Lizards Enter the LGF Comment Archives at their Own Risk

restricted

Contrary to teh Johnson’s rather lame excuse as to why the 6+ million older comments are hidden, we believe that he’s really pretty sensitive about them and bonkers paranoid when it comes to independent lizard expeditions into comments past. In fact, we wouldn’t be surprised if CJ’s rigged some blinky thing or tone to alert him the second that a registered user uses the comment search at all. Just look what happened today to one of the “class of 2004“:

Going forward, if your nic isn’t on a short list of trusted sycophants, you might want to ask us first if you’re looking to find something in the archives (after all, The World’s Greatest Blog Search Engine™ is a hoot).

We’re happy to help.

[Addendum– CroMagnon was spotted on the DoD MojoTwitterWire earlier today. Cool captures and conversations are in the comments on this thread, including the entire archive of Mr. Cro’s contributions on LGF. – Briareus]

94 Comments on “Lizards Enter the LGF Comment Archives at their Own Risk”

1. Zeus Crankypants says:

Charles… you’ll go crazy. LGF is in your head. You only have two choices for the rest of your life. Shut it down… or baby sit your little self made mutant for the rest of your life. Because if you keep it live, there are always going to be someone digging through your pass. It’s almost like a Twilight Zone episode. Charles… you don’t own LGF… it owns YOU!

2. ChenZhen says:

3. doppelganger says:

I am littlegreenfootballs, it’s only me

–queeg

4. doppelganger says:

LGF and Charles really paralell a madman and his dictatorship. At one point they are all powerful, but they kill enough people, alienate enough people and eventually they wind up in a bunker with one or two co-dependant sycophants who swallow the cyanide after they burn the dictator’s body

what we see here is the DoD gaining power and Mad King charles isolating himself more and more and as the walls crumble he gets more paranoid and his handful of supporters make the decision to ride that wave to the end

5. swamprat says:

…No real thought going on over there. They repeat what they are told without thought;
    …Pipeline to texas will provide oil to china
    …*No mention that the pipeline west from the oilsands will actually provide oil to china thus exposing the faudulent and badly constructed lie.
    …Very few jobs will be created
    …*No thought as to the change in economy when a cheap source of nearby oil gives us a closer source bidding against nations who do not have our best interests at heart and the resulting vigor that directly comes from cheaper energy.
    …Its a danger to the aquifer
    …*No examination as to the existence of any instance of an oil pipeling ever damaging an aquifer or the how many feet down it would have to penetrate, if any.
    …*No mention of the cynicism of delaying an evironmental decision until after the environmentally sensitive public has had a chance to vote for their envionmentally sensitive president.

Nope! They just nod and agree.

4.7 percent bush unemployment; “The Bush Recession!”

Remember “Bush Gas Prices”?

Bush Gitmo? Obama said Gitmo would be closed

Bush’s terrible ties to Saudi oil? So why is obama dragging his feet over Canadian oil? The Saudi’s are still being favored, but now the environment is piously used as the reason.

The republicans are constantly under scrutiny for racism, but no racism is ever seen when democrats;
    …support the racism of tha Arab Spring muslim brotherhood governments

…rail against Israel and support anti-Israel entities like occupy wall street and ignore leftwing anti semitism going back to mother russia in the 30’s

…attack black republicans as “uncle toms”

Now the plan is to raise taxes and tax the rich, while we add more regulations to industry and restrict domestic energy.

Gee, what will happen next? I hope you like chinese products.

Unless something changes, I don’t see any reason to vote next year.
    Neither side has a candidate or coherent plan that is worth voting for. But if the dems keep on the way they are going, no amount of media spin is going to help us. And I don’t hold republicans to be more than a thin hair better.

All the spin at lgf and from the left in general won’t change the mess we are in, but the left is making it worse, because they are grafted to an economic vision that does not jibe with reality.

• garycooper says:

I will vote next November, and I will vote with a clear conscience, even if the Republican candidate is a flattened piece of squirrel-hide scraped off the highway after a couple of weeks of curing. I will vote to remove the Empty-Suit and his ungainly, angry wife from the premises of the White House. I hope you will join me.

• Iron Fist says:

I agree with you completely. Ron Paul as the nominee is the only thing that might make me not vote for President. I really cannot stomach Ron Paul. He’d be as bad as Obama.

• P. Ness Lowell says:

Only in foreign policy. I’d like to see President Romney appoint him Secretary of Commerce. Or maybe the EPA deserves him. They’ve been bad. Real bad.

6. garycooper says:

Cults We Have Known:

People’s Temple (Guyana, Jonestown, “Don’t drink the Kool-Aid!”)
    Heaven’s Gate (Hale-Bopp, eunuchs)
    Order of the Solar Temple (Knights Templar true believers)
    Branch Davidians (David Koresh, Head Rapist-Pedo)
    North Korea (just, wow)
    Little Green Footballs (Raving bigotry, failed business model, bad photography)

What do all of these cults have in common? At a certain point, they self-destructed, due to the baleful influence of their “dear leaders,” the mad fools who led them over the edge. Only those who managed to escape the cult prior to their days of reckoning are around to tell the tales. From this day to the end of the world, we shall remember – we few, we happy few, we band of brothers (and sisters).

7. CroMagnon says:

Yes, he must be very sensitive about it all, he now even seems to have deleted his own tweets in which he gave me the blocked! news…

Well, for what it’s worth, and for the record, here’s my little short story about it
    (I don’t have a blog, so I thought a g-doc would be quick & easy)

“Blocked at LGF in 2012 for comments made between 2003 and 2007”

8. CroMagnon says:

Actually, judging from the date of my first comment it seems I was from the Class of 2003… but I noticed my account said registered in Oct 2004… must have been some site/account update happening in those days…

(btw, another post of mine in the spam blocker…)

• ISTE says:

Mr Magnon,

Our search engine adds the posts anyone made before registration was implemented to the name of the person that registered in mid 2004 as it is very likely it is the same person.

We know this is not 100% certain, but it is close enough.

• CroMagnon says:

Still waiting for an earlier post of mine to appear…
      … it contains quite a loooong url to a google document… might that be the problem?

• swamprat says:

And yet another lizard gets banned and comes over here.

He was over there.

Now he is over here.

One less over there. One more over here.

Two days, two lizards;

A lizard a day makes the blog go away.

…The attrition continues.

• Briareus says:

Unfortunately we have no control over Akismet, the spam filter, except to smack it around when it gets dickish. You are not being held in moderation intentionally. It does get pissy when there are too many links, so give us a heads up when it happens and someone will get you out of purgatory.

• CroMagnon says:

I see it is posted now, thank you & sorry for being impatient 🙂

9. ISTE says:

I have lost several socks that did not post any comments, did not up ding or down ding anything.

All I used them for was looking at old articles or private threads.

I no longer bother to register socks at Little Green Footballs, it is pointless, it is a total waste of time, it is futile.

Why?

Because we now have it all….. 😆

• doppelganger says:

Charles,
      all your blog are belong to us

• swamprat says:

So, are we going to have “blast from the past” feature every day?

A choice comment or thread, or maybe a series of juxtapositions side by side showing the “now” versus the “then”?

The thread featuring obama on a bike with a flat tire?

Maybe a time graph of obama threads showing the precise moment he started liking obama? Was it the same day he stopped hating soros? Or ACORN?

A Robert Spencer lookback?

• ISTE says:

We could if we ever got our shit together!

What I can tell you is that Chen is being a really good boy at the moment and he is keeping quiet about the latest project.

It is nothing to do with me, it involves math and charts and fancy shit. I just do strawberries and snark.

However I am really looking forward to when they finalize the article and post it. It will be good.

• swamprat says:

Cool.

10. swamprat says:

Wonder how many lizards get banned needlessly for trying to use the search feature?

11. ISTE says:

This is just a reminder of what a lying sack of shit Charles Johnson is.

Yes Charles, I am talking to you and I am calling you a liar.

This comment by Charles Johnson is typical of his lies and his dishonesty. He tries to take the moral high ground, tries to appear innocent.

I quote. the timestamp shows it was deleted very soon after I posted it (8 years ago!), probably because I didn’t like it

That sounds very reasonable. I will give you the whole comment so you can see that statement in context.

08873035 37944 241 Charles Fri, Jan 21, 2011 12:45:24pm

Ah, I see Patterico’s moving straight to stalker talking points now. Through obsessive searching of years-old comments, they’ve discovered that I once deleted a comment in which I (gasp!) used the term “Saint Pancake.”

I had to look up the comment in the DB because I don’t remember it, and the reason is simple – the timestamp shows it was deleted very soon after I posted it (8 years ago!), probably because I didn’t like it (as I’ve always said), regretted using it, and didn’t want to encourage its use. I say “probably” because this was so long ago and so completely insignificant I have no memory of it at all. I didn’t “lie” about it – I didn’t remember it. I’ve posted more than 45,000 comments over the life of LGF, in addition to nearly 38,000 articles. Anyone who thinks I remember each and every one, even the deleted ones, has a much higher opinion of my memory and intelligence than I do.

I’d say this is pathetic how they’re reaching back for every tiny comment I ever made to find a smear, but if they want to waste their time I say go for it. And it’s ironic that the people who are most enthusiastically promoting the smear are exactly the same people who were banned for using “St. Pancake” constantly — and for much worse.

See, it all sounds so innocent, Charles said something in May 2003, instantly regretted it and deleted it. Years later we dug up the fact that he said “Saint Pancake” and used in against him even though he deleted it soon after! the timestamp shows it was deleted very soon after I posted it

The timestamp!

Charles is innocent! We are the ones who smear and lie…..

• ISTE says:

However….

(You all know there was a “however” or a “but” coming didn’t you?)

Charles Johnson blocked the Wayback Machine which is an Internet archiving project. The aim of the project is to take snapshots of websites and to create an historical record of the Internet.

Charles does not want his history recorded.

Several weeks ago Charles fucked up and allowed his history to be revealed. We took the oportunity to submit a snapshot of the Wayback Machine to a place called WebCite which does the same sort of thing. It preserves history.

You guys still with me? We got a history preserving site to save the history of a website that preserves history that preserved a copy of an article at Little Green Footballs.

The state of the article that we are interested in at Little Green Footballs was saved on Feb 2nd 2006. Yep, that was the day the Wayback machine grabbed it.

The article was posted May 9th 2003.

So…. Charles Johnson’s famous comment that he deleted very soon after he posted it was not deleted until AFTER Feb 2nd 2006, we don’t know when it was deleted, but we can say with 100% certainty he didn’t delete it for at least two years plus.

Exhibit A. the archive of the archive….

#3 Charles 5/9/2003 08:35AM PST

Well, since this one doesn’t mention Saint Pancake, I didn’t think it necessary to include her photo this time. (Besides, Susan might have an embolism if I post it again this week…)

12. CroMagnon says:

And another one, just for fun, CJ-2007 vs CJ-2010 🙂

13. garycooper says:

She’d make a great modern-day Swamp Kitten. Upsparkles!

14. swamprat says:

He probably scrubbed it when the controversy arose.

He claimed he had never used that term. But in order to be able to state that definitively, one who have to search ….and in searching, one would have the opportunity, and the temptation to, well… uh, “correct” …errors that may or may not have previously existed.

• dwells38 says:

What does it matter whether he said it or not? Either way he made it clear he thought Rachel Corrie was a useful idiot to the enemies of Israel and the US. Enemies that only pretend to be oppressed by them but in reality are clearly waging war because they are Islamists and jew haters.

This isn’t true anymore Charles? Hamas and Hezbollah have no choice and are truly peaceful? Israelis are the aggressors and terrorists now and deserve to have their civilians murdered? You believe this now and that’s why you want to hide your earlier derision of Corrie?

15. garycooper says:

I doubt if Chunky can keep track of half the lies he’s been telling in his new incarnation as a dimbulb-moonbat. Lucky he has the BRC to help out in this area.

16. CroMagnon says:

sorry & btw: still waiting for an earlier post of mine to appear…
    … it contains quite a long url to a google document… might that be the problem? 😮

• ThreeHundred says:

Admins are probably asleep. They will likely get to it. …and welcome to sanctuary.

• Briareus says:

When I checked a few minutes ago, there was nothing left in the spam filter or in the pending approval file. That means that your post has been posted on the thread at the time and date you sent it. I’ve not heard of any accidental deletions here to date.

• CroMagnon says:

It’s there now, guess I was too impatient 😉
      thanks

17. garycooper says:

AGW-Clowns wrong on everything: http://www.climatedepot.com/a/14051/Climate-Depot-Special-Report-AZ-Climate-Reality-Check–SubPrime-Science-Exposeacute-The-claims-of-the-promoters-of-manmade-climate-fears-are-failing–Presented-to-UN-Summit-

Nontroversy 2.0? Glad you asked, Chunky.

The future does not look bright for global warming activists as more scandals continue to rock the movement. See: Climate Depot’s Exclusive Round Up of Climategate 2.0 – Read about the most comprehensive report on the latest global warming scandal (http://www.climatedepot.com/a/13847/Climate-Depots-Exclusive-Round-Up-of-Climategate-20–Read-about-the-most-comprehensive-report-on-the-latest-global-warming-scandal)– Even warmists are lamenting that Climate 2.0 may be ‘devastating’: ‘These [emails] sound worse than I thought at first – their impact will be devastating’

MIT climate scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen has observed that “Ordinary people see through man-made climate fears — but educated people are very vulnerable.”

18. CroMagnon says:

Well, at least Charles got this prediction right on target 😆

CJ-2008: This is where the election is headed, with help from the mainstream media: any and all criticism or opposition to Barack Obama will be labeled “racism”

———————————————————————————————–

CJ-2011: Rick Perry tells Parade Magazine that after having dinner with Ronald Trump, he’s suddenly “undecided” whether President Obama is really an American citizen.

Who knows whether Perry really buys this racist paranoia himself – but he definitely recognizes its apeal to a right wing base that’s utterly disconnected from reality.

😆

• Beed says:

I once contemplated going into the chocolate industry, but when I realized how much my chocholate would appeal to racists, I let that dream go. There’s no fucking way my chocolate will pander to racists.

• P. Ness Lowell says:

Besides, in Sweden, you have to call them chocolate elk. Doesn’t sound appetizing, does it?

• dwells38 says:

What do you have against elk? So they’re unappetizing? You realize that’s just a dogwhistle for elk-haters.

So you’d vote for a person but not an elk.

Elk hater.

• garycooper says:

• Iron Fist says:

I like elk. Elk are tasty animals…

19. Zeus Crankypants says:

garycooper :

She’d make a great modern-day Swamp Kitten. Upsparkles!

And someday (soon) this snowflake will be working somewhere, helping customers or clients, or maybe even tasked with making important decisions. “We can’t move the rocket fuel to the launch pad today, I’m wearing sparkles, and when I’m wearing sparkles we can only install computers in the launch vehicle.”

We’re fucked!

20. garycooper says:

She’ll be working for NASA, then. Perfect! I bet she’d be good at that. She could also help Hansen with his data, getting it all organized and stuff.

21. beed says:

garycooper :Elk are just gay moose, just like reindeer are gay caribou, and dolphins are gay sharks. Swedes are not gay Finns, though, contrary to rumor. Swedes are just…Swedes. Finns are like a whole other species. They’re loners, like wolverines, and have to live in isolated pockest of frozen northern tundra, like the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Bunk loves the Upper Penisula too.

• garycooper says:

What’s not to love? The scenery, the snow, the bears…and the people! You’ve got your Finnish malcontents, bred with your bitter Native American alkies, kept cooped-up in little cabins in the woods for nine months out of the year. The results are stunning.

22. garycooper says:

Wait…you said “penisula.” LOL!

Well, some men do love the johnson. You can’t pry their lamprey-lips offa one. I didn’t know that about Bunk, but I don’t judge.

23. garycooper says:

Do you think Chunky’s formally apologized to Dan Rather and Mary Mapes yet? I think his current crop of seethe-y minions would appreciate a look back at his comments regarding that incident. I know it wasn’t Chunky’s scoop to begin with, but he sure tried to take credit for it!

24. CroMagnon says:

Just for fun:

. Think about the “X” of 8 years ago compared with the guy today
    . I’ve looked at how “X”‘s completely changed his opinions on some issues over the years and it’s just amazing

Lizardoidism:

If “X” = Charles Johnson, then “X” = GOOD
    If “X” ≠ Charles Johnson, then “X” = BAD

I doubt any of them ‘get’ the delicious irony. 🙂

• garycooper says:

They don’t get it, or they have to pretend they don’t get it, or face the ban-schtick. It’s a weird, twisted funhouse of a swamp.

Well, tonight ABC is bringing out the ex-wife, as Newt is getting too popular. This should be rich.

• Iron Fist says:

{rightymouse} 😛
        They are lucky to get their shoes on the right feet. If they can get their shoes on the right feet. People like them have two Left feet, anyway…

{IronFist} 🙂

Can’t stand Newt either. Something wrong with that man.

25. ChenZhen says:

Now that I think about it some more, in addition to the comment search, CJ could also have it rigged such that any registered lizard who is on article #31778 or older triggers an alarm. It would be a piece of cake to program, and a pretty lethal sock-buster.

So be careful out there socks.

• Poteen says:

It’s a beautiful thing to watch. Whether he wants to or has to, he is watching. And every step he takes is back toward a corner.
      The BRC vs Charlie is not an even match.
      More like Los Gatos vs. El Raton. Stick another claw up his ass. 🙂

26. garycooper says:

rightymouse :Can’t stand Newt either. Something wrong with that man.

Agreed. I feel the same way about Mittens, though. And yet, it seems I will be yanking the lever for one of them in November.

Politics. Bleah!

I’ll take Mittens over Newt.

• Mouse-Ka-Mania! says:

Mittens has no redeeming qualities. Absolutely zero.

Newt has a good understanding of Islamofascism, Romney is just meh-blah type of drone.

• Iron Fist says:

Mittens is worse. If nothing else were to distinguish them, Gingrich is better on Second Amendment issues than Romney. Romney is pretty bottom-of-the-barrel when it comes to the Second Amendment. Theoretically he’d be better than Obama, butthat is a pretty low bar to cross.

Can’t stand Gingrich. Sorry. But he’s a lying opportunistic cheat. And those are his good qualities. 🙂

• Iron Fist says:

But he gets the Mohammedan issue much better than any of the other candidtates. If Mittens gets it, I’ll vote for him ove Obama, but I am going to vote against him in the Primary.

Any candidate is better than Obama. Our job is to get the guy out of the WH.

27. Diogenes says:

Iron Fist :
    Theoretically he’d be better than Obama, butthat is a pretty low bar to cross.

Nice subliminal typo.

28. garycooper says:

Chunky is a member in poor standing with ASSCAP-BMI. The BMI stands for “body-mass index,” doncha know. He also has “a wide stance” in the lavatory stall. He’s all over it.

29. garycooper says:

ABC seems pretty chipper about their interview with Marianne Gingrich, who HATES Newt with a passion akin to that felt by Chunky in regards to his own spurning by Pamela. She won’t be stumping for him, so much as character-assassinating him. Which he may well deserve.

The dirt Marianne is going to shovel is not new. He treated her like dirt. Has he changed or is he still a scumbag? I know which way I’m betting.

30. garycooper says:

These are the candidates we’re left with? Really?!

God damn it. 😡

Unfortunately, yes. 🙂

The key is going to be electabillity and I’m not so sure Instapundit’s ‘a syphilitic camel can win’ position will hold up. But then, I had a crappy day, so things may just seem horrible. 🙂

31. Beed says:

Mitt… Newt… Rick… Ron… Sounds like a one syllable hillbilly convention. You may not like his politics, but ‘Barack’ is a damn cool name.

Debate is at 8:00 EST. We’re in the middle of a global warmening blizzard so it’s a good thing there’s booze in the house.

I can’t take this debate. Lawdy….what a bunch of blowhards….
      Think I’m going to snuggle down and read de Tocqueville.

“Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.”
      Alexis de Tocqueville

33. swamprat says:

C’mon charles, ban someone else.

You can DO it!

Also waiting for the less than 500 comments in one day milestone.

• doppelganger says:

I think what needs to happen is to subtract the top 10 commenters over there who have no lives. I believe it’s been shown time and again that 10 people make over half the comments.

• doppelganger says:

anyway, you’d probably make the less than 250 comments in a day milestone instantly!

• ISTE says:

I am bored. Today was not a typical day at LGF because of the debate.

As of 812pm PST there were 1,798 comments today as per Charles’ patented statistics.

I just counted all the comments on the articles he posted today and they totaled 1466.

That leaves a difference of 332 which are comments made this morning on last night’s overnight and comments on user pages.

OK. So, 1466 comments on the articles he posted today.

These are the top ten commenters.

targetpractice, worst of both worlds 105
        varek raith 81
        jaunte 65
        kragar (proud to be kafir) 65
        decatur deb 61
        aagcobb 57
        darthstar 54
        jasona 49
        major tom 40
        engineer dog 39

Total comments: 616

The next 10 added 324 comments.

So, the top 20 people made 940 comments out of 1466.

However today was not a normal day because of the debate.

97 unique people posted comments.

Now, we can do that again on a “normal” day and you will be surprised…

• ISTE says:

P.S. Gus 802 is absent again today.

Gus couldn’t get anyone ot pay his internet bill this month.

I’m sure he’s hard at work collecting cans and whatnot so he’ll be back eventually.

*tew