Scenes from the LGF Twilight Zone, Part II: The Gape/ Update: Fixed!

Poke around on the LGF website for a few minutes, and you’re bound to find more evidence of Johnson’s programming wizardry…

For this episode, I’ll direct everyone to the “Show all Entries” link under the Tools/Info tab in the LGF sidebar:

Click it, and you’re directed to a page that looks like this:

It’s basically a chronological listing of every LGF article on the site, presented as 15 threads per page. Simple, huh?

But here’s where it gets a little spooky.  See what I highlighted there?  Indeed, the top thread there “Mitt Romney Says All Muslims Aren’t Violent Terrorists, Pamela Geller Freaks Right Out” is LGF article #39581 (represented by the url littlegreenfootballs.com/article/39581).  And one can figure that, at 15 entries per page, 39,581 would give you about 2,639 pages to sift through (39581/15=2638.7). Simple enough, but…

OK, so… try hitting that “>|” link. That should take us to the very first LGF thread, right?  {{Click}}:

Oh….OK.  Nothing there.  Well, let’s hit the “<Prev” link; surely there’s something on page 2638:

Damn!  What’s going on here?

After a bunch more clicking, one can discover that the last of these pages that actually lists entries is #2619.  In other words, Johnson has 20 blank pages at the end here.  But why?

Well, the answer is simple, actually. 20 blank pages at 15 entries per page would result in a max of 300 missing entries (a min of, what, ~285?) , right?

Yep, Engineer No. 4 concluded a while back that there were 292 “disappeared” threads in the LGF sequence. What teh Johnson is really showing us here, folks, is the size of his memory hole!

C’mon, CJ! Who can forget gems like #31557:

or how about #26455?

Or, how about one of the many “Fjordman” articles, like #20633?

/He can thank us later.

——————————————————————————————————————————

Update: As a total coincidence, we’re sure, the “show all entries” page has suddenly been fixed!

However, we should note that this new format now reveals exactly how many articles are missing from the sequence, as we can take the url of the most recent article (littlegreenfootballs.com/article/39584_Video-_Sasha_DiGiulian_-_Pure_Imagination), subtract the new adjusted number listed at the top, and the size of the memory hole is revealed:

39584 – 39288 = 296

94 Comments on “Scenes from the LGF Twilight Zone, Part II: The Gape/ Update: Fixed!”

On the thread where Charles first began viciously attacking Pamela (over her participation at some conference) rather than taking his angst off-line, she posted, IIRC, at LGF, “I love you Charles”.

I remember this in a WTF sort of way.

She’s not my favorite person, but I will say that she has never stooped to his juvenile & petty level of recrimination since that time & she’s had a lot of nasty provocation from him.

• poteen says:

IMO Pam says some wild stuff but she owns what she does and isn’t cowardly about it.
      Islamist terrorists truly hate her but she keeps popping up.
      Charlie on the other hand loves to give the terrorists a fair shake ya know, and they love him. Give love to get love.
      But those evil Flemish spawns of Hitler, they scare him to the deepest holes of his bunker where he attacks them heroically on his keyboard.
      With a few dedicated followers and his relentless coding skills he will keep the fascists of Flanders from ever rising. His story will told for generations. Frank Miller will chronicle his life, fittingly in comic book form, “Charlie– The Scourge of Belgians– and cheetos”./

2. Zeus Crankypants says:

When was the last time Charles generated this many new users from an open registration? From Hot Air.

Well, that was one heck of a ride, huh? Hot Air had its first open registration in a very long time — too long, we know — and we had an overwhelming response. Over 4100 people signed up to comment, which overwhelmed our processing systems and taught us a few valuable lessons for the next time … and there will be a next time, I assure you.

</blockquote

Now a days you certainly don't get 4100 new users at Little Green Footballs. You do get hot air.

3. Zeus Crankypants says:

Now a days you certainly don’t get 4100 new users at Little Green Footballs. You do get hot air.

(fixed that)

4. garycooper says:

Pam has never mentioned Chunky’s weight problem. That’s taking the high road.

• snowcrash says:

Living well is the best revenge.

• Minnow says:

Okay, she won’t, but I will. Chunk…. you eat too much. You ingest more calories than you burn….

Talk about burn….

No – it isn’t just the Mexican hot sauce that burns coming and going….. it is the cinna-buns, the cheetos, the cookies and the what have ya….

You understand I know….

Oh yeah, that beer you consume…. come on man…. 15 beers a day?

Whaddya expect?

Ya fat ass….

Stop with the intake you fat puke.

Ha.Ha. Like that will happen.

(And have a nice day!!!)

5. ISTE says:

59 Alexzander
    Sat, Dec 10, 2011 11:01:48am

Well this is depressing.

HotAir had a open registration yesterday and over 4100 people signed up. To be honest I didn’t even know they had closed registration, but it still makes me want to pull my hair out.

Aw shit…

6. PeteP says:

Fatso is lying regarding the Romney Geller article above (now there’s a surprise). Nowhere in Geller’s post does she argue that all Muslims are terrorists. In fact, Geller states that most Muslims are peaceful but challenges Romney’s assertion that Islam is a non-violent faith, which anyone who lives in the real world knows is not true. Another post, another lie from Fatso.

I think I’ve spotted Ludwig!

Using his scientific prowess and video wizardry, he uncovers what will turn out to be the discovery of the ages with this finely crafted presentation:

No doubt that he’s found the Fox News Slut hive ship (Constructed by Halliburton) and when it attacks, billions will be aroused die!

All who mocked the genius of the VonQuixote mind will pay……dearly!

8. Check the update. Johnson has “fixed the glitch”. Hopefully it didn’t take him the better part of the day to figure it out. LOL

• swamprat says:

Other than the number, do we have the titles or text of any of the missing threads?

Any infomation, such as the dates they were posted, their thread number, or even one of their titles? The most recent obliteration? The earliest?

• swamprat says:

Odd that he fixed it, when you consider that he never reads this blog.

• ChenZhen says:

Yes there have been many, many missing threads featured in our “Rescued from Memory Hole” series:

We know the titles and text (for those that had titles and text) for virtually every missing thread from what we call The Great Strawberry Heist (we are still not prepared to reveal how we did that, so you’ll have to trust us). We have recovered the comments sections for many of them as well.

For the most part, CJ’s memory hole has been revealed. The earliest missing threads were likely test threads (#3 & 4) from the blogs infancy. The most recent ones were zombie threads from a few years back.

• swamprat says:

Cool. I was just trying to see if there was a pattern; how his mind works.

9. garycooper says:

Please help Lewd-Thing find Miss S! 😦

10. swamprat says:

I wish he would declare war on Albania or something. Been several days since he did something spectacular.

Maybe a nice diatribe aganst the evils of english muffins or something.

Won’t be long now.

11. ISTE says:

For any people reading here who want to join in serious debate and deep meaningful discussion, registration is currently open at Little Green Footballs.

A word of advice, if you have previously registered at LGF and been um, how can I put this delicately? thrown out on your ass DO NOT use the same password.

We believe Charles “sneaky bastard” Johnson is using the password hash encrypted thingy to help him identify socks.

That was an informational message…

12. Bagua says:

Special BaguaChannel upload to honour ISTE’s shameless plug.

13. Bagua says:

Remaining on tonight’s Ass Topic…

• ISTE says:

That reminds me of when I was young and stupid. Our favorite thing to do at 4am on the night shift was to look in the yellow pages, find the number of “Children’s Entertainers” and call them and ask them if they had a sense of humour.

You should have heard the disgusting bad language they used. Noco the clown was the worst!

I think Noco was Coco the clown’s cousin or something.

14. Calo says:

ISTE :

That is the sort of thing that happens only in my mind….

oh and at conventions the WindUpBird goes to.

I am now rendered speechless.

*trotting back to Blogmock where the peeps are semi-normal and the electricity is free*.

15. deleted says:

Hmm. No mention of how many “new hatchlings” from Chunk’s recent open registration thread … ?

16. Minnow says:

Chunk-hole. You are such a compleat dickhead.

17. Bagua says:

deleted :

As opposed to the 4,100 on the brief HotAir open registration for example?

18. Minnow says:

Bagua :
    Aha! Now we’re making progress.
    Share your feelings with the group…

Well, Clem…. he always fondles the milk bottles just so….. it is his job and all…

Oh- the way he fondles….

the little paper caps folded so… pleated and all…

Why, it is as though he knows what I am thinking – every Monday and Thursday morning at 9:53am.

What?

A problem you say?

That would be someone who pees into a Mountain Dew can and has a pasty problem.

I am not like that.

• Calo says:

Oh my!
      Now, that right there is funny Minnow re: the milkman.
      Kudos.

• Minnow says:

That is so funny!!! That is what Clem says to me as he is placing the milk bottles in the milk chute. He says “Oh my!”

Of course, I have been known to forget my dainty little under things on occasion – and in the neighborhood of the milk chute.

It is something my therapist refers to as LumberJackusForgetus…. He says it is Irish. It is just too many syllables for me…

I always tell him, well, if it is Irish, there is a certain someone on the internets who is Irish who knows what for…

Then, he looks at me in silence.

It is as if I wanted to scream!!!

19. garycooper says:

There were so few hatchlings, Chunky fell asleep with his limp thing inside a Mountain Dew bottle, then he dreamt about Pam, lolling naked over a blazing NYC skyline, and his long-dead lizard sprang to attention. He woke up in a panic, thinking his lover was finally making her way to his bunker, and…well, you can imagine the frustration, when he couldn’t even wank off properly, because the bottle was stuck. He sobbed himself back to sleep. 😥

(later he wet the bed, and dreamt of pancakes)

20. garycooper says:

BUTT PLUG!!

😆

21. Bagua says:

We done found out Minnow has a funny side after all.

History was made this night:

Never in the field of human conflict, have so many been amused by so few.

22. Minnow says:

and on a serious note, has anyone else out there – having visited a certain greenish, footballish site…. ever had occasion to visit a dermatologist and found that they have been inflicted with rodent mites?

Apparently, they live on the blood of mammals but can survive for up to a year on the sweat of male mammary glands.

I am only repeating what I have been told.

23. ISTE says:

I just went over to The Blogmocracy and this is one of the videos posted there.

Oh dear!

24. garycooper says:

Teletubbies…I never got it. I understood Barney, The Friendly Giant, Mister Rogers Pedo-hood, and all the other preschool tv-offerings, but this one stumped me. Maybe it was originally intended for cats?

• ISTE says:

I think it was intended for 6mth to 12mth old babies. Like the twirly things you hang over a crib. Bright coloured, moving and making a ‘coo coo” noise to pacify a very young child.

Something mothers could turn on and stick the kid in front of so they could get dressed in the morning.

HOWEVER in the UK it became a cult. We (um, not me, no, never) used to drink all night and stay awake and eat a really greasy breakfast, watch the Teletubbies at 10am then crash.. if you couldn’t stay awake long enough to watch them you were nobody.
      *burp..*

• garycooper says:

Thanks…that makes sense. In a “No sex, please…we’re British” sort of way. 😉

• Calo says:

Oh my – my Princess (the queen teen) still loves the Teletubbies and the screen embedded in the gut of one of them..

What are you really saying here ISTE?

• ISTE says:

Calo :
        What are you really saying here ISTE?

Don’t get me wrong but I think on a subliminal level there was a lot of adult humour embedded in the program. On the surface the big cuddly colourful bodies and silly noises kept the kids amused and the “wink, wink, nudge, nudge” stuff kept the adults amused also.

Hands up anyone here who watched the movie “Flushed Away”

That is typical British humour for kids and adults. A true family experience.