And now for something completely different

Hey, who else could go for some flapjacks a quick statistics post right now?

This time something different, the ever evolving time of day pattern of LGF posts down through the ages. In the chart below, each blue dot represents the date and time something got posted on the LGF front page.

tod

If you study it closely, or not at all, various questions arise, all ripe for groundless speculation. For instance:

• What’s up with the 3AM postings in early 2008?
  • Why the unprecedented 11PM posting frenzy in 2009-10?
  • And the dearth of activity between 9-11PM during the same period?
  • What’s that thin area at about 4:30PM from ’08 through ’12? Siesta?
  • Has CJ not taken a single day away from LGF in 10 years?
  • Afternoons in late ’05, not much. Same time in ’06 you got rush hour.
  • 2004-2008, first post NLT 8AM. Abrupt change to 9AM in ’09, now past 10AM

And finally, as you scan across the years you can’t help but notice that content is indeed getting a little thin.

111 Comments on “And now for something completely different”

1. Minnow says:

Hey Barry, I can see a picture of the Mother Mary in that plot. Just thought you should know.

I see Mickey Mouse, pleasuring a goat.

• Because Milyo says:

That’s not a Rorschach blot, but…

How many penis penis penis lols do you count?

What I see is a woman’s butt, with her legs going off to the right. But my shrink already told me I’m obsessively hetero.

• Abu Self-Diagnosed Because (liberal) Men Give Me the Creeps says:

Really? Diagnosed as obsessively hetero? Good on you, mate. Me too, in case anyone wondered.
        penis penis penis lol

3. Whatever Man says:

Well, I, for one, as a duly sworn sockpuppet of Apollodorus V, find this diagram truly fascinating. I can only assume that the complete disinterest is due to it remaining the top post for only about 4 minutes around midnight on a Tuesday before Daedalus posted over it. There can be no other explanation.

• Grinning Cat says:

Oh dear. Thread scheduling is important 😦

There’s a funny band of 11 pm – 12 am activity in late 2008-2010 as the big parting of ways was happening.

• Abu Thomas says:

Methinks there are several socks using your nic. More than one avatar, no?

4. buzzsawmonkey says:

The 11 PM posting frenzy in 2009 was probably due to the late-night Salamantis evolution/quasi-scientific drivel threads that were popular back then.

5. windbag says:

Content thin. Charles not.

Perhaps we should reschedule/repost the awesome dotcalypse.

What’s up with the 3AM postings in early 2008?

Is there any way to check those out? That’s an interesting blip on the record. Somebody had some insomnia, which I get occasionally these days.

Bunk X :

YAY! The world is righteous again, and the BRC lives.

I’ll always be grateful to the BRC for their help on my Rathergate post. Daedalus and Bunk will remember my email to them especially on the throbbing memo when I said to them – “Are you guys seeing what I’m seeing? ” And they both said “Holy shit!”

9. calo says:

Wasn’t that about the time when “fruitcups” got posted?

The photog who captured Obama’s selfie-moment at Mandela’s memorial is mortified! 😦

Yeah – oh, Michelle wasn’t upset
      Bullshit she wasn’t. I’ve had my criticisms of her, but she had a sense of the place, and her asshole husband acting like he was with his homies backstage at a Justin Beiber concert at the funeral of the most significant Black leader since Martin Luther King no doubt rubbed her completely the wrong way.

Which is why I don’t really think those two are really in a marriage at all. They are a partnership of political convenience like the Clintons. You can see the difference when you look at Laura and George Bush. Or Ronald and Nancy Reagan. You can see and feel the love.

I agree completely, they don’t seem like a “real couple” at all. Someday the truth will come out. Love the way his face lights up for the camera, taking those selfies! 🙂

3 am is 9 am in NY.

Minions.

Working for the Clampdown.

• Stonemason says:

To pick nits, 3 am west coast is 6 am east coast. I was thinking more along the lines of England/Scotland being the origination of those posts. Wasn’t that when the weasel was taking over?

12. Abu oyliM says:

The first 9 posts were from 12/3. Am I missing something?

Yes. Everyone preposted comments except for you. We were all snickering behind the woodshed waiting for you to show up.

This post got accidentally stepped on, and Daedalus (and others) thought it should get reposted for more airtime.

• calo says:

It’s a repost of an an old post that was looking for a fresh perspective.

So, your peepers are still good. 🙂

13. Whatever Man says:

It occurs to me that a similar diagram showing the posting time of each comment would be even more incredibly fascinating than the one atop this post. It would interesting to see the rise and fall of the ONDTs. On the other hand, 10000000 points are more challenging to plot than 43000.

I noticed the amount of posts between 2004 and 2009 in the the 6 AM to 9 AM slot were extremely heavy but then drop off dramatically going into 2010 and beyond.

My theory is that a lot of people who had jobs posted while having their morning coffee then were off to work.

Post 2009, the employed folks were all purged from The Bog leaving only the unemployable dregs that frequent that dump to this day.

They of course, don’t even wake up until at least 10 or 11 Am. 😆

Chunky, (who never reads here) has an explanation as to why the above graph shows a dramatic thinning of content over the years:

Gus – maybe your sister got tired of you mooching free internet and bought a “slower” package from ATT.

16. dwells38 says:

It’s the blog inverse square law. As a body moves away from gravitas and personal integrity the density of blog posts decreases. Especially a really fat ponytailed Chunky body.

17. OLT's Not Above Toilet Humor says:

Personally, I think the streaks should be brown.

18. OLT's Discounting Friction Again, Mom says:

I will just assume that the relatively clear band around 4:30 pm starting about Jan. 2007 would yield an approximate time it takes to waddle from the dual 30″ Apple POS to the mailbox, stick one orange-dusted paw deeeeeep up in there, and feel around morosely for a royalty check (or residuals, or whatever non-working musicians pray for) and maybe a postcard from Nelson Mandela (whom I know personally, having met him on tour with Morgan Fairchild (whom I have had SEX with)) and them waddle back, disappointed.

The gradual widening of the band would indicate that delta t(waddling) increased over time with mass, such that the equation of immobility would be of the form delta t(waddling) ~ f(Cheetos+Dew) – log(base n)(frozen salmon) plus (and this is a mere theory) an effect of the Un-Mata-Hari that would look something like the weakening of a magnetic field with distance (inverse affect according to distance squared).

Then again, it could just be that a Rascal scooter can only take so much.

I concur with OLT’s analysis, and I too have had sex with Ms. Fairchild. But that was long ago, before she banged Jon Lovitz during a harsh lull in her career.

Now, why isn’t this sign language interpreter working for Obama yet? Seems perfect for the job. http://www.buzzfeed.com/catesevilla/the-sign-language-interpretater-at-mandelas-memorial-was-a-f

• dwells38 says:

Is it just me or is there ALWAYS some kind of big audacious right in the open lie when it comes to leftist governments, be it policies, events, initiatives, pledges?

Well, they always have The Big Lie, which is the main governing principle of socialism/communism. Then, because oh what a tangled web be weaved, you have a host of ancillary lies feeding into the Big One. You could draw a helluva diagram illustrating this feature of the Obama administration.

dwells38 :

Leftist DNA.

20. OLT's Christmass Wish says:

So much algebra on this blog today. Thank you, BRC. As someone who has often been called an asshole, it’s great to see assholes working together to either correct or endorse other assholes’ assholishness.

In this assholiday season, let us keep in mind those assholes that haven’t graced us with their presence lately, and wish them well.

When I’m called some vulgar name by the trolls only four times in a seven-day period, I see it as a slow week.

22. Captain Death says:

iSpeakJive :
    Wasn’t it a little old lady of some sort?

Yes it was Little Old Lady

The Vanilla Danish nontroversy explained?

That was deep. Very interesting responses/non-responses.

• dwells38 says:

Nice to know the average black person is more intelligent and fair minded than every single host on AMESSNBC. But not surprising.

• Because says:

The more important lesson is that different people react differently to the same thing. We saw good behavior, and not-so-good behavior. We saw individuals being individuals.

To listen to lefties, black people are all clones who don’t think, and all react the same way to a situation. There are no individuals in the lefty worldview, only group members.

Here’s the full text from the Seattle Craigslist ad below:

Yoga mat for sale. Used once. – $1 (Bellevue)

Yoga mat for sale. Used once at lunch hour class in December 2009. Usage timeline as follows:

11:45a
    Register for hot yoga class. Infinite wisdom tells me to commit to 5 class package and purchase a yoga mat. I pay $89.74. Money well spent, I smugly confirm to myself.

11:55a
    Open door to yoga room. A gush of hot dry air rushes through and past me. It smells of breath, sweat and hot. Take spot on floor in back of room next to cute blonde. We will date.

11:57a
    I feel the need to be as near to naked as possible. This is a problem because of the hot blonde to my left and our pending courtship. She will not be pleased to learn that I need to lose 30 pounds before I propose to her.

11:58a
    The shirt and sweats have to come off. I throw caution to the wind and decide to rely on my wit and conditioning to overcome any weight issues my fiancée may take issue with. This will take a lot of wit and conditioning.

11:59a
    Begin small talk with my bride to be. She pretends to ignore me but I know how she can be. I allow her to concentrate and stare straight ahead and continue to pretend that I don’t exist. As we finish sharing our special moment, I am suddenly aware of a sweat moustache that has formed below my nose. This must be from the all the whispering between us.

12:00p
    Instructor enters the room and ascends her special podium at the front of the room. She is a slight, agitated Chinese woman. She introduces me to the class and everyone turns around to greet me just as I decide to aggressively adjust my penis and testes packed in my Under Armor. My bride is notably unfazed.

12:02p
    Since I do have experience with Hot Yoga (4 sessions just 5 short years ago) I fully consider that I may be so outstanding and skilled that my instructor may call me out and ask me to guide the class. My wife will look on with a sparkle in her eye. We will make love after class.

12:10p
    It is now up to 95 degrees in the room. We have been practicing deep breathing exercises for the last 8 minutes. This would not be a problem if we were all breathing actual, you know, oxygen. Instead, we are breathing each other’s body odor, expelled carbon dioxide and other unmentionables. (Don’t worry, I’ll mention them later.)

12:26p
    It is now 100 degrees and I take notice of the humidity, which is hovering at about 90%. I feel the familiar adorning stare of my bride and decide to look back at her. She appears to be nauseated. I then realize that I forgot to brush my teeth prior to attending this class. We bond.

12:33p
    It is now 110 degrees and 95% humidity. I am now balancing on one leg with the other leg crossed over the other. My arms are intertwined and I am squatting. The last time I was in this position was 44 years ago in the womb, but I’m in this for the long haul. My wife looks slightly weathered dripping sweat and her eyeliner is streaming down her face. Well, “for better or worse” is what we committed to so we press on.

12:40p
    The overweight Hispanic man two spots over has sweat running down his legs. At least I think its sweat. He is holding every position and has not had a sip of water since we walked in. He is making me look bad and I hate him.

12:44p
    I consider that if anyone in this room farted that we would all certainly perish.

12:52p
    It is now 140 degrees and 100% humidity. I am covered from head to toe in sweat. There is not a square millimeter on my body that is not slippery and sweaty. I am so slimy that I feel like a sea lion or a maybe sea eel. Not even a bear trap could hold me. The sweat is stinging my eyeballs and I can no longer see.

12:55p
    This room stinks of asparagus, cloves, tuna and tacos. There is no food in the room. I realize that this is an amalgamation of the body odors of 30 people in a 140 degree room for the last 55 minutes. Seriously, enough with the asparagus, ok?

1:01p
    140 degrees and 130% humidity. Look, bitch, I need my space here so don’t get all pissy with me if I accidentally sprayed you with sweat as I flipped over. Seriously, is that where this relationship is going? Get over yourself. We need counseling and she needs to be medicated. Stat!

1:09p
    150 degrees and cloudy. And hot. I can no longer move my limbs on my own. I have given up on attempting any of the commands this Chinese chick is yelling out at us. I will lay sedentary until the aid unit arrives. I will buy this building and then have it destroyed.
    I lose consciousness.

1:15p
    I have a headache and my wife is being a selfish bitch. I can’t really breathe. All I can think about is holding a cup worth of hot sand in my mouth. I cannot remember what an ice cube is and cannot remember what snow looks like. I consider that my only escape might be a crab walk across 15 bodies and then out of the room. I am paralyzed, and may never walk again so the whole crab walk thing is pretty much out.

1:17p
    I cannot move at all and cannot reach my water. Is breathing voluntary or involuntary? If it’s voluntary, I am screwed. I stopped participating in the class 20 minutes ago. Hey, lady! I paid for this frickin class, ok?! You work for me! Stop yelling at everyone and just tell us a story or something. It’s like juice and cracker time, ok?

1:20p
    It is now 165 degrees and moisture is dripping from the ceiling. The towel that I am laying on is no longer providing any wicking or drying properties. It is actually placing additional sweat on me as I touch it. My towel reeks. I cannot identify the smell but no way can it be from me. Did someone spray some stank on my towel or something?

1:30p
    Torture session is over. I wish hateful things upon the instructor. She graciously allows us to stay and ‘cool down’ in the room. It is 175 degrees. Who cools down in 175 degrees? A Komodo Dragon? My wife has left the room. Probably to throw up.

1:34p
    My opportunity to escape has arrived. I roll over to my stomach and press up to my knees. It is warmer as I rise up from ground level – probably by 15 degrees. So let’s conservatively say it’s 190. I muster my final energy and slowly rise. One foot in front of the other. One foot in front of the other. Towards the door. Towards the door.

1:37p
    The temperature in the lobby is 72 degrees. Both nipples stiffen to diamond strength and my penis begins to retract into my abdomen from the 100 degree temp swing. I can once again breathe though so I am pleased. I spot my future ex wife in the lobby. We had such a good thing going but I know that no measure of counseling will be able to unravel the day’s turmoil and mental scaring.

1:47p
    Arrive at Emerald City Smoothie and proceed to order a 32 oz beverage. 402 calories, 0 fat and 14 grams of protein — effectively negating any caloric burn or benefit from the last 90 minutes. I finish it in 3 minutes and spend the next 2 hours writing this memoir.

3:47p
    Create Craigslist ad while burning final 2 grams of protein from Smoothie and before the “shakes” consume my body.

4:29p
    Note to self – check car for missing wet yoga towel in am.

Just kidding…here’s my actual wife:

Somehow, my life has been consumed with working a full-time job, raising 5 kids and being a Mom at home. It’s never occurred to me to carve out hours away from home at the gym or yoga palace. Dear Abby, what am I doing wrong?

Dear Rightymouse In Ohio,

Wake up and smell the coffee, sister. You’ve been living for others your whole life, supporting and nurturing the children and that hubby of yours, who’s probably got his neck in a brace from watching too many yoga videos on the Youtube. Meanwhile, your liberal sister in Cinci just buried her third rich significant other, and she’s dating her yoga teacher. Who’s a blonde chick, age 25. It’s hot, but it’s very, very cool.

• daffy duck says:

26. Because dude, it's like ... Thursday says:

Ahem

27. Robert says:

LOL Charles is flipping out over Twitter’s new blocking system.

28. ISTE says:

Lee Stranahan needs your money!

• ISTE says:

Um… I bet I could get more money than Stranahan if I offered to shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down and publish squat until 2015.

Hey donate $50 and you won’t get any posts from me, any emails or tweets until 2015.

• Daedalus says:

He’s a scam artist and a scumbag liar.

29. Because Lulz says:

I still think that graph looks like a woman’s butt and legs, with the toosh on the left.

30. Because I Hates it! says:

31. Because I Hates it! says:

32. Because I Hates it! says:

33. livefreeor die says:

So what exactly did Twitter do with the block feature?

34. Daedalus says:

ISTE :

I would rather give you money to post. 🙂

In a just world, Stranaham would be in jail.

35. Whatever man says:

Twitter caved in and reverted back to their old blocking policy. Chucky can stop whining now.

• Because says:

Proving that sometimes peeing one’s pants accomplishes something.

• livefreeor die says:

Okay-now Chuck can ponder how rude it is to take selfies and flirt with co-workers during a funeral.

• Because says:

If front of your wife, no less. Your wife who was NOT pleased, to see you flirting with a blond Nordic babe 6 years younger than you who looks like somebody right out of a Wagner opera.

Ain’t it so, Chunk?

• iSpeakJive says:

Obama and that Danish PM made a cute couple. First time Obama has enjoyed himself around a female in a very, very long time, I’m guessing.

Moochelle knows the First Unicorn doesn’t swing that way. She was pissed about something else. Her soft-boiled egg wasn’t nearly soft enough that morning! Aides had to rescue the chef…

36. swamprat says:

charles is sure upset that twitter disabled the twitter gulag service.
    See? If you can’t play nice your toys will be taken away.

Quick charles! Dana Loesh is stalkable again!

BraSnap away!

37. livefreeor die says:

Wow, looking at his twitter theater, he really obsessed over this blocking thing.
    That old bike injury must be acting up.

This is the record of a very mentally-ill person. This is what his life has come to, after 60 years on the planet.

Lizardoid’s Twitterwarrior Theatre
    @sherifffruitfly They should care more about nurturing a healthy community, and less about the feelings of rage-a-holics. 1 minute ago
    I’m just sayin’ – it seems like there’s still a very basic problem in the way Twitter is approaching the problem of stalking and harassment. 4 minutes ago
    So to recap: Twitter says the current system isn’t ideal because harassers and their friends don’t like it. 12 minutes ago
    @QuadCityPat Responding to this: “Not ideal due to retaliation against blocking users by blocked users (& sometimes their friends).” 13 minutes ago
    Uh, @twitter? If a blocked user & their friends get angry & start harrassing even more, that might be a sign you should take action. 15 minutes ago
    Netflix moment averted. littlegreenfootballs.com/article/42863_… 20 minutes ago
    RT @safety: We’re reverting the changes to block functionality. blog.twitter.com/2013/reverting… 23 minutes ago
    I confirmed that Twitter reinstated the block feature by unfollowing @ggreenwald, then trying to follow him again. Denied. 24 minutes ago
    Twitter’s Redesigned Block Feature Is a Stalker’s Delight – Update: Twitter Reinstates the Block Feature lgf.bz/18FvnSI 26 minutes ago
    Yep. Confirmed. Twitter has reinstituted the block feature. 27 minutes ago

• Whatever man says:

If I didn’t know better, I’d say those sound like the whines of a petulant, paranoid control freak.

Oh, wait.

Bunk X :
    And Arachne, you ARE a member of the BRC. Once you accept the invite, there’s no exit but through the trap door behind the Blogmocracy Rec Room couch hidden underneath the
    cat stuff.

There is no escape from “The Boiler Room”. 😆

40. OLT's Is Stalking Stalkers Stalking? says:

OMG, the butthurt* coming from Stalker Charles Johnson, who stalked either directly or via proxy hundreds if not THOUSANDS of banned users of his blog is just extravagant.

I thought Stalker Charles was just sexless, but it appears that he’s gone full-up stompy foot pouty face drag show queen ghey. And YES, there IS something wrong with that when you’re a ponytailed emopotamus. It’s ugly, and no one needs to see it.

This is rich, though, coming from @dickc, the Lefty Twitter abuser’s best friend and keeper of the much-beloved-by-Stalker-Charles Twitter “gulag”:

>b>It’s the “what you don’t know won’t hurt you” approach to combating harassment. Twitter spokesperson Jim Prosser says Twitter made the change because it thinks it will cut down on the vitriol, anger, and resentful Jezebel articles that result from knowing you’ve been blocked. “Now when you block a user, they cannot tell that you’ve blocked them,” tweeted Twitter CEO Dick Costolo. “It was a longstanding request from users of block.”

The money quote here is ” longstanding request from users of block” – that would be Stalker Charles and his reply trap friends.

Since Stalker Charles never reads here, I can’t tell him to shove it up his ass. I guess the training wheel would be in the way, anyway.

*I do not use this ridiculous word

41. OLT's Thar Jes' Ain't Enuff Cotton Hyar, George says:

Whatever man :
    Oh, wait.

Two poor Southerners, no doubt paid much less than minimum wage, labor under the scorching sun stuffing tampons for Stalker Charles’ cavernous mangina:

42. I am reading this excellent blog for awhile now and it is always worth a read.

I am hoping to read more posts in the style of your previous
    one.

43. Pearl says:

In the words of Jack Kerouac: “It’s not what you write, it’s the way you write it.” Well, you do it well!I honestly can’t decide if to
    share this website with my buddies or keep it as my private secret…