And now for something completely differentPosted: December 11, 2013
Hey, who else could go for some flapjacks a quick statistics post right now?
This time something different, the ever evolving time of day pattern of LGF posts down through the ages. In the chart below, each blue dot represents the date and time something got posted on the LGF front page.
If you study it closely, or not at all, various questions arise, all ripe for groundless speculation. For instance:
- What’s up with the 3AM postings in early 2008?
- Why the unprecedented 11PM posting frenzy in 2009-10?
- And the dearth of activity between 9-11PM during the same period?
- What’s that thin area at about 4:30PM from ’08 through ’12? Siesta?
- Has CJ not taken a single day away from LGF in 10 years?
- Afternoons in late ’05, not much. Same time in ’06 you got rush hour.
- 2004-2008, first post NLT 8AM. Abrupt change to 9AM in ’09, now past 10AM
And finally, as you scan across the years you can’t help but notice that content is indeed getting a little thin.