It is painfully obvious that our favorite punching bag – the unemployed, public assistance addicted, halitosis afflicted, unloved, embittered shut-in fancies himself as a power broker amongst hipsters, progressives and aging radicals (like Bernie Sanders). How he must wish that he were invited to the power breakfast at Sylvia’s Restaurant in Harlem (a famous restaurant where the meeting took place) with Bernie Sanders and the Rev. Al Sharpton, Jr. and that he could encourage them with shouts of “Right on, I am down with the struggle, I played with Al Jarreau” when it comes to wealth redistribution. The problem with that fantasy scenario is that the Rev. Al and Comrade Bernie would look at the slovenly and malodorous Charles Johnson and immediately think that he was either a bus boy or a homeless bum who was looking to swipe some food off the table. Being that normal rules of kindness and charity to not apply to Reds, Charles would get tossed out of and do some panhandling at the nearest McDonald’s.

by Errol Louis

(CNN)Hours after claiming a decisive victory over Hillary Clinton in the New Hampshire primary, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders went to New York City to meet with none other than the Rev. Al Sharpton, a move that is sure to rattle Clinton’s advisors and the candidate herself.

Not because Sharpton directly controls a significant block of votes (he doesn’t), but because he symbolizes a larger question facing the Democratic Party: what will African-American voters do when the first black president leaves the White House?

President Obama’s popularity with black voters can’t be overstated: his run for office resulted in millions of black voters registering and casting ballots for the first time in huge numbers in 2008. In 2012, when Obama was running for re-election, the rate of black voter turnout exceeded that for whites for the first time in history. Black voters skew Democratic by an overwhelming ratio of 80 to 11, according to the Pew Research Center, making blacks by far the most loyal demographic group in the Democratic base.

Any hope of a Democratic victory in November depends on heavy turnout by black voters. So it’s smart politics for Clinton and Sanders to make as many friends among black political leaders as possible. And Sharpton — who leads a national organization and hosts a daily three-hour radio talk show heard in dozens of markets around the nation — is a good friend to have.

Like any power broker, Sharpton is well aware of his status. He recently told me of being approached by Clinton’s allies and asked what he wanted in exchange for supporting her candidacy. “What do I want? Nothing!” he told me. “I’ve been to the White House for Christmas and the Super Bowl with the first black president, had more access than any civil rights leader in history. What can Hillary or any other president do for me?”

That’s a pretty good question, and Team Clinton isn’t the only one asking it. Sharpton was recently photographed having breakfast with Kevin Sheekey, a top aide to former New York City mayor Mike Bloomberg, a billionaire businessman who is known to be exploring a possible bid for president as an independent.

“It would be interesting. Bloomberg is one of the few people who could pull off a credible independent candidacy for president,” Sharpton said after the meeting.

“For African-Americans and Latino voters, a 50-state run will enhance our leverage and get our interests addressed. We wouldn’t just be focusing on a few primary states,” he said.

The message is crystal clear: black political activists like Sharpton want to be wooed and are willing to talk with anybody — including Bernie Sanders or Mike Bloomberg — rather than fall in line behind the Democratic establishment candidate, Hillary Clinton.

In upcoming states with large numbers of black voters — including South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia and Louisiana — Clinton will need not just grudging acceptance but energetic mobilization if she wants to win. That is why she recently left the campaign trail to visit mostly-black Flint, Michigan, and decry the racially-tinged manmade health disaster there.

But Sanders’ tete-a-tete with Sharpton makes clear that the black vote is not Clinton’s to take for granted. She’ll need to make more gestures like the trip to Flint and convince black political leaders — not just Sharpton — that the levels of access, pride, government appointments and other benefits won’t vanish when Barack Obama gets on Air Force One for the last time.

230 Comments on “Guy who wants to raise taxes has breakfast with guy who doesn’t pay them – and I am not referencing Mr. Toot”

1. OLT's Prefers to Spell it "Whinging" says:

Gus-Gus is describing Obama in Twitterwarrior Theater today.

He doesn’t get it.

It would be cute, were he three years old. And an orangutan, or something.

2. Daedalus says:

OMG, this line killed me Heracles. This was is true.

Reading the above, I was reminded of a certain episode of the greatest show of all time. I hear Sharpton giving Sanders advice similar to that given Larry David, to help him in the upcoming hammer-tongs-and-taser encounters with Shrillary. It’s going to get seriously nasty, as She now realizes she’s about to blow another election to somebody who wasn’t even on the radar when she was drawing up her plans of Inevitable Assumption.

Dilbert guy nails Trump perfectly: http://blog.dilbert.com/post/139119223061/why-does-trump-terrify-people

Not to belabor the obvious, but Trump isn’t really a conservative. He’s a swell. Ego out to here, born on third base, but he backs it up with real chutzpah and fearless ambition. A normal man wouldn’t stick to that hair, for one thing. That takes balls.

Would he make a good president? I have no idea, but he’d be better than the empty-suit we’ve suffered through for the past 7 years. I’m sure of that much. I’m 98% sure he’d be better than Shrillary, and 99% on Sanders. As for Cruz, well, I don’t know if the guy is likable enough to get elected. He’s a conservative, with a low-key personality, who will be turned into Son Of Hermann Goering by the self-identified Liberal MSM.

• Calico Jack says:

So many alleged conservatives (like the people running Blogmocracy the parent blog of DoD) are willfully get bamboozled by Trump. He is a yuuuuuge government guy with a nasty streak of Bonapartism thrown in.

• Captain Death says:

On Breitbart, Hot Air, Ace of Spades, HQ and even Weasel Zippers many are saying that they are no longer conservatives but national populists. Several are former posters on Blogmocracy.

So, the only guy you can vote for is Cruz? Is he a legit conservative? Or did he back some bill somewhere, that gave amnesty to illegals with 30 years of American residency? Who’s bankrolling him? He might be a Soros-sponsored stalking-horse…

I bet there are people contesting Cruz’s conservative integrity, somewhere.

And which “alleged” conservatives would those be? And why don’t you trot your ass over there and repeat the allegations to their faces.

Adams lost me right here:

Clinton and Rubio – to pick two examples – are probably in the pocket of the military industries. Those two are likely to start expensive wars for profit, like past presidents. THAT seems dangerous to me. Trump is the least likely to start a war to benefit the defense industry. Sanders is anti-war too, but his military might look weak to outsiders and invite some risk. Militarily, Trump seems like the lowest risk of any candidate we have ever seen.

Maybe I’m naive, but which U.S. President besides Teddy Roosevelt ever started a war for profit?

5. Captain Death says:

I saw Hillary debating Comrade Bernie yesterday and she had her tongue so far up Obama’s ass it practically came out of his elephant ears. Bernie pretty much came out and said that her running against Obama in 2008 was a racist, traitorous act. I love it when lefties get hoisted on their own petards.

I didn’t watch it, but I read about it this morning, and I was laughing like I’d won the lottery. The absurdity of the whole thing is just precious. 😆

• Captain Death says:

From another blog:

Although Clinton and Sanders seek to continue and deepen the legacy of Obama, and although we are in year eight of the Age of Obama, in the United States life is hell. Charles Krauthammer captures the weirdness in his weekly column today with respect to Sanders: “Bernie Sanders is careful never to blame Obama directly, but his description of the America Obama leaves behind is devastating — a wasteland of stagnant wages, rising inequality, a sinking middle class, young people crushed by debt, the American Dream dying. Take away the Brooklyn accent and the Larry David mannerisms and you would have thought you were listening to a Republican candidate. After all, who’s been in charge for the last seven years?”

Show us your history degree, or any degree for that matter, while tweeting about someone’s “superficial hagiography” (sophomore level post-modern comp?) level knowledge on anything.

7. windbag says:

Sharpton and Bernie discussed women’s rape fantasies, being experts on the subject.

Dear Windbag and your one responder:

We could give a SHIT if the idiot Canadians learn Arabic, Sanskrit, Esperanto or Pidgen to greet the Syrians. We hope they enjoy creeping Sharia, the rape of their women, and the violence that they’ll be bringing. Especially since I believe they can’t defend themselves against it. With actualy weapons.

BTW, Windbag and Windbag Groupie (oh and honey, he’s actually 62, 300 lbs.+ and has a greasy ponytail so if you’re imagining some California beach action, bring a winch to get him off you and some OFF bugspray for cooties). I can’t wait for your reaction when the Obama folks move a shitload of them into your liberal neighborhoods and you find yourself afraid to go out of your house after a week.

• pineapple says:

Were they welcoming them with Allahu Akbar?

“Mr. Dobalina, Mr. Bob Dobalina…”

Good Christ, this guy and his musical selections. 😆

I needed an antidote to #nowplayingboringshitmuzak, so here’s this:

😈 😈 😈 😈

And here’s an antidote for the next one he’s going to post:

😈 😈 😈 😈

• pineapple says:

Well that’s some good shit there…… High energy Social D. Thanks for posting Octo.

• pineapple says:

Boom!….. called it. That’s a nice resume.

Associations

Supersuckers have recorded with many artists including Willie Nelson, Steve Earle, Kelley Deal of The Breeders, and Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam. They have appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno backing Willie Nelson. They have toured with numerous bands such as Mudhoney, SOCIAL DISTORTION, Bad Religion, The Ramones, Motörhead, Flogging Molly, Toadies, Supagroup, the Butthole Surfers, The Reverend Horton Heat, The New York Dolls, The Dwarves, White Zombie and Nashville Pussy.

• kbdabear says:

Don’t you know that David Crosby retweeted Toot once? He’s a PLAYAH!!!

He’s a playah, sure…and a songwriter, producer, race detective and social justice warrior. He wrote the song, “Suite: Judy Blue Eyes,” in honor of his girlfriend, Judy Collins. Gave the song to CSN, though, because he had too much on his plate with the jazzy noodlin’ and surf rhythm soul music he was pioneering.

• pineapple says:

If I never hear Suite: Judy Blue Eyes again it will be too soon.

• Abu Milyo says:

I was at a bar a few weeks ago and the band played this song. It was well done, but who except AARP hippies plays that stuff? In public, I mean. Sad.

And yes, their politics make me dislike CSN(&Y) music. Is that worse than liking their music because of their political views?

• kbdabear says:

Funny bit on Toot aside, it was Stephen Stills who wrote Suite:Judy Blue Eyes

I love CSN’s music, like most artists I separate their music from their political hectoring and their massively assholish personalities

• pineapple says:

It’s more burnout for me than dislike. Stairway to Heaven would fall into the same category, a song that I once loved, I could go without hearing again.

I try to separate too……I still have all my Yusuf Islam albums.

• pineapple says:

I hope they got royalties.

You know it’s funny but it’s a shame in many ways they were such a packaged band. They did some really good stuff, but teen idol status got in their way. They certainly had the top people writing for them.

Obama’s lectures on Islamophobia are becoming as perfect of predictors of crazed Islamist-rampages, as Al Gore’s lectures on Teh Warmening are harbingers of record-cold and blinding blizzards.

11. kbdabear says:

While much of the country freezes through record low temps that Toot will ignore in order to claim “Warmest Winter EVER!”, just a reminder that Spring Training is almost upon us.

12. Because olo says:

“Turned out to be?” As opposed to what earlier image, booger-breath? White jackwagon posing as a black man, and ripping off donations from various sketchy causes?

If any OTHER White person had made that remark, they’d be raked over the coals for racism. I guess when you’re a Black guy, even a FAKE Black guy, you get a pass.

14. irongrampa says:

Trump mania is even penetrating this little 2×4 rural Adirondack village I inhabit.

I am a Cruz fan,but watching The Donald poke the anthill is great. He COULD capture it all if the Establishment doesn’t get their collective finger out.

Any rate, voting either Cruz or Trump is acceptable, in whatever order pleases people.

This was a test to see if I actually can post here.

Only if you don’t turn this into Cruz v. Trump annex, please. I’ve been avoiding just about every website I’ve ever loved these days because EVERYTHING is devolving into Cruz v. Trump. With asides at Rubio thrown in. We’re here to make fun of the hefty blogger.

• pineapple says:

Welcome irongrampa

Yes that is why I like Trump….. for no other reason than him getting the political world in a headlock (which includes the Republican establishment, libs, and the media) while doing unending uppercuts to the face.

The past 7 years of Odumbo has me pulling for a guy like Trump… I can’t help it. Maybe Trump will have been a bad choice, but there is no way he rises to the level of Odumbo failure.

I would be totally happy with a Cruz victory, I’m just enjoying the show for now.

• kbdabear says:

irongrampa is a regular on Ace, nice to see him here

15. Because olo says:

Let’s play “spot the logical fallacy”…

16. kbdabear says:

The main difference between Toot and Kanye here is that one’s net worth has 9 digits to the left of the decimal point and the other has 4 digits in front of the decimal on his GoFundMe page. Oh, and the other doesn’t have to beg his followers to buy him a used car.

• kbdabear says:

Good thing that Toot played with Al Jarreau or some people might accuse him of hating black music and black people.

• Abu MilyooyliM says:

Charles Foster Johnson’s hatred of Black music, back in the day, was verified by his shitty playing.
        “So long as it’s tight, I don’t really care.”

Let’s linky that, Barry.Cut to 2:55 for the bullshit from G. Duke about Foster’s playing.

• Minnow says:

THAT was an embarrassment for old “Barry”, and he doesn’t even know it!!!!

Barry, everyone else was feeling the groove and there you are doing that “Egyptian” thing with your arms…..

Really?

-or those dumbass faces you made as you are leaning into the frame!!??

That was all you got?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

No wonder your career in music was so short lived!!!

I keep hearing Sheila E. “Boring.”

• kbdabear says:

Of course Toot then has to quickly show people that he has Snoop Dog on his playlist lest Twitter mobs accuse him of racism

• pineapple says:

Good call…. obvious pandering there by Toot.

What a loser.

• He’s a c*nt. If Snoop Dogg ever met him he’d probably shiv him in the parking lot and leave him to die bleeding and trying to gather his guts (I know people who have died that way, saddly). And go get a McKyDees shake for lunch. People don’t realize Snoop’s a ruthless gangster. He’s not some cuddly actor despite appearing on Sesame Street. He has stuck guns in people’s faces and when he gets angry even with his Hollyweird “associates” (aka morons) he goes all gang hate. I have no use for this POS.

• Because olo says:

Groovy.

• Minnow says:

coffee pot, meet teapot.

LOL!

• Minnow says:

Hahahahahahahahaahaha…..

Barry should be so lucky!!!

By the way Barry, did you learn that argumentation technique in High School Debate Class?

Very impressive!!

18. pineapple says:

So…….ummm….. don’t listen to it?

Getting through the day must be hard for poor Toot.

19. irongrampa says:

Time to go put some ribs in to marinate for our post SB party–younger daughter is a devout Broncos fan so she’s still basking in the euphoria and considers it a fine thing to have a party about.

I just like the part about the ribs.

Have the best weekend possible, gang, and stay safe.

This is something. 🙂

This is also something:

Oh, those were the days. 🙂

22. pineapple says:

Laughing too hard to type.

“Hey everyone look at me!!!!!!! See….. it happened again! Trump retweeted someone eeeeeeevil!”

What’s important to Fuckface and his 17 lapdogs isn’t to anyone else I guess. Too bad so sad.

23. Minnow says:

Barry,

Honestly…. having seen the “Barry Tapes” again tonight, and having contemplated your actions on the internet of the past 15-years, there really is only one conclusion.

You are mentally retarded.

and not just a little bit.

Surprise attack. Killed him in thesleep that night.
    2 hours ago
    Little wing.
    2 hours ago
    Whatever. twitter.com/denbizjournal/…
    2 hours ago
    Thank ALEC! twitter.com/chrislhayes/st…
    2 hours ago
    I think Tamir Rice had a right to life.
    2 hours ago
    IEDs. 10 years. twitter.com/JohnLGC/status…
    2 hours ago
    Don’t fall for the bullshit.
    2 hours ago
    We’re good.
    2 hours ago
    No dummies is all.
    2 hours ago
    I’m cool with Elizabeth Warren having been a Republican.
    2 hours ago

Well, I’ve turned 57, and Google celebrated my birthday with a party doodle. Three more years, and I’m 60? No. That’s impossible. 😆

• pineapple says:

Happy Birthday Octo.

I hit the big 60 last year and I’m having the time of my life!

Well not really, 60 is as bad as you might imagine.

• Daffy duck says:

Happy Birthday, Octo.

What turns green and falls off in three years? I don’t know, Babs, but I do know this. I’ll be able to tell you 10 months from now.

Happy b-day, Inky!! 🙂
      You’re still a kid. I turned 61 this year. 😦

Thanks y’all — glad I’m not the only old geezer around here. 🙂

Huge birthday breakfast, and now needing a nap. The kids are cooking a big Italian dinner for us tonight, and then we’re going to a comedy club to hear some jokes, probably aimed at RethugliKKKans and old white males of privilege. Har-de-har.

26. Because olo says:

Some other people, including myself, who grew up, saw the light, smelled the coffee, and learned how to shoot straight.

List of former liberals:

Stephen Baldwin, the only actor in the family known to be conservative.
    Saul Bellow, a former liberal, he is now typically identified with neoconservativism
    Steve Beren
    Ray Bradbury
    Tammy Bruce, former head of the L.A. chapter of N.O.W.,currently a conservative radio host and political commentator.
    Kirk Cameron, actor and former child star. Used to be an atheist, now runs the “Way of the Master” ministry.
    Sandra Cano
    Nick Cohen
    Peter Collier, cofounder of Center for the Study of Popular Culture & co-organizer of the Second Thoughts conferences for former liberals who have become conservatives.
    Anthony Flew, former atheist, and anti-theist, he now supports the teaching of intelligent design in schools.
    John T. Flynn, socialist who turned against the New Deal
    Milton Friedman, an active supporter of the New Deal who turned libertarian in the late 1940s
    William Randolph Hearst, powerful publisher 1900-1940 era
    Sidney Hook, philosopher
    David Horowitz, author & cofounder of Center for the Study of Popular Culture
    Willmoore Kendall, political scientist
    Alveda King
    Irving Kristol, founder of neoconservativism
    Joseph Lieberman, became independent after losing the Democratic renomination in 2006; strong supporter in 2008 of John McCain.
    Seymour Martin Lipset, leading sociologist and political scientist
    David Mamet, playwright and critic
    Norma McCorvey
    Michael Medved, film critic
    Dennis Miller
    Lisa Miller – former lesbian, now born again Christian, who has been ordered by the state to hand over custody of her biological daughter Isabella to her former partner
    Zell Miller
    Raymond Moley, was a “Brains trust” top adviser to Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1933
    Bernard Nathanson
    Ron Silver
    Al Smith, Democratic nominee for president in 1928
    David Stockman, Reagan’s budget director
    Jon Voight, actor
    Burton K. Wheeler
    James Woods
    David Zucker, director and co-writer of An American Carol, it is a conservative film mocking popular leftist figures like Michael Moore.

• Because olo says:

Well, heck. A couple of weeks on Twitter, and I’m banned already. No idea why. Why does Gussy get to keep mumbling?

Twitter gulag? Fatso and his fascist lizards probably put out a hit on you.

• Because olo says:

I actually doubt it. Toot’s bunch isn’t that much of a force. Probably a BernieBro inside of Twitter. They’re the ones doing all the banning these days. Thou Shalt Not Take the Name of the Bern in Vain. I’m pretty sure that’s who got Cristina. Which is interesting, because she can blast Islam all day every day and keep on going, but say something bad about teh Bern, and you get whacked.

Learn me to hang out with bottle blond Armenians…

There was no warning or explanation? Can you appeal??

• Because olo says:

This is where it gets weird. I’m supposed to log in with a cell phone # to get a code to verify that it’s me. When I do that, is says that my phone # is “unsupported”, which isn’t supposed to happen with any US numbers. So I have an open ticket, with no response so far. This is why I suspect that it’s some donkey inside of Twitter. Nobody else would be able to make the phone verification thing not work.

My guess is this is happening to a lot of users, and sooner or later, some supervisor is going to find out that this is going on, and give the BernieBro a sternly worded “no no”.

Then the donkey will find some other jerkoff move, and keep on doing this shit on their payroll.

Look at what’s been going on with Milo. First they took his verification badge away, no explanation. Just did it. Then yesterday, they “shadowbanned” him, meaning that he’s not showing up in many of his followers’ timelines. Just chicken guano stuff.

I’m actually humbled and honored that I’m apparently important enough to be getting some of the same crap that somebody of Milo’s stature is getting.

• The same thing happened a few weeks back to @Barbie_Sandwich. Now, twitter thinks my cell number is his. But, it got Barbie a verification code to get back in.

• Because olo says:

I tried a different phone. No joy. There’s either something nefarious going on, or some incredible programming incompetence on the part of their developers, which I can also believe. Or maybe both. I may try to create a Google phone account, if I don’t hear back from support, and right now it’s looking like I’m not going to. Or I could just start over again. It’s not as if I have a huge following, and I know now who to follow.

Weird thing is, the account appears to still be active. I just can’t get into it.

• Because olo says:

Just opened a second account. Bam. Locked. Some definite assholery going on.

So strange….

• Because olo says:

It’s almost like they want to burn the site to the ground, like [cough] a certain blog that [cough] used to be successful that I [cough] won’t name.

Let it burn.

There’s some data collection going on with Twitter. If you give your phone number, it becomes part of your profile by default, you’ve outed yourself and you’re vulnerable. I found no way to delete it once submitted other than closing the account. Twitter tracks IPs and email addresses as well, so that when you open a new account, they have the equivalent of Charles Johnson’s Correlator Tool (only better).

P.J. O’Rourke

Lots of talk about Teh Warmening?

Because it’s frickin’ freezin’ out. Hobos frozen to the sidewalks all over the Midwest. Be careful where you pass out, Gus! 😯

29. Abu MilyooyliM says:

Happy Birthday, old feller. So turning 53 back in Nov wasn’t as bad as I thought, lol.

53? Hell, I have socks older than that. Underwear, too. Thanks!

Here are the ages of all the sibs in my family: 66, 64, 62, 60, 59, 57, 55, 52, and the baby, who is 50.

I still have no idea how my parents birthed and raised all those kids, without anyone getting killed, jailed (aside from one drunk in public, on me at age 16), or going off the rails and becoming a burden to society. It’s a damn miracle, if you ask me. All that Catholic praying paid off.

This is for Chunky, and all his Islamist pals:

We’re coming for you heathens, on our high horses!

31. Because olo says:

So now MSLSD is part of the VRWC.

32. Minnow says:

Scalia dead!? Total bummer. RIP Judge.

33. Because olo says:

How long before Toot says something uncivil?

• Minnow says:

“Now confirmed” is badass SJW speak for “I knew about this weeks ago, but it has finally been confirmed.”

34. Minnow says:

The article written about Scalia’s death is really poorly written.

“When he did not appear for breakfast, a person associated with the ranch went to his room and found a body.”

How about…. “found his body”.???? WTF?

“A gray Cadillac hearse pulled into the ranch last Saturday afternoon.”

Last Saturday afternoon?? Whoa… sounds like pretty good planning to me.

Not too shabby Gary Martin. Two dumbass sentences in a brief 10-paragraph article.

This idiot no doubt has a degree in the Charles Johnson School of Journalism.

Going to be great weekend for Charles!

Expect firebomb tweets provoking right wing response and retweets!!

How would you quantify the potential retweets off this, Charles?

I would say off the charts

People dying is good for biz, Chaz.

Where would you be without 9/11?

And I REALLY can’t wait for your historical legal analysis!

With all your degrees in all things I don’t expect any superficial hiography!

Wow. There’s some really disgusting stuff on regressive left (and left in general) about Scalia and Clarence Thomas.

Call them out Chaz.

Why is Clarence Thomas trending Chaz?

39. Because olo says:

Managed to dig myself out of the Twitter gulag. Using some unorthodox nerdery.

Still don’t know exactly what happened, or why my cell phone won’t work with their system.

40. Because olo says:

[cough Toot [cough]

Dear Fatass. Hear me clearly. No equivocation. Deride Justice Scalia and I will personally drive to Culver City! Camp out in front of your home. And have my son beat the ever loving SHIT out of you. Take that any way you want.

• Minnow says:

Why do I get the feeling that a little Todd Rundgren, or Steely Dan is in order???

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha

You Effie’ BETCHA. I had the honor to meet this great man once. I worked with his son.

• Minnow says:

Strictly on the basis of the fact that Justice Scalia raised nine children, he outclasses Barry on every level of being. Every single one.

Then, let’s start talking marriage and religion and personal morals.

And finally, on intelligence and politics….

Barry who?

• pineapple says:

By all accounts I’m seeing the replacement will be filled by the next president. The Republican majority congress will simply block him until he’s gone.

• Minnow says:

I hope you’re right. However, based on their miserable performance since the 2014 elections, I will believe it when I see it.

So far – the Republicans have been pure pussies and haven’t done what they said they would do when they got elected.

• pineapple says:

The R’s better stand strong on this issue for their own political future. This is going to be a “take a stand” core issue and everyone will be watching. Too much at stake.

I’ll bet the conservative talking heads will be on it for the duration, big time.

42. Minnow says:

ICYMI,

Barry says: “I could be convinced to go on a World Tour for (say) $2-million or so.”

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

43. TreBob says:

Happy BDay Ocky! I’m almost a year behind ya in a week or so.

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

You old bastard, you! How do you manage to put your socks on, in the morning? Well, if you’re a swamper, you probably don’t need socks. Too humid down there.

We were talking about separating our politics from our music and other forms of entertainment the other day. I happen to love Lucinda Williams, even though she’s a raging nutjob of a libturd. She brought the worlds of rock, country and folk together under the rubric of “Americana,” and she was the greatest artist of the genre, imho. It’s not pop music, it’s the real deal. I understand a lot of people can’t handle her craggy voice, but that’s because they’re pussies, as Mr. Trump said. Go listen to your Steely Dan outtakes, and fondle yourself over their artistry. 😉

Lucinda started her own label after the Lost Highways label imploded, and has released two masterful double-albums in the past year. More wisdom and truth on these tracks, than you’ll find on anyone else’s digital glurge in the past couple of decades. The girl has been around. She knows about all your shit.

44. pineapple says:

But it was OK for Odumbo to rule by EO on everything he couldn’t get through Congress, right Shillary? Can’t have it both ways bitch.

Hillary’s not going to jail. It would take Obama turning on the whole Dhimmicraptic machine, to unleash those hounds. Not happenin’.

Triumph kills this entire piece. 😆

• This was so awesome. And kudos for the pols who showed some humor. The young activist/operative broads are so beautiful too. Like the one in the gray suit and the black bangs near the end. OMG. But that’s just me being an old goat. Which reminds me of Goat Boy. Which you can’t link to without going through NBC/SNL WhoreLand Inc. So here’s a great bit with Jim Breuer interviewing Larry The Cable Guy. He’s just trying to gin up the hilarity with Larry with a little Goat Boy and Pesci. Fun Stuff.

46. Because olo says:

Look at the hips on that godess.

47. Oh I found one where she moves. I know, I’m like a child. LOL!

48. Wow. Leftists shit on Scalia with no respect for his family. Why am I not surprised? And why am I not surprised Chunky chose these hate-filled thugs to be his associates even though they comically reject him time after time? Yeah, I’m not.

Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!!! 🙂

The concert (and fund-raiser) was a smashing success last night. 🙂
    It was bitterly cold, but the snow held off. Yayyyy!
    I met this lady last night. Wow! Her husband (he referred to himself as her consort. lol!) is also fabulous. Methinks she’s got a great future. I hope so, anyway!

Do you see it?

52. ISpeakJive says:

Chunky needs this button!
    He should steal the idea and put in on the blog next to +/-.

53. I’ve had a great last 3 days. College visit to WKU with my twin daughters (and mom) and another couple from our church choir who drove over too who’s daughter already attends there. That’s one fun bunch. We got a room for the girls. So Rachel got a break from dorm life. It’s a nice campus and we had great meals. It’s Bowling Green KY which is nothing to sneeze at. A place called Bayou Tea had awesome gumbo. Just good times. And you meet the most interesting people. My daughter’s interested in ROTC and studying abroad and I mentioned to the colonel when I saw Arabic on the itinerary that I bristled a little. I don’t want her over there. She’s a beautiful young woman and they don’t respect their women. But he reassured me, she won’t get a mission that she can’t handle or won’t have enough support. And of course my daughter reminds me we have to translate the documents and intercepts. Of course, I’m an idiot. They brought over their top cadet who was a chiseled Adonis (his name was actually Christian) that I might allow them to date.  He was very professional and respectful. When I was his age I was a self-absorbed JERK! in comparison. But anyway he’s a very good student like my daughter so he was explaining the better a student you are then more you get to choose your path in the military.

Then we checked out the music dept, the guitar guy who actually is a good friend of my daughter’s first teacher. They were fellow students at WKU. So they, explained how that all works. Then when we went to Biology which my other daughter wants to study for Pre-vet they spent like an hour with us explaining the program, explaining the options, etc.. We also met other Bio students, one who had a recording of him and his roommate playing Foggy Mountain Breakdown (guitar and banjo) on his phone LOL! IT WAS AWESOME GOOD. My grandfather and great uncle were a Bluegrass act (same instruments) and cut a 45. Another student was a gorgeous co-ed named Storm who was just perfect and bright and friendly. We hadn’t even scheduled anything and these people just leapt into action. Very impressive.

Then we were walking back to our hotel across campus and we stopped to ask a dude who was smoking a cig to make sure we were heading the right way. Well he tells us he’s the head of the library and he’s lived there his whole life! So he wasn’t quite sure where there Hyatt was ( Why would he need to know that? Ha!) He’s like our age, graying and not fat and such and he proceeds to tell us HIS daughter goes to the school there and he’s one of (no less than) 13 family members who’ve attended WKU. Including two who were founding members. Wow. And when this dude talks he sounds EXACTLY like Shelby Foote, I shit you not.

My one daughter who’s the driving fanatic drove us all the way there. Then other daughter drove us all the way back (they fought over who would drive). At one point I observed to one of them that when your kids are so big and independent that they’re driving you places you feel like “My work is done”. Yay 🙂 Now I can get cancer and everyone can come visit me in the hospital and then go to Panera. Or Wendy’s. Take your pick. Ha!

54. I don’t know about you all, but I’m getting a huge load of global warming dumped on my head right now. It looks like about two inches has piled on my deck in an hour and still coming. I went running earlier. The temp was technically 19 but I hadn’t factored in the wind chill. So even with 3 layers and polar tech on in the direct wind it cut right through. Burned a few extra calories just staying warm 🙂 But I’m glad I did because I love exercising out of doors. But now there’s no way this old man would risk hitting the deck and breaking an arm or a coccyx! It would have to be the P90X yoga vid. Which is an ass kicker and I recommend to EVERYONE! Maybe I’ll do that tomorrow.

55. Minnow says:

Congratulations Dad on doing a good job as a father! I am sure your kids really appreciate what you and their Mom have done for them!

56. ISTE says:

Happy Valentines day buddy

The song sounds good because ya can’t understand what they are singing.

Oh, and over 22 million views…

I am sure it is romantic in the Finnish language but WTF is the bosom fetish?

“While Your Lips Are Still Red”

Sweet little words made for silence
    Not talk
    Young heart for love
    Not heartache
    Dark hair for catching the wind
    Not to veil the sight of a cold world

Kiss while your lips are still red
    While he`s still silent
    Rest while bosom is still untouched, unveiled
    Hold another hand while the hand`s still without a tool
    Drown into eyes while they`re still blind
    Love while the night still hides the withering dawn

First day of love never comes back
    A passionate hour`s never a wasted one
    The violin, the poet`s hand,
    Every thawing heart plays your theme with care

Kiss while your lips are still red
    While he`s still silent
    Rest while bosom is still untouched, unveiled
    Hold another hand while the hand`s still without a tool
    Drown into eyes while they`re still blind
    Love while the night still hides the withering dawn

57. Because olo says:

58. pineapple says:

Blocking any Obummer nominee will be a no brainer. Time for the majority Republicans to take a stand for a change.

There is no shutting down of the government if the Republicans refuse to buckle.

The establishment Republicans might even be able regain some face if they stand firm here.

The libs seem to be running scared ….. does that mean they doubt Shillary will become president?

I hope Rush sets the tone tomorrow for an absolute stonewall on any nominee proposed by this lame duck president.

59. Because olo says:

The vitriol is indicative of the whole left.

Especially the Regressive Left.

That’s you, Charlene.