One Cluebat for @Lidane

Today, in an effort to mock whoever:

lidane scarf comment

Which people are deranged? Can someone find out who updinged that? ‘Cause that particular image seems familiar. Really familiar. Like, it might hit kinda close to home for these doofuses:

lgf 30061 ray scarf 1

That, my friends, is LGF article #30061. The comments section is now blocked from outsiders, but The World’s Greatest Search Engine reveals these little nuggets of wisdom from the Grand Lizardoid:

5326889
Charles 2008-05-23 09:33:29
As for the scarf, it *really* looks like a kaffiyeh to me; the video’s too low res to be 100% certain, but it’s got most of the elements of a kaffiyeh.

If it isn’t a genuine made-in-Gaza scarf, it’s obviously inspired by it.

and

5327003
Charles 2008-05-23 09:49:50
An LGF search for ‘kaffiyeh’ shows that this isn’t happening in a vacuum (except the one in celebrities’ heads), and Ray is far from the first to show up on TV or in ads wearing this item of terror chic.

[Link: littlegreenfootballs.com…]

And then later (still visible because it’s from 2009):

cj rachel ray scarf

“Remember how the lefties mocked LGF…”

ROTFL

80 Comments on “One Cluebat for @Lidane”

1. KGB says:

Hell of a catch, ChenZhen. Alas, since neither al-Chuki nor his minions read this website, we can be sure he’ll get away with it!

2. Because says:

Now he gets tweeky about Ragheed.

3. Abu oyliM says:

Bravo, Chen.
    penis penis penis lol

4. windbag says:

You know, maybe we’ve misjudged Fatty. Should we all chip in and buy him a dictionary? Maybe a large portion of his problem is he doesn’t have much of a vocabulary. Mocking isn’t the same thing as ignoring, which is what the left did to him then. Mocking isn’t stalking, which he accuses everyone of doing now. And while he’s looking up the definition of mock, he can flip over a few pages and see how to pronounce milyo.

5. Because says:

I really hadn’t noticed how over-the-top his rhetoric was in ’08 (because I’d already split), but

“If it isn’t a genuine made-in-Gaza scarf, it’s obviously inspired by it.”

Seriously? Gaza is the only place where kaffiyehs are made? They wear them from Baghdad to Marakesh, and they’re all made in Gaza and are a symbol of Pali terrorism?

That’s some pretty deranged talk, even by the standards of the ’05 heyday.

Was that before, or after the bike accident?

His rhetoric works for him on every occasion.

For example-

Tennessee state flag – “If it isn’t a genuine nazi flag, it’s obviously inspired by it.”

Menu board – “If it isn’t a genuine laptop with a picture of Weiner’s weiner, it’s obviously inspired by it.”

It requires an absolute minimum of thought so it’s perfect for The Chunkster. 😆

6. Minnow says:

Come on Barry – explain how you were fooled by someone into saying that. Explain how it is we stalkers that are making your life miserable.And, oh by the way…. you sound like QUITE an authority on kaffiyehs…. imagine MY surprise!

7. Minnow says:

miserable

8. Because olo says:

Charles
    2003-04-13 12:52:15
    543,763

Seen in the crowd: tatooed, nose-ringed UCLA peaceniks wearing kaffiyehs, carrying Palestinian flags.

9. Because olo says:

Charles
    2003-10-25 06:56:21

Palestinian flags and kaffiyehs are everywhere.

10. Because olo says:

Charles
    2004-03-11 12:48:37

To those slamming me for “insensitivity” over this post: nonsense. You’re reading things into the post that are not there.

I feel silly even saying this, because it should be self-evident, but of course I do not believe Spain in any way “deserved” what happened, and of course I feel sympathy for the families of the victims. And nothing I wrote suggests otherwise, except in the imagination of my critics.

But I look at the photo of the demonstration above, and it literally turns my stomach to see the symbol of the PLO featured so prominently in a demonstration against terrorism. It’s an outrage.

To those claiming that this is just some sort of innocuous choice of neckwear — please. There are very few Europeans who are unaware of the symbolism of the kaffiyeh.

Notice that back in 2004, people who voiced opposition to his views were “critics”.

Now, they’re “stalkers”.

Go figure…

11. Because olo says:

Charles
    2004-03-22 13:05:23

“TRUTH” (don’t you love these guys with their grandiose handles?) wrote:

“Since when did San Francisco have palm trees?”

If you’re going to San Francisco… be sure to wear a Palestinian kaffiyeh over your hair…

12. Because olo says:

Charles
    2004-08-29 10:26:20

The group chanting “What do we want? Troops out!” was the International Socialist Organization, and quite a few were wearing kaffiyeh.

13. Because cluebat says:

Charles
    2007-07-15 09:25:14

re: #27 mikeysdca

“OK, children, how long is it going to take everyone to learn that not every kaffiyeh is a Palestinian kaffiyeh? Charles, I’m disappointed with you.”

I’ll try to carry on somehow.

14. Because cluebat says:

Charles
    2008-05-24 12:20:28

re: #109 PhoenixMike

“I’m going to have to be more of a Jawa than a Lizard on this one. Not every scarf is a Kaffiyeh.”

That’s OK, you can disagree. I’ve documented a lot of this stuff, though, and there is a definite trend to legitimize the kaffiyeh — and in many cases, it’s happening with full knowledge of its symbolism.

15. Because Onose says:

Charles
    2008-05-29 15:23:46

Here’s another kaffiyeh-type scarf, in a commercial for the Pontiac Vibe featuring rapper “Shwayze”.

Youtube Video

16. Because olo says:

Charles
    2008-05-29 18:36:39

National Palestinian Radio mocks the kaffiyeh kontroversy: Dunkin’ Donuts Scraps Ad over Scarf Criticism : NPR.

This issue must have gone out on one of the left wing action listservers.

17. Because olo says:

Charles
    2009-01-06 20:34:32

Remember how the lefties mocked LGF for criticizing Rachel Ray’s kaffiyeh? And now we see all these Hamas supporters proudly wearing them, all over the world.

But we’re supposed to believe it’s “just a scarf,” and anyone who thinks otherwise is a right wing nutjob.

18. Because olo says:

Exit question: what do flags and kaffiyehs have in common?

19. Minnow says:

Come Barry, we really want to hear your take on all of this. The dissonance and warbling in your brain must be at a fever pitch.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahaa

20. If any of you have a twitter acct. that can break through the cowardly film of @lidane defenselessness, I figured that it might be honorable to let her know that, well…

..she’d taken a little lash out of our dude’s back.. I mean, that shit has got to hurt…

LOL

21. Upon further reflection….OMG …..

….our aspiring twitterwarriors can save that last screencap I left out there to use at any time. I mean, in current context, that makes CJ look like a doofus in virtually any exchange.

It kinda isn’t fair. One can’t read that and then turn around and take one seriously on a myriad of other stances, regardless of disavowment of prior associations.

Really, either you believe the scarf is a symbol of terrorism or you don’t. Bush, Obama etc. doesn’t matter. His opinion should be the same…hmmmm

I noticed that Chuckles hadn’t bleated and complained about stalkers last night.

If our aspiring Twitterwarriors start distributing your screencaps around the Twitterverse today, I think tonight will be a different story. 😆

I remember thinking at the time that Chunky was off-base in tagging the dumb fashion-accessory a terrorist-advertisement. I was seeing them on all the youngsters, at the time, and in the stores my kids were shopping. Kind of how he decided at the same time that any round cross was a symbol of white power, when it was actually an ancient symbol common across many churches, including the St. James Catholic Church around the corner from my house, which has a bunch of those round crosses in their windows. Shaddap, Fatass. Ye knows not of what you blubber, then or now. 😆

23. Because no one's surprised I'm changing my story on this too says:

And not only all of what Chen said, since when is Dunkin’ Donuts considered a “venerable fried dought seller”? I’m 52 and I’ve never considered it anything other than a automated donut process franchiser with bored distracted employees and usually bad coffee.

Heh.

I didn’t notice that.

“the venerable old fired dough seller”.

Now THAT’S what I call bloviating. 😆

TRANSLATION: I’m going to be waddling around the Culver City bungalow without wearing pants tonight. Get ready!

Who the f**k says “groovy” nowadays?

I know Chunky is trying to establish some sort of left-wing hippie bonafides but c’mon…

That’s just lame.

It’s like having your dad trying to “talk your lingo” when you were a teenager to show how “hip’ and “with it” he was. 😆

26. KGB says:

23 Skidoo!

• Because no one's surprised I'm changing my story on this too says:

Chunk is so rad. He’s like tubular. Or actually more spherical.

27. doppel milyo says:

28. Because meanwhile in Chicago, it's freezing... says:

29. ChenZhen says:

Whoa I was a little drunk last night when I wrote all that

30. KGB says:

“Who people are deranged”? I just figured Daedalus had ghost written that for you.

I was drunk last night, too, celebrating the baby’s 21st birthday in a karaoke bar in Huntington Beach. Blue Moon, Fireballs and some kind of root beer flavored stuff. Must go hit the gym now, and show the kids how we pay for our sins. 🙂

Kudos to Lidane for this one, and to Chen for the vivid juxtaposition.

• doppel milyo says:

I would say that Lidane has egg on her face, but she never leaves even a trace of food on her person.

PS: HI LETITIA !!

I understand she not only licks her own plate, but those of the surrounding diners, as well. People don’t like that. It’s off-putting, especially to possible employers.

• Because says:

Gus gets it.

• Because no one's surprised I'm changing my story on this too says:

I tried to get drunk last night but the wife and I were playing a little jazz with a bass player friend and went out to eat after with his wife to one of their favorite Mexican places. I ordered this thing called a Pandrella or something and it came with beef, chicken and shrimp. So I said can you just make it chicken and beef. So it comes out and it’s like a fajita with the wraps. Instead of the shrimp they threw a small steak on top of the heap of fajita fixins which already included steak and chicken.

When I got home (with half left of what I ordered) I made a martini, took one sip and slept until like 3 am. No drunky for me.

I’ve been eating my way across the country, and it’s starting to show. I’m going to have to step up the exercise, or risk ending up like Dear Fatass. Having a drink or two with every meal is not a pannus-ea for staying fit, either, but the temptation to live like a modern-day king on vacation is strong. We have another dinner appointment with friends we haven’t seen for 15 years tonight, and they insisted we come to their house for pre-game drinks before the restaurant. Oy.

Lidane, here’s your new workout plan. Get on it, girl!

• Because no one's surprised I'm changing my story on this too says:

Poor girl. She works and works it but she still never works her butt off. 🙂

Reading through some philosophical musings on science at the great website, “Brain Pickings,” and came across this gem from Richard Feynman. Try to consider the slogans of the AGW-boondogglers, in relation to these words. The science is settled, they said. There’s a 97% consensus among scientists, they said. And then…18 years of no warming, globally. Much longer than that, for the USA. No predictive ability whatsoever, for the computer models. Shame and derision, but still the leftist AGW-hysterics are gobbling from the public trough.

A scientist is never certain. We all know that. We know that all our statements are approximate statements with different degrees of certainty; that when a statement is made, the question is not whether it is true or false but rather how likely it is to be true or false. ‘Does God exist?’ When put in the questional form, ‘how likely is it?’ It makes such a terrifying transformation of the religious point of view, and that is why the religious point of view is unscientific. We must discuss each question within the uncertainties that are allowed.

[…]

We absolutely must leave room for doubt or there is no progress and there is no learning. There is no learning without having to pose a question. And a question requires doubt. People search for certainty. But there is no certainty. People are terrified — how can you live and not know? It is not odd at all. You only think you know, as a matter of fact. And most of your actions are based on incomplete knowledge and you really don’t know what it is all about, or what the purpose of the world is, or know a great deal of other things. It is possible to live and not know.

Hang in there, Lidane.

The Big C will forgive you.

And every lizard would give their left nut to be featured here.

Troll Alert! WOOT-WOOT-WOOT!!

Chunky’s gonna have to start attacking Bill Maher, now, over his NSA-themed treachery. There is no alternative. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/07/12/maher_rips_useless_obama_hacks_over_nsa_spying_liberals_would_be_apoplectic_under_bush.html

Maher Rips “Useless Obama Hacks” Over NSA Spying: “Liberals Would Be Apoplectic” Under Bush

This is exactly what they said they weren’t going to do. Just, you know, be nosy and look into the lives of private people for their own shits and giggles. And I just want to say, if this were happening under Bush, liberals would be apoplectic. I’m sorry, but liberals are just sometimes useless Obama hacks without a shred of intellectual honesty. (HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher, July 11, 2014)

“useless Obama hacks without a shred of intellectual honesty “…yeah, he’s talking directly about you, Fuckface. 😆

36. ISpeakJive says:

This made me laugh:

SEZ GREENWALD, ET AL.

37. ISpeakJive says:

Don’t you want to just smoosh a grapefruit in both their faces? Metaphorically, of course.

OMG, the libturd knee-jerk. Sanctimony on steroids. 😆

Funny how the Real World never benefits from proggie proselytizing, isn’t it? Not funny-haha, but funny-stupid.

• Because says:

Grapefruit? Is that what you call horse apples?

Screw fair trade coffee beans.

Coffee beans must be hand picked by Juan Valdez as he is lashed by an evil overseer in the employ of one of the evil capitalist coffee conglomerates!

And then he must service the donkey, for our amusement. While we drink delicious iced coffee drinks, sitting on the backs of his women and children, who must remain on all fours and serve as human furniture until the show is over. Then they can go. We aren’t monsters.

• Because says:

So Obama is rescuing Juan from the Donkey Show with his secret amnesty thing?

More projection from Porky Icarus, who tossed Israel under the bus along with the rest of his pre-Moronic Conversion principles.

39. Minnow says:

Barry, so glad to be in your head.

Hahahahahahahaha