Here’s to Iron Fist!

Update: “Iron Fist” passed away at 11:45PM on 11 August 2016 at home, surrounded by friends and family. What a way to go.

IRON FIST 2

When you met him, the word “intellectual” was probably the furthest from your mind. It would have been easy to be blinded by the prejudices that we all have.  And in Iron Fist, it was “Biker Dude Meets William F. Buckley, Jr.”

My first “image” of Iron Fist was from the back. A photograph of a looming presence in a leather vest with a huge patch that read “LGF Minion.” I remember the much vaunted Oakland meet up (on TAX day of all things) in Oakland in 2005. Word of our right-wing invasion had spread and his photo was causing liberals to suffer panic attacks and they announced we were all descending on the East Bay wearing our “colors.”

IRON FIST 2005

Meeting him in real life, though, was an experience. Entering the venue, I received a big, big bear hug and “CAROLINA!” Funny how we all called each other by the names we knew best — the blog version of the secret handshake. Sure, in many cases our real names were known. But Fist’s lady will always be “Skippy” to me, just as my better half is still Flyboy to them. Trite as it sounds, these were, and are, genuine friendships. We were more to each other than a responding comment on the internet.  We were friends.  Real friends.  It had nothing to do with geography.  It had to do with heart.

Later, when I read some of his masterful posts and threads, it was often hard for me to reconcile the relaxed, casual, image I had of Fist with the words on the page.  Like William F. Buckley meets Sturgis, South Dakota.  He could write so well on so many subjects and always held my interest.  But at the same time you could see yourself having THAT conversation with him – me with the wine, he with a beer.

He made a couple of trips to the West Coast to visit and finally retrieve the love of his life, Skippy, and we made sure to have a party in his honor whenever he was here.  And they were wonderful, wonderful times.  I never wanted them to end.  And they often lasted far into the evening.

There is no question that he loved his wife, his animals, his bike, his martial arts. But where he completely wore his heart on his sleeve was his love of his country and his love of freedom.   I often think he would have defended this country against all enemies, foreign and (especially) domestic, all by himself.  And probably won.

Humble words from me cannot adequately express my admiration and love for this man.  I leave it to the world’s greatest wordsmith, from one to another:

He was a man, take him for all in all,
I shall not look upon his like again.

William Shakespeare, Hamlet

–Carolina Girl, aka Arachne, 9 August 2016

More Tributes to Iron Fist with comments may be found at the following websites:

Rest In Peace, Iron Fist.

Prayer Request: Long Time Commenter Iron Fist Is Losing His Fight With Cancer…

Tribute: To Iron Fist!

Here’s To Iron Fist!

Unforgettable

208 Comments on “Here’s to Iron Fist!”

1. Briareus says:

Many thanks to Carolina Girl for writing this up, and kudos to EagleSoars who sent links to the top photo.

And to Iron Fist – your posts always amazed me. Rock on.

That’s a beautiful tribute. Again, I am struck by the genuineness of feeling this man expressed and inspired. A real person…imagine that.

He will be greatly missed.

3. swamprat says:

He finally met a worthy opponent.

I’ve let Pam Geller know what’s going on.

IronFist is loved by so many. Dear Lord, please watch over him. Amen.

6. Hi everyone.

Beautiful, beautiful commentary on a guy I never met, but have chatted with almost every day for 10 years.

I love you, Fist.

7. Macker says:

I truly regret that I never met him in person…I will definitely miss him!

Huck Funn posted this on Zip’s site:

9. B A DICK 4 jeesus says:

This was great. Thank you for posting it.

I haven’t seen one scintilla of evidence showing these appalling medical records are fake. Surely Dear Fatass isn’t making wild unsubstantiated claims here! Like he does every time? 😆

Another abrupt denouement, out in the garage:

OK
    7 hours ago
    Good shit.
    7 hours ago
    Backs away.
    7 hours ago
    World’s Greatest T

Jive, I saw where you mentioned these episodes occur very quickly, at the end of Garage Boy’s last moments of consciousness. I wonder if he’s using another type of drug to knock himself out, besides the daily Sterno-and-ditchweed regimen. Whatever it is, it’s good shit. 😆

12. Doppel milyo says:

The Iron fist rule is still as good as ever

If you think you are too drunk to comment, you probably are

Peace.

14. Be a dick for Jeezuz says:

Wow. Looks like DNC + Clintons = lethal. It’s become a familiar pattern. So sorry for that young guy.

• ISpeakJive says:

THAT was amazing.
      That’s pretty much as good as admitting it, isn’t it. WOW.
      Assange was sure Hillary would end up indicted over the emails they released in June, and that didn’t happen. It’s like, what is it gonna take to bring the beotch down??

I wonder if he’s that big of a dick to start innuendo on this even if he doesn’t know for sure. Dead leakers can’t talk. Very sneaky to pin it on him if he didn’t really do it, just to start shit. But somebody did the leak. I find it improbable that Assange does not know who the leaker was.

Does the FBI even care at this point?

15. Be a dick for Jeezuz says:

LOL! Read the comments. He apparently has 3 homes, the latest a luxury chalet probably paid for by the DNC (to go away) and drives an Audi R8 (roughly $160,000). Leftists are such laughable chumps.

I saw that & laughed. So typical of a socialist.

Also, so typical of a paid-off political hack.

• There are two types of Commies: the true believers who buy the bullshit, yet live in poverty and misery; and the true deceivers who sell the bullshit, and live in opulence and luxury.
        Modern, USA Dems and their idiotard voters.

A republic, if we can keep it.

Sanders was a loser/freeloader most of his life. Then he ran for office and lo & behold! The dude has money now. Imagine that! Harry Reid & the Clintons taught him well.

• ISpeakJive says:

BERNIE SANDERS DRIVES AN R8????? OMG. I don’t know if I should hate him for it, or love him for it.

The old commie finally sold out!

16. Be a dick for Jeezuz says:

As usual, Chunky’s boy who pretends to be a journalist tries to subvert yet another American election this time by urging all media to have a bias for the Demoncrap. You would think the idiot would realize that his unveiled support of the Demoncrap candidate in this election would help prove CBS’s conclusion that he and Mapes colluded to lie in the ’08 election reporting. Something he denies. But I guess he’s not that bright.

17. Speranza says:

A good man and a good citizen and the world will be a poorer place without him. I enjoyed talking history with him. He told me once he wanted to one day teach history and maybe in Heaven he will do so.

18. Speranza says:

A good man and a good citizen. He never got to teach History (as he told me he would like to do) but in Heaven I am sure there is an opening there for him. The world is a poorer place.

19. Daedalus says:

This is very sad for me. I conversed with Iron Fist by phone and chatted with him via emails. He was one of the few who understood the Islamic threat. He is a good man and will be with Jesus.

20. Be a dick for Jeezuz says:

If it weren’t tragic it would be comical. Black Lives Matter except when blacks get together even to decry violence against them they sadly usually commit violence against each other. You know the driver was black because if she were white it would be international hate crime news.

Brown’s father, also named Michael Brown, said in a brief speech during the memorial service that the anniversary was a sad day for him and his family, and for the world, too.

“My son built families up, opened the eyes of the world and let them know this ain’t right,” he said. “This color is not a disease. This color is beautiful. Black is beautiful.”

The 2014 shooting also led to a Justice Department investigation that found patterns of racial bias in Ferguson’s police and municipal court system. The federal agency and the city agreed this year to make sweeping changes.

This month, more than 60 organizations affiliated with the Black Lives Matter movement released a list of six demands and 40 recommendations for how to achieve policing and criminal justice reforms.

Brandy Shields, 19, went to school with Brown and remembered him as a kid who “never got into trouble.” Shields comforted a little girl who was crying at the service.

“It’ll get better,” Shields told the child. “We have to make it better, but it’ll get better.”

What a bunch of lies. This thug who assaulted and robbed a clerk and then tried to take a cop’s gun didn’t build shit. There’s not even a single picture of him among many online where he even has a smile on his face.

21. Be a dick for Jeezuz says:

This is very revealing because POC (people of color) are basically saying they have to watch their racist talk when they’re around whites. So they prefer not to room with them so they can wallow in their false victimhood and bash freely and openly. Not really a surprise given the idiotic paranoia of BLM and SJW losers.

Claremont students refuse to live with whites

I had two black roommates in college, and we got along great, even though we had different circles of friends. At the same time I was working in a GM factory, and about a third of the workers were black, among whom I had several good friends over time. I thought the racial ugliness was on the road to being behind this country, but I didn’t count on the Race Hustlers maintaining their grip on the ignorant, with the complicity of the libturds pushing the politics of victimhood. How naive I was. How sad I am about this, now.

My high-school summer factory job was an eye opener. A lot of the white guys were ignorant a-holes, so I hung out with the black guys – they were more fun. I was their token “blood.”
        “C’mon, Blood! We’re gonna go smoke lunch!”

Here’s something racist that might be useful to you someday, or just amusing today:

Good to know. 🙂

23. mrpaulrevere says:

I’m very sorry to hear of this. Another patriot gone…

24. Be a dick for Jeezuz says:

Even CNN’s resident knuckledragger Cuomo feels the clue bat on this one.

I’m sure Trump will make adds with this but most the GOP appear to not give a crap. They’re more interested in torpedoing Trump’s chances. Oh well…

It’s not that surprising, given that Trump was the hated outsider from the start, and got more hated the more he trounced the elitist hacks the GOP put forth as candidates. It was a hostile takeover, and there was plenty of ineffectual pushback. That they still want him to lose, and lose badly, makes perfect sense from their pussified pov. Then they can say to their constituents, “See, we told you this guy was a loser? Maybe you should listen to us next time.”

I can’t wait to vote for Trump. I hope there are plenty of other people disgusted with the status quo who feel likewise.

This reminds me of something. Well, a lot of things, but something in particular. Something that went kerblooey, and now just stinks up the joint. What could it be?

I hope this comes through. As if I need to explain why I LOVE Gary Sinise.

He’s a great man. Completely detached from the Hollywood Commie Apparatchiks, and in direct opposition to those idjits.

😥

That was a really stupid thing for Hillary to say. Sinise nailed her sick ass.

• And yet, the Choir will sing hallelujahs and psalms to her and the defective creed she pretends to embrace and represent. They are not just evil; they are stupid.

27. Abu bin Squid says:

I don’t have any one-on-one stories about Iron Fist but I enjoyed his posts and really enjoyed how he and rightymouse did their {{ }} virtual hugs here before he stopped posting on a regular basis. He was a man who loved liberty and those who spoke out to ensure and protect our God given rights.

Iron Fist rests in peace at the right hand of God.

He made me feel so welcome when I first posted here. Felt like I was back among friends. 🙂 IronFist is a strong man and I know he has fought the good fight. I pray for him, his wife and family. I never met him, but there are just some folks who have old souls & are easy to connect with. IronFist is one of them. The outpouring of love for him is a testament to who he is and his mark on this earth.

28. Macker says:

ATTENTION ALL IRON FIST FANS! If you have any photos of yourself with Iron Fist, please send them to me with your handle. I want to make a tribute video for his family, to show them how much he means to us!
    Please send them to macker@mackers-world.com. Thanks!

If there’s any update on him, please feel free to share. Thanks.

• calo says:

From Eaglesoars formerly known as WhabbiCooridor (er, or something like that)

I’m at the house with Iron Fist, wife and Tory, the hospice nurse. He’s resting but is in and out, a bit agitated. He knows SOMEONE is here, but I’m not sure he knows it’s me. It’s been busy in the house but it’s slowing down for awhile and everybody’s taking a deep breath.

more later

Thanks. Tears.

• calo says:

One more update from Eagles

Well, his martial arts ‘posse’ just left. He was awarded the next level, the belt is red and white. They performed a Chinese ceremony ,reiki. I wouldn’t call it a prayer ceremony, so much as a ‘giving’ ritual, passing energy from their energies to him. He DEFINITELY knew. You could see the awareness come into his eyes and his body relax. They stayed with him for about half an hour, just holding him. He’s quiet now.

No pain, kay? My FIL was given morphine at the end. Please.

That’s what the hospice people are there for. Keep him comfortable during his transition.

Hospice people do God’s work. It’s too much for many family members to deal with all the things going on in the rough final days, and they know how to keep the dying person as comfortable as possible. Both times I’ve been there at the end, the person had a definite moment of peace and acceptance, and recognition of their surroundings, before passing shortly afterwards. Sad as it is, dying is a very natural and common part of life. We tend to fear it a bit too much, which is probably our survival instinct, combined with fear of the unknown. That fear goes away for the person, towards the end.

Am missing Fred Thompson tonight. Maybe it’s because he’d be kicking RINO ass all over the place in his support of Trump.

Nice little truth-bomb there, Dorian. They’re actually proud of having zero journalistic integrity. Why not, when it’s in their blood and bones so deep?

• doriangrey1 says:

Yes, they have thrown off any pretense of honestly or objectivity and proudly boast of their bias.

And none of the other “journalists” are even shocked or disgusted by it. In fact, 90% of media outlets take their cues from the Slimes, on a daily basis.

You really want to ask what was wrong with the GOP candidates in 2008 and 2012 when the blatantly failed to report accurately on Obama.

They were busy turning two very decent, genial men into evil caricatures, while imagining the Empty Suit as the Unicorn Messiah. It was a very complete job of propagandizing they turned in, in both election years. No holds were barred. But, they’re outdoing themselves this year, with the hatchet-job they’re doing on truth while misreporting every Trump utterance and ignoring the ongoing flood of scandal the brain-damaged old crone is dog-paddling through, barking and convulsing all the while. It’s quite something. Incredibly, if you believe the polls, it’s working.

• ISpeakJive says:

This is really good. Worth the 10 mins.

Gus had to work some OT in the alley last night, to get some extra coin for the weekend brain-blitz. Here he is addressing the work on hand:

I’m fine with you being a dick.
    8 hours ago
    I’m cool with you being a big asshole.
    8 hours ago
    Don’t care. Be a big dick.
    8 hours ago
    I get it. Means a lot to you.
    8 hours ago
    Fuck. Whatever.
    8 hours ago

FYI – Mrs. Fist posted an update at the Mothership:

All this is IF’s Mafia Princess posting under his acct. with an update. I can’t remember my login or password so was pleasantly surprised my iPad automatically logged me in as my honeybunny.

He wanted to come home to be with me and our purr babies. He did not want to die in a cold hospital room alone and I would NEVE allow that to happen, so we did not do in-patient hospice; when he leaves this world and passes to eternal sleep he will go in my arms holding him, he is NOT leaving any other way but feeling the love I have for him.

When I learned in-home care did not include 24hr nurse care I pulled pin on yet another hand grenade and tossed it and had to apologize to our pastor for my language, but Matt is cool so he just prayed for us and me and by the end of the day and after the social worker came by I had the name and number of a care provider, called them and they had someone at the house that afternoon.

Fist rapidly declined one he was home. We are blessed by many friends that have come to see him, and for two nights he had brief periods of lucidity and knew they were here. Pastor Matt had communion with us the night he came home, and visited the next day to talk with him and share scripture.

He is struggling to stay here longer, I think he is waiting for Lonnie and Giggles to get here.

Nurses are a huge help and allowing me to rest more knowing someone is watching over him. He is getting excellent care so I can loosen my grip a tad to get some rest.

Having Eagles here is a blessing. And he knew she was here even if he didn’t hear what she said.

GOD is calling him up for service in the heavenly angel marine corps. We know Master Wheeler will be there to greet him, and he and Sam are gonna be there on the front lines when Jesus returns to defeat the evil one. He finally gets to smite the Saraseans.

I cannot bear the though of life without him in it, but this appears to be part of GODs plan, Fist told me he isn’t afraid to die, he just doesn’t want to leave me and his cars. I told him it would be okay, he can go when he is ready. That friends and family will take care of me and that I would be Ruth to Naomi and care for his mama.

Thank you all for the kindness and respect you show him. He thinks of these blogs and the posters as extended family.
    ——————————————————–
    Sorry for oopsies above, he doesn’t want to leave his cats, not cars
    He has a Harley Freewheeler.

Thank you, Bunk!

Yes, thank you. I forgot just how much strength and character my friend had of her own.
      And to eaglesoars – for being there for her and for the Fist.

And I can see Fist coming back – to smote the evil. My mind’s eye relishes it.

• pineapple says:

I didn’t know Iron Fist but he seems to be loved and respected by his circle of family and friends. My heart goes out to him and his loved ones.

We all have to go sometime and you don’t get to choose when, but passing while being surrounded by loved ones and friends, at home with your family and pets, is about as good as this last chapter on Earth gets. Obviously, he touched a lot of people. I haven’t seen a tribute this strong in the blogosphere since Breitbart died.

I feel sorry for people who have purposefully alienated family & friends and die alone. This happened to a co-worker who passed away shortly after she retired in her mid-60’s. Nobody could stand her because she was so nasty (a recovering alcoholic) and she hated everyone as well, including her own brother. Except Obama. She loved him. Anyway, she got sick, went to the hospital in an ambulance and died there. Alone.

32. Be a dick for Jeezuz says:

Oh and Shrilldebeast evidently hates dogs.

And this guy said that her lead aide said she explodes and has tirades daily. You won’t be seeing the concern trolls on CNN making a headline out of that and assembling a panel of experts.

Being a K9 handler in the Military I got to do a few details involving Distinguished Visitors. Mostly Generals, DOD Officials, and Secretaries of Defense. I was lucky enough to pull two awesome details. George W Bush, and Obama.

GW looked at me, said “Man, who’d you piss off” high fived me, and continued on. I was climbing down from a catwalk I stood on for 4 hours with nothing but Dust and a radio to keep me company. The radio died early on. It was pretty sweet.

Obama, as he was walking out to his plane in Turkey, said “What the hell kind of dog is that?!” In reference to Suli.

One of my Last details was for Hillary when she was Secretary of State. She was in Turkey for whatever reason. I helped with sweeps of her DV Quarters and staff vehicles. Her words to me? “Get that Fucking dog away from me.” Then she turns to her Security Detail and berates them up and down about why that animal was in her quarters. For the next 20 minutes while I sit there waiting to be released she lays into her detail, slamming the door in their faces when she’s done. The Detail lead walks over apologizes and releases me. I apologize to him for getting him in trouble. His words “Happens every day, Brother”

Teh Warmening is raping Swedish girls, in the guise of Muslim immigrants. Is there no depth of depravity to which Teh Warmening will not stoop?

OH HAPPY DAY, SOMEBODY LET YOU DO SOMETHING FOR THE LIBTURD CAUSE!!1!

Whoopty-do, Fatass. No wonder you sent out five tweets about this nothingburger. 😆

P.S. Nobody is going to miss you when you finally choke on your last Cheeto.

According to the show’s listing on ITunes, a whopping 419 people have listened to the podcast. 😆

A segment, mind you. He is not CO-HOSTING in Chez’s absence. I’m sure the political insights will be worth it. Weren’t they pretty much junior high bathroom humor the last time he was on?

Two retweets and only 4 likes. Yeah, okay. My guess is no one cares about getting the word out.

Meanwhile, Pamela Geller is a guest on FOX News shows with viewers in the MILLIONS.

• Be a dick for Jeezuz says:

Yeah it’s going to be comical watching broke as a joke Chunky who women run away from try to ridicule The Donald. I’m sure he’ll trot out his moron canard that Trump’s a Nazi. And his supporters are teddibly teddibly violent.

OMG!! He didn’t even get the guy’s Twitter handle right! It’s actually @bobcesca_go!!!!

• Richard ben Youssef says:

Which is short for @bobcesca_go_fuck_yourself

Sorry, that was just teed up. I’m weak.

You’re a mess, Gussy, and in no shape to advise other dumbasses.

Ace has this up. I lol’d. 🙂

It’s the actual transcript, in comic form. This guy is going to receive little mercy from the court.

Yeah. And I’m sure Billy didn’t inhale crack at any of his trysts with women at Epstein’s private island. He didn’t inhale pot after all. **cough**

As did you, Gus. As did you. 😆

Who’s doing better, between you and the Donald?

Obama’s administration has been the JV team.

It’s so sad! A 63-yr-old recluse, begging for attention on the internet, begging for money and love, and getting NOTHING!

Except us, Chunky. We totally dig your scene, man. We love where you’re going with this crazy new beat. Can’t wait to see how popular your new “Tweet Storm” feature is, with the kids.

• Richard ben Youssef says:

Can’t be a Lib holding that rifle; he’s using proper finger control. Dianne Feinstein would be horrified.

Although, frankly, I’m pretty sure he’s not pointing the thing in a safe direction. I’m also pretty sure that if that’s one of Stalker Charles’ buddies that he’s too ignorant to have cleared the weapon; he’s certainly “brandishing” it in a way that I can’t tell if it’s loaded. You have to be careful with evil gun spiritz, they attack with absolutely NO warning!

Maybe he is a stupid Lib.

At least he looks like he has enough weight to take the recoil. Wonder if he’s going to fire it from the hip with the thing that goes up on the stock. And where is the bayonet???

ONE retweet. Over 10,000 followers. Apparently NOBODY wants to get the word out.

41. calo says:

R.I.P. buddy!

43. Daedalus says:

This is horrible news. I know Iron Fist is with the Holy Spirit and in a much better place.

RIP Iron Fist

44. Speranza says:

Although expected, this is till such a devastating finality.

45. Be a dick for Jeezuz says:

I’m just going to go out on a limb here and guess that Komey’s Keystone Kops are going to find nothing amiss and if so, nothing intentional.

How do I know?

46. Be a dick for Jeezuz says:

Just saw the updated headline. RIP IF

47. Be a dick for Jeezuz says:

Latest Trump kerfuffle. Libtards and media: Trump actually meant that Obungle and Shrillary are terrorists who started ISIS. Then obtusely pretend to disbelieve him when he says it was sarcastic.

48. Be a dick for Jeezuz says:

How sad. France, a dollar short and decades late tries to do something about the destruction of their free culture by Muslims who’ve already won. It’s pretty lame. Who cares what those Muslim ladies where to the beach? They’re still in denial that they’re just like the hated Israel. And will have to consult them on security against the tens of thousands of Muslim radicals in their midst.

49. Be a dick for Jeezuz says:

Sad. They can’t even show respect for a fellow athlete who surely has nothing to do with their country’s policies. And he may’ve even liked to have shaken his hand but it’s not worth dying for when you get back home. Better to look like a Muslim spoiled sport child because that makes Islam look GREAT!

The Left always snorts derisively and calls us “conspiracy nuts” when we talk about how Soros drives the Left’s policies and agendas. We had plenty of evidence before — now we have proof.

Get your Waddling Orders today, Fatass?

Icarus rescued from swampy mire by hero! 🙂

No, not our Icky. He’s still wallowing in the mud. Nobody seems to care. 😦

Those reptiles not only bite, they have a tendency to clamp on to penises with their poisonous fangs and thrash about! 😮

53. Be a dick for Jeezuz says:

Which was reported about Shitlarry already. And has been for years. Dick Morris, Secret Service people. Staffers. She’s a raging bitch and everyone knows it.

Trump’s been in the public and on TV for decades. There are no reports of explosive anger. Scarborough and Meeka are just reading lies from their AMESSNBC cue cards.

Chunky is still trying to curry favor with Oliver “Two Lunch” Willis. 😆

…while suckling at the loathsome teat of Soros Central, of course. Such ineffable losers.

@owillis I think it’s going to a URL that expects you to be logged in – I get “permission denied.’
    1 hour ago
    .@owillis Note: the tweet button on this page has a bad link: mediamatters.org/blog/2016/08/1…
    1 hour ago
    One of the most repulsive things right wing media are doing in this election season mediamatters.org/blog/2016/08/1…
    1 hour ago

Keep smoking ganja, Gussy. Life will be great for you!!

56. ITSE says:

I am not normal. This is the kind of videos I watch….

Don’t lose faith in the Trumpster, kids. They’re skewing the polls and misreporting everything. Shrillary is still a hot mess who should be in federal prison, as well as a scary witch who hates man’s best friend, and all men for that matter.

This piece cheered me up considerably. 🙂

—————————————————————
    The Return of The Donald: Trump Decides to Just Be Himself Again
    by PATRICK HOWLEY
    12 Aug

The Donald is back.

At Friday afternoon’s rally in Erie, Pennsylvania, the redheaded Scottish-American building tycoon showed his barbarian side. It was fun, it was fearless, and it was no doubt terrifying for the Democrats clinging to demographic politics to try to stop him.

“Go home to mommy,” Trump told a protester, a grin emerging on his face. “And your mother is voting for Trump!”

He stopped short of adding “she told me that last night,” which is probably a good thing. A good speechwriter allows his audience to fill in the best lines.

The last few weeks for Trump supporters have been rough. Like, “check the listings for one-way flights to various islands just in case” rough. The globalist establishment, panicked after Trump took a national poll lead post-Cleveland and distressed by the chaos and division at the Democratic convention in Philly, rained fire down upon Trump and his supporters.

Trump’s initial non-endorsement of Paul Ryan in Wisconsin — a bold message from Trump to his populist supporters — did not exactly sit well in Washington, D.C. His comments about DNC speaker Khizr Khan and about how Second Amendment supporters should go out and vote to stop Clinton were wildly and willfully misinterpreted by a frothing coastal elite that is staring head-on at existential destruction.

TV networks turned into 24/7 anti-Trump marathons stretching from Morning Joe to Seth Meyers. Exiled establishment Republicans floated idiotic rumors that the party might replace Trump on the ballot before September 1. National polls showed a steep Trump decline, due at least in part to the fact that they were oversampling Democrats by 12 to 14 points according to Democrat James Carville. They even had Martin Luther King Jr.’s daughter out there getting re-tweeted by Hillary.

But on Friday afternoon, The Donald came roaring back.

The chyron on the bottom of the screen on Fox News actually said “Trump: Hillary Doesn’t Have A Clue.”

The whole thing was joyous and beautiful.

This reporter has covered Mr. Trump since the day he announced his candidacy, sitting in a non-Breitbart newsroom, where a managing editor bitterly remarked, “Sideshow.” Almost immediately thereafter, this reporter started covering Mr. Trump for Breitbart.

The Trump campaign has had its ups and downs. There was a down moment in Iowa when Ben Carson dropped out of the race at the last minute and Ted Cruz won the caucus (do I have that right? Ben Carson didn’t drop out? Really?) But the man came roaring back by tearing Jeb Bush limb from limb en route to winning New Hampshire. That’s really when middle-class people started digging Trump, during his battles against “low-energy” “tough guy” Jeb. Bush went down and Trump won, won, won all over the country. The political hacks couldn’t stop it. They tried to give Little Marco Rubio some joke lines, but Marco’s delivery was pretty lame to say the least.

Trump went down again in Wisconsin, where Ted Cruz mobilized his dead-serious conservative movement activists and partnered with the Badger State-based Republican Establishment, relegating Trump’s show to ballrooms and convention halls like he was an aging standup comedian. But Trump came back again, sweeping the East Coast states and then winning big in Indiana with Bobby Knight. In Cleveland, Trump came out to “We Are The Champions.” He embarrassed Ted Cruz. For his supporters, it was awesome.

No matter how bad it gets — and it got pretty bad recently — Trump manages to bounce back by being himself.

“Let Trump Be Trump,” as Corey Lewandowski famously scrawled on the campaign whiteboard when all of this began. Cory’s gone now, in the Siberia of CNN, and there are a bunch of other people flitting around Trump now, some of whom are smarter and more loyal than others. For the last few weeks, those people had no clue how to stop the bleeding. Surrogate Rudy Giuliani, yelling at Chris Matthews that God gave him prostate cancer at the wrong time to stop Hillary Clinton when she ran for Senate, was the guy keeping the pulse going.

On Friday, The Donald took things into his own hands.

Since day one, this reporter has wondered: when will Trump finally just go all in? He knows that the cable networks are going to maliciously clip all of his speeches to highlight things they can attack him for. He knows that he’s never going to get a fair shake. He knows that he’s going to have to win this thing on a different medium, on a different plane of consciousness, than the rest of the political class. He clearly wants to cut loose.

On Friday, The Donald started cutting loose.

It’s clear, with 87 days to go, that the only way for this guy to win is to go ALL THE WAY.

58. Abu bin Squid says:

I posted yesterday at 6:58 that Iron Fist rests in peace at the right hand of God. I was wrong. He had many hours remaining surrounded by friends and family, and cats. I hope no one believes I was expediting Iron Fist’s deliverance to God. Regardless, I apologize.

Abu, I also thought the big guy had passed, based on the tone of the comments. I realized later he was still hanging in, probably right about the time he did cross over. Anyway, he died surrounded by love. That’s a big win, for a good guy.

It’s not too early for a drinking song, is it?

• Abu bin Squid says:

Did I not see any hetero wimminks in that video? Axing for a friend.

It’s racist and genderqueerfascist to ask such a question, but I think I spotted one about midway through. She might have to be rescued by a team of Navy SEALS from the cordon of angry carpet-munchers around her, but she’s worth saving, if only for the future of American Beach Volleyball. We must reproduce these champion athletes, is all I’m saying.

“Ugly” doesn’t begin to cover it, Fatboy…

Add in evil, crazy, demented, greedy and brain-damaged, and we’re getting too close for comfortable sleeping. 😯

Please release me from Moderation Hell. Thank you.

I have been accused of recommending a few dodgy films from time to time, but I keep on with my mission to save the country from beetle-browed crankiness and peevish sanctimony. This week I illegally downloaded and laughed myself silly over two films, when I should have been sleeping. The first was “Deadpool,” which got pretty good ratings from the critics and enthralled the fanboys, but was criticized as being too smart and meta for its own good by many curmudgeons. Fie on them! It was awesome, all the way through. It’s worth seeing just for Baccarin’s face and performance, but the rest of it was hilarious and impressive from an actioner standpoint. Ryan Reynolds will never top this one. He should retire or die tragically, before filming another scene.

The other gem was “The Brothers Grimsby.” Oh, so low-brow and crass! Fuck you. It was funny as fuck. Borat was genius as the soccer hooligan. Wait until you see the elephant scene. You’ll be thanking me, for steering you into that capacious repository of hilarity.

With women’s diving competition set to commence in Rio on Sunday, I think a classical music theme is in order to introduce some much needed culture to my stalker cretin brethren for man (and woman) cannot live on taunting overweight ponytailed dickheads alone. 😀

George wants to go back Up North. Says it’s too damn hot and humid down here. I agree. Like a sauna this week.

65. ISTE says:

Sorry but best I can do. I think I am correct in this.

I believe Iron Fist’s first comment at LGF was on Sat, Aug 24, 2002 11:34:06am Swamp time.

The article was

A Modest Proposal

By Charles Johnson

8/23/02 5:37:17 pm • Views: 679

A MODEST PROPOSAL

By Claire Berlinski

SADDAM, LET’S THINK outside the box for a change.

We know you don’t really give two shits about the Palestinians, and you sure as hell don’t give a rat’s ass about Islam, either. And we know you’re a practical kind of man. So here’s a little suggestion that might meet both of our needs……………….

His comment was number 47 on that thread and it was the 32420th comment at LGF

I cannot tell what it was, Charles deleted all Iron Fist’s comments in 2009 and the berry picker made its first run in September 2010

66. ISTE says:

Movie review time!

I reluctantly downloaded “The Brothers Grimsby” expecting it to be crap. I watched it and laughed my ass off. Loaded with British stereotypes and bad jokes but so true to the spirit of people from that part of England. I need to watch it again with an American..

I know! It was frickin’ hilarious. I had low expectations as well, and then I lol’d hard throughout.

The thing is, now they brag about their bias. That’s the state of “journalism” in this country now.

Checking in from Bentley ‘ s
    Saloon in Arundel Maine. Band is playing. Awesome!

Is this the real race war the Left has been spoiling for, or just the JV team race war?

70. Dicks 4 bejeezus says:

I hate these stories (of the Milwaukee riots and violence) because they bring out my own paranoia. I want to generalize and stereotype. I wish these young blacks would stay away from drugs and crime. Then they will have no interactions with police. And if so no reason to run from them or resist them. I’m in Bowling Green right now dropping my daughter off for freshman year. The black kids here are gorgeous and gregarious. They look so smart and purposeful! They don’t want to burn anything down. Or beat anyone.

I know what you mean. What a shitty story this was to wake up to, this morning. It’s the worst elements of the black community who get all fired up and ready to destroy lives and cities, urged on by professional race-baiters and well-funded professional anti-American organizations. All fatuously covered by the incompetent, progressively-worse MSM.

We live in those “interesting times” they’ve been warning us about for so long.

71. ISTE says:

I have finally realized that going through life drunk and stupid is not what I should be doing at my age.

This is going to be very difficult for me, it will mean a total change in my lifestyle and a serious commitment on my behalf..

I start an online college class Monday…….

🙂

(OK so I lied….)

There was a guy I worked with who got pulled over for DUI on his way INTO work. He figured that there wasn’t any point in going to sleep at 5AM.

72. Daedalus says:

I still can’t believe he’s gone. So soon and so young. It sucks evil people live long like Soros.