The Lonely Island Of Little Green Footballs

Guest Blogger: Jay Tea
Editor, www.wizbangblog.com

I discovered the world of blogs back in 2003, when I was looking for info on my favorite author. It turned out that another fan of his was Meryl Yourish, of yourish.com, and I was immediately drawn into this new thing called a “blog.” Meryl was my gateway drug — it was through her that I discovered Wizbang, where I started dominating the caption contests until Kevin, Wizbang’s owner, held auditions for “guest bloggers” and I snagged an invitation that I’ve yet to wear out eight years later. (So yeah, my blogging career is built on fart jokes.)

Another blog Meryl praised highly — and quite rightfully so — was Little Green Footballs. I was instantly drawn in, reading it almost obsessively. But I never commented, as I felt I was way, way out of my league.

I followed Charles for years, using his postings as source material for countless articles — always with due credit and fulsome praise. He was one of the “big boys,” and I hoped to capture even a little bit of his reflected glory.

After several years, though, I found myself visiting LGF less and less. I didn’t really have any issues with the site, I just found it boring. I had developed my own little set of sites I found more interesting and useful. Oh, LGF was still incredibly useful and informative, but I found myself using the archives for specific purposes than seeing what he was up to lately.

And then the Great Wars started. Certain people Charles had spoken of highly before started drawing his ire. He forcefully and stridently denounced them for various and sundry things, and he started seeing “racism” and “hatred” everywhere among his alleged allies. And simply denouncing them wasn’t enough — he demanded the same of his loyal readers. If they said or did anything to indicate they didn’t think folks like Gates Of Vienna or Pamela Geller were anything less than evil incarnate, then they risked The Ultimate Sanction — banning.

I didn’t pay much attention to this, because I didn’t really follow those folks much, didn’t participate at LGF, and didn’t go to LGF much anyway. But it stuck in the back of my mind.

Then Charles started expanding his circle. He demanded allegiance in his fights from those who had pledged him no loyalty in the first place. He demanded other bloggers isolate and shun those Charles had declared EVIL, and if they didn’t, why then obviously they were just as EVIL as the first folks.

Then he declared his jihad on Robert Stacy McCain. Again, I didn’t follow the guy, so it didn’t faze me in the least. But Charles was so strident and forceful, I decided I ought to see if this guy was anywhere near as bad as Charles said he was.

You know what? He isn’t. In fact, he’s a damned good writer, very insightful, very entertaining, and very honest about his opinions. Recently, he came to New Hampshire to cover a Sarah Palin event, and I got to spend an afternoon with him — and damn if he isn’t a consummate professional and decent guy.

But then the final straw came — Killgore Trout’s midnight raid on Hot Air. For those who need a reminder (which might be one or two of you), Trout is one of Johnson’s most trusted “monitor lizards” and crack minions. Charles was frantically escalating a war with Hot Air (one that Hot Air really wasn’t interested in pursuing) when Trout went over there in the middle of the night and started posting very insulting, provocative statements loaded with racial epithets. Since it was about 1 or 2 in the morning, none of the Hot Air folks were around to moderate Trout’s tirades for some time — and the LGF crew documented it all. Then they posted it as “proof” of how Hot Air was really tolerant racists and racist language.

That was the final straw for Hot Air. They clamped down on all their own commenters and forcefully and permanently severed all ties with LGF — which basically consisted of a link on their blogroll that no one had bothered to clean up anyway.

That was also the final straw for me. I went over to LGF, used my login I hadn’t used in years, and denounced Trout’s move. I pointed out that Charles has a history of holding his commenters responsible for what they say on other sites (he’s banned people for not defending him on other blogs, but “tolerating” insults to him) and said that if Charles didn’t do something about Trout, then he — by his own standards — was responsible for Trout’s actions.

Naturally, that got me banned. As many of you know, things like “challenging Charles” or “embarrassing his trusted lickspittles” is probably the fastest way to banning.

I wasn’t surprised, but it still hurt a little. I went back to Wizbang and fired off an e-mail to Kevin — did we really want or need to keep LGF in our blogroll? He agreed, and it went away.

But that got me thinking about Charles’ mindset, and a few things clicked in my head — to the point where it all makes a kind of twisted sense. No, it wasn’t logical, but it did have an internal logic — it was self-consistent, and explained a lot of things that didn’t make sense on their own.

One of Charles’ biggest obsessions is the “guilt by association” game. If you are friendly, or even just associated with someone, then you are responsible for whatever they say or do — to the point where if you don’t actively denounce and distance yourself from them and their deeds, you are tacitly approving them. For example, if one of my fellow bloggers says something with that Charles finds offensive, then I have an obligation to renounce them and, if necessary, even pull a “it’s me or them” move that leads to one of us leaving the blog.

This would be very awkward at Wizbang, as I’m the sole pro-choice agnostic who supports gay marriage in a sea of devout, pro-life Christians. But we make it work.

Anyway, that’s Charles’ stance. And he carries it even to the point where bloggers are responsible for the comments on their blogs. If a commenter says something offensive, it is not only the right but the duty of the blogger to delete the comment — or they obviously “approve” of it. Even if the blog in question has, at the top of every comment page, a disclaimer like “Comments do not necessarily reflect the views of Little Green Footballs.”

So, what fuels this monomania with conformity, this seeing any signs of dissent or independence as treason? Others have — I think rightfully — described it as paranoia and insecurity. But that’s just the first level. There’s another level at play, I think, that shows how it’s all part of a consistent worldview.

In LGF, Charles has created a world where he is the supreme ruler. Others may enter his domain, but only at his sufference — this is his world, and all others are guests who must obey his rules or leave.

And that is how he sees all other domains on the internet. That’s how he runs his realm, and those who don’t follow his example are lazy — or out to get him by proving he’s wrong somehow.

The key here is his demands for loyalty through “guilt by association.” To most of the blogosphere, it’s a social domain. We have friends and allies and buddies, as well as adversaries and rivals and opponents. Some of us even end up friendly with those who routinely oppose us. The key here, however — the underlying concept — is that we are all part of something much larger.

Charles doesn’t see that way at all. To him, he is above (well, apart, but he thinks of it as above) all that. He doesn’t bother with friends and allies and associates and buddies because he doesn’t need them. To do so would be to acknowledge that there are those who share his realm who he does not and can not control. Simply put, there is no room in the LGF realm for those he can’t control.

Here’s the proof, the single element that crystallized it all for me. Where is Charles’ blogroll? Where is the list of sites he thinks are worthy of respect and attention? Who are his associates and blog-buddies and friends to whom he consistently links to, says kind things about, and shows his appreciation when they link him? In brief, who does Charles show that he even remotely thinks of as his peers, and who thinks of him that way?

The answer is, of course, no one. Because someone who Charles can’t control — such as, say, a commenter on his blog — could some day do something of which Charles will not approve. And Charles would have no leverage to demand that they retract it or apologize for it, as they are an independent force. So it’s just safer to take no such chances.

Now, I’ll freely admit that I’m not the best “linker” in the blogosphere. I read a lot of blogs, and I always make certain to give “hat tips” (a concept I learned from Charles, ironically), but in the Den Beste distinction of bloggers, I’ve always been more of a “thinker” than a “linker.” I don’t do “hey, look at what X wrote” — I do more of “I read what X wrote, and it got me thinking.” But as bad as I am, at least I try — something Charles simply can’t do.

Years ago, I read a quote by the Russian astronomer Konstantin Tsiolkovsky that stuck in my mind: “Earth is the cradle of mankind, but mankind cannot remain in the cradle forever.” In a sense, Charles runs a cradle on the internet — keeping his readers safely secured and locked up, protected from what he sees as the bad influences all over the internet. But the problem is, far too many people quickly outgrow their need for a cradle — but Charles isn’t interested in letting people explore out of his control. Stray too far, and you’re banished.

But back to the main point: Charles’ incredibly rapid decline is solely by his own actions. It’s been noted that “links are the currency of the internet,” and Charles is legendarily parsimonious in such things. So now, no one links to him favorably, and even mocking, derisive links are few and far between.

Charles, apparently, has embraced the “big fish in a small pond” principle to the point where he is the only fish in a cut-off, stagnant, fetid little backwater of what was once a mighty river. And he seems to like it — he’s put enormous effort into keeping himself cut off, and never shown the slightest interest in reconnecting with the main stream. In fact, he’s lashed out at those who once served as his connections to that main stream, driving them all away.

It’s clear what Charles wants. It’s to be left alone, with his sycophants who live in fear of his wrath, in his own little backwater where he allows nothing that comes close to questioning his absolute authority and absolute rightness. And after all these years, I’ve finally realized that — and have absolutely no interest in living by his rules, either in his little backwater or in the mighty river that is the rest of the Blogosphere.

I’d wish him well, if for no other reason of the good he once did (and all I learned from him), but any good Darwinist knows what happens to brackish, fetid ponds that are fiercely protected from the slightest amount of outside influence and contact. No, the best thing I can think of doing is to occasionally, sadly point to LGF and say “this is why Nature abhors inbreeding and isolation, and instead rewards those who embrace the diversity of fresh blood, fresh ideas, and free interaction.”

159 Comments on “The Lonely Island Of Little Green Footballs”

1. […] job of keeping track of Charles’ ongoing descent, and they were gracious enough to accept. So it’s over there. Now, dammit, that I have that out of my system, I can finally delete my LGF bookmark and move […]

2. Jay Tea says:

Huh… looks like there was no editing at all.

And I can see a couple places where it could have used some…

Anyway, thanks for posting this and letting me exorcise those demons. Hope your readers get a kick out of it. I had one writing it.

3. Village Idiot's Apprentice says:

Jay Tea,
    I always enjoyed your posts over there.
    And as always, you take the time to explain your reasoning in your posts.

Now….could you guys go back to your original format over there?
    The new style just doesn’t work for me.

Either that, or I’m getting old and set in my ways.

• Jay Tea says:

That decision is, to coin a phrase, above my pay grade. But if it’s any consolation, I’ve heard that complaint a LOT. And from some people with some very familiar names, if you’re a regular reader…

J.

• Village Idiot's Apprentice says:

J.
        Thanks for the reply.

And I do mean that seriously.
        If they are still polling for input on the change, I used to have it on my “Big ol’ list of blogs that open as soon as I start Firefox”.
        Gave it an honest effort to get used to it.
        for about two weeks.

But again, thanks for this well written guest post.
        I think you connected some dots that I had missed in the past about CJ’s rational.

4. Beau Nerd says:

That was about the time he started getting obsessed with creationism. That was when I lost interest, too. What a boring topic.

5. Beau Nerd says:

Yeah.

6. Beau Nerd says:

Because nobody wants an inbred cat.

7. Pig says:

So…..does McCain really carry a Tip Jar around with him in person? It’s just a rumor I’ve heard…..

• Jay Tea says:

Not literally, but one of his first statements was “you ought to link to me more.”

Seriously, here’s my first impression of him:

J.

• Adjoran says:

He was a reporter by trade, copy editor with the Washington Times, and on leaving that decided to give blogging a try as a living. He’s gradually built traffic and attracted advertising, covering stories the old way: actually going there and talking to the people involved and on the periphery. He found that when he asked for support through the tip jar, he got it. When he didn’t ask, not so much came in. So he doesn’t forget to ask.

If he did, his wife would probably remind him. 😉

“It’s clear what Charles wants. It’s to be left alone, with his sycophants who live in fear of his wrath, in his own little backwater where he allows nothing that comes close to questioning his absolute authority and absolute rightness.”

To the contrary, I think He craves relevance.

9. beed says:

Great piece, Jay Tea.

10. charpete says:

I had to laugh when I saw this…

Chunky would have been all over accusing these guys of racism…and then to watch him unwind it without admitting he was wrong…

• garycooper says:

That was great! Although, when the poor woman said the store’s owners were “very friendly, very religious,” she might as well have put on real KKK robes and burned a cross on LGF’s lawn. If their religion is Christian, of course.

In other news, didja know you can go to Halloween parties dressed as Miss Ssss now? I know, it’s kind of shocking, but still pretty funny: http://tinyurl.com/3mksr6t

11. doppelganger says:

Jay Tea,

This is the beatdown of all time. Well said.

and the best twist of all is that you squashed him dead using Charles Darwin.

I nominate Charles Johnson for a Blog Darwin Award!

12. charpete says:

charpete :
    the guy reminded me of Eddie Murphy dressed up as Gumby

I’m ice cream man…dammit

13. beed says:

At 10:56:22am on a Tuesday in April 2009, the 28th to be exact, Charles looks very much like a Tea-Partier with a libertarian slant… Heh.

07107823 33510 120 Charles Tue, Apr 28, 2009 10:56:22am

re: #89 realwest

Well I don’t understand your comment Charles. Do you think Republicans should become more like the Democrats? Sorta Dem-lite?

No, I think Republicans should make a break with the social conservatives and religious fanatics, and get back to core principles — less intrusive government and fiscal responsibility.
    Stay out of people’s bedrooms. And stop trying to legislate morality.

Excellent post!
    My hubby still thinks Charles got paid off by CAIR or some proggy group.
    My gut tells me that he’s a shallow opportunist who believed that if he played his cards right, he could make a fortune riding on Obama’s coat tails.

You want to tell me The One is smarter than either of these two??

16. snowcrash says:

Great post, good insight. I always thought he just had a stroke. Lol. A while back our Bunk X posted an excellent illustration of Charles inside a turret like thing. Perfect depiction.

17. ISpeakJive says:

Jay, I think you’re right about him wanting to be left alone in his own little world. Breitbart doesn’t call him a shut-in fer nothin’.

18. beed says:

Some meaniehead once called Charles a “shit-in” because he never seems to leave his living room or something like that. I thought that was mean and highly unlikely, because he has to leave his living room to go get haircuts and shampoo and other household things like plastic cups and guitar strings and stuff, but then I realized what Charles has known all along: Charles does not have to leave his living room to see the world – the world comes to see him in his living room!

09174236 38919 447 Charles Fri, Jul 22, 2011 8:42:31pm

‘Varun’ registered four days ago, and just found what he thought was the perfect opportunity to take a big crap in the middle of the living room.

• beed says:

This is an old tradition:

00016214 03436 90 Charles Mon, Jul 8, 2002 7:58:04am

OK, LGF readers; I don’t want to appear as if I’m stifling dissent, but this asshole “Konrad” and his hateful little rants are really pissing me off. Can anyone give me a good reason not to ban him?
      Honestly, having the link to his disgusting web site here feels like someone took a shit in my living room.

Curious. I’ve never met anyone who knows what it feels like to have someone shit in his living room. I wonder what Chuck did to merit such a response?

• beed says:

Not everyone was aware of the tradition:

03611225 24683 349 Charles Sat, Mar 3, 2007 6:14:51pm

I was going to leave “kevo’s” account open, so the lizard army could play with it for a little while. But after reading its other posts, I don’t think I want this particular deranged freak in my living room.
      B’bye.

• beed says:

…but most people were, and were encouraged to respect it:

04376510 27555 557 Charles Wed, Oct 17, 2007 11:38:38am

re: #491 Logan

re: #466 Charles

It’s probably not a good idea to continue ignoring direct questions from me.

Why?
      Not getting the attention you want?
      Is it now cause to be banned if you don’t answer direct questions?

No. It’s cause to be banned if you throw around accusations, can’t back them up, and instead of explaining yourself, take a big steaming dump in the middle of my living room.
      Maybe you’d like to take another one?

• Speling Knotsi says:

I guess by “stuff”, you mean Cheetos. 😀

• beed says:

And they did!

06229687 31913 767 Charles Fri, Nov 14, 2008 8:04:52pm

I do not freaking believe that. Talk about shitting all over my living room.

• poteen says:

“Yeah dammit! Don’t shit all over the living room. Shit behind the couch and piss in the corner like everybody else.”

• TreBob says:

Explosive diarrhea, shitting in living rooms, flinging poo, it all seems to be a central theme over there.

• Beau Nerd says:

But what of the bottles?

• doppelganger says:

haha. varun was one of my socks. I burned him one night after too many beers. didn’t last long

19. Zeus Crankypants says:

Excellent article… and spot on.

The only reason everyone is shitting in Chunky’s living room is to avoid “poop splash”.

There was one die-hard sycophant who used to tell people they weren’t fit to wipe CJ’s floor even though they were once her best buddies. Remember her?

22. Zeus Crankypants says:

rightymouse :

You mean Drae?

23. Rick Adams says:

Holy hannah, when did LGF turn into Cliff Yablonski Hates You?

24. The Osprey says:

Plus

livefreeor die :
    My theory is a frontal head injury from a bike accident.

Followed by Prednisone treatments. Would account for the bloating and the hair trigger irritability.

25. Mandingo Warrior says:

I’m sure that people who considered the place a “community” are more upset about CJ destroying that than they are anything to do with Charles behavior. Sure, from what it sounds he’s pretty underhanded in his dealings/bannings, but the truth of the matter is CJ was not prepared to be famous, and if his view were disingenuous to begin with… Well, he probably didn’t want to be famous for them (or so he concluded, perhaps).

In the end his actions caused the destruction of the very thing he created. Another approach might have been better (like, for example, turning the blog over to someone who actually believes in the site’s content and then making the money) but something in him had to both take credit for the blog and then champion the views as his own.

Even at his brightest shining moments, CJ’s blogging style was at best a “GOTCHA!” blog, and I don’t really recall CJ ever really posting anything he wrote himself except for his “Why I parted ways with the Right” for which was his Clarion call for his support for liberal policy.

My conspiracy theory is that he saw a shift in the country, and thought he could ride the wave to liberalism and by proxy a two POTUS term tide. My, my, my how things can deteriorate quickly.

• Lily says:

That is exactly what he did. Once bho became president…..he switched. Although the blog was starting way before then to be more anti-Christian, anti-creationism, pro-abortion, pro-darwinism, anti-Pam Geller and anti-Robert Spencer……not to mention anti-posters on his own blog. He thought he was riding this new wave of marxism…..epic-fail.

26. poteen says:

In this rare moment I must thank Charlie profusely for making me feel young today. 14 yr. old junior high young.
    His top post is about internet assholes. And he references a guy named ‘Anil’ Dash.
    Sorry…. Really… But I giggled like a teenager

• Anil Dash says:

It’s a shame you don’t spend more time with people of different backgrounds, then; my first name is actually exceedingly common.

• beed says:

Agreed. I’m the only one here even remotely exotic. Care to join me in diversifying this dirty little corner of the intertubes?

And it is not very nice to make fun of someone’s name. Anils are pretty common and found all over the world.

• Beau Nerd says:

It isn’t pronounced the way poteen thinks. It’s like what you do to metal.

But giggle if it makes you feel better.

27. poteen says:

“Thou shalt have no other gods before me”

Explains a lot.

28. ChenZhen says:

Noteworthy: CJ linked to wizbang in the following threads (obviously a bunch were in one thread, too):

wizbangblog.com ~~~ 09132 ~~~ 9132_2003_weblog_awards
    wizbangblog.com ~~~ 09179 ~~~ 9179_vote_for_me!
    wizbangblog.com ~~~ 09187 ~~~ 9187_vote_against_kottke
    wizbangblog.com ~~~ 12909 ~~~ 12909_david_haileys_analysis_is_a_fraud
    wizbangblog.com ~~~ 12909 ~~~ 12909_david_haileys_analysis_is_a_fraud
    wizbangblog.com ~~~ 12924 ~~~ 12924_the_rathergate-haileygate_connection
    wizbangblog.com ~~~ 13885 ~~~ 13885_the_hailey_report_is_back_just_in_time
    wizbangblog.com ~~~ 14131 ~~~ 14131_wapo_on_bush-_insensitive_freaky_stingy
    wizbangblog.com ~~~ 14182 ~~~ 14182_an_inept_smear_at_columbia_journalism_review
    wizbangblog.com ~~~ 14752 ~~~ 14752_a_few_facts_about_the_gannon_kerfuffle
    wizbangblog.com ~~~ 19495 ~~~ 19495_controversy_du_jour_falls_flat
    wizbangblog.com ~~~ 21200 ~~~ 21200_mydd_sanitizes_archives
    wizbangblog.com ~~~ 21491 ~~~ 21491_novak_learned_about_plame_from_…_joe_wilson

• Lysander says:

Did you check the dates on those links? Admittedly, I haven’t (partly because at least on my screen, they ain’t links) but based on subject matter, is there any more recent than 2007?

• m says:

Quote.

End quote.

Just in case he decided to memory hole those too ~ saved for posterity.

And laughs.

Timing has nothing to do with it.

29. I’m with you, Jay Tea. I’m banned from LGF too for saying Charles is a fascist. Oh well. I enjoyed LGF for a long time, until he turned so strongly on Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer. You summed up my entire LGF experience in your article….

30. ChenZhen says:

Other interesting related stuff:

5320863 30046 60 Charles Wed, May 21, 2008 6:55:35pm

re: #51 lawhawk

Jay Tea at Wizbang tried an experiment with 24 hours of open postings – no moderation except to out sockpuppetry. The stuff that got people flagged here was allowed there. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Their blog – their rules.
    Your blog – your rules.

It really is pretty simple…

I’m not even interested in trying an experiment like that. I’ve already experienced what blog comments can be like if you don’t take charge (the pre-registration days at LGF), and I’m not a masochist.

and

8143653 35854 313 Charles Wed, Feb 24, 2010 5:04:50pm

re: #84 BunnyThief

Are you “Jay Tea” from Wizbang?

and

8143656 35854 316 Charles Wed, Feb 24, 2010 5:06:47pm

Apparently Jay Tea likes to troll other blogs:

[Link: wizbangblue.com…]

and

8148259 35865 25 Charles Fri, Feb 26, 2010 9:24:13am

Jay Tea from Wizbang just sent me a long ranting diatribe, after I exposed him as trolling LGF under the name ‘BunnyThief’. This guy is a flat out kook. I read the first sentence and filed it in the abuse folder.

and

8148357 35865 118 Charles Fri, Feb 26, 2010 9:54:17am

By the way, here’s a 2004 post at Wizbang by Jay Tea talking about doing exactly the same kind of trolling he was doing here under the name “bunnythief”.

[Link: wizbangblog.com…]

He’s a psycho and a serial troll.

and…

I think that’s it…

31. Hugh G. Rection says:

Jay Tea :
    Huh… looks like there was no editing at all.
    And I can see a couple places where it could have used some…

Great post andy ou were a respected member of the LGF community.

32. m says:

Editors?!

pshaw!

Lack of editing is all part of our charm ~:)

33. Speranza says:

beed :

0710782333510120CharlesTue, Apr 28, 2009 10:56:22am
    re: #89 realwest

Stay out of people’s bedrooms. And stop trying to legislate morality.

I concur with that!

34. doppelganger says:

really Jay, if you wanted to fit in now at LGF you would not register as BUNNY THIEF

I think BUNNY BOILER would be better, as a girls name
    and of course BUNNY FONDLER for all the freaky dudes over there.

and WUB would like you if he thought you were wearing a bunny suit

Some folks puzzle over why a blog exists just to torment Charles and mock his sycophants’ every utterance.

Mandingo Warrior nailed it with his observation that LGF was a community and the fact that Charles destroyed it is what upset people and not his “political views”.

The people who commented on his blog were what “made” Charles a bigshot in the blogosphere and to almost arbitrarily turn on them was the height of hubris and conceit.

I was never a member of the LGF community, having quickly tired of Charles coyly opening registration for 5 minutes at 2AM on alternate Tuesdays when the moon aligned with Pluto or some such thing but that’s besides the point.

I was however, a regular follower for years. and as an outsider watching Charles turn on the very people who helped build his blog to what it was annoyed and sickened me to no end.

Even worse was the craven scum who tossed whatever beliefs they had “out the window” in order to remain in Charles favor.

When you commit such a betrayal, it’s only right that you be held accountable and that is the purpose of this blog. (In my opinion)

While Charles feverishly tries to hide the evidence of his hypocrisy, this blog constantly throw it in his face with nothing more then preserving and displaying Charles’ own words.

Some will say “That’s all well and good but the majority of commentary here is kindergarten humor and dick jokes!”

That assertion is true but remember that the “kindergarten humor and dick jokes” are at Charles’ and his sycophants expense and that’s the beauty of it.

Charles and the few minions he has left are laboring under the misconception that they are ‘The Cream” of what LGF was and is. (It was really hard not to make a “dick joke” but I’m hanging tough)

The endless ridicule and mocking serves not only as an outlet for those who were betrayed but to burst the egotistical bubble of Charles and the sycophants for all to see.

The lack of control is driving Charles insane.

Despite their efforts to appear uncaring, the truth is demonstrated by their constant lurking and shrill shrieks of outrage whenever something they deem “shocking” is posted here.

Some sycophants are so outraged by the commentary here that they are compelled to post (under an assumed name of course to avoid the “ban_stick) “rebuttals”. (Must resist urge to make a butt joke)

The great irony is that there is more freedom on this blog then there ever was over at “The Swamp”.

Think about it.

Could I post a You-Tube video of a pony-tailed fat guy lighting his fart and setting his ass on fire at LGF?

Hell no!

OK. Enough blathering from me. Time for more beer.

36. Daedalus says:

The Osprey :

Plus

livefreeor die :
    My theory is a frontal head injury from a bike accident.

I think he just used Conservatives to build up his blog.

37. Daedalus says:

Pakimon :

The lack of control is driving Charles insane.

Think about it.

Hell no!

OK. Enough blathering from me. Time for more beer.

Can I use your comment for a post?

38. ISTE says:

The P – Q guy is at it again.

“When conservatives deny the antecedent because they deny the consequent, they are allowing their policy preferences to influence their view of the facts… when liberals affirm the consequent because they affirm the antecedent, they are merely allowing their view of the facts to influence their policy choice.”

Honest, I tried reading the whole post and I can’t. My brain is not wired that way.

I am going over to http://wizbangblog.com/ to look for fart jokes.

• ISTE says:

Charles is doing it on purpose, he does read here.

8 Charles
      Mon, Sep 26, 2011 5:45:45pm

Yes, more logic on the LGF front page. Don’t be afraid — you’ll just feel a little pinch in your cerebral cortex.

See? That wasn’t so bad, was it?

Smug bastard.

• lordnazh says:

He’s claiming there is logic there now or he wants some? 🙂

• Emperor says:

I congratulate Charles for putting this on his front page. I rather hope this whole logic thing gets on the LGF front page more often. Do you really think Gus or KKKillgore really understand this? Having them nod in agreement without having any idea what is being talked about is rather humorous in my opinion…..

• nesoi says:

I just went to LGF to see what you were talking about.
      And the P – Q guy is on the front page post.

Ugh, I’m going to watch football instead.
      Bring back some good jokes please ISTE.

• swamprat says:

He should combine two favorites to get a delightful repeti-mix.

1.If Pam Gellar is a horrible person I should obsessively blogstalk her.
      2.Pam Gellar is a horrible person
      3.I should obsessively blogstalk her.
      4. ? ? ? ?
      5. Profit!

As delicious as peanutbutter and ham!

• Emperor says:

This guy does faux-logic like Dr. Ludwig does faux-science. No wonder LvQ loves his posts.

• gizbot7 says:

Man he is annoying.

• YankintheEU says:

This fellow’s ‘logic’ is so elementary and yet wrongly understood that it is not even worth reading. They want to apply the most primitive of inferential forms to the different political parties in America, with the upshot being that conservatives are total morons. However, the person — obviously a leftist crank — fundamentally misunderstands the applicability of modus tollens as rule for deduction, which is not a very complex issue.

This is the kind of (agenda-driven, uninformed) misapplication of important rules of thought that gives philosophers and mathematicians a bad name. He might actually do some good, though, by explaining to the folks at LGF why guilt-by-association is formally illegitimate.

Jay Tea :
    Huh… looks like there was no editing at all.
    And I can see a couple places where it could have used some…

Great testimonial.

40. ChenZhen says:

My gosh you just never know what you might uncover with the World’s Greatest Blog Search Engine™. I mean, we know plenty of LOLs await, but I guess you never know where to find them.

Ahem…

The aforementioned LGF article #9318:

LGF: Best Overall!

Thank you to everyone who voted for us in the Wizbang 2003 Weblog Awards, and thanks to Kevin Aylward at Wizbang for his hard work. And congratulations to the other category winners as well. Here’s the complete list:

Best Overall BlogLittle Green Footballs

Best New Blog (Established in 2003): Allah Is In The House

Best Group BlogThe Volokh Conspiracy

….

Then gee whiz here’s the proof that there’s a 12 y/o mentality at play here (emphasis mine):

Charles7/14/2010 1:43:15 pm PDT

re: #14 Walter L. Newton

Er… you probably already know this, but, just in case. Loonwatch has a picture of geller on the blog entry they have, and it is a picture of her in a white tee shirt with little green footballs and a lizard printed on it.

You down with that?

Geller posted that picture at her blog when she came in ahead of LGF in Wizbang’s silly Internet poll. It was intended as a middle finger to me.

• ISTE says:

Walter was a cool guy, notice the way he sneaks that in there? He had class.

• doppelganger says:

oh he was “down with that” he spanked his little green football to that photo

• Emperor says:

Wait a second. Are you suggesting that Charles F. Johnson thinks that internet polls are meaningless unless he wins them, in which case they are very very important? Are you suggesting that Mr. Johnson was not entirely honest in this, or indeed, rather ungracious in defeat?

How dare you attack his integrity….. He’s a shining example of upholding the truth! That’s why he hid 6 million comments on his blog that he deemed not to be true.

• swamprat says:

6 MILLION COMMENTS THAT NEEDED MODERATING !!!

Chortle, Roll on the floor, snicker,

6 MILLION MODERATED COMMENTS!!!

and he thinks Breitbart has a problem!

Holy Cow!

• ChenZhen says:

Oh better:

8608845 37009 113 Charles Mon, Aug 23, 2010 11:30:43am

re: #100 negativ

On the loonwatch site there’s a picture of Pamela Geller wearing a LGF t-shirt. I wonder if that’s more irritating to Charles, or to her?

Geller posted that picture, by the way, to gloat when she came in ahead of LGF in the Wizbang wingnut popularity contest.

So what’s irritating to me is that without the context, the picture seems to imply she’s approving of LGF, when the truth is exactly the opposite.

Heh. Lizardoid WON that wingnut popularity contest YO.

• Jay Tea says:

It should be noted that that particular contest was several months before I joined Wizbang, and was still just a commenter.

J.

• ISTE says:

That is not an excuse. Guilt by association means that you are guilty. No point trying to deny it.

If Charles sees you posting here he will certainly ban you and take any site you ever posted at off his blogroll.

So there.

Repost it, Chen.

41. swamprat says:

I bet stormfront didn’t have to zap 6 million comments.

42. kansas says:

Johnson is still blogging?

43. ISTE says:

Breaking News!

152 Lidane
    Mon, Sep 26, 2011 8:22:51pm

OT, but the latest lame stalker insult on Twitter is that Charles is a gamer.

ROFL. They’re desperate.

The tweet says a sixty year old gamer.

It is totally wrong, he is 58.

44. lordnazh says:

ISTE :
    I still play “Outpost II” but the thing is I don’t belittle anyone who likes to do historical re-enactments, or dress up in historically accurate clothing once worn by humans.
    However, set one foot in a chicken suit that crosses the line!

Give you that; there’s some things that even Halloween can’t get you over.

45. poteen says:

ElSuerte :
    Between the reenactors and the furries, doesn’t he have a lot of grown men playing dressup on that blog of his?

Some of them used to be be men. Some pose as men. Some want to be men. None are.

46. Basement Cat says:

LGF isn’t a cradle – it’s a bunch of those pens where veal calves are raised.

47. pat says:

Collective insanity. Jobless fools.

48. Adjoran says:

Well done, Jay – although I don’t recall your being shy about dropping 2000-word bombs at Wizbang every now and again, which was always fine as long as you remembered to put in a fold. Having to scroll past a long screed is like having you crap in my living room.

~~~~~~~

Those who hate the new Wizbang front should click the “Recent Entries” tab and bookmark that instead. It’s close to the old format except all posts are folded, so each entry is a couple-inch block with a link to expand it and show comments.

49. mrpaulrevere says:

Great post Jay, I walked away from LGF when he 1) Called Zombie a liar. 2) Condoned Killgores racist stunt. 3) Made bizarre threats against Michelle Malkin and RS McCain. 4) I came to the conclusion he was a cheap character assassin with mental health issues.

50. Athos says:

mrpaulrevere :

I agree, great post Jay.

And those represent some of the main reasons why I’ve not logged onto or looked at LGF for several years. What he did to that community reflects some serious problems with his judgment, ego, and character.