Oliver Willis calls Jazzy X a racist!

This has to be one of the most ironic beat down of Charles Johnson. Oliver Willis has a twitter fight with Charles Johnson. Mr. Willis turns the tables on Charles and calls him a racist!

Not even being an apologist for Louis Farrakhan has made the Left embrace Chuck. Oliver Willis rightfully observed that Chuck shifted to the Left to ride the Obama wave. This smack down really must sting Charles Johnson. Progressives want nothing to do with Jazzy X!

The Race Detective being called a racist by Oliver Willis, priceless!

(Hat Tip: Bunk X)

Update: Charles does a mea culpa and blames inexperience on his former views.

A grown man who wasn’t sure of his political stances? This doesn’t pass the smell test. Jazzy X is just an opportunist and his shift to the Left has backfired.

160 Comments on “Oliver Willis calls Jazzy X a racist!”

1. P. Ness Lowell says:

“some of my best friends”

lulz

2. but,but, I said,,,
    Well not me but a former poster,
    Well ya, it has been deleted but I know the poster Iron Fist said that, just ask Kilgore,,
    Well uh,,

I am on your side just give my blog a click, it counts for 20…

3. Meanie says:

Lynch-mobs predicted at the polling stations.

99 Obdicut Mon, Mar 12, 2012 11:57:20am

re: #98 celticdragon

This is going to be an exceptionally nasty summer. I will not be surprised if some campaign events actually become violent on the GOP side.

I’m worried about what’s going to happen at the actual polling stations come election time. About vigilante ID-checking or somesuch.

Yep, something is going to happen at the polling stations to cause you great fear and alarm, a Republican Landslide.

• Good thing CJ is not an election offical what with his record of blog hit accounting.

• Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

This is the sort of bullshit I wrote about down thread.

Really? Violence at polling places? Really?

GMAFB.

Got in an argument last night on twitter with a pseudo-leftist-hag who was proclaiming that “our democracy is in danger” while simultaneously arguing for the censoring of Limbaugh and Fox.

What a bunch of assholes.

• doppelganger says:

yep. I heard the hags on MSNBC saying that Rush limbaugh needs to be ” SILENCED” for criticizing Sandra Fluck, her only crime being exercising her freedom of speech.

the fucking irony meeter pegged and the glass on the dial cracked.

4. Meanie says:

85 Gus Mon, Mar 12, 2012 11:40:54am

re: #77 wrenchwench

It’s so stupid for Willis to turn to people so deserving of his criticism, and side with them just to criticize Charles, who by all logic and appearances, should be an ally.

This is the same crowd that was saying that Hitchen’s had “blood on his hands” soon after his death. Willis is making a big deal out of some “oil ticks” usage from maybe 5 years ago. Which he at first was distorting as “sand ticks”. Which was from commentators that are now banned that he seems to be getting all riled up this morning

Call the WHAAAMbulance, Willis “by all [lizard] logic and [phony] appearances should be an ally!

Willis is an asshole.

Chuck is an asshole.

Each for different reasons.

No reason they should be allied other than at a tag-team asshole match.

5. Meanie says:

87 Obdicut Mon, Mar 12, 2012 11:45:46am
    re: #85 Gus
    I don’t have any problem with calling the Saudi Royal family oil ticks. It’s not racist to do so, either– they’re not a race. They’re a bunch of assholes who exploit their own people.
    It’s obviously wrong if it’s used for Arabs in general, but I haven’t seen any evidence that Charles ever used it in a general way.
    There was a lot in the old LGF that crossed the line, in my opinion. Some of it involved alliding the extremists of Islam with mainstream Islam. But, well, that ended, not just ended, but swung around completely. I’m not sure what’s supposed to be bad about that.
    Would it have been better if Charles hadn’t ever been wrong on AGW, for example? Sure. But that can’t really be fixed now.

Hahaha, Charles getting the soft examination by Obdicnut.
    If only our Dear Leader “hadn’t ever been wrong”, he’s permanently tarred.

6. CroMagnon says:

some google results:

Little Green Footballs – Christmas with the Oil Ticks
    littlegreenfootballs.com/article/14097_Christmas_with_the_Oil_Ticks

Christmas with the Oil Ticks. Charles Johnson follow me on twitter. Sun Dec 26, 2004 at 5:45 pm PST • Views: 308. If the problems within Islam all stem from a …
    —————————————————————
    Little Green Footballs – Oil Ticks Back to Old Tricks
    littlegreenfootballs.com/article/6868_Oil_Ticks_Back_to_Old_Tricks

Oil Ticks Back to Old Tricks. Charles Johnson follow me on twitter. Sun Jun 1, 2003 at 10:07 am PDT • Views: 111. Arab News has a new look, but the same old …
    —————————————————————
    Little Green Footballs – Condoleezza Needles the Oil Ticks
    littlegreenfootballs.com/article/16319…the_Oil_Ticks/comments/

Condoleezza Needles the Oil Ticks. Charles Johnson follow me on twitter. Tue Jun 21, 2005 at 10:27 am PDT • Views: 154. The House of Saud had a very …
    —————————————————————
    Little Green Footballs – oil ticks mouth off
    littlegreenfootballs.com/article/3070_oil_ticks_mouth…/comments/

oil ticks mouth off. Charles Johnson follow me on twitter. Wed May 15, 2002 at 8:48 am PDT • Views: 170. Well, the petro-parasites of the Saudi entity are issuing …
    —————————————————————
    Little Green Footballs – The Ummah is Seething
    littlegreenfootballs.com/article/15674_The_Ummah_is_Seething

29 Apr 2005 – … front page · Religious Apartheid in the Land of the Oil Ticks (266) ». The Ummah is Seething. Charles Johnson follow me on twitter. Fri Apr 29 …

7. OldLineTexan says:

Watchoo talkin’ ’bout, Willis?

/BTW, Stalker Charles is a racist and so are YOU, Oliver. Both of you have more projection than the AMC 32.

8. Roger says:

Fully belly laugh!!!

They should send their two champions, Hoosier Hoops and Soledad O’Brian, to arm wrestle off

9. haysoos says:

Roger :
    Fully belly laugh!!!

Hoops, the…sensitive one?….he’s entirely claymation in that he’ll be whatever you bend him into…friendly, but dumber than a box of rocks….who care about his fucking claydog?

10. garycooper says:

Maybe “Screw ‘Em” Kos will intercede on Chunky’s behalf, and try to convince Ollie of the Fat Man’s sincere conversion to…whatever you call the idiocy he’s embraced.

11. garycooper says:

These two have a bit of history, like this here: http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/6087_Oliver_Willis_Dodge_Watch

I wonder how many more times Willis and Chunky locked horns, over the years. Clearly, Ollie’s not in a forgive-and-forget mood. 😡

• OldLineTexan says:

Ollie needs some subsidized birth control pills to help him through these mood swings, IMO.

Of course, Stalker Charles *will* go out on Twitter and start a slapfight, so I’m sure Ollie was provoked.

12. OldLineTexan says:

How to convince Oliver Willis that Stalker Charles is a racist:

Show him a picture of Stalker Charles.

/Is he white??? Then you know the answer!

13. garycooper says:

Chunky lying about the original “oil-tick” post being on a user page…so pathetic, and yet so typical. What a maroon.

• Emperor says:

Can anyone give us the link to that original page? Even though Chuck deleted it it should still viewable through a search engine’s cache.

• CroMagnon says:

in this case it was a user page, I briefly visited the page when I first saw it twittered… however, looky here for CJ’s personal use of the phrase

(looooooong screenshot, you can open it up to “full size” (top right corner))

14. haysoos says:

garycooper :

eye roll
    wink
    derp
    facepalm
    headslap
    head desk
    pud jerk
    that’s how he rolls!

15. Roger says:

The update is insightful.

Charles? There is a reason I call you Charles Nodickens and the reason stays current

16. Roger says:

I love it when moonbats fight over their characteristics and degree of racism

17. haysoos says:

Roger :
    I love it when moonbats fight over their characteristics and degree of racism

beats working for a living

18. CroMagnon says:

i have a comment “awaiting moderation” 😐 😉

19. OldLineTexan says:

“Bury the hatchet” is a racist phrase.

20. haysoos says:

OldLineTexan :
    It makes me wonder how many assclowns they can get in that itty-bitty car.

depends on how fine you slice em

21. haysoos says:

OldLineTexan :
    I’m not tfk, but I place a high value on the honor of my knife blade …

the only person I ever used a knife on was myself so maybe you should discount my blade bravado…have yet to shoot myself tho, so that’s a plus

• OldLineTexan says:

I KNEW we were connected.

E-room triage nurse: “What happened?”
      Me: “I stabbed myself.”
      Nurse: “Why?”
      Me: “Is that question really on the form?”

22. haysoos says:

OldLineTexan :
    I KNEW we were connected.
    E-room triage nurse: “What happened?”
    Me: “I stabbed myself.”
    Nurse: “Why?”
    Me: “Is that question really on the form?”

yeah, I had peritonitis issues…same exact thing…
    “what happened”….
    “I was proving a point”
    “did you intend to harm yourself?”
    “no, I just wanted some attention”

23. ISTE says:

Dumbest Blogger Gets Even Stupider
    Charles Johnson
    Politics • Tue Oct 28, 2008 at 5:01 pm PDT • Views: 394

The world’s dumbest leftist blogger puts his “scary racism” attack face on: To Attack Obama, Little Green Footballs Defends Segregation.

I’ll try to explain this to you, Olly, although I have no confidence you’ll understand the point, or acknowledge it even if you do.

First, your title is an outright lie. There was not one word of my post that “defended segregation.” Here’s what I wrote:

At about 15:30, Obama compares what was going on in the United States during the time of Brown vs. the Board of Education to … Nazi Germany. Yes, really. Here’s the quote:

“…just to take a, sort of a realist perspective…there’s a lot of change going on outside of the Court, um, that, that judges essentially have to take judicial notice of. I mean you’ve got World War II, you’ve got uh, uh, uh, the doctrines of Nazism, that, that we are fighting against, that start looking uncomfortably similar to what we have going on, back here at home.”
    There you have it. America is close to electing a President who compares his own country to Nazi Germany.

Not one word of that post defends segregation, and not a single comment from an LGF reader defends segregation.

The point is simple, and really not hard to understand unless you’re Oliver Willis: as bad as segregation was (and it was terrible), to compare America during the time of Brown vs. the BOE (when we were dismantling segregation) to genocidal Nazi Germany with its pogroms, death camps, and forced labor camps, and more than six million murders, is not just ludicrous and wrong, it is a morally bankrupt argument that verges on Holocaust denial.

Now watch Olly come back with another idiotic post calling me a racist for … any old excuse he can make up. This is the kind of garbage that’s standard fare in the fever swamp blogosphere.

UPDATE at 10/28/08 9:31:34 pm:

Just as I predicted.

Found here…
    http*://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/31728_Dumbest_Blogger_Gets_Even_Stupider/comments/#ctop

• ISTE says:

Left’s Dumbest Blogger Comes Unglued
      Charles Johnson
      Sat Jul 9, 2005 at 2:23 pm PDT • Views: 151
      The London terror attacks have sent the left into a rapidly accelerating tailspin. The rich smell of desperate cognitive dissonance wafts across the web.

Here’s a totally unglued rant from the left’s dumbest blogger, that would be hilarious if it weren’t so childishly nasty and full of hate: The Right Hates Freedom & America. (Hat tip: NC.)

Prediction: at some point within the next hour or two, Oliver will call me a Nazi or a fascist.

UPDATE at 7/9/05 8:41:56 pm:

Oliver does the head fake and compares us to a Klan rally.

http*://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/16571_Lefts_Dumbest_Blogger_Comes_Unglued/comments/#ctop

For the “Left’s Dumbest Blogger” Oliver Willis sure took Charles Johnson behind the intellectual woodshed today.

24. Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

For the record, I think Oliver Willis is an asshole in an ideological straight jacket.

But I think he pegs Chuck as a craven opportunist.

What would make me feel hope for the twitterverse would be ppl on the left (like Willis) looking at what Chuck writes now, look at what he wrote then and realize that much of the crap they now spout on twitter is designed to shut down debate, stifle conversation and wrap preening writers in a robe of self congratulation.

The other thing I really think Willis loses on is “environment for others to write” which is pure bullshit if you are a free speech nut (like me). All opinions will make themselves heard – the more you try to “preemptively correct” speech the more determined that speech will work to be heard and it will adopt the most course of language out of both frustration and opportunism.

Sometimes it is best to just let assholes be assholes and leave to being ignored.

OK – back to teasing the Crown Prince Cheetonia.

I suggest you ask Al Jarreau or George Duke if I am a “racist”. They’ll laugh at you.

They’ll laugh and then they’ll ask Ollie why it took him so long to figure it out.

I’m sure George will also say when he’s done laughing that Chunky is a deadbeat and a car thief as well.

• Lily says:

Actually I think if they do ask these two men they will go “who”?

• Lily says:

• garycooper says:

Lily :I don’t remember every person I have hired to work on my house. Why would these two remember every musician who worked for them.

I try to remember the ones who steal from me, as Chunky did from Duke.

26. haysoos says:

CJ’s own posters are gonna wreck the whole thing eventually…he can try and register new people, but eventually as LGF devolves, people will ask why?…LGF is swiftly becoming, a rest stop on the cyber highway…if you seek AmIdol politics, shallow snark, and absolutely no discourse concerning solutions, then go piss and grab a soda over there, then be on your way

27. CroMagnon says:

Does this mean Gus doesn’t want to be my twitter-friend? 😥

@CroMagnonIam Sorry but I decided a couple of days ago to just block low-IQ wingnut such as yourself. Get a life stalker.— Gus (@Gus_802) March 12, 2012

• Lily says:

OMG! He called you a ‘wingnut’ now if that isn’t racist I don’t know what is.
      Besides old gus actually doesn’t have a life.
      /you probably do. 😉

• By get a life does he mean living in a relative’s garage and pissing in old, rusted coffee cans? Does he mean bad mouthing the very people who provide him with sustenance and a roof over his head? Does he mean allowing the only idiot to ever show up at a strip bar wearing a top hat, spats and tails to pay your Internet bill…so you can continue to have the only type of life suitable for a person as stupid, ungrateful, indolent and mean spirited as Gus?

I mean, just asking.

28. Lily says:

They are arguing over whether the term “oil ticks” is racist. Really? Excatly what isn’t racist now days?
    For cj to fall all over himself to get a nutter to like him is rather pathetic.
    At least they both acknowledge the other is nutty.
    Even the extreme left will not poor charlie into their clubhouse. Tragic.
    Not.

I missed this yesterday due to all the fun. Sizzzlerz got the stick for insulting the Taliban.

190 Shvaughn Sun, Mar 11, 2012 3:40:44pm
    down
    up
    re: #184 sizzzlerz

Sick, sick, sick.

These people are not human. They are monsters. Every, fucking, last one of them.

No, they’re human. Just horrible humans

330 [deleted] Mon, Mar 12, 2012 11:00:14am
    down
    up

331 Charles Johnson Mon, Mar 12, 2012 11:13:22am
    down
    up
    Bye now!

• Lily says:

Really insulting the Taliban is a no-go now at lgf???
      cj is a nut case.

• doppelganger says:

humans that rape 5 year old boys, humans that pour acid on women who they just raped, for having ” sex with a strange man”

and these humans, get the protection and approval of Mullah Johnson

• You don’t see Charles “My Blood is Mostly Gravy” Johnson signing up to live under the gentle and kind rule of the Taliban, do you? Mostly because he’d get about two notes strummed before they sawed off his head with a dull hacksaw.

Not because they’re dicks or anything – really, *who* can stand a semi-talented mid-level yet self indulgent studio guitarist? I mean, even the Taliban has standards.

Besides, they might mistake him for a Buddha statue and blow his corpulent ass up.

30. haysoos says:

CroMagnon :
    Does this mean Gus doesn’t want to be my twitter-friend?

odd, Gus himself is a stalker…totally consumed with Twitter and Google…and since he’s been blowing CJ, one assumes his life is now made….proof that the internet will ruin a weak, unambitious guppie

• Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

The population of cyber-shutins amazes me. What also amazes me is the impact they are having on politics – Journalists mistake these people as being “average joe” when they encounter them on twitter. And every last journalist is on twitter.

Massive reality distortion matrix, twitter is.

31. Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

So Chuck takes his wounded pride on twitter and ….

… goes tweep stalking for right wing white racists with @AngryBlackLady!

As transparent as it is pathetic.

Chuck – looks like you are only at step 1.5 of the 12 step process to political maturity.

32. haysoos says:

Gus is coming into middle age with no job, no home, no money, no women, no travel, nothing…yet he pounds it out everyday on the net as if he has anything to contribute to our society….an epic loser that does everything to drag down the rest of us…I guess I’ll have to pay for his cancer treatments in a few years…he’s killing himself with tobacco, booze and low self esteem but seems do do little to improve his lot in life…I can’t stand whiners that won’t put up the effort to even care for themselves even tho they could….he’s a net junkie and we’ll all pay his way sooner or later…I invited him down to ABQ, no questions asked…put him up, help find him some work but no…he’s soft, he’s a sissy and I have zero tolerance for those types

I’ve always heard that unlicensed “architects” are sensitive types.

Perhaps if you had offered Gus a box of Legos to get his “architectual creativity” flowing, he might have taken you up on your offer. 😆

• You realize the bullet you dodged, right? Dude would still be on your couch, only he’d be shunning you since your banning.

33. haysoos says:

Zappa Would Be Vomiting :
    Massive reality distortion matrix, twitter is.

agreedX2

Uh Chuck? You may not want him contacting George Duke. He might not call you a racist – but I think he will call you a rip-off artist. Not exactly the testimonial you’ll be looking for.

35. doppelganger says:

aren’t we the “oil ticks” I mean we are sucking their oil.

We should be DRILLING our own oil!

but I do love the name Oil ticks. always did
    I’m SURE charles didn’t invent that name either. far too witty for him. nope, I’m sure he stole it like every other clever idea that ever appeared on his blog pre 2008, and every crappy idea that’s appeared since 2008

Dude –

Don’t you know that drilling won’t bring down oil prices? Haven’t you been paying attention?

Turns out the way to move prices down is to throw out that discredited “supply / demand” bullshit and do two things:

1) talk to death about it
      2) subsidize startups around green energy, watch them go bankrupt, blame oil companies, repeat.

36. doppelganger says:

Charles, is calling Pam Geller a Shrieking harpy not as bad as calling the taliban , subhuman?

guess so

37. “It would have an unfortunate effect of encouraging people who are really racists.” First off stupid Charles, people that are racists don’t have to be encouraged… they already are racists. And yes you were a terrible writer and you still are. What the fuck makes you think you improved in the writing department. You don’t write, you clip and paste, pull in other peoples opinions and any other “writing” tasks are spent trying to figure out how to communicate in 144 characters. You evidently didn’t learn the ropes, since you trashed your own blog and now the only attention you can attract is being called a racist by a black lefty.

Your explanation screams failure.

38. haysoos :

Same here. I offered him help over and over. I just lived 30 miles from him, a 30 minute or so drive. I even offered to find him medical help, but no dice. If he was healthy, had a decent job (or any job) and wasn’t drunk daily on cheap gin… he would be lost because he’s one of those losers who is never happy unless someone is fawning over his miserable life.

• Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

That ‘splains his twitter obsession.

39. haysoos says:

Zeus Crankypants :
    Your explanation screams failure.

heh, I was gonna say that (not really)…bulls eye…CJ has to try and cop to the world as it is…he’s been gifted with a life of style and privilege as an entertainer…he’s had his head up his ass and now has to justify a bunch of memes he himself never experienced…I’m impressed if he can order a taco and get it right…another fucking elitist

40. haysoos says:

I need to chill…
    for Gus the Magnificent

41. P. Ness Lowell says:

That’s us?

42. Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

If you haven’t heard this one yet it is pretty cool.

Great breakup song. After I first heard it I thought about how lucky I am to have been married for 23 years now.

43. P. Ness Lowell says:

Another pissing match?

• Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

He and @angryblacklady are cool with each other. They both have one setting – spout off about how the world is full of racists trying to destroy Barack Obama and destroy our democracy.

Here’s another for our favorite Argentinian architect.

45. haysoos says:

Pakimon :
    Here’s another for our favorite Argentinian architect.

he’s a lazy mommas boy and contributes nothing but his worthless opinion…the way he disregards KT pisses me off….Gus and Obdicut are fuck bitches for CJ…it’s disgusting and their negative vibe turns off a lot of posters

46. haysoos says:

“respect the Taliban!”

47. Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

Get out the brain bleach. Try not to visualize …

Chuckie is fantasizing about Palin again.

• Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

Sarah Palin has already been hinting around that she might be interested if it comes to a brokered convention. Imagine Palin debating Obama.— Charles Johnson (@Lizardoid) March 12, 2012

• P. Ness Lowell says:

She’d at least have accurate statistics on oil imports. The bumbling idiot Obama is running around claiming that the US exports more crude than we import (which would be lovely if true, BTW). And the press doesn’t say squat about it. It’s not even close.

• P. Ness Lowell says:

Week of 3/2/12: crude imports: 8,712,000 bpd. Crude exports, 37,000 bpd.

Is he a dope or a liar?

• Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

yeah – we have started exporting more refined fuels than importing, but that is the refined stuff. Shipping out gasoline and diesel that you bought as oil from elsewhere simply means the spare refinery capacity that should be used by our booming economy isn’t because the economy sucks and fuel consumption is down.

It’s like touting the fact that your kid has reached a new level on WOW because he was suspended from school.

• P. Ness Lowell says:

But he SPECIFICALLY said CRUDE.

The nation now exports more crude than it imports, reducing dependence on foreign oil, along with new fuel efficiency standards for cars and investments in alternative fuels.

UNQUOTE

He’s either a dope or a liar.

As an aside, how on earth does exporting more crude reduce your dependence on foreign oil? WTF?

FAIL

• Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

I hear you on him saying crude. But even if you ignore that as a “slip of tongue” (which the press does so willingly – unlike “Bushisms”) then you still have a pretty pathetic tout.

48. haysoos says:

we have a historic economic problem, slashes in the military budget while our enemies become more bold and press us, every energy problem thinkable, USDJ selling guns to Mexican killers, an executive run by a bunch of frat boys, a congress frozen by parisanship, the “party base” are net junkies…we’re eating pink paste, sending 6 year olds to jail for drawing stickmen, Hollywood sucks, we’re almost out of ice….so what is the most famous blog in the world discussing?…like who’s fingernail polish is tre kewl or the equivalent metaphore…LGF is just another contest…no better than a bunch of garden ladies considering the latest gossip…what a bust…LizIdol or whatever

49. ” Respect mah authoritah!” is the racists making fun of a black dialect? I think so.

50. haysoos says:

I just put my head down and ramble down the trail…laughing my ass off

• Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

If the economy gets bad enough it washes out the rest of the bullshit and we reset.

The constant use of the Fed to prop up equities so that the inevitable is pushed off for a few months or years simply will make the washout more devastating.

Sad thing is that the “propping up” is done in the names of those who are vulnurable and they will be the least able to cope when the washout happens.

You can’t print money and flood it into equities dealers like we and the other central banks have been doing and not have it create enough inflation to simply destroy household income of the poor and middle class.

• P. Ness Lowell says:

Welcome back, Carter.

• dwells38 says:

This is exactly right. Of course Obama promised to “fix” everything knowing he had no clue. He hoped Geitner would come up something. Stimulus sounds so….stimulating. But it does nothing and they were all hoping the natural biz cycle would kick back in and rise all boats. Instead we’re dead in the water and WAYYY deeper in debt with no end sight.

I’m keeping my power dry so I can jump in with both feet in 2013 or 14 which is when it will become apparent all the the socialist governments intend to continue spending and borrowing with no fiscal restraint. They show no signs of slowing down despite the cliff.

51. haysoos says:

haysoos :
    I just put my head down and ramble down the trail…laughing my ass off

what was that?
    some Led Zep

52. Claytonia Sibirica says:

new Nickname?

53. I love this, because this cuts chuckie much more painfully than everything you guys do and everything we say here, this one exchange.

Look, he went out of his way to reject and offend us. Anything we say against him, he feels affirms his position, that we are unworthy of his support and friendship.

Oliver Willis, on the other hand, represents the group chuckie has been cultivating, and who he desperately wants to join and be accepted by. His dream is to be linked on Atrios and Kos and Balloon Juice and recognized as a great person. His calculation that he would be welcomed with open arms is not a ridiculous one: John whatshisname at BalloonJuice was himself a conservative, but he flipped long before charles, and his blog was nowhere near as notorious. Therefore, he’s accepted in the community.

Chuckles will _never_ be accepted in the left community because of the Rathergate thing, because of johnson’s role (however small) in PJMedia as well as the large community of left-attacking commenters and posters he hosted for 7 years before he flipped back.

That would be tantamount to DemocraticUnderground flipping and expecting conservatives to flock over there and turn it into Free Republic. There are too many connotations and associations, too much baggage.

If chuckie _really_ wanted to join the left, he should have disbanded LGF, rebranded it, redesigned it worked on reasonable, insightful posts taking the left’s side until he gained a reputation as someone who helped their side, policy-wise.

Instead, he started attacking the right with all the shrillness and venom and hypocrisy he once aimed at the left. Ann Althouse, when LGF posted his great rejection post, said it best: “He was shrill and angry and conservative, now he’s shrill and angry and leftish. Neither ever appealed to me”.

He went with what he knew best: over the top attacking and unfair insults and twisted logic and facts. It’s not working, and I have never appreciated Oliver Willis more. 😉

Believe me, this REALLY bothers chuckles, more than years of anything said on Daedalus.

• P. Ness Lowell says:

That and the fact that there’s no unmet demand over there. Even if, as OW says, it’s all a business calculation, it’s a bad bet, poorly executed.

I’ve actually seen (bad) business people do this before; they have something that works, they don’t understand why, but they get the bright idea that they can turn everything on it’s head, and it’ll work even better. Didn’t work out any better than this did.

• Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

When it works don’t fix it.

• garycooper says:

I’ve seen that a lot in business too, and unfortunately, with a couple of family members. They think because they had good luck with one formula, they have the Midas Touch, and can do anything. It’s the rare person who can pull off a multi-pronged attack successfully. It requires a different skill-set, such as being able to hire the right people, and delegate, while still keeping your core business perking along. For most people, you’re better off focusing on your best horse, and riding it until it gives out. Keep another horse nearby, but only ride one at a time. I’m Mr. Metaphor! 🙂

• Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

Or he could have “turned the blog over” to someone, remained owner via some LLC, disclaimed the content and started a “new venture” seeking to the same on the left and positioned himself as a publisher hosting different sites for different viewpoints.

I think his decision reflects how stupid he thought his followers were and that other followers would be every bit as stupid.

Wrong on both counts.

• haysoos says:

I could care less what CJ does with his blog, or any other blogger for that matter…I’m just not into cyber influence, I’d rather chop wood…but when he makes himself a public guy, he makes himself a a target for criticism…too bad eh?…should have opened a bar…I just use him for my own pleasure…and I don’t give a fuck about his mother or pets

• dwells38 says:

Another issue is what I refer to as his mean streak. He gets very personal very quickly with the insults and mockery. Many on the left like this Willis remember back to 4 years ago when CJ dubbed him the “Dumbest Blogger on the Internet”. And now he’s supposed to forgive after the multiple direct and personal insults? A white guy calling a black guy that? Dream on.

• doppelganger says:

to make amends to Willis, Charles has assumed the rolf of dumbest blogger on the internet.

but if Willis forgave him, then by doing so he would take the title away from Charles

54. Lily says:

Zappa….another song

55. Hugh G. Rection says:

Charles Johnson you fucking ugly pasty faced racist pig.

56. Hugh G. Rection says:

Zappa Would Be Vomiting :

Wrong on both counts.

His business acumen is not very good.

57. haysoos says:

I’m thinking CJ runs a gerbil ranch out in the valley to pad his….income…I mean how does he get by?…George Duke is almost nobody for all monetary purposes

• Lily says:

I’m thinking he inherited some money and is living off of that.
      /it’s the only thing that makes sense. 😉

58. Zappa Would Be Vomiting says:

So I wonder if Chuckie is realizing what it feels like to be publicly accused/tried/pronounced guilty of racism on line and feel like it was done unjustly?

And to think there are a big chunk of 5,000+ people who feel the same…

Karma’s a bitch.

(Call Karma a ‘slut’ and you are really in for it)

59. haysoos says:

here you go Charles…dig this
    something for nothing?

60. haysoos says:

I messed up again…
    Pink Floyd
    Money

61. P. Ness Lowell says:

`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. >`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. >

62. haysoos says:

P. Ness Lowell :
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. >`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. >

sperms are cool…I like sperms

63. So,

Oliver Wills ,, come on over and chat, we are fair and balanced.

Hell these right and overhanded posters here even accept half breeds.

Might be fun here, give it a try, see if we can make which new poster you are.