The Pulsating Photographic Genius of Charles Johnson – July Edition

Remember when The Greatest Mind of the Blogosphere bought a camera, took pictures, and presented them as magnificent works of Prescient Art?  The LGF 2010 Calendar is still for sale, and it ships in 2 to 5 business days.

[Related posts here, here and, um, here.]

27 Comments on “The Pulsating Photographic Genius of Charles Johnson – July Edition”

Pulsating photographic genius isn’t a crowd pleaser.

Throbbing photographic genius would’ve made those calendars fly off the shelves.

2. haysoos says:

brown acid

3. gulfloafer says:

I remember those pictures he used to take. “Sprocket”, Rusty Hinge”, etc. Posters would be falling all over themselves complementing on them. Me? I used to piss my pants laughing at the absurdity of it all.

4. doppelganger says:

I did enjoy the Super tankers pics, not because they were good photos, but because the blog was a cool place to be back then

this guy is so arrogant he actually thinks he has talent.
    want to see real talented people?
    look here http://www.flickr.com/explore/

I know a bit about photography and personally have 30 some photos that made the explore page.

Charles’ photos suck

• haysoos says:

it was a cool place back then, agreed…
      but the blog was owned by the people that posted…
      CJ’s frail insecurity ruined it….his current posters know nothing of those days

Some still remember what it was like. They stayed and survived the various purges by selling their souls and their friends. Dang. Sounds like the Soviet Union under Stalin. 🙄

• Rose says:

It’s pretty hard to explain the effect he had on people – the cruelty, the angst, the sense of belonging and betrayal, the people who stood by in horror as their friends were dressed down and then decimated before their eyes. It took the better part of the year for people to get past that effect. Though it was an amorphous virtual world, human nature ran the gamut as if it was a real world. The Id. CJ encouraged cage fighting, and snark, and it had an effect. He’s very sick. IMO.

5. mrpaulrevere says:

These 8 updingers are now on the scheiss list:

majii Mon, Jul 2, 2012 11:43:22am

down
    up

I’m a Black American, and Cantor’s tweet doesn’t offend me. I think he meant the ACA should be called what he thinks/says it is–the ‘largest tax increase on the middle class in American history,’ although it’s not. That he deleted the tweet himself says that he knew he used the wrong word (spade) to make his point. This also informs me that he is sensitive about not coming off as being a racist. The only thing I want Cantor and the other republicans in Congress to do in regard to the ACA is to tell the truth, but I’m not holding my breath.

• mrpaulrevere says:

Charles is a very special man, he has super attenuated hearing that picks up racist dog whistles even blacks folks don’t hear!

6. theebl says:

Actually is ships in 3-5 business days. But if you are stupid enough to buy it you are stupid enough to wait an extra day.

7. garycooper says:

I used to work with an older guy who was famous for dating much-younger women, and once I jokingly asked him his secret. He said, “I never go out looking for love, without having a bunch of twenty-dollar bills pinned all over me. Works like a charm.”

I’m pretty sure he was exaggerating. A little.

Uh. No. He wasn’t exaggerating. My boss is an elderly gentleman & he’s on his 3rd wife who is almost 30 years younger than him. Ask me if I think it’s true love or his money on her part? 🙄

• garycooper says:

I know what you mean, Mouse. I see these guys with their child-brides, and I think to myself, “Does he really think she’s with him because she’s all in love and stuff?” Some guys say it doesn’t matter, ‘cuz she’s hot. It would matter to me. It does matter to me…took me several years, to get my wife to worship and adore me properly. 😉

8. garycooper says:

“Rusty Hinge” made me LOL the first time I saw it. I recall thinking, “Boy, this guy is getting a little too much positive-reinforcement, for his artistry.

9. garycooper says:

“Clean Sprocket” was another epic, a staggering work of heartbreaking genius. 😆

I used to take his ugly picture posts as open threads and just enjoy the company. He ruined that for us with lies and reprehensible behavior.

• haysoos says:

every thread was just company to me…I never took all the subject disagreement personally…I was more into personalities than ideology…if you are a conservative, you can always change affiliation…but if you’re an asshole, your stuck

• Rufus T. Rumpswab says:

This is true. Some people were there for the chat, and occasionally the chat would spill over into politics. There was a common language built around islamism that glues the social unit together, but many threads were just chat rooms.

I remember the “deep thread” that got to 5000 comments. That was just for grins. Nothing to do with politics.

11. haysoos says:

Rufus T. Rumpswab :

and CJ in all his brilliance tossed it all away, claiming he was duped…
    really Charles, do you even believe that?

• Rufus T. Rumpswab says:

I don’t think he ever liked the people there. He wanted a hippy blog, and ended up with a flyover blog. It was successful by the numbers, but he didn’t like it. They were never his kind of people, and he was never theirs. So he rarely commented, and the blog ran itself. At least until some fights broke out.

I think when Obama won, he finally said “fukitall”, mostly because he never liked the people there to begin with, even the ass-kissers. the ones there to chat were still flyover, and he just didn’t like them. It’s as simple as that.

12. Kirlz says:

Ugh. Pulsating, throbbing CFnJ. Where’s the brain bleach??

How soon before Chunky’s magnum opus of photo essays “Ode to Cheetos” makes its debut?