Mass-Blocking Thousands of Accounts to Deal With LGF’s “Sleeper Epidemic”?

In last night’s thread, Sergey brought up the fact that Sharmuta was banned (we’ll assume this was prompted by some recent lurking over here, ’cause it sort of came out of the blue), forcing Johnson to address the issue. After initially denying that Sharmuta was banned, he admitted that she had in fact fallen victim to his never-before-announced 6 month account dormancy rule:

While our analysis showed that the bulk of the 10,000 plus accounts that were blocked in the past 12 months were relatively dormant, we should probably do some fact-checking to see if this 6 month claim seems plausible (a quick glance at our graphs, and you get a whiff of something).

Naturally, Johnson felt compelled to explain the reasoning behind this (from the average loozard’s perspective) rather surprising revelation, and up came the funny part:

Um….yea…that’s the ticket. A “sleeper” epidemic! An epidemic so out of control that, instead of dealing with trolls on a case-by-case basis (like every other blog on the planet), Johnson had no other choice but to auto-block ten thousand accounts! Of these, many were undoubtedly regular readers who chose not to log in, or casual commenters that hadn’t been around in a while (along with some veritable legends like Sharmuta).

Needless to say, it doesn’t make too much sense. You could tell that the loozards knew it, too (it killed the thread).

(we know the real reason)

121 Comments on “Mass-Blocking Thousands of Accounts to Deal With LGF’s “Sleeper Epidemic”?”

1. mrpaulrevere says:

Killgore admits he was drunk when he made the infamous raid at Hot Air:

394

Killgore Trout Sat, Mar 31, 2012 8:34:46am

down
    up

re: #391 Liberty Hedgehog (fka Freedom Alligator)

It’s silly trolling too, but it’s neither racism, nor planting anything.

“I won’t disagree with that. It still makes me cringe a bit to see the list of my comments, not so much what I wrote but that I thought it was important at the time. I was drunk and offended at the open displays of racism towards the First Lady but my little temper tantrum did nothing to stem the tide. They did change their comment policy the next day but it didn’t change the amount of hate out there a single bit. It was pointless.”

• haysoos says:

we all knew that at the time…KT was just having fun and HA deserved whatever negative attention they got…I supported him then and still do..I get sick to death of these righteous blog freaks who have a double standard for everything

• snowcrash says:

Then he must have wanted to completely spell out the “N” word pretty badly. Burned right thru the drunken haze. Charles may not have asked Kilgore to do it, but everyone knew Kilgore did it for Charles. Sad little boot licker.

• haysoos says:

bootlicker?…LOL!
        did it for Charles?…CJ did not approve, unless you go into bot conspiracy land…most people didn’t approve, but I did…it didn’t have anything to do with LGF

• snowcrash says:

Yeah, whatever.

Even after getting banned, it’s hard for some to let go of the almost kneejerk urge to defend Chunky and his band of backstabbing sycophants.

Maybe someone should come up with a “therapy” so those afflicted can get the help they need.

During “The Great Purge”, Killgore spent sleepless nights defending those who were getting pummeled by the ban stick and doing everything he could to stem the tide of Chunky’s madness.

Oh wait…

• Doppelganger sans avatar says:

what really happened is that KT and Charles were just busted using the N word. these two turds have been planting stuff like this on conservative blogs and news websites for years

they are still doing it.

KT regrets being busted, not actually doing anything

• iceweasel's strap on dildo says:

Killgore spends a lot of time on Stormfront. I could never go there even for one minute any more then I could look at Olbermann’s show (before he got fired for the umpteenth time) or any otherMSNBC shows.

• pat says:

That’s the way i remember it.

2. haysoos says:

there is much more to this story…CJ is being evasive, probably even lying…Sharmuta is a friend of mine and I will champion her if I can…the question is why did her account go dormant?…I will protect Sharm but I will also say this…CJ knows the truth but must be to embarrassed to spill it….he’s an asshole

• Doppelganger sans avatar says:

great.
      ask her why she so readily trashed people as soon as they were blocked.
      does she feel bad about that?

she was pretty vicious in the service of that cocksucker charles

• Fred Derf says:

Remember NY Nana? She used to trash people the second they got banned, even her friends and then when Carl In Jerusalem got banned she spoke up and got banned herself.That is why the Correspondence Committee people want nothing to do with her.

• Bagua says:

@Dopplelganger,

yes she did feel bad about it, once she had decompressed from the manipulation she suffered from Charles.

Just for the record.

• jd says:

All the ex LGFers were at one time in the position of trashing and piling on the stalker blogs etc and past posters. once they moved on and got a measure of sanity back from not being in the group think they turned around and got health.

I am still amused by how hard Hoosier Hoops trashed Goddess-otc when she left LGF.

3. garycooper says:

Somebody just walked right into a spinning propeller…gonna leave a mark, too.

4. dwells38 says:

What’s this nasty bullshit? People in Charles’ good graces were nasty anytime they felt like. And profane. I got flamed and was the target of nasty and mean comments several times just because someone disagreed with me. Charles as usual these days is completely FOS, a liar and reserves a double standard for himself and his blog.

• haysoos says:

after the Great Purge, I got pounded by noobs of every sort…talk about piling on, I brawled with 3-4 at once…called all sorts of bad names, treated pretty vile, yet CJ never came to back me up, not once ever…in fact he probably like it….hence, when Ludwigout came along, I gently prodded him into hysterics knowing that it was bruising CJ’s image and blowing the minds of Luds bots that thought he was better than the rest of us during the AGW debates….I was always proud of my little subterfuge

• iceweasel's strap on dildo says:

Why the hell would you have stayed there? Outside of maybe 3 commenters – Buck,lawhawk, and,maybe one other person, they are all a bunch of maroons. Life is too short and precious to waste time on ignoramuses who see Nazis and raaaaacists every where.

• Bagua says:

@haysoos,

yep, it was some good theatre playing Ludwig like a marionette.

5. kos laughs from his new tablet says:

So now it’s no longer the infamous bots? Glad to see he fixed that issue

6. ThreeHundred says:

I keep my BRC-issued “sleeper” beeper on my nightstand.

7. Mandingo Warrior says:

Man, is he a knee jerk reactionist or what? Just yesterday he was all a-twitter with Mandy over planted racist comments. This move is assuredly a step to squelch what his paranoid mind sees as an opportunity for someone to go and plant something in a dead thread (which I bet you his minions do with impunity).

He’s afraid someone from the DoD will do it, LOL!! Living rent free in his head!

• Mandingo Warrior says:

Everyone loggin in right now is a sock from here, CJ. Hearing the news, we all want to keep our socks. Better ban anyone logging in right now!!

8. garycooper says:

“And that reminds me – I still have some work to do on that code.”

No shit, Sherlock. The code be all fubar and so forth. You should re-read that pile of books you once photographed and posted as your “weekend’s homework,” and then do something about the fubarness of it all.

9. haysoos says:

Ludwigout was so tempermental that he was comical…with his phony sophistication, flowery lingo, and towering stature….spit…I’m a beer and burger sort of guy not hardly inclined to grovel to the likes of his type…the only person that ever intimidated me was Levon Helm and that was my doing…Lud was a specimen….I think he’s in a jar somewhere on a shelf

10. Doppelganger sans avatar says:

Charles

if you weren’t such a dickhead and a liar, there would be no need for all these defense mechanisms against socks and sleeper accounts

just sayin’ mofacko

• haysoos says:

he’s created his own little bubble, exactly like the people he slaps with…after all the screaming, the hair pulling, and flying purses, it’s all the same…a chemical reduction exercise

11. haysoos says:

the Bubblebots…CJ’s mother is probably more interesting

12. Engineer #5 says:

Ahem.

Demographics of LGF’s recent purge.

Newly blocked accounts, total: ~10,500
    Newly blocked accounts, idle since 2009: ~9350.
    OK. ~90% of the newly blocked accounts were idle.

Accounts recently verified as unblocked: ~6800
    Unblocked accounts, idle since 2009: ~6000.
    OK. ~90% of the remaining unblocked accounts are idle.

How does one distinguish the 6000 good guys hidden amidst 9350 sleeper agents?

Idle since ’09 blockees include:
    zulubaby, rightymouse, godfrey, itellu3times, yma o hyd, dustyvet, aussiemagpie, republic, mattm, just_a_grunt

Idle since ’09 unblockeds include:
    bubble girl, noam sayin’, totallysirius, baldy, obi-wan, tankdemon, eevil conservative, amyc, andrew b.

13. Diogenes says:

Since when?

14. Rose says:

If you get a chance – pop in to Table 9 later today to wish us a Happy Birthday – it’s our 3 year Birthday! And you are ALL welcome…

table9chat.com

• snowcrash says:

Happy birthday table9! Can’t believe it is 3 years already. Seems like just yesterday when that miserable irish rose tried to get you guys offline. ha! Last one standing and all that stuff. I will visit after the bball game.

• Speranza says:

Yeah she came on gloating about the surprise she had in store for us (i.e. having the blog taken down). What a douchebag she was/is.

• beed says:

Happy birthday, Rose!

15. haysoos says:

twitter has consumed CJ…he’s not my kind of man…I raised a girl from scratch and she’d kick his ass…can you see Charles responding to some new tweet as he stumbles into a mall fountain?…he’s bombing his blog with tweetshit and the natives can’t even find the groove…an epic meltdown…look at who’s not posting

16. iceweasel's strap on dildo says:

haysoos :
    bootlicker?…LOL!

Yeah right. ha!
    Killgore Guppie did it because he is a racist mofo and loved using the term “N****r” in an alleged “good cause”. Those fucking assholes at the sewage plant will never take a drastic step without Fatasses consent, They are too sycophantic to do otherwise.

17. a-naughty-mouse says:

The lizards are dissecting Mandy Nagy’s name to show that she could not be of arabic decent, as she claims.

A really nice display of that low level racism they like to deny.

Imagine a RW website dissecting Obama’s name to show that he couldn’t possibly be American,,,,

• haysoos says:

cyber sleuths, junior psychologists…experts in any subject…the Mother Lode Of truth…
      (pass the bong)

• Speranza says:

Nagy is a Hungarian name (see Imre Nagy the Hungarian politician of the 1956 uprising executed by the Hungarian communists in 1958).

• a-naughty-mouse says:

And having a Hungarian name means she can’t be Arabic? No, Again- low level racism.

• Diogenes says:

They’re just trying to curry favor with their Dear Leader.

13 Charles Johnson Sat, Mar 31, 2012 11:11:52am 3

Oops. Mandy Nagy just slipped up and posted something blatantly prejudiced.

referring to:

18. haysoos says:

haysoos :
    (pass the bong)

and to make my point, I’m posting the entire Encyclopedia Britanica, the St. James Bible and Mad Magazine #3763057

19. Minnow says:

looks like Chunk is smacking ’em out of the park again.

536 comments so far today.

Huzzah.

20. One good thing lgf’s and loon cj has done for me was to enable and/or induce me to recontact many of my old high schoo, college and nam buds. I get them to use their e-mail address and get a nic and post a bit them I e-mail them what to post and they post for me via their addy’s. They live all the hell over some even in aussie land and asia, impossible for him to sort out.

Hope it is not causeing any pairnoid problems.

• oh, forgot,,

They all post as Obama support straps, know AGW is real, and want higher taxes for people like charles who are on the public dole.

Doing our part all of us socks..

21. Minnow says:

Courtesy of the Culver City Jesus: “Exactly – this is not just some random idiot using quack techniques. It’s a recognized and scientifically valid techniques for identifying OR excluding individuals.”

1. What are YOUR qualifications to make this claim?

2. What are your credentials to make any claim on what is scientifically valid?

3. And your grammar dude. eeek.

“It’s a recognized and scientifically valid techniques…” When did YOU get off the boat?

22. haysoos says:

twitter is CJ’s proxy dick…he likes to look at it, play with it, show it off to his mom…a twitter pre teen…hey mom!…look what I did!…will I really go blind, mom?

23. Minnow says:

Wow, Charles knows EVERYTHING! He knows about acoustic testing and he knows about the 20-week limitation on when murder charges can be brought.

I think I’ll stick around awhile – why, I might even lern something.

24. Poteen says:

Charlie talking out his ass again.

56 Charles Johnson Sat, Mar 31, 2012 5:12:25pm

down
    up

If there had not been a public outcry over this, the case would have simply gone away. That’s what the Sanford PD tried to do to it. If no charges are handed down within a certain amount of time (I believe it’s 20 weeks, but I could be remembering incorrectly), someone like Zimmerman can never be charged for the crime even if new evidence comes out.

/// I could be remembering incorrectly, but I think the 20 weeks is for being under the influence of meth.///

• Bagua says:

What a dolt.

Florida eliminated its stature of limitations for homicide in 1996 for criminal charges.

• Mr. Tibbs says:

With reference to Chunk’s hallucination of a 20 week limit on filing charges, there is no statute of limitation on a felony.

One of your many problems, Fatass, is that you got rid of all your posters who actually know stuff. Therefore, there is more pressure on you to try to add content, and then you expose your idiocy and lack of knowldege about much of anything.

25. haysoos says:

while you ponder…
    Tumblin Dice

26. Daedalus says:

Minnow :

I think I’ll stick around awhile – why, I might even lern something.

He’s a great legal expert.

• haysoos says:

courtroom law is pretty cool tho…I learned a few things from various trials, including my own…it’s another world, just as an aside…I kinda dug it

• joecitizen says:

“steal a little and they throw you in jail,
        steal alot and they make you King..” Bob Dylan said that.

• Daedalus says:

It’ is interesting. But Chuck is no legal; expert. He’s a shut in idiot who thinks he knows it all.

27. haysoos says:

haysoos :

I remember testifying in court accused of robbing an abandon farmhouse (I did it)…I told about the Mi State Police (staked out) shooting at me as I was trying to get away in a hail of deadly gunfire (2 rounds hit my tailgate)…the shooting didn’t bother me nearly as much as court…I was terrified actually, but cool…I went down, did my time, but after that for a while, everybody wanted to hear that lead slug rolling around in my tailgate…one shot welded itself inside the gate, the second rattled around for a couple of years and I was a celebrity…clean holes too, just like Hollywood

28. haysoos says:

joecitizen :
    “steal a little and they throw you in jail,
    steal alot and they make you King..” Bob Dylan said that.

very astute observation

29. haysoos says:

Daedalus :

my know is bigger than your know

30. haysoos says:

Dylan, the way I like to remember him

• Bagua says:

Replied to you upthread.

Interesting thing about this blog, how replies stick with the original comments.

31. garycooper says:

I’m a big Dylan fan, and I saw that tour with Petty’s band backing him, in Detroit. Great show. I’ve seen Dylan five times, and that was the most energized and focused as he gets, at least in this town.

• joecitizen says:

I have been trying to find Ol’ Mr. Bob’s recent performance at the TV and Film Critics Assn. 17th Annual Awards. During a tribute to Martin Scorcese, Bob and his boys (for my money STILL the best band in the land) ripped jaded Hollywood apart with a version of his “Blind Willie McTell” that damn near lit my eyeballs on fire. 70 year old mensch with a ‘tude and still the greatest singer of a song around.

• haysoos says:

Dylan does everything better than perform…he disappoints his fans far and wide and doesn’t care…they pay to see Dylan, the man

32. Zimriel says:

re “Nagy”, I know of an Arabic name “Najih”. It means “successful”.

33. joecitizen says:

haysoos :

I do believe that’s part of his charm. Miles Davis and all that don’t you know.

34. haysoos says:

Dylan in the studio…with Al Kooper, Mike Bloomfield etc…real pros…Dylan was just a guy til he met those guys…and then the Band…gimme a break, I don’t worship Dylan, but I dig his stuff…

35. haysoos says:

joecitizen :

haysoos :

I do believe that’s part of his charm. Miles Davis and all that don’t you know.

fine…jus sayin

36. haysoos says:

Hendrix covers Dylan…

37. haysoos says:

Stones cover Dylan…sweet

38. garycooper says:

I’m not going to get into a Dylan-defense argument, but I do disagree that everyone who covers one of his brilliantly written songs does it better than he does. For example, nobody can touch the songs on “Blood On The Tracks,” or at least, nobody does them nearly as well as he did. However…Miley Cyrus did a beautiful take on one of my favorite all-time tunes, on the recent Dylan compilation.

• joecitizen says:

If you haven’t already, check out the official video of this. I was deeply moved and I’m generally NOT more fond of the various and sundry covers apart from the obvious ones like Jimi. Man, if modern country music goes down this path they might have something. Oh, and the shootyourselfinthefootmotherfucker is really a horrid human being.

39. Bagua says:

Girl From The North Country

– Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash

For one of the old crew who doesn’t post here…

40. garycooper says:

New York Sessions are where it’s at.

41. Bagua says:

Bob Dylan and Donovan

42. The Wingularity is here

All of Charle’s comments – searchable and linkable.

Thank you BRC for the data – now available for anyone to search with results formatted in special Cheeto and Mountain Dew styling. As a bonus, it even gives you links back to the swamp urls where these gems were first made public.

• joecitizen says:

Instant karma, baby.

• ISTE says:

YEAH!!!

Great work, I just tested it and it is perfect.

The search for “penis” REVEALS….

2 charles 2001-07-12 08:32:33

543,763
      down
      up

I have an ingrained fear of venomous reptiles clamping onto my penis with their poisonous fangs and thrashing about.

Call me paranoid.

Hey Charles, you are paranoid! 😆

• Thanks!

BTW – just click the Cheeto where the football was and you get a page with the comment alone.

Copy / paste the URL and – presto – you get a link for someone else to see in all of its glory!

Like the penis-noia item you just posted …

Also – “scored search” uses the full text indexing of MySQL, so you can exclude words with a “-” and force inclusion with a “+” and even use a “*” wildcard for the end of a word.

• Oh – and a “scored search” that scores “7” or higher earns you a bottle of Mountain Dew Code Red in the comment header!

Raw Text searches sort chronologically, and scored searches by relevance.

Oh – I converted and indexed the date fields. Right now you can select an “era” for your search. Pre 9/11 | Post 9/11 Bush | Post 9/11 Pelosi | Obama Presidential

I was blown away at how doing a Scored Search before and after an “era” dramatically changes what he wrote.

• ISTE says:

I am jealous, I wish I could program and database and graph and chart and spreadsheet shit.

My expertise is stealing…

Then fencing the stolen goods to someone who can use them.

Give me a couple of days and we can steal every article Charles wrote. That would complement your database of his comments.

😉

• Bagua says:

Major uptwinkles!

• swamprat says:

693 Charles
      2010-03-03 09:22:02 543,763 down up report up up up up 4

re: #668 Spare O’Lake

Ludwig, you are the one who often wraps himself in the cloak of the expert, and derides others for their lack of professional qualifications. That is why I asked.
      Can we please put a stop to the accusations that LVQ is not really a scientist? I’ll vouch for his credentials. I know his real name and where he works and he is NOT LYING.

this is a fun site, thanks

43. Zeus Crankypants says:

iceweasel’s strap on dildo :

Well gee thanks… I’ll remember that.

44. Zeus Crankypants says:

ISTE :

YEAH!!!

Great work, I just tested it and it is perfect.

The search for “penis” REVEALS….

2 charles 2001-07-12 08:32:33

543,763
    down

Call me paranoid.

Hey Charles, you are paranoid! :lol:

Don’t worry Chuckles… the snake will never be able to find it.

45. Bagua says:

How is the fire situation?

46. So how would a 2004 “anti-globalist pseudo-crypto-communist type” differ from an OWS camper?

Charles
    2004-09-04 18:47:41
    543,763
    down
    up

reaganite: I can’t lie to ya — the moonbats are represented. One of the featured filmmakers is an anti-globalist pseudo-crypto-communist type.

47. Ick "Я" Us says:

No comment.

48. garycooper says:

The Wingularity is awesome. I just did a few searches of personal interest, and it works perfectly. Fact-checking His Fatass has never been easier, or so much fun. 🙂

• ISTE says:

I love it!

Now anyone can do a search of things he said that they are particularly interested in.

Earlier today I did a search for “planted” on the steam driven thing I have just to see how many times he accused others of planting comments.

Interesting.

49. mattm says:

I just checked and my account was blocked. I know I was inactive for several months.

50. Ick "Я" Us says:

I put in “slut”, and out pops:

32 Charles 2011-05-25 12:09:01 543,763

re: #24 LudwigVanQuixote

Yes, but it isn’t name calling if it is true. Metaphorically speaking, these pundits are all self promoting whores.

It’s inherently sexist and degrading to use a term like ‘slut’ to describe a woman. It’s possible to strongly criticize female media figures without resorting to sexist slurs.

51. Ick "Я" Us says:

129 pages of “creep” comments?

52. Ick "Я" Us says:

Holy shit. An evil creep,

44 Charles 2003-04-29 17:36:04 543,763

The evil creep going by the name “the duke” has been banned.

53. Ick "Я" Us says:

Perfect Chucky comment:

119 Charles 2003-01-18 05:51:51

He’s banned. What a creep.

That’s it. Terse. Pure Chunk.

54. Ick "Я" Us says:

BRC! This thing iz da bomb. It belongs in the sidebar. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

55. Just did one on “Media Matters” for Pelosi era.

My oh my. Charles sounds like an angry Tucker Carlson. Wonder if Boehlert knows of these …

56. Overlook says:

There is something utterly moronic in blocking dormant accounts for fear of sleeper trolls.
    Not big league. And a silly excuse. The regulars exist in that space in order to pile on “trolls”. It is the only entertainment offered. Just like the Palestinian bombed car swarms. Actually, lgf is becoming more like Ramallah each day. Deluded, hysterical, stupid, vicious.

57. Kirls says:

ha! found it! what a awesome tool the wingularity is! I remember when the wing dings first appeared and people were all ablather about it. I posted what I was using it for (very politely, I might add – ugh, I sounded almost sharmuta-like in that last sentence! body shudder!) and the fat fuck confirmed that was it exactly. which, in turn, confirms that he and the freaks changed the rules after he stupidly changed his mind and started showing who dinged and donged what.

Charles 2007-10-13 17:35:16

re: #556 Kirly

I think Charles is right on both counts…there would be some public accountability but there might be even more arguments from people demanding to know why they were given a negative.

For the record, I use the ratings when I agree with a post but all I have to say is “yeah, what they said”. I find those posts boring and I assume that most others would find a post by me saying that same thing boring as well. And I give a negative rating when I simply disagree but don’t really have anything much to add or when I find something particularly offensive.

I had assumed that Charles could always see what and how everyone was rating and so if I wasn’t using it the way he intended, he’d tell me.

That’s exactly how it’s intended to be used, thanks.

58. As 90% of the blog world is after him for being a world class prick could be cj should be paironid.