dude or Go somewhere and f**k youself.
    And every paragraph should have the phrase climate change cause its scary crazy bad stuff.
    Follow my twitter feed for more stuffs on how to be an uber elite wordsman like me.
    And don’t forget to fill my many many begging bowls with free money so I can continue to fight the super bad crazy evil mean nazi Trumpers.
    Urs truly.
    Jazzy.

Football is a cruel mental torture.

Yeah. Ohio is kicking Michigan’s butt. 😆

Totally.

• Abu bin Shovel says:

Had to turn that game off. How’s Harbaugh’s standing? Giving up 62 is excessive even in the holiday season.

Who’s ready for sneaux?

It rained mostly here today in NE Ohio. Got my hair & toes done while hubby watched the Ohio/Michigan game at his Mom’s & then we celebrated with food & drink!

We had a very nice visit with my youngest bro and his wife, who were both MSU grads and brought up a too-smart kid who matriculated at UM…and then was sent to grad school at OSU by his employer, General Electric. He’s a rocket scientist, btw. Yes, they really exist. No, he didn’t start supporting the Buckeyes.

Somehow his parents re-invented themselves as Wolverines, and they took this loss kind of hard. Now, my brother is watching his Spartans shit the bed against 1-10 Rutgers, and this after he was fitted for a pacemaker only two months ago. Life is a bitch, and then you die. 😆

Woody Hayes is smiling. Pass the oaken bucket, please.

• OLT's Ring Given Freely says:

I was a rocket scientist, once.

The movie ‘Bridesmaids’ is on. Going to watch as it’s very funny. 😆

25. dezzez says:

I doubt Chuck and Gus are the same person, but they are 2 of the dumbest assholes on Earth.

And she became an alien cigar humidor. Yes, yes, we’ve all heard this story before. She came home with alien spunk all over her blue party dress. Which she didn’t notice for months.

Just like you, Gus, never noticing the dried semen all over your clothes that you continue to wear as if there’s no bio-luminescent technology anywhere in the world, aside from the occasional crime-scene being checked by CSI. Long story short, the long sleeves of your filthy flannel shirts look like glowing beacons of guilt. How much would it cost to launder them occasionally? I’ll send you the money!

They released that collection of Motown a cappella vocals a few years back, that really put the spotlight back on the singers of that incredible collection of artists that ruled the pop music world for a time. The writers were great, the musicians were great, the production was cutting-edge, and the stage shows were very tight, for their time, though very dated by today’s standards. The singers were all so good, their better performances are still unmatched to this day.

Who has sung better than this young beauty? That’s right…nobody. Not Aretha, that’s for damn sure. Not Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston, either.

Gladys sang straight from the heart. Those of us who feel that singing is the purest expression of the human spirit can’t deny her. She had the vocal pyrotechnics of the previously-named female artists, but she didn’t rely on them.

27. dezzez says:

“Hmmm, how can I piss off a large percentage of people and crater my Twitter account like I did my blog?”
    Aha, got it!

Somebody took a few swirlies in the jock locker room after band practice. 😆

Young Comic Book Guy had a rough go in high school. I guess we’re lucky he didn’t have Mr. Mossberg around, to exact his revenge. 😆

He went into seclusion after the locals pounded the S haole a couple of times. That’s when Charles learned C, F & G, diatonic scales and Atari Basic.

That’s kind of out there even for you, Charles Johnson.

Johnson hates an entire industry (managed by “super-rich fuckheads”) that employs thousands of people and generates an enormous amount of wealth?

Tell us about the impoverished people who control the recording industry that you support, Charles.

Pheeeew.

• dezzez says:

Chuck hates everyone, the man is twisted.
        If he is not abusing drugs, it’s about the only thing he isn’t abusing.

• Abu bin Shovel of Ulm says:

Chunky’s three vices: Cheetos, Mountain Dew, and artesianal avocado sammiches.

Sorry Paki’s two teams play for little tomorrow. His Jags at Bills. Tilt of two 3 – 7 teams. His 4 – 6 Eagles host the putrid 3 – 7 Giants. Hope no one gets hurt. At least your teams have savory cheerleaders.
          🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️

Blobfish squatting in squalid bunker has edgy opinion! 🙄

Maybe the guy likes the Atlantic cryptic crossword puzzle or uses it to wipe his ass.

Gus is very judge-y!

But, Gus…you have been ripping on Trump continuously, most stridently during the mid-term election hype. Protecting our borders is his signature agenda item. I think you might be confused about what side you’re on.

Asylum should be denied to everyone taking part in this border dust up.
      35 minutes ago
      Twitter is motivating me to go food shopping because if I have to keep reading some of this stuff I’m going to flip out.
      43 minutes ago
      Today is the day Democrats will be seen as supporting open borders.
      51 minutes ago

An elderly couple, who were both widowed, had been going out with each other for a long time. Urged on by their friends, they decided it was finally time to get married. Before the wedding, they went out to dinner and had a long conversation regarding how their marriage might work. They discussed finances, living arrangements and so on.

Finally, the old gentleman decided it was time to broach the subject of their physical relationship.

‘How do you feel about sex?’ he asked, rather tentatively.

‘I would like it infrequently’ she replied.

The old gentleman sat quietly for a moment, leaned over towards her and whispered – ‘Is that one word or two?’

31. Abu Here Comes the Snow - do do doo do says:

My CBS affiliate just switched to the Jags @ Bills. Onside kick upcoming. Which team gets win # 4?

Buffalo.

At least your Eagles won, Paki. My Bears travel to NJ next week to decide if Eli should retire.

32. dezzez says:

Chuck 101.
    Ignore any and every fact that does not fit the narrative.

These people are storming a boarder to breach it, throwing rocks at US boarder patrol agents and refused asylum in Mexico.
    But ignore all that, right fatty?

• OLT's Ring Given Freely says:

Hey, Stalker Charles … go destroy a fence and enter Mexico.

LMK how that works out.

The majority are not women and children, Charles. Gimme a holler and I’ll drive you down there myself so you don’t have to post cut-and-paste stories. You can journalism first hand.

I might have to beef up the suspension a tad, so give me a heads up first.

Return trip is gonna cost you. Cash only.

Not their fault! One of the kids was playing down by the arroyo, and mistook the barbed wire for a McDonald’s Playland. You know how kids are. Mom was corralling her mischievous-but-adorable child when Trump started lobbing tear-gas grenades at them. Ivanka was calling in the coordinates, wearing a very chic military-style outfit of her own design. Melania was wearing her “I Don’t Care About Kids”-jacket.

The only ones driven back with tear gas will be destitute women and young children because they’re the ones throwing rocks and bottles and setting fire to shit. Just watch.

Obama’s Administration did the same, Charles. We teargas rioters.

Not just at the Mexican border. Nazis rounding up innocents everywhere!

😆

The incompetent one is Fatso led by the idiots at Media Matters and other left wing media morons.

• dezzez says:

Chuck really did think he was gonna make a fortune by switching to the frothing at the mouth liberals.
        Watching him try to get the attention and love of some of the high level liberal con-artists is both pathetic and amusing.

YES BUT

Fox News is not right wing. Not even close.

Lately, Chunky’s been ragging on CNN for being too nice to Trump. CNN!!1! 😆

• OLT's Ring Given Freely says:

99% negative is not enough.

Orange Man Bad.

That is all.

• OLT's Ring Given Freely says:

Lastly, “stunningly incompetent” now appears to be Newspeak for “actually gets things done that he said publicly that he would do”.

Amazing, that.

Under the usual definition, Obama was “stunningly incompetent” except for downgrading the USA to his foreign buddies.

It’s so much fun when Gus goes all Angry Uncle on Twitter, and starts tearing into the same people he’s been kissing up to all decade. 😆

Oh well. There goes Sunday night on Twitter. It’s going to be commie central on here for hours now. Good luck in 2020.
    1 hour ago
    Mexico needs to pay for what they allowed to happen at the border today.
    1 hour ago
    Democratic Party politicians better think long and hard about what happened at the border today beyond trying to ap… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
    1 hour ago
    Oh wait. Now tear gas is “chemical weapons.”
    1 hour ago
    Got it? Not on your side.
    2 hours ago
    Sorry. I’m not on your side with what happened at the border.
    2 hours ago
    “Mexico allowing these migrants to rush our borders is a direct assault on America’s security and sovereignty as a nation.”
    2 hours ago
    US-Mexico Border Clash Trump: 1 Democrats: 0
    2 hours ago
    People get rattled exponentially on Twitter with younger age groups.
    2 hours ago
    RT @WASBAPPIN: Staff writer at Gizmodo encapsulates Leftist foreign policy. twitter.com/thetomzone/sta…
    2 hours ago

36. ISTE says:

Five shots fired. No screaming.

Live is good.

37. dezzez says:

Anyone from the boiler room crew have any nasty quotes from Chuck on Oliver Willis?

Managed to finish Schlichter’s book, “Militant Normals,” last night. His “Normals vs. Elites” paradigm is a very compelling characterization of the political split in America. Book got a bit repetitive at times, but there are some great insights and humor in there.

Loopy’s really out to make a name for herself, exploiting every hot-button issue in order to portray herself as the Next Unicorn Messiah. It’s good to know she’s a card-carrying member of the Elites, despite (because of?) her radical Leftist agenda.

Excerpt:

That’s because just about everything that comes out of the young congresswoman-elect’s mouth is either patently untrue, ridiculously unworkable, unintentionally hilarious, or ripped straight from the pages of Das Kapital (in which case it’s all of the above).

This 29-year-old architect’s daughter and Boston University cum laude grad – who has managed to make a political career out of portraying herself as some sort of working-class hero – may not “know anything about economics,” as Fox News host Jesse Watters noted this summer, but she does know how to turn reality upside down with literally every attempt at policy discussion that crosses her lips.

I’d say she’s off to a great start on the unicorn thing. I sure hope she’s on the ticket in 2020. 😆

The Left is hysterically hypocritical. 😆

There is a reason for the Border Patrol, and they have a job to do. If they need assistance, there’s the State National Guard. If the SNG needs assistance, there’s the National Guard. If the NG needs assistance (etc., etc., etc.)

This is that “huge climate report” Chunky was shitting everybody about reading last week. EVERY conclusion is false, say the experts. 😪🤪😎🤡👽

The Streak lives!!!1!

I think I saw that photo on every media platform yesterday, including racisss Fox. 👌

The parents need to be shot (metaphorically) for dragging their kids like that.

Agreed. Probably staged, but still horrendous parenting.

Also our Left cheering on the invasion of our country. Do they really want socialism/communism??

My daughter-in-law is Cambodian. She escaped Communist Cambodia under Pol Pot into Thailand in 1979 as a child, after Communist Vietnam invaded Cambodia in 1978.

Be careful what you wish for, Democrats.

• KGB says:

Righty, I’ve been to the Killing Fields and the Tuol Sleng prison in Phnom Penh. I find it very difficult to put into words the emotions they stir in your soul. A dark, black mist begins to smother the human spark inside you just standing on the same ground. And all that horror a result of leftists who knew that everything would be better if only they could control every last aspect of life. There’s only a razor thin gap between the intentions of Pol Pot and those of the modern American left.

KGB…It took me a long time to even watch the movie ‘The Killing Fields’. My DIL’s father was killed and the stories she tells are horrific. My Father lost all of his friends who lived in Phnom Penh – likely because they were religious, well-educated and spoke multiple languages. The Khmer Rouge were ruthless, Communist savages (backed by China) hell-bent on creating an agrarian ‘utopia’. Hubby & I now go back to Thailand once a year and I’ve avoided going to Cambodia. Not sure I could handle it. 😦

42. dezzez says:

Yeah Chuck, we know, you have super secret ways of gathering info from an email.
    I am sure the CIA will be knocking on your door with buckets full of cash to buy your intel gathering secrets.

Even annoying clients can help pay bills. Assholes on Twitter? Not so much.

44. dezzez says:

Funny how when Chuck does it, he wails about not having an edit button.
    And we all know Chuck will be trying to scam any Border jumper for every dime they have.

China. 😆

I know, it’s scary because someday they’ll probably run the world. I’ll be gone by then, so I can laugh at them with impunity. I mean, what are they going to d

46. Chunk is stuck on the couch and can't get up! says:

Here’s one Tyler from the original ZH team I guess.

Trump has lambasted Mueller. Everyone in the crooked media will pretend he’s in some insane rage but make no mistake. They have to be getting nervous. Our POTUS doesn’t say these things without deep inside knowledge from saavy lawyers and other DC insiders. He holds the “trump” cards by being able to declassify and lay out all the books/documents. Mueller needs to decide whether he wants to retire with fake dignity (recommended) or be investigated for the rest of his pathetic retired life.

47. Chunk is stuck on the couch and can't get up! says:

Just when I’m supremely pissed off at humanity they turn around and do some thing like this.

AND TOTALLY REDEEM THEMSELVES!!!

That’s amazing. I hate it that NASA has disgraced themselves with the climate boondoggle. Stick to the rocket thing!

48. Chunk is stuck on the couch and can't get up! says:

The lying scumbag cock hound serial abortion user upgraded her rental property for free.

Judge Kavanaugh and his family couldn’t use any of the money donated to him because of ethics rules.

49. Chunk is stuck on the couch and can't get up! says:

So yeah, after vowing to regulate the FANGs, Pelosi loads up on FANG 2020 options. Her communist rivals (except for Bernie) will be too dumb to understand the outrageous insider market manipulation. But no one will listen to Bernie because he’s just an old messed up hair fart.

Fatso is trying to rewrite his ‘throbbing memo’ blog success from years ago. Awesome! 😆

The thread is mind-boggling!

• dezzez says:

Chuck is feverishly scouring his blog as I type to make sure he has erased anything he wrote that said Rather did know.

Here’s the link if anyone wants to toss it into the mix. I’m permabanned.

• Chunk is stuck on the couch and can't get up! says:

What a complete joke. Who knows what this loser truly believes. All he knows is he can’t make internet money off the right anymore. So he has to kiss ass to the left including defending Dan Rather whom he’d already long ago condemned as a crooked biased lying newsman. At one point it was fun to point out Chunk’s hypocrisy. But now that it’s clear he’s flipped on virtually EVERYTHING it’s just become too comical. No one on either side takes him seriously in the least except for a few cat ladies and weirods.

Yeah. Well. It messes with your head and the booze doesn’t help. Just stop!!

“I smoke week.” Yes, and I love lamp. 😆

Patting himself on the back for taking days off, when the only reason he wasn’t smoking was because he couldn’t afford to buy any, and all the ditchweed is frosted over and gone. Really turning into a health nut, our Garage Boy.

It sneauxed last night and it’s sneauxing again tonight 😦

Yesterday it rained and snowed all day, as we were right on the line of freezing weather. Pretty dry today, but freezing cold. I know our big snow days are coming — I can feel it!
      #AlGoreEffect

• Chunk is stuck on the couch and can't get up! says:

We got about 3 inches yesterday. Very surprising since the snow and the low temps weren’t forecast. I worked from home and had a fire going all day.

Remember that time Ginger Johnson took a pic of himself outside Chunky’s bunker, and Chunky went all Code Red and threatened to call the FBI? That was awesome. 😆

Snopes called out Jim Hoft / Gateway Pundit for pointing out that the “Migrant Mom” who was supposedly fleeing tear gas was surrounded by other groups of photojournalists creating their own stories.

This is pretty cool. WWII photos compared with what the sites look like 100 years later.

56. dezzez says:

Self awareness fail set to maximum.

57. dezzez says:

I bet I know what he is pissing and moaning about and I doubt he wants to repost it.

Says the morbidly-obese begger who “Never, ever reads DoD.”

MUHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!1!

Knowing how paranoid and obsessive Fatass is, it’s a safe bet he checks in here twice a day, and thrice on Sunday.

Intriguing story. See the “Climate Action” sign in there? Was he pretending to be a polar bear displaced by Teh Warmening, even though polar bear numbers are at record highs since we started trying to count them?

I admire his creativity, and I hope a few insane Black Friday campers shit their sleeping bags. 😆

This is a classic manifesto of our crazy times. I had to repost the whole deal, in case anyone is stuck behind their silly paywall. There were too many precious pull-quotes for me to decide upon.

————————————————————————–
    Opinion

My New Vagina Won’t Make Me Happy
    And it shouldn’t have to.

By Andrea Long Chu
    Ms. Chu is an essayist and critic.

Nov. 24, 2018

Andrea Long Chu at her home in Brooklyn.
    Credit
    Kholood Eid for The New York Times

Next Thursday, I will get a vagina. The procedure will last around six hours, and I will be in recovery for at least three months. Until the day I die, my body will regard the vagina as a wound; as a result, it will require regular, painful attention to maintain. This is what I want, but there is no guarantee it will make me happier. In fact, I don’t expect it to. That shouldn’t disqualify me from getting it.

I like to say that being trans is the second-worst thing that ever happened to me. (The worst was being born a boy.) Dysphoria is notoriously difficult to describe to those who haven’t experienced it, like a flavor. Its official definition — the distress some transgender people feel at the incongruence between the gender they express and the gender they’ve been socially assigned — does little justice to the feeling.

But in my experience, at least: Dysphoria feels like being unable to get warm, no matter how many layers you put on. It feels like hunger without appetite. It feels like getting on an airplane to fly home, only to realize mid-flight that this is it: You’re going to spend the rest of your life on an airplane. It feels like grieving. It feels like having nothing to grieve.

Many conservatives call this crazy. A popular right-wing narrative holds that gender dysphoria is a clinical delusion; hence, feeding that delusion with hormones and surgeries constitutes a violation of medical ethics. Just ask the Heritage Foundation fellow Ryan T. Anderson, whose book “When Harry Became Sally” draws heavily on the work of Dr. Paul McHugh, the psychiatrist who shut down the gender identity clinic at Johns Hopkins in 1979 on the grounds that trans-affirmative care meant “cooperating with a mental illness.” Mr. Anderson writes, “We must avoid adding to the pain experienced by people with gender dysphoria, while we present them with alternatives to transitioning.”

In this view, it is not only fair to refuse trans people the care they seek; it is also kind. A therapist with a suicidal client does not draw the bath and supply the razor. Take it from my father, a pediatrician, who once remarked to me that he would no sooner prescribe puberty blockers to a gender dysphoric child than he would give a distemper shot to someone who believed she was a dog.

Naturally, a liberal counternarrative exists, and it has become increasingly mainstream. Transgender people are not deluded, advocates say, but they are suffering; therefore, medical professionals have a duty to ease that suffering. In this view, dysphoria is more akin to a herniated disc — a source of debilitating but treatable pain. “Gender dysphoria can in large part be alleviated through treatment,” states the World Professional Association for Transgender Health in its Standards of Care. Dr. John Steever, an adolescent medicine specialist at the Mount Sinai Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery in New York City, told The Times last month that a gender-affirming approach seeks to “prevent some of the traditional horrible outcomes that transgender or gender-nonconforming youth have ended up with,” including increased rates of depression, suicidal ideation and substance abuse.

A gender-affirmative model will almost certainly lead to more and higher-quality care for transgender patients. But by focusing on minimizing patients’ pain, it leaves the door open for care to be refused when a doctor, or someone playing doctor, deems the risks too high. This was the thrust of a recent Atlantic cover story in which the journalist Jesse Singal used the statistically small number of people who have come to regret their medical transitions to argue that transitioning is “not the answer for everyone.” There was a dog whistle here: Hormones and surgery can and should be withheld from patients who want them when such treatments cannot be reasonably expected to “maximize good outcomes.”

Mr. Singal is Mr. Anderson’s liberal doppelgänger. Both writers engage in what we could call “compassion-mongering,” peddling bigotry in the guise of sympathetic concern. Both posit a medical duty to refrain from increasing trans people’s suffering — what’s called nonmaleficence. Neither has any issue with gatekeeping per se; they differ, modestly, on how the gate is to be kept.

Buried under all of this, like a sober tuber, lies an assumption so sensible you’ll think me silly for digging it up. It’s this: People transition because they think it will make them feel better. The thing is, this is wrong.

I feel demonstrably worse since I started on hormones. One reason is that, absent the levees of the closet, years of repressed longing for the girlhood I never had have flooded my consciousness. I am a marshland of regret. Another reason is that I take estrogen — effectively, delayed-release sadness, a little aquamarine pill that more or less guarantees a good weep within six to eight hours.

Like many of my trans friends, I’ve watched my dysphoria balloon since I began transition. I now feel very strongly about the length of my index fingers — enough that I will sometimes shyly unthread my hand from my girlfriend’s as we walk down the street. When she tells me I’m beautiful, I resent it. I’ve been outside. I know what beautiful looks like. Don’t patronize me.

I was not suicidal before hormones. Now I often am.

I won’t go through with it, probably. Killing is icky. I tell you this not because I’m cruising for sympathy but to prepare you for what I’m telling you now: I still want this, all of it. I want the tears; I want the pain. Transition doesn’t have to make me happy for me to want it. Left to their own devices, people will rarely pursue what makes them feel good in the long term. Desire and happiness are independent agents.

As long as transgender medicine retains the alleviation of pain as its benchmark of success, it will reserve for itself, with a dictator’s benevolence, the right to withhold care from those who want it. Transgender people have been forced, for decades, to rely for care on a medical establishment that regards them with both suspicion and condescension. And yet as things stand today, there is still only one way to obtain hormones and surgery: to pretend that these treatments will make the pain go away.

The medical maxim “First, do no harm” assumes that health care providers possess both the means and the authority to decide what counts as harm. When doctors and patients disagree, the exercise of this prerogative can, itself, be harmful. Nonmaleficence is a principle violated in its very observation. Its true purpose is not to shield patients from injury but to install the medical professional as a little king of someone else’s body.

Let me be clear: I believe that surgeries of all kinds can and do make an enormous difference in the lives of trans people.

But I also believe that surgery’s only prerequisite should be a simple demonstration of want. Beyond this, no amount of pain, anticipated or continuing, justifies its withholding.

Nothing, not even surgery, will grant me the mute simplicity of having always been a woman. I will live with this, or I won’t. That’s fine. The negative passions — grief, self-loathing, shame, regret — are as much a human right as universal health care, or food. There are no good outcomes in transition. There are only people, begging to be taken seriously.

Andrea Long Chu is an essayist and a critic. Her book “Females: A Concern” is forthcoming.

• OLT's Ring Given Freely says:

Not a bad writer at all, except for the cheap use of “dog whistle”, and that’s rare these days that a “liberal” writer can maintain any tone other than frothing rabid dog (which explains all the whistles they detect, I suppose).

And this … this was a jewel: “Take it from my father, a pediatrician, who once remarked to me that he would no sooner prescribe puberty blockers to a gender dysphoric child than he would give a distemper shot to someone who believed she was a dog.”

Bravo, Dad. First, do no harm.

I think there are some serious daddy issues among others.

“Nonmaleficence” – Daddy likes this word! 😆

• OLT's Ring Given Freely says:

“Nonmaleficence is a principle violated in its very observation. Its true purpose is not to shield patients from injury but to install the medical professional as a little king of someone else’s body.”

Yeah, that’s beyond your ability to pronounce. Way beyond. Trip to Mars is next door beyond. Call me in 50 years beyond.

NB: I didn’t say our essayist was right, I said our essayist was a decent, even-toned writer. Could possibly use some work as a “critic”. I personally shudder at professional critics who lack the very skills they deem to judge. In this case, the writer is judging the world and the amorphous “medical profession” at what appears to be the ripe old age of the late ’20’s, which, for most people, is still an era of concentration on the genitals in one way or another (hence, I suppose the writer fits right in). Dear heart, whoever you are, the principle is not violated in its observation, as we AS A SOCIETY have failed to subject you to exorcism (that’s a guess), bodily mutilation (that’s apparently scheduled, though), leeching, and a thousand other “medical” practices once common to the mostly hairless ape species that currently seems to hold the planet’s actual climate in its opposable-thumbed hands precisely BECAUSE of that principle.

What’s it going to be like for her/him if she/he wants her/his penis back? I can’t imagine destroying genitalia like this.

They say the addadicktomy procedure for guys who had a fake vagina cut into them is extremely unsatisfactory. In fact, that cuts both ways — gals who want to regain their womanhood are unhappy with their second vaginas. Just leave it alone! Oh, wait…you’re crazy-delusional, and won’t be dissuaded — come on in and let our fine South American surgeon do what he does best.

59. OLT's Ring Given Freely says:

Dan Rather and his producers knew they had bad “memos”.

The person they got the memos from was a known crank with an axe that he had been grinding for YEARS.

They phone interviewed literally everyone they could find in the unit’s records.

My father was in that unit; my father served over four decades in that unit. My father debriefed George W. Bush on multiple occasions. My father got a call. He told them the memos were not anything that would EVER have been done by that commander. He explained how the world worked. The producer was obviously pushing for a slant. Dad finally reamed him out in MSgt fashion. Never piss on Dad’s leg and try to tell him it’s raining.

I conclusion, Rather was batshit-rabid in the throes of BDS, and his own confirmation bias bit him in the ass. His many years of “journalism” did not save him from this fundamental error. He ignored evidence that didn’t fit his conclusion and ran with a pack of lies and innuendo, assisted by many other “journalists” who were just at the forefront of what their profession has become today: childish, irritable, fact-free, and dishonest.

No one should ever listen to him again, unless he is requesting a clean bedpan or more Jell-O.

60. Chunk is stuck on the couch and can't get up! says:

Nothing new. Chunk’s Antifa peeps violently assaulted Marine reservists and stole from them. Like Chunk himself who idiotically bemoans violence from the right which doesn’t exit, Antifa are an ironic joke, clearly fascists who hatefully call themselves anti-fascists. What they really mean is anyone who disagrees with their mindless radical left double-think in public is fair game for their violent attacks and abuse. Chunk is perfectly fine with their violent tactics but being a coward himself would never partake, fearful of being the fat guy splatted on the sidewalk. Yet he applauds them while pretending Trump followers in chino’s and button downs are violent thugs instead of victims of the radical hate-filled left.

61. ISTE says:

BREAKING NEWS!

The link is on Drudge….

A CHRISTIAN missionary who was shot dead with bows and arrows on a remote Indian island may have survived the attack, his friends and family believe.

American John Allen Chau, 26, was reportedly killed by the protected Sentinelese tribe during his quest to convert North Sentinel islanders to Christianity.

Fishermen who took Chau to the island say they saw tribespeople, who are isolated from the outside world, dragging and burying his body on the morning of November 17.

But close friend John Middleton Ramsey told The Sun Online he believes there’s a chance his friend may have survived the attack – and doesn’t believe authorities should rule it out.

He points to only one source being cited in the reports claiming the fishermen saw the adventurer being bombarded by arrows and then dragged across the beach by tribesmen.

“And there weren’t a whole lot of eyewitnesses and so since his body hasn’t been found we shouldn’t rule it out – even if it is a small chance.”

Authorities have been trying to recover Chau’s body – and believe they know where it has been buried – but their attempts have been thwarted by the armed tribesmen.

The Sentinelese have been known to attack anyone who goes to the island, seeing them as a threat.

But John says that if Chau is indeed dead, his friend wouldn’t want anyone to risk their life to bring his body home – and would be happy to be buried on the island.

“Knowing John, I don’t think it would be that important for him to be buried back at home,” he said.

Possum, that sometimes hangs out at Blogmocracy, discovered supporting evidence that John Allen Chau may still be alive. Our little furry friend can confirm the missing missionary used his cell phone aproximatly 12 hours after he was presumed killed.

Cell phone records obtained exclusivly by me and confirmed as authentic by ISTE indicate that about 12 hours after John Allen Chau was reportedly killed he used his phone to order 25 pounds of onions, 25 pounds of carrots, 15 pounds of mushrooms, 50 pounds of potatoes and 27 packets of McCormick “Slow Cookers” Savory Pot Roast (1.3 oz Packets) using his Amazon Prime account.

To be delivered Next Day Air to Head Chef, North Sentinal Island, Bay of Bengal

You have to start somewhere. 😆