What Charles once thought about Islam

Charles Johnson, besides being an apologist for the Nation of Islam, is also a huge supporter of regular Islam. Jazzy X has defended the Muslim Brotherhood led Arab spring. He forbids any criticism of that religion on his blog these days, while allowing Catholic bashing. There once was a time when Charles Johnson viewed Islam with concern.

The Charles Johnson of 2012 would label the 2006 version as a racist Nazi. Today’s Charles would actually view an Islamic takeover of America as a good thing.

(Hat Tip: Shadowman)

108 Comments on “What Charles once thought about Islam”

1. garycooper says:

Charles was misled. End of story. Plus, now he’s a much-improved writer, by his own estimate. Before, he explained, he was just a dumb musician/computer geek.

In other news, we now know why Chunky McFattyracist is compelled to ban everyone he disagrees with, and block them on Twitter. Turns out, it’s a problem for most lefties. Shocking, I know…aren’t they supposed to be the tolerant ones? I mean, that’s what they always say about themselves.

2. Speranza says:

Charles was just confused and still finding his way on what he thought politically – after all he was only 48 years old on 9/11.

3. So, what gave Charles the right to use his own photo shopped high school photo on that currency herein above?

4. P. Ness Lowell says:

Isn’t there a fatwa against Mt. Dew? I think cheetos are halal. Or are they fried in pork lard?

5. Claytonia Sibirica says:

Well he was kind of racist back then.

(in b4 ‘Islam is not a race’)

• Lily says:

Really you are going to run with that??
      /whatever then. But you joined lgf so hence by association (lgf standards mind you)
      you are racist too.
      Who isn’t a racist now days?
      //////

• OldLineTexan says:

Lily, it was just more weak sauce. Really, the quality of “shame on you” from our newer members is abysmal.

• P. Ness Lowell says:

Yeah. If you can’t do it right…

• Claytonia Sibirica says:

the whole point is that I’m coming at Johnson from the left, but see the same pattern you guys do.

Take it as ‘everyone thinks he’s a retard’, rather than the specific partisan issue :p

• Meanie says:

@Claytonia

That is true.

But the “you guys” is a bit over broad-brush as there is no single political persuasion on this site.

But I will agree we are over-weighted in the group which was the focus of the bannings, that is natural.

But there is no “party line” here, except a pledge of allegiance to mockery, and a party atmosphere.

Alternatively, other blogs of former LGF posters are decidedly conservative in nature, not just by membership, but on the front page posts.

• Claytonia Sibirica says:

fair enough, I’ll be careful of the language.

• Meanie says:

Cheers for that.

Oh my goodness! Is that….is that the famous un-Mata Hari???

Something queer about that currency.

8. Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

All Tea Partiers are racist, by the way.

Or tolerate racism, which is just as bad.

Or once did tolerate racism, which is just as bad.

Or made some sort of sign or picture which, as it turns out, could be interpreted as racist, which is just as bad.

Or …

• Lily says:

Zappa Would Be Vomiting :
      All Tea Partiers are racist, by the way.
      Or tolerate racism, which is just as bad.
      Or once did tolerate racism, which is just as bad.
      Or …

Or had a nazi flag.
      Uhhmmmmmmmmm wait back up a minute that was a Tennessee state flag.
      Well it looked like something racist.
      It just has to look like something racist/doesn’t actually have to be racist.

9. Claytonia Sibirica :
    Well he was kind of racist back then.
    (in b4 ‘Islam is not a race’)

Ok… he was a bigot. Works for me.

10. Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

BTW, Daedalus – do you really think “Today’s Charles would actually view an Islamic takeover of America as a good thing?”

• P. Ness Lowell says:

Whether he’d view it that way or not, he’d collaborate.

• Chuck would flip again if that happened. Chuck is all about extremes. There is no middle ground. It’s all or nothing at all.

• Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

I agree that he’d just flip back.

I don’t think Chuckie has any particular commitment to anything except beating the latest fear drum in hopes of getting the most people to dance. Admittedly, that places him among the lowest of the low – if he were actually committed to something like Islamism at least you’d know he believed in something and could try to challenge those views.

That is what puzzled me about Chuckies “change” at first. Election ended, spent a week commiserating and then he starts the long campaign of complete conversion to Obamaton. The prior Vlaams thing could be explained by being very sensitive to Euro tendencies to develop racial extremists – Jews lived it. That history exists even if you don’t think it compares. But the post-election thing was so contrived with the false rage at things he himself was saying only 6 months before really exposes someone more akin to a sociopath than a principled leader.

• Daedalus says:

Yes he would support it.

• joecitizen says:

In a post sharia America, I see chuckie and his ilk standing around complaining that they never saw it coming. We were just being fair and thought those bible thumpers were the enemy. Useful (in the sense of needing 2 parties) idiots is all they will ever be. To say that they would support an islamic take over is a bit of a stretch, even for little punks like nojohnson.

Something got to Charles recently…

• P. Ness Lowell says:

Again, no links.

Charles Johnson ‏ @Lizardoid

I also commented that I’m no fan of Farrakhan and think his antisemitism is inexcusable, but they’re just ignoring that.

• snowcrash says:

Hmmm, appears he doesn’t want to be called an apologist for Nation of Islam. He doesn’t like it when the broad brush is used on him like when he called this the Serbian genocide denier blog.

Charles Johnson ‏ @Lizardoid
      How a http://Breitbart.com fan understands critical race theory: “It is about black supremacy or the Black Panthers”

Kinda got it backwards again, Chuck. Read much?

• Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

But he doesn’t read here and bans those who do, so no one told him.

Freaking Vulcan Mind Meld.

Any pshops of Chunky with Vulcan Ears? Oh yeah – that is what BatBoy looks like.

Actually, if I recall correctly, we most certainly did point out that Chunky McCheetos mentioned Calypso Louie’s anti-semitism. And then called him a positive powerful voice. Because I guess as long as you have a positive message, your hatred of Jews isn’t all that bad a thing.

You know, like leaving racist comments at someone else’s blog and then not banning the perp because “you understand” why he did it. You smeared decent people for being in the same room with someone you deemed raaaacist, bigoted, extreme, etc. And they weren’t even attempting to qualify said individual’s “positive” points

Once again, Chunky you write the playbook, and then whine like a two-year-old when everyone follows it. Take your ball, leave the field, find a short pier and take a long walk off it.

• The Osprey says:

Farra-KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

12. blogwarriorx says:

P. Ness Lowell :
    Whether he’d view it that way or not, he’d collaborate.

True.

13. MrPaulRevere says:

This is a time tested formula for progs, using dead conservatives to bash the living ones: “Charles Johnson‏@Lizardoid

I had pretty much zero respect for Andrew Breitbart, but the goons who’ve taken his place make him look like a genius.”

• OldLineTexan says:

Oooh, respect from a stalker and a cut and paste hack with the principled backbone of a sea cucumber. I kant haz it.

That’s not high on my bucket list, in any case.

“I had pretty much zero respect for Andrew Breitbart” except I asked for and followed his advice on how to manage a right-wing blog and he helped me out and shit.

14. Daedalus says:

joecitizen :

He hates Christianity so much, that Charles would view Islam as a liberation. In fact, I can see him taking the Shahada. Leftists are chameleons and join any Totalitarian movement.

• joecitizen says:

Besides, he’d be dead before the ‘take over’ was even complete. Beheaded by his new masters or by friendly fire if he tried to join us in the trenches. Inshalla.

I’ve suspected for some time that Charles is divorced from the real world and that reality to him is rather like playing one of his video games. Could explain why he reacts cluelessly when he’s head-slammed & clearly playing against a stronger opponent. He can re-play tomorrow.

15. OldLineTexan says:

I like the Twitter theater thing, especially how Stalker Charles got the Soledad O’Brien embarrassment 100% bass-ackwards. The only thing Soledad has “destroyed” is any prospect of being taken for anything but a talking balloon-head with no capability to take any of what she dishes out and the intellectual integrity of … well, Stalker Charles.

Way to go, genius.

16. MrPaulRevere says:

What would Charles do if Islam took over America? Stay in his house 24/7 and have his groceries delivered. Ohh wait…….

17. haysoos says:

we need to do away with the Presidency and rule by committee…worked for Meyer Lansky and he made a ton of money, eliminated his enemies and still had time for football and pizza….a leader worth admiration…
    (not sure whether he was a Muslim or a Methodist)

• joecitizen says:

I’m partial to ‘the Chin’ myself. 30 years faking the crazy! Currently finishing up “Five Families” by the journalist Selwyn Raab, a masterful history of the mob from Sicily to almost present day (pub.2005).

I thought that that was pretty much what Obama and the Czars of the Round Table were already doing.

18. haysoos says:

joecitizen :

I’ve been rec’d that book somewhere…I love mobsters, a fascinating world, finally cracked by Joe Valachi…one hell of a story

• joecitizen says:

Yeah. For years now I’ve been mindwriting “Godfather 4”. What happens after the daughter gets whacked until Old man Michael dies in the dust in Sicily?

19. haysoos :
    (not sure whether he was a Muslim or a Methodist)

Meyer Lansky was Jewish.

20. haysoos says:

joecitizen :
    Yeah. For years now I’ve been mindwriting “Godfather 4″. What happens after the daughter gets whacked until Old man Michael dies in the dust in Sicily?

Puzo probably had the same thoughts

Funny you should say that – According to a Trivia Game I found during the showing of “The Godfather Saga” (where parts I and 2 are edited in chronological order and there are some excellent extra scenes),”Godfather 3″ was going to be called “The Death of Michael Corleone.”

21. joecitizen :

I’ve never seen a single Godfather movie. I was born and raise in Brooklyn New York. The mob was a frightening daily fact of life. I found no entertainment value in it.

• joecitizen says:

That’s very surprising. Having, I presume, some acting chops I would have thought you’d have caught them for that alone. Not to mention the dialogue, pacing etc.

22. haysoos says:

Zeus Crankypants :

haysoos :
    (not sure whether he was a Muslim or a Methodist)

Meyer Lansky was Jewish.

yes, I jested….
    btw I demand you post more often….I could use the discipline

23. haysoos says:

Zeus Crankypants :

joecitizen :

I’m a hayseed…the only gangster I knew growing up, I beat the shit out of….anyhow, gangsters are part of the NYC mystique, sleeping with the fish and all that…just a getaway

P. Ness Lowell :

And like Mario gone down the abyss, he thinks he’ll just come back with one less extra life.

That’s assuming this clown even has anything resembling a life to begin with. He must look cute with his tin foil hat when he eventually ventures out to refill the Cheetos bin or panhandles enough to buy a Starbucks.

25. haysoos says:

Meanie :
    Seconded, no Crankypants posts, no peas!

sometimes you have to kick him to wake him up

26. haysoos :

Meanie :
    Seconded, no Crankypants posts, no peas!

sometimes you have to kick him to wake him up

This “at home” programming contract I have had since July 2011 has expanded. I’m actually just starting to program in Delphi, leaving my Visual FoxPro skills behind for the time being. Delphi is actually one of the most popular programming platforms in Eastern Europe and Russia. As soon as I get good enough at it.. maybe I’ll get a job in Belarus.

So I’m not posting as often, even though I sit here and lurk on most of the threads.

MrPaulRevere :

Yes very odd, he’s obviously conversing with someone and he doesnt want us to know who it is.

Maybe he’s finally talking back to those wee voices inside his head and thinks they have Twitter accounts.

28. haysoos says:

Arachne :

MrPaulRevere :

bunch of wannabe tweetniks…inside his head?…bulls eye….tweeting is for the ultraboring, what could be less productive, masterbation?, same thing

29. haysoos says:

over at LGF, Gus posts his own tweets…autoerotica…some people use people for sex, some use twitter…I cannot dump on twitter heads enough so make way

30. haysoos says:

Meanie :
    Blogging is definitely the enemy of this “work” thing of which they speak.

what’s with this Walter guy?…Mr. McZeus?

• Meanie says:

I’m doing my best to understand. I’ve been googling the term “being productive” and am trying to understand this foreign concept.

Lot of new ideas to consider.

31. Speaking of tweets, I just blasted everyone who’s been tweeting CJ in the last couple of hours with our event announcement.

32. Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

Oh, and he never said that was a monitor. It is obviously a menu board. The monitor that is clearly and undeniably there is not in the picture.

Just so that’s clear.

Now … Farrakhan has a message of hope even though he’s kewl with killin’ the Hymies while the whole Hamas charity/army bifurcation never got a pass from Chuckie.

Nor do tea party attendees (who are political novices) get a pass when various permanent fringe groups show up for some of the glow because there are obvious sympathies and associations.

But … Chuck was a political novice and can be excused for anything we said when he was less articulate 9or something along those lines) even though Cindy Sheehan was at least Nazi sympathetic (along with Ron Paul) because Storm Front dudes showed up and had their pictures taken with her (and with Paul).

OK then. That’s settled.

33. P. Ness Lowell says:

🙄

34. P. Ness Lowell :
    Nobody in the US knows Pascal any more, but I use a Serbian development system (OMG, Serbians!!!) written in Delphi to develop embedded systems in Pascal. I haven’t broken it yet.
    Everybody here does C and Java and shit.

Well… neither do I.. not yet… at least not where it rolls off my finger tips. I got my first programming task last week… I learn best by hands on… a lot of the challenge is relating what Delphi Pascal conventions, commands, constructs and etc. to my other better know computer language skills… Oracle and Visual FoxPro. Once I get that “mental cross reference” I’ll have a better feel for the Pascal.

And my first task was to work on some modifications, so I have existing code as an example, and the application I’m working on is BIG, so there is a lot of code I can peruse to see how it’s done. Although I’ll have to admit, from what I;m looking at, the lead programmer who has developed this application is sloppy and lazy.

The modifications I made were made according to my knowledge of data integrity and user friendliness. The lead programmer has already made me revert my code back to mimic some of his bad programming habits. I can see him and I are going to butt heads. His stuff works, but it’s kludgy.

35. haysoos says: