A Report From The Boiler Room

Graph Courtesy of The Boiler Room Crew

Courtesy of The Boiler Room Crew

Although most of the fun is gone, I spent some time and updated my LGF comment stats. As expected, the numbers continue their steady decline into oblivion.

The attached charts are pretty self-explanatory. I’ll explain them anyway.

The average weekly comment chart shows that even the election season couldn’t reverse the downward trend, now entering its 5th year. Without the election, the decline would likely have been steeper. Has LGF hit bottom yet? 2013 may tell.

Maybe Charles will work on getting some new voices in there to liven up the conversation. Only 192 new posters showed up in 2012, down slightly from the 4171 new posters in 2007.

I also have some interesting ‘per character’ stats. Posting rates, karma trends, etc. Gus stories are always fun. I’ll send those later.

BRC Engineer No. 5

42 Comments on “A Report From The Boiler Room”

Has LGF hit bottom yet? 2013 may tell.

And we’ll be there, laughing and mocking. 😀

2. J. P. Moar Guns says:

Exponential decay. It keeps going until the last quantum goes poof.

3. trebob says:

Love stats! Thanks BRC. Have really missed those guys.

4. doppelmilyo says:

this graph says

LET US REGISTER SOME NEW SOCKS !!!

5. doppelmilyo says:

Charles

take comfort. hiding the decline will become unnecessary when the number of views reaches zero

soon pal

6. J. P. Moar Guns says:

So now he’s trashing the dead mom.

7. J. P. Moar Guns says:

Did somebody give him some Ritalin or something?

8. Medchemmer says:

Haven’t been here in a while. Is LGF still considered a website?

• J. P. Moar Guns says:

http replies, so there’s something out there that answers to that name.

Of course, LGF is also the Lesbian-Gay Alliance (and Lionsgate Films)

9. Zimriel says:

2009 to now, how many of those “new accounts” were old lizards registering troll accounts?

I mean, if I’m a leftist on Huffington Post, or (more likely in my case) Pharyngula, why would I start an account at LGF? In this persona I’m already posting at HuffPo and Pharyngula. I can get an actual debate over there, with smart people (if smug and leftist). At LGF I’d be surrounded by mentally-diseased freaks.

I don’t see why anyone would start an account in post-2008 LGF unless he is also a person with Problems.

10. windbag says:

Analyzing the Chuckles Funny Farm is like wiping your ass when you’re sick with diarrhea. The amount of shit on the paper keeps diminishing, but there always seems to be more. Just when you think you’ve got it, oooops, there’s some more smelly shit to wipe away.

11. garycooper says:

F’ing Denise, the “sex therapist,” won “Survivor.” Tell me she didn’t do nuthin’ along the way, to further her cause. Go on, I’m listening! Oh, and handies do count, even during a rainstorm. 😉

I’m sorry I still watch that shitshow. 😳

I’m proud to say that I have never, ever watched an episode of Survivor. 😀

As an addendum to my comment, I have to say I was lucky in my effort to never watch an episode of Survivor.

I was not under the pressure of wife/girlfriend and kids to watch it.

I suspect that the females of our species are compelled to watch shows like Survivor and that the men of the house must watch also to ensure household harmony.

However, I must give gary and others where females outnumber males in their households a warning.

Survivor is a “gateway” show that;ll lead you to becoming addicted to watching shows like “American Idol”, “The X Factor” and “America’s Got Talent”.

Stay strong and resist for if you fail and start watching, you’ll ultimately get hooked on “Dancing With The Stars” and all will be lost! 😀

• garycooper says:

All of that has happened to me…let my sad life serve as a lesson to you. The one show I was spared was “Dancing With The Stars,” but I actually tuned in myself one year to see the Fat Kirstie Alley try to break her partner in half. She succeeded, too.

I must admit in the the spirit of fairness that I did watch one season of American Idol.

The girl who was living with me at the time was a fan and in the spirit of fairness and harmony I watched to my everlasting humiliation and shame.

The things men do to please and make happy, the fairer sex…. *sigh* 😀

12. garycooper says:

Chunky’s numbers…yeesh, not too good, Fatass. Seppuku is a bitch, eh? Really sorry about that. That Soros pay well? No, not so good? Damn, that sucks. 😦

13. garycooper says:

Here’s a kiss goodnight for y’all:

14. garycooper says:

Yes, ladies too. Don’t be such sexist prudes! You kissed a girl, and ya liked it. Taste of her Cherry Chapstick. 🙂

I’m curious about how many of the 192 new commenters are left as of today.

I’d guess that out of that number, at least half were sock puppets and most of the rest were run off by the paranoid scrutiny of BiCuriousLurker and BenchWench. 😆

Chuckie tweets:

“You can see how much these kinds of speeches are weighing on him. 10 hours ago”

Awwwwwwwwwww…he’s in love. How adorable…. 😆

You can also see how the mass consumption of Cheetos is “weighing” on The Chunkster.

He fills the void in his heart caused by The Choomster’s refusal to acknowledge his man-crush with those tasty orange cheese puffs nutrition bars. 😆

Yeah. I remember his heartfelt speech a few hours after Benghazi. I also remember all the heartfelt speeches he’s given after weekends of violent gun death in Chicago.

Just like Kerry remembered NIXON sent him to Cambodia.

• trebob says:

Pardon me for saying so, but isn’t this a little below the President’s pay scale? It’s a tragedy of course, but this seemed to me to be something the Governor of the State should do not the Pres.

This is one more way that Obama is putting the D.C. gang into everything that goes right and wrong in the country.

How hypocritical is it for anyone (especially Charles) to honk and bleat about politicizing the shooting when Obama did that in a major way in his little speech at the memorial service?

• dwells38 says:

Yeah. And what about the rampant black on black gun crime in Chicago and Philly. Those teenage gang members have registered guns? I don’t think so. What are new laws gonna do about that except embolden them that they’ll meet no opposition when they attack law abiding businesses and individuals?

• garycooper says:

Yeah, it’s killing him! But, too slowly… (j/k, secret service)

17. dwells38 says:

Obama: ‘These Tragedies Must End’

Wow. Obama’s so awsome he’s going to end tragedies. Now that’s presidential leadership right there.

18. I am eagerly waiting for your comment rates and posting trends. I thought there will be more comments because of the doomsday(Today!) thingy.

19. nhlady says:

After the way he treat his supporters back in 2007, it’s no wonder LGF went downhill. I was one of the people he mocked and blocked back then when he transformed into a barking moonbat.