For Calo

sympathy_candle

27 Comments on “For Calo”

Calo, as a Mother, I can’t begin to express my horror at what you must be going through. Words fail. May God give you strength. Love….RM.

• calo says:

It was a brutal diagnosis from the doctor, said with no sympathy, no compassion.

I just ask that those in healthcare remember, we are parents, we prayed for our child. Please, be gentle with your final diagnosis.

• ISTE says:

Your child in a few short weeks (too few) left a lasting impression on me that I will hold dear for the rest of my life.

I thought I new everything. He taught me more.

2. windbag says:

I am truly sorry for you. Praying for you.

I don’t have anything great to say. What can you say?

My Dad was big on praying, which I am not. Once I asked him why he thought that praying was necessary since everything that happens is God’s Will and destined to be. He said you don’t pray for specific things to happen, but for the strength and grace to handle what happens. Because life is sacred and you need to keep trying, no matter how bad it gets.

Well, that made sense even to me. I believe in that idea. Whether I’d be able to live up to it if I lost a child, I don’t know.

4. Stonemason says:

I mostly lurk, but Y’all are part of my daily life. Following the little side stories makes this more than what it is supposed to be. I mumble prayers every once in a while, this was one of those times.

5. ISTE says:

I have never known anyone before like Calo.

Thank you all for supporting her Internet persona.

If you knew her in real life she is one thousand percent more.

Actually, some of you have met her in real life.

You understand.

Going to be a difficult time for a while. But I will get my shit together, I promise.

As soon as I find where all my shit is scattered and find a RubberMaid container big enough.

Live has changed.

6. Minnow-redux says:

Calo, I realize we don’t “know” each other beyond this site and a handful of chats way back when on Twitter.

But, I did feel a connection with you that was not “every day”. And for that, I have always liked you. You have always been kind to me. You have always been kind to others.

As I suppose everyone knows (because I am somewhat of a blabber mouth), I have two sons who I raised alone. My bonds with them mean everything to me.

So, when I see a parent (or parents) go through what has just happened to you and your family, I take it very seriously and I cannot imagine what this could be like.

I have been in a deep, deep funk for you for the past couple days and while I know it doesn’t change much, or lessen your grief, I would like you to know that there are quite a few people affected by this and who hope the very best for you.

You are our friend and we hope you are hanging in there.

7. Minnow-redux says:

8. Minnow-redux says:

9. Minnow-redux says:

10. kbdabear says:

My deepest sympathies to you and your family Calo

All I can do is offer my condolences and I am truly sorry for your loss.

12. Calo,

I cannot offer much more than a heartfelt condolence. You and all your family are in my prayers. The Father’s love and peace to you all.

Emanuel David

13. Mojambo says:

I am so sorry to have heard about this. May you find comfort and strength during the next year.

Again with the cultural appropriation. Don’t goysplain about Hanukkah and Trump. Leave the Jews alone, Charles. Go look in the mirror and say “I am an independent journalist” over and over again…

15. swamprat says:

No words are adequate. Prayers out to all,