Yoo Hoo! Look Over Here! No, Look Over Here! No…..

Customarily, I like to bring the snark, as everyone knows. But not today. Today is for answering the question “Who is Brett Kimberlin?”

He is, ladies and gentlemen, the Speedway Bomber. Here’s a little history:

The Speedway Bombings (Speedway, Indiana) began in trash cans on September 1, 1978, just before 10:00 p.m. Three bombs in total were detonated the first night. Bombs were exploded on subsequent nights, with a police cruiser blown up on night number five. While there was significant property damage incurred at those explosions, it was not until the sixth night that it turned deadly. This time the bomb would explode after the Speedway High School football game, maiming Carl DeLong so severely that he later committed suicide from his injuries. While that would prove to be the last of the Speedway bombings, residents still lived in fear for months afterward.

This quick summary of the horrific events of 1978 in Speedway Indiana are significant because today, in 2012, the man convicted of those bombings, who served only 17 years of a 50-year sentence, is setting about a systemic campaign to silence his conservative “critics” (i.e., those who reference his career criminal record) through harassment via litigation and other means. That man, the aforementioned Brett Kimberlin’s, current incarnation is as the director of a non-profit venture, the “Justice Through Music Project,” which has collected $1.8 million tax-free samolias in the past six years from such entities as Fidelity Capital, the Tides Foundation and Barbra Streisand’s foundation. A look at the JTMP site reveals that it isn’t so much about music as it is about social activism of the progressive type. And they have tax-exempt status WHY? (It amazes me that 1%-ers love funding enterprises whose sole mission in life is to hasten their monetary destruction.)

So, it is in solidarity with his targets, notably bloggers and pundits — R.S. McCain, Patterico, Liberty Chick and Aaron Worthing — that Barbarian at the Gates, in conjunction with The Blogmocracy and Diary of Daedalus, is hosting, with permission, the following excellent video by Lee Stranahan, chronicling the career of Brett Kimberlin.

Stranahan, incidentally, was the driving force behind “Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day.”

You can also read about Kimberlin’s exploits and systematic harassment of right wing bloggers and pundits by following the excellent links at The Bookworm Room here: http://www.bookwormroom.com/2012/05/23/friday-is-everybody-blog-about-brett-kimberlin-day/

As has been widely quoted on Twitter today – this is the most important post you can read today:

The importance of “Blogging about Brett Kimberlin Day” is to let him know that he can’t sue, threaten or harass all of us and that we stand united with our fellows in the conservative blogging community. Bringing up his criminal past is neither harassment nor a smear. And the truth is an absolute affirmative defense to any charge of so-called slander. It makes one wonder if Kimberlin’s real fear is that when his reputation as a convicted home-grown splodeydope gets around, Fidelity Capital won’t be whipping out the checkbook for him anytime soon.

And I would also like to make a call out to our conservative talk show hosts – Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Mark Levin, Michael Savage, Andrew Wilcow and others – why have you given no time on your shows to these issues? This story needs national attention, and so far the heavy lifting is being done by the conservative blogs such as Stacy McCain, Allergic2Bull, et al., and Twitter users, who have risked account suspension to discuss it from Kimberlin’s associates and allies. It’s time for you to take up the “laboring oar.”

Update: Kudos to Glenn Beck for mentioning this story on his radio show this morning.

A site has been set up to assist all bloggers being targeted by Kimberlin and his co-horts. You can donate here: https://rally.org/bloggers

(cross posted from Barbarian at the Gates: Yoo Hoo! Look Over Here! No, Look Over Here! No…..)

120 Comments on “Yoo Hoo! Look Over Here! No, Look Over Here! No…..”

1. Zeus Crankypants says:

It appear the best way to flush this scum bag Brett Kimberlin out of the woodwork is to keep a light on him… 24 hours a day. That’s what’s nice about the internet, it doesn’t sleep and there is ALWAYS someone online to read something.

Brett… how do you like the attention?

2. mchblazer says:

Nice friends ya’ got there Chunk !

3. Awesome, awesome, AWESOME post Arachne!!! I’d hug you through the internet if I could!! Definitely gotta tweet the shit outta this one!

Thank you very much and thank you Rodan/Daedalus and m for cross-posting for me. I see on Twitter that there are now plans afoot to find out if there are Congressional Democrats who have met with this felon.

5. Chuck's Orange Jumpsuit says:

fatass is probably pacing the floors of his “gated community”, asking un mata hari for fruit & water as he plots a way to spin the Kimberlin story and his ties to his enablers. But, never fear, the man he hopes to impress the most has weighed in, so I bet he’ll be the same way:

KKKos is being taken to task over at Twitter for having another “Screw Them” moment regarding the “wingnuts” making supposedly much ado about nothing.

6. This is the rocket ship. Whoever’s hands are caught in this cookie jar are probably shitting their pants now.

7. Pig says:

Thanks from me as well Arachne…..this is one of the few times I’ve wished I had a blog of my own.

8. Chuck's Orange Jumpsuit says:

hey fatass, still hiding on this?

9. Chuck's Orange Jumpsuit says:

https://mobile.twitter.com/velvethammer/status/206087655216250881 looks like fatass isn’t the only one trying to bury the evidence regarding Kimberlin

10. Ban Stink-ki Moobs says:

I am Breitbarticus.

11. ZappaWouldBeVommiting says:

Check the screen cap. I have more. They get creepier and creepier.

12. Zeus Crankypants says:

Wow… you mean Neal Rauhauser can’t hide from his damaging tweets? Copies exist? Gee Neal… were you actually stupid enough to think a little memory-holing would solve everything? You should know better. As you say yourself “I have last names to go with those first names.” Well… we have tweets to go with Neal Rauhauser!!!

13. formercorpsman says:

I don’t recall the whole story, but why am I thinking back to that story of Barret Brown talking about Charles wanting the name of someone?

• Ban Stink-ki Moobs says:

These guys do have links to Anonymous. Maybe Chuck was trying to get invited to the kool kidz lunch table?

14. WalkedAway says:

Is Patterico’s site down? It is for me.

15. Zeus Crankypants says:

WalkedAway :

Is Patterico’s site down? It is for me.

Yup…

“Error establishing a database connection”

Not a time out, not a to may connections, looks like a database crash… or a hack?

16. WalkedAway says:

Hmmm http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://patterico.com/ says the site is up. Just me, I guess. Thanks for the reply, Pan. By the way, thank you for all the work you put in here and twitter.

17. WalkedAway says:

Zeus, yes. That’s the error message I am seeing.

I think there is audio available from his appearance on Beck this morning. As soon as I can (too busy at work cause we’re closing early) I’ll try to find it.

18. Zeus Crankypants says:

panoftheforest :

It worked for me. I dunno maybe my browser cached it, but I could click through to the comments and everything.

I figured it out. If you clip and paste the link in the article above… it errors.

19. Ban Stink-ki Moobs says:

Six degrees, Chunk. Six degrees.

• Ban Stink-ki Moobs says:

Oh for Pete’s sake. Now I’m supposed to be “tied to Vlaams Belang?”

• m says:

Six degrees, Chunk. Six degrees.

His standards and all…

• trebob says:

Oh for Pete’s sake. Now I’m supposed to be “a Serbian genocide denier?” or advocating the Turner Diaries? Is there any smear too low for you?

“Brietbart Unmasked” ring a bell asshole? He’s your new buddy. We have the screenshots.

• snowcrash says:

I’m sure Johnson will publicly denounce any association with Rauhauser now that Johnson has been made aware the kind of people Rauhauser associates with, namely convicted domestic terrorist bomber #Brett Kimberlin.

• ZappaWouldBeVommiting says:

The Wingularity search for “Tied to” or “associated” or “connected” returns 164 records.

Fuck you Charles Johnson.

You have slimed and convicted people you have known for years for simply expressing opinions that could be bizarrely construed to associate them with others who have done less than Kimberlin/Rauhauser et al are doing right now.

Yet you have the temerity say that. After your DM fest with Rauhauser and subsequent employment of his tactics which include the outing of Rodan and the tweeting of his identity by CL directed to the attention of Islamists (an act that reveals your old bigotry still lurks under your political cosmetic surgery). You are capable of a sociopathic level or rationalization, compartmentalization and excuse making. Your double standards employed booth before “you changed” and afterward demonstrate a careless disregard for what most would call “common decency.”

Keep running that memory hole. I am starting to think that it exists for your own need to dismiss your constantly unfolding, creepy past rather than any effort to hide it from others.

20. You know something? Patterico’s article mentions a connection to the Raw Story? Guess who is a writer at the Raw Story?

@Angryblacklady. Guess who Xcitizen10 was talking to just before he was banned? @Angryblacklady.

21. garycooper says:

No, Chunky. You’re not supposed to be tied to Kimberlin. You are tied to Kimberlin. Pay attention, Fat Boy!

22. haysoos says:

I need a flow chart to navigate this…this event

• Ban Stink-ki Moobs says:

Wasn’t network analysis supposed to be Ludwig’s thing?

Maybe he figured it out before the rest of us, and got out of Dodge.

23. garycooper says:

Oh, and these ties? They’re forever. Just like your near-decade of anti-Muslim ranting, on the pre-deformation LGF.

The internet never sleeps, Porky. 😈

24. garycooper says:

haysoos :I need a flow chart to navigate this…this event

I need a drink. 😆

This is one of the weirdest, creepiest stories I’ve ever seen on the ‘net. It’s only too vunderbar, that Chunky McMoobs is up to his nether-tits in it. Yes…he now has gotten so fat, he has tit-like fat-deposits on his back. There’s a picture of him at Wal-Mart floating around somewhere…

25. snowcrash says:

DoD is mentioned in the huge list of blogs covering Kimberlin on memeorandum.

And if you’re looking at Twitter at all – the Human Stain is having his ass kicked from all sides – hell there are people beating up on him I’ve never even seen before.

26. Nice- the more exposure to the light of day this Kimberlin gets, the more anyone in their right mind will be asking what the fuck he’s doing out there a free man.

27. Chuck's Orange Jumpsuit says:

fatass trying to deny his guilt by association tactics regarding Kimberlin is hilarious. Also, unless I missed it, Malkin hasnt mentioned fatso, so his blasting at her is just to get attention

28. livefreeor die says:

Well done, Arachne! Well done!

29. livefreeor die says:

Oh, and congratulations to you, Charles.
    You have closer ties to Rauhauser and Kimberlin than we all do to Serbian Genocide and the Turner Diaries.
    You love the guilt-by-association game and now you get to play it BIG TIME!
    Karma, baby!

30. Ban Stink-ki Moobs says:

Still fighting with a dead man…

31. Chuck's Orange Jumpsuit says:

livefreeor die :
    Charles will now throw as many shiny objects into the air as possible.
    I wonder how his new buddies feel about him viewing being associated with them as a “smear”?

so his “deny & distract” plan is what he’ll do to avoid Kimberlin? This should end well.

32. livefreeor die says:

How fitting that Chuck hits a new low of beclownment on the anniversary of Weinergate.

33. Daedalus says:

Checking in from vacation. I saw this story. That explains why Kimberin/Breitbart Unmasked makes threats referring to Jihadis.

34. haysoos says:

I ordered a case of Smear-N-Lo…
    jus sayin

16 Charles Johnson Fri, May 25, 2012 1:04:13pm
    down
    up
    Apparently there’s now an effort by the deranged creeps who stalk me on the Internet to convince the right wing mob that I am somehow “tied” to their latest pile-on target, Brett Kimberlin. WTF?

I’m not. I don’t know this person, and in fact, I don’t recall ever even hearing his name before this massive right wing freak out.

I guess I should be flattered that these hateful morons think I’m so powerful and omniscient that I’m involved in every single one of their stupid conspiracy theories.

Latest pile-on target? I wonder if Rauhauser sent a DM and told him to say that.

• Emperor says:

“I don’t know this person” – false. Charles Johnson follows @BreitbartUnmask and while I cannot prove it, I suspect he started following that account shortly after he initiated contacted with Neal Rauhauser.

He’s lying for the benefit of his minions, some of whom may be freaked out by the association. He & Rauhauser are definitely connected & Rauhauser & Kimberlin are connected. Charles. You can try & wriggle out of this one all you want, but you can’t.

• Ban Stink-ki Moobs says:

Following on twitter is a first-degree relationship.

#CHUCKFAIL

• ZappaWouldBeVommiting says:

Once again Chuck strawmans the critics and explains the “facts” to his dwindling audience of codependents. Those who utter the wrong utterences are shown the door.

36. ZappaWouldBeVommiting says:

I hereby invite the offended Charles Johnson to sue me for libel.

He knows who I am.

And I will get those DMs from Twitter in discovery and whatever case he thinks he has will crumble.

37. mrpaulrevere says:

I just read Patterico’s post, man that was bone chilling and I don’t scare easy.

38. poteen2 says:

@rsmccain @michellemalkin Oh for Pete’s sake. Now I’m supposed to be “tied to Brett Kimberlin?” Is there any smear too low for you

Punching up at McCain and Malkin isn’t helping Charlie. Specializing in low smears is why you’re losing.

39. mrpaulrevere says:

I’m sure he will get around to a Clintonesque tap dance about the the meaning of ‘ties’ :
    Charles Johnson‏@Lizardoid

@DanRiehl Here’s your next EXCLUSIVE BOMBSHELL, Dan: I have no “ties” to Brett Kimberlin or Neal Rauhauser. Shocking, I know.

40. Zeus Crankypants says:

Bunk X :

16 Charles Johnson Fri, May 25, 2012 1:04:13pm
    down
    up

Is there any tweets between Charles and Kimberlin or Charles and Kimberlin’s close friend Rauhauser.

I haven’t seen any?

• Mandingo Warrior says:

Rauhauser, yes. Kimberlin, yes if he is, in fact, Breitbart Unmasked.

• df's puddy tat says:

Zeus, here is a quick one someone dug up

Mandy Nagy is retweeting Rauhauser’s tweet to Charles Johnson asking CJ to follow him so they can exchange Direct Messages (or “emails” on twitter)

41. Zeus Crankypants says:

df’s puddy tat :

Zeus, here is a quick one someone dug up

This is Rauhauser tweeting Charles. Right? Is there any tweet of Charles tweeting Rauhauser?

42. Zeus Crankypants says:

• Did you read the Rauhauser thread Rodan put up? It pretty much chronicles all of the tweet conversations Rauhauser’s been in on.

Notice, CJ is still squirming on Kimberlin, but he’s not saying a fucking PEEP about Rauhauser.

43. Zeus Crankypants says:

panoftheforest :

I’ve read a lot of Rauhauser and Kimberlin today. A simple yes or no would do, instead of the pissy assed snark.

So… I still have not found an answer to my question… ” Is there any tweet of Charles tweeting Rauhauser?”

• df's puddy tat says:

Zeus, try this link (I’m a bit of a techo moron, so I hope the link works)

• ISTE says:

Zeus Crankypants :

Do try to keep up.

There is no tweet of Charles tweeting Rauhauser BECAUSE HE FUCKING DELETED THEM!

• Emperor says:

The fact that Rauhauser totally wiped his account, too, complicates the matter further…

• I didn’t think I was snarking you. Knowing chukinjivingan’s account personally I do believe that I was trying to point you in an informative direction. Oh well, the written word can infer so much more interpretation than the spoken.

I truly was not out to ruffle your tail feathers or anything. Just pointing out that our fat clown buddy is being intentionally selective about who his associations are. I have no doubt in my mind that fatso’s first introductions after DMing Rauhauser were to Kimberlin’s accounts.

He can deny it, but he can’t say it to distance himself. That creep might take the battle to the Benedict Arnold we all know and love. As a matter of fact, Chuck is shitting his depends right now because he knows that too. Chukin called him out for that and the “Silence is Deafening” from him or the reason he deleted Rauhauser.

Honestly dude, I was just too lazy to pull chukin’s tweet and bring it over here. No offense.

44. Zeus Crankypants says:

ISTE :

Zeus Crankypants :

Do try to keep up.

You keep up. I was asking if anyone had copies of his tweets to Rauhauser. I got my answer above. From someone who was being civil about it.

45. […] The Diary of Daedalus – Yoo Hoo! Look Over Here! No, Look Over Here! […]

46. Chuck's Orange Jumpsuit says:

shockingly, fatass doesn’t believe guilt by association applies to him.

As to not knowing about Kimberlin, that’s thin gruel: Breitbart tweeted about him a bunch, and since fatass stalked AB’s twitter acct, he has to be stupid or lying to not have ever seen anything about Kimberlin.

47. haysoos says:

Bonnie Raitt
    chill

48. mrpaulrevere says:

No kidding:

researchok Fri, May 25, 2012 6:39:33pm

down
    up

Awfully quiet

• haysoos says:

I could tell the story of the time I met Buddy Guy…but then people would ask, who’s Buddy Guy?…Bonnie Raitt/Buddy Guy cover the John Hiatt classic…Raitt plays slide on the break…

• poteen2 says:

mrpaulrevere :
      No kidding:
      researchok Fri, May 25, 2012 6:39:33pm
      down
      up
      Awfully quiet

Perhaps he’s busy. You know. Bill White’s on the loose. His life is threatened. Doesn’t have time for wingnut nontroversies.
      Chicken Charlie has bigger fish to fry,,,,,,,,,in the closet.

The Human Stain is continually smearing others based on the flimsiest of circumstances. You include someone in your tweet timeline that has posted a reference to The Turner Diaries and you are, by association, as much a white-racist-hater-homophobe as the other guy because apparently before you tweeted, you didn’t do seven hours worth of indepth research. In the meantime, you are DM’ing someone who is affiliated (and read the fucking blogs that have chronicled the man and his associates) with a domestic terrorist. And you have the double fucking audacity to call it a smear campaign against YOU? You’re the waterboy in this game, pal – you loved it when a big boy like Neal Rauhauser patted you on your fanny and invited you to the party.

What I find more appalling is the reaction by your new best friends in the left wing blogosphere that snorted and minimized the very real campaign of intimidationj and harassment going on against people who merely stated the truth about a career felon. You’re safe in your scorn. Because as much as you whine and cry about “threats” you know perfectly well that you aren’t in any danger. And neither are KKKos and the degenerates at your blog. Because we’d never resort to such tactics against you. You know why? Because it’s illegal. Because it’s wrong.

But those evil people using your own words against you. Those mean old stalker who have the audacity to say things about you on a public social site you can’t control. That are calling you out because you’ve communicated with an associate of a convicted domestic terrorist and are making you guilty by association.

Well, fella, how the fuck does it feel?

• Ban Stink-ki Moobs says:

Righteous rant. 🙂

• haysoos says:

I keep waiting for the ax to fall

How anyone can read Paterrico’s tale of the SWATing and minimize it as a “prank,” or the destruction of Aaron Walker’s life and Stacy McCain’s fleeing with this family and shrug their shoulders and try to make that walking bowel movement a victim of a “pile on” makes my blood boil.

• mchblazer says:

Five Star Rant ! I wish I could post it to Twitter but I can’t….because 140 characters.

I’ve been spending so much time on Twitter lately that I forget on blogs I get to use more characters! We’ve moved on from the Human Stain on Twitter — we’re on to Markkkos Moulitsas.

Ali A. Akbar has the day’s statistics:

150+ bloggers,
    150,000 google hits, and
    45,000+ #brettkimberlin tweets.

Bloggers rock

• df's puddy tat says:

And, thank you Arachne for your post as well.

You ARE a warrior.

• mchblazer says:

The 45k Tweets has to be wrong, gotta be much more than that. At one point I walked outside for like 5 minutes & came back and there were like 350 new tweets on that tag. That was like noon or one o’clock & it’s still rolling hard.

I think you may be right on that one. It’s still being used – I think it’s gotta be closer to 100,000.

51. The Charles Johnson Flatulence Society says:

Chunkles was the original man who lived down by the river in a van