The racist Hunan Taste restaurant had to change its name

To Hunan Tasty!

*********************************************************************************************************************

You see, back on July 7, 2011, I alerted the readers of Daedalus about the horrible den of racism in Los Angeles, the Hunan Taste eatery on San Vicente and Olympic. It is possible that the mindless minions of LGF were activated by the wise Sage of Culver City, the Guru of Culver Boulevard, the Wizard of Washington Boulevard and the keeper of the holy and magical ponytail, yes, activated to bring shock and horror to the owners of Hunan Taste of dangers of Nazis and eeevil bloggers and commenters that are Diary of Daedalus. Perhaps the fear of Chuckie led to the name change, since it is clear that the owners of Hunan Tasty don’t want to have to call the LAPD and eject smelly OWS-type LGF minions from their property. Not good for business or image. Just sayin…

It is possible also that the owners of Hunan Taste did a google search on Hunan Fried Rice and found out that Diary of Daedalus beat them in ranking. DoD comes in sixth, higher in ranking than any actual Chinese restaurant. Truly amazing.

53 Comments on “The racist Hunan Taste restaurant had to change its name”

1. ElSuerte says:

Aw man, we were number 4 when I looked yesterday.

2. Daedalus says:

Hey the plastic toy player says we are Internet tough guys.

122 Dark_Falcon Wed, Apr 11, 2012 9:01:51pm

down
    up

re: #113 William Barnett-Lewis

I pray you are correct, though in my darker moments I fear for something akin to PGL’s fears as well. There are too many out there that fetishize Pinochet and Franco to be blase’ about them.

Who, Dorkus and his Stalkers? They’re all hat and no cattle. Bunch of Internet Tough Guys.

Take your meds.

• ElSuerte says:

We were fetishizing Franco?

To be honest, I’m surprised we haven’t heard more about the Spanish Civil War on this blog, for all we talk about fighting communism in Chile.

The Red Terror was some serious shit. They murdered almost 7,000 priests, among tens of thousands of others.

• Emperor says:

They are not “plastic toys”. They are minature representations of weapons of war in a fictional world.

I will have you know that in local roleplaying wargame circles, Dark Falcon is often compared to Erwin Rommel. There’d be no difference at all, in fact, if only Rommel commanded minature tank figurines instead of actual tanks.

Fear the Mountain Lion!

• Pig says:

Who said what here?

• Stonemason says:

Hey DF, since you read here religiously, do me a favor and show me one post that comes close to the threats of violence from the pro-life/gun piece of crap. Or the CL thing, or, better yet, threats of destroying lives by ruining careers as the blog owner over there does. When you find those, you have a leg to stand on, until then, keep playing with your toys and let the adults discuss real life.

3. ElSuerte says:

We are number four for “Hunan penis lol”

What kind of monster has this blog become?!

4. King Minos says:

Emperor :

Fear the Mountain Lion!

5. Minnow says:

Dark Horseshit, the man in the know about hats and cattle.

6. doppelganger not wearing a hoodie says:

Hi Kurt!

And I thought Franco was an American who pimped canned spaghetti with pasta shaped into rings.

8. King Minos says:

ElSuerte :

Nah, that was Chef Boyardee. An Italian. From Italy. The birthplace of facism and oppressor of black Ethiopia.

Fascism actually started in Castelvetrano, Sicily. Very different from Italy. And my great-grandparents are from Castelvetrano, or Castedduvitranu in the Sicilian language

• Claytonia Sibirica says:

So close!

• ElSuerte says:

According to Garibaldi, Sicily is most definitly part of Italy. Thanks for pointing out Giovanni Gentile. I don’t know too much about the history of Italian facism.

LOL Clay

9. ISTE says:

Looking through old Little Green Footballs comments today I found a comment that to me is quite disturbing, and it shows amateur “do gooders” should NOT be involved in working with young children.

302 Madge
    Fri, Aug 27, 2010 9:22:19pm

The firm I work for sponsors an innercity school and we do various fundraisers throughout
    the year. Today, we gave 65 backpacks with school supplies to the kids.

Anyway, I have this thing about making items “gender neutral”, meaning that I don’t believe that only black and navy colors are for boys and yellow and pink colors are for girls. One of the women in my office is the opposite. She makes sure that the yellow scissors goes with the yellow pencil case in the pink backpack, etc. And that’s fine. It’s no biggie, but they know I like to mix it all up.

Variety. Spice of life and all that.

So we get to the school today and each child gets to pick a backpack. One little boy selected a black pack with a pink stripe down the front and pink piping. Immediately, all my coworkers looked at me and laughed. “Well, I guess Marj is happy!” And I was.

Dare to be different. Right on.

Now, did Madge know if this young boy was color blind? If the child was Red/Green color blind then he may have thought that the pink piping was actually light blue or grey.

Who knows what hell that small child has been subjected to after being the unfortunate owner of a black and PINK back pack.

Shame on you Marjorie Moon.

• ElSuerte says:

“Anyway, I have this thing about making items “gender neutral”, meaning that I don’t believe that only black and navy colors are for boys and yellow and pink colors are for girls.”

Oh for fucks sake. You can’t make an item ‘gender neutral,’ but she’s sure bent on making kids ‘gender neutral.’

exit question: Would I be a bad father if I advised my hypothetical son to reconsider getting a ‘my little pony’ lunch box? I don’t care about him ‘turning gay’ or whatever. Just don’t want to see him needless picked on.

• ISTE says:

That was my point also.. So your kid likes horses and he wants to be a cowboy when he grows up. at 4-5 years old my little pony is a kids horse, cool, nothing wrong with that. When the 10-12 year olds see your 5 year old with a my little pony lunch box then there will be problems.

• Claytonia Sibirica says:

altho a kid that likes horses, My Little Pony probably won’t be the direction he goes :p

• Marjorie Moon has been busy!

Psst MM,
      As a mother of two boys, gender neutral doesn’t work.
      Glad to see yoy pimping your employer at the expense of inner city children for a photo op.

10. Mandingo Warrior says:

Heh, now the hunan “Tasty”? God, I could go there this weekend )the last time I was there was for the Egypt exhibit). How could one of the most leftist areas of Los Angeles be a source of hatred?

Chuck is an idiot.

11. mrpaulrevere says:

If you’re a shut in who spends every waking moment on the internet and who thinks blog comments reflect real life, you would think some folks being banned on twitter is a great ‘victory’.

• garycooper says:

Some people raise families, work at gainful employment, do charity work, volunteer for community projects, raise money for cancer research and other good causes. Chunky does twitter-war, from his bunker.

• haysoos says:

the amazing aspect to this whole stupid twifest, imo, is that before the last electons, Charles led the charge against the entire GOP, conservatives, tv heads and fellow bloggers and anybody else, in a massive smear campaign…think of all the thousands of repetative smears…all day, every day…it was not really about issues, it was just simply tearing people to pieces because he disagreed with them….what goes round comes round…aside from the fact that all my pals got booted, I find this most hypocritical

12. haysoos says:

wtf is the difference between slamming Glenn Beck (who is a total ass) and getting slapped back for it…one is exactly the other….Charles’ cowardly attitude is disgusting….he posts and tweets some pretty vile shit on his public forum then blocks my account for jesting about faux rage…he’s credless

13. OLT's Come and Get It says:

Well, well. Looks like my Twitter account still works. LOL at you Mommy-stater freedom-haters. My Tweetmeat may be small, but it is mighty and you fear it. Go ahead, taste the fear. That’s right; tastes like your tears, I’d bet.

/flips the bird at Dark_Falcon and the other Loozards. Double-stick for @Liardoid (LOL)

14. OLT's Come and Get It says:

But I hate having a name at the end of the alphabet – I’m always last for the anal-retentive trolls. Marj, what about last summer? Did that mean NOTHING to you???
    /flees chatroom, weeping

NOTE – The above scenario happened in an #LGFLoser’s bedtime fantasy. Some details may be as inaccurate as NASA climate reports and Stalker Charles’ headlines.

15. OLT's Come and Get It says:

No quarter asked or given in battle with The Donkey Show.

No mercy or forgiveness to unrepentant stalkers (looking at you, aging creep).

Surrender now, apologize, and it will be over.

/I been hangin’ out with Dark_Falcon learning to talk Internet-tough. I’m so freakin’ KEWL now

• Iron Fist says:

Do you play with dolls like Dark Falcon too? Wow! You are so tough… 😯

• OLT's GI Joe Collection says:

You bet your pasty white-white ass I do* ** ***. But I’m not as skeered of girls as he is.

*Mine are “action figures”
        **LOL
        ***penis penis penis

16. OLT's Come and Get It says:

ISTE :

Billie Plooy
    @BilliePlooy

//platform.twitter.com/widgets/follow_button.html?align=right&button=grey&screen_name=BilliePlooy&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&lang=en

@LisaLampanelli I understand my hubby follows u. If he sends u pics of his weener, let me know. I haven’t seen it for awhile.

16 Jun 11

Retweet
    Favorite

Oh dear….

Funniest thing I’ve seen in weeks.

17. Medchemmer says:

Dang, Daedalus put the word “twitter” in the link for the next article, so my work blocks it. Guess I’ll have to catch up after the workday.

18. OLT's Legal Counsel says:

ElSuerte :
    The difference between Glenn Beck and Charles Johnson?
    Charles Johnson never boiled a frog.

THAT YOU KNOW OF