Who knew Charles was a giant of the truckstop industry?

In addition to being a failed jazz artist, a preacher, a gospel singer, a baseball legend and many other things, it seems that Charles also has his fingers in the truckstop industry. Who knows what else this man is capable of?

I believe that Cheetos are on sale in the convenience store side of the building.

The actual website is here. In all honesty, this is one of the last of the old school truckstops. Excellent food and service. Highly recommended if you are on Interstate 25 south of Loveland CO.

BTW, this is post number 2000 on Diary of Daedalus.

77 Comments on “Who knew Charles was a giant of the truckstop industry?”

1. Daedalus says:

😆

2. garycooper says:

Here’s another race detective, Geoffrey Fieger from Detroit. You may know him as Jack Kevorkian’s old attorney, or as an occasional stand-in on Greta’s Fox News squawkfest. Around here, he is one of the preeminent ambulance chasers and medical malpractice vampires, and darling of the local media. See if you can watch his latest bit of race detection, without projectile-vomiting. 😉

3. Pig says:

150,000 comments and only 2 spam……I’m impressed.

• Rufus T. Rumpswab says:

That’s 2 currently in spam jail.

• Even more impressive, we’re also approaching a countdown to our 2 millionth page view. (that’s page views of the official wordpress counter, and not Johnsonian “views”)

Not too shabby for a handful of “stalkers”. But looking at the thread topics around here, I think it’s reasonable to assume that we don’t get to 2 million with just us. Sure, we get the occasional links from RSM, Patterico, Zippers, etc., but if we’re rockin’ ~1000 views avg. per thread I think that means that we’re getting some regular visitations from the Loozards as well. Like, probably most of ’em, in fact.

I’m sure the news would please Charles, knowing that his fans aren’t hangin’ out on the LGF Pages, instead spending the time checkin’ us out. 😉

4. garycooper says:

Btw, George Romney led a very interesting life, and a very successful one, after overcoming very humble beginnings and rough patches. Worth a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Romney

Despite Fieger’s sneering comment about George having been born in Mexico, the truth was that he met the requirements of being a “Natural-born citizen,” having been born to American citizens in good standing. It’s a cheap shot, and a silly racist angle he’s taking.

5. Daedalus says:

Charles is everywhere.

6. garycooper says:

The distinction’s always fine between detection and invention.
    – Mary Jo Salter

That goes double for race-detection! 😉

7. windbag says:

I love the Sinclair symbol. A giant, obsolete, fat lizard. Perfect.

8. garycooper says:

You know this is one of those truckstops where there’s a lot of gross stuff happening in the men’s room. Gloryholes, wide-stances, foot-signals under the partitions, etc. I only know about this stuff, because my brother’s best friend used to do vice squad busts on a local rest-stop that is infamous for all of the above.

9. garycooper says:

I’m so sorry, Charles. You are a decent and honorable man.

IN HELL! 😈

10. haysoos says:

Tits and Ass (T/A) truckstops are the best…once or so on a trip I use them…they have the most amazing retail designed for truckers imaginable…and a big one on a main interstate is a veritable world unto itself….truckers ‘live’ at those places….yeah, I’m a roadhog

11. haysoos says:

garycooper :
    I’m so sorry, Charles. You are a decent and honorable man.
    IN HELL!

‘decency’ is some paper towel for Dorks efforts

12. Hey, who’s site is this?

We’re at the top of the blogroll.

13. beed says:

Those are 149,792 quality comments. The remaining two are shit. ISTE is very sorry about that.

• Rufus T. Rumpswab says:

There’s one in European downstairs VVVVV.

• brcmongoose says:

You start saying shit like that about ISTE and you are going to get severely bitten!

And.. as soon as the old fart remembers his password he may be here in person to rip you a new arsehole.

14. King Minos says:

garycooper :

Actually not, They rebuilt the place a couple years ago and now they have security cameras all over the inside and outside. And Larimer County sheriff patrol the property regularly. http://www.larimer.org/sheriff/

• garycooper says:

Yeah, I was imagining it as if it was the REAL domain of one Chunky McMoobs, rather than the real place it is. I figure, as skanky and desperate as he is, his truckstop would be one big gloryhole. 😉

15. beed says:

I’d say Charles is an honourable man, because the British English spelling is so much classier.

16. brcmongoose says:

Just a quick comment.

I thought the dinosaur was a nice touch.

(#ExtinctBlogWithNoTraffic)

17. haysoos says:

almost dinner time…
    Ry Cooder
    Jesus On The Mainline

18. haysoos says:

who’s this Cooder guy?

• Rufus T. Rumpswab says:

Man. Chuck Johnson with two Master’s degrees. They’re stealing my destiny!!!

Chucky retweeted the following ’cause he thinks that’s what a young person should be doing instead of getting a job & being productive. Stalk Romney!!! :

“Woman Dressed In Giant Birth Control Costume Will Follow Romney On The Campaign Trail”

What a pill!!!! 😆

• garycooper says:

BOOOOOOO!!! Bad joke! 😆

I suspect the woman involved could serve as an anti-aphrodisiac without any costume. Bet she’s a real looker.

21. Rufus T. Rumpswab says:

Meanwhile back at the horsepiddle…

• garycooper says:

Fatass is repeating his tweets, now. We went over the idiocy of this one yesterday, about how devastatingly unshocking it is that the left-wing Jewish Federation cancelled a talk by Geller. Nice work, Chunky McMoobs! You’re a real go-getter. You’ll go far in life. 😆

22. haysoos says:

Rufus T. Rumpswab :
    Meanwhile back at the horsepiddle…

Charles Johnson
    @Lizardoid

The Jewish Federation of LA did the right thing by pulling the plug on hate group leader Pamela Geller lgf.bz/MOzXoX @JFedLA

25 Jun 12

Retweet
    Favorite

23. haysoos says:

clearly, nobody in their right mind would want Pam Geller as a spokesperson…do they?

24. garycooper says:

Sure they would. She’s a NYT Bestseller-list regular, and a fearless advocate for her views, which lean towards the shrill but no more than a lot of worse people. She gets lots of speaking engagements, believe me. Not at left-wing soirees like the Jewish Federation, though. They get Jon Stewart, Mr. Clown Nose Off-and-On.

25. haysoos says:

garycooper :

as far as I’m concerned Geller is a raving lunatic…a drunk blogger that mined her cred off the backs of others…an insignificant blog whore…what has she ever said or done that makes a difference?…she and Charles deserve each other

• Zimriel says:

She’s a drunk blogger who mined her cred by getting out there, speaking, writing, and working hard. Whatever she’s been drinking, it needs to be sent to all the other bloggers out there.

Her activism has shown that it is possible to oppose Islam in the West despite the Establishment’s tactical alliance with Islam. Indirectly she helps out a lot with Robert Spencer’s work.

• garycooper says:

Where is the evidence that she’s a drunk? I don’t see it, and I know me some drunkies. Did someone see her with a glass of wine at a party or something? OMFG!!!

26. haysoos says:

if some dumbass like Geller is significant, then CJohnson is significant by the same standard

• garycooper says:

Have you ever read her blog, or any of her books, or are you just going by all the years of Chunky’s misquotes and lame caricatures of her? I suspect the latter. Your spewing on this matter reminds me of your conviction/hanging of Zimmerman, the day after the case turned into a public spectacle.

If someone would like to hear the speech that was cancelled, it’s here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xJZqsS4xE9U

27. mrpaulrevere says:

From the ‘but of course’ file: “Was Politico’s Suspension of Joe Williams Race-Based?” – Angry Black Lady Chronicles”.

• garycooper says:

Umm, yeah, it was race-based. He got spanked for tweeting several racist accusations at Mitt Romney, and then he and his apologists tried to get him lumped in with Sherrod, and started blabbing about James O’Keefe in a pimp-suit, and LOOK A RACIST SQUIRREL!

However, his racist tweets are public record. Sorry, Joe. Better luck next time, hiding your true feelings. 🙂

• mrpaulrevere says:

I’m not quite sure what to make of Johnson’s obsession with racial politics, maybe it’s sincere but I doubt it since he was very cynical about using the race card pre-summer of ’09. More likely than not he saw it as some sort of short cut to street cred with the moonbat left.

• Rufus T. Rumpswab says:

Wanna know who else is obsessed with race politics? His initials are NR.

28. mrpaulrevere says:

Rufus T. Rumpswab :
    Wanna know who else is obsessed with race politics? His initials are NR.

Quite correct my man. And make no mistake about it NR is very active on twitter, and I follow all of his accounts that I know of.

29. The Osprey says:

I’ll bet you can find Mountain Dew there to go along with your Cheetos. And Tennessee flags!

30. osprey1 says:

And notice the dinosaur in the Sinclair logo…Thunder Lizardoid!