Honor Thy Blogfather

Ever since that terrible massacre in Norway, our favorite arrogant blogger has done an awful lot of finger-pointing. He isn’t shy about it, either. In fact, he’s getting right in people’s virtual faces:

Now, we feel a sense of duty to inform our more ignorant lizard lurkers and twitter warriors about a little factoid that Johnson certainly won’t volunteer, but should definitely be considered when you read this kind of childish slapping. We probably should have brought it to the front page earlier, but for those who didn’t already know, that awful website that was cited so many times in the Breivik manifesto was created by none other than the Grand Lizardoid himself:

You won’t see it there now, but for quite a while, the sidebar at Jihad Watch featured this badge:

(actual size)

Fast forward thru the LGF archives to late 2008, and you’ll still find CJ supporting Spencer and Jihad Watch.

122 Comments on “Honor Thy Blogfather”

1. Minnow says:

This “but you can’t wash the blood off your hands” defies logic. This is the most arrogant, narcissistic thing yet out of Chunk’s “mouth”. Unbelievable hubris….

• Let’s not forget the intellectual dishonesty, and complete lack of integrity. Spencer was linked to and promoted so many times in the years prior to Johnson’s sudden flip, that any blood of Spencer’s hands is there because Johnson helped apply it. The record of the two are quite simply tied together.

• Mashiki says:

Pretty typical leftie discourse. Guilt by no association, means blood on your hands by no association. Although, if chuckles wants to use that reasoning. Then…he bathes in blood, after all he’s referenced a lot.

• Donkey Kong says:

He doesn’t seem to get the distinction between “insult” and “accuse”, either.

2. spaceallah says:

CJ can’t run from his past as much as he tries to bury it and disavow himself of it.

3. YankintheEU says:

Johnson is really scaling new heights of lefty-style idiocy with this claim that critics of radical Islam have “blood on their hands.”

4. beed says:

Spencer, if you by any chance happen to be slumming here at the DoD, please hear my plea: I know we’ve had our differences in the past, but please – please – put the “Designed by Little Green Footballs” badge back up. If you won’t do it for me, then do it for the funny.

5. Roger says:

Ah now I get it. Spencer didn’t buy the upgrade

What a sanctimonious jerk he’s become. Maybe he got kicked in the head too, because if Spencer is somehow culpable, then Charles is drenched in blood & guts.

This coming from a guy who can’t wash the Cheetos dust from his hands…

8. MrPaulRevere says:

Major LOL here:

AndrewBreitbartAndrewBreitbart

Hey, Jazzy the Amazing Ponytail Man! Met another fella w your progressive ponytail totem! He’s a philosophy prof in St. Louis, @lizardoid!

9. pat says:

I frankly do not understand this tweeting nonsense. All serious people should stop. They all read like teenagers with low IQs. That having been said, CJ sounds even more infantile. Just plain immature.

10. PeteP says:

If Spencer has blood on his hands, then why hasn’t he been arrested as an accomplice to the massacre? No-one will ask that question because everyone, including CJ, knows that being quoted by someone does not make a person responsible for that someone’s actions. No court would take such an accusation seriously.

But hey, why let a good crisis go to waste, eh CJ?

11. Islamophobia is worse than killing.

See Qur’an 2:193 and 8:93.

12. jd says:

This just points to how off and out of it Charles is. He needs to be putting a disclaimer on every post like this if he wants people to take him seriously.

13. Mandingo Warrior says:

Again, CJ thinks he’s innocent because he made the “why I parted ways with the right” thread. He chooses to forget that at the time he was one of the loudest and most prominent anti jihad forces on the web.

He also chooses to forget that he was little green footballs, when little green footballs was an anti Islam blog.

14. Bagua says:

Relevant bump:

15. Bagua says:

Fjordman, Jihad Watch, Gates of Vienna, Atlas Shrugs… All found a voice because of Charles Johnson and LittleGreenfootballs. Without LGF they would either not have existed, or never been noticed.

“Blog Daddy” Charles may find this historical fact an inconvenient truth given Breivik, but the proof is all preserved here on DoD.

In light of Breivik’s crime, what Johnson is doing is attempting to destroy and conceal material evidence to a major terrorist attack.

Johnson needs to step forward and open his archives to the police. What was Breivik’s nic on LGF? One of the ‘Templar’ variants? Is the much touted IP tracking “correlater tool” not being used?

No doubt Charles knows the answer, and is actively concealing and destroying evidence.

• Donkey Kong says:

Not really. Johnson is more guilty than Fjordman, but neither one is guilty at all. It’s one of those zero times a gazillion things. Nobody is guilty but Breivik. Period.

• Basement Cat says:

I will say that CJ was NEVER my blog daddy. I decided to start blogging, using Blogger, on a pure whim, just as an experiment to see how Blogger worked. I immediately figured out that it’d be good for posting my counterjihad stuff. After a little while, CzechRebel and I decided to migrate it to our own domain, using WordPress content management and rented server space, so that jihadis and other trolls wouldn’t be able to shut it down. CJ never had anything to do with it at all.

16. Those who seek justice must come before justice with clean hands.

Any one think Charles Johnson or his littlegreenfootballs blog have clean hands?

17. stonemason says:

Okay, I just can’t blame CJ for anything to do with Spencer, Fjordman, or Gellar now…he has claimed to be ‘stupid’, ‘duped’, ‘blinded’, and all that other rot and has been attacking them mercilessly for a few years (many of the attacks purely unfounded).
    What he can not walk away from is that he was responsible for the popularity of those same people, and damn proud of it back then. He needs to come clean with that, and not simply by saying he was for them before he was against them.
    Many of the early bannings (2003, 2004) were for over the top calls for violence (and leftist stupidity), but much of the blog back then was all about the rise of radical Islam, it is what made that blog famous.
    Bagua, you are correct, open the archives, let us see what Breivic had to say at LGF, I am sure he had an account, and if he had kept his nose clean, he may have still had one…

18. beed says:

I miss b a n s h e e

• gizbot7 says:

You’re stupid and your mother dresses you funny. Feel better? 😉

• Lily says:

Beed he crossed a line that he cannot come back from. Just google Cato the Elder and you may find him posting somewhere else and you follow him there and chat with him.
      b a n s h e e was a troll.

What happened with banshee? Other then his compulsive and vitriolic outbursts against Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann, I didn’t see any unforgivable line-crossing.

The again, I was on vacation for a couple of weeks so I probably missed it.

Just curious.

Jeez.

Just found the thread where banshee melted down.

No wonder he got booted.

• Emperor says:

Don’t be too sad. I hear he has found a new site to occupy his free time.

• Calo says:

Gizbot and Lily, I agree with Beed.
      Don’t hit me too hard with your pocketbooks ladies, and Lily, I confiscated your ducktape.

Bring Banshee back Daedalus.

• Lily says:

The thread he did get banned was for calling rodan a racial slur……other than that I found him extremely offensive….but I can live with that. Not going to hit you Calo! LOL! I just don’t see Rodan being very forgiving to him right now. 😉
        /what did you do with my duct tape???? Hmmmmmm? 😉

• Calo says:

Lily, I will only give it back if you use it on ISTE since he was the one who told me to ask Beed where the ladies room was and I wasn’t seen for over a week.

• Lily says:

Deal! Can I use my parasol too?????? 🙂

• Calo says:

😆 😆 : lol:
        Don’t forget the hat pins. He screams like a little girl whenever those are mentioned.

You missed a period.

19. Overlook says:

The tweet is the ideal medium for the Wally. The blog is too big for him. Blogs require some thought. He doesn’t do thought. He spits. The tweet is all he needs to carry his expectorant globules globally.

20. ChenZhen says:

21. Calo says:

Am I spam?
    Where are my comments going?

22. ChenZhen says:

on a somewhat related note, GoV has opened up their comments section again.

23. Calo :Am I spam?Where are my comments going?

i dunno. do you make that “shwonck” sound when you come out of the can?

24. Formercorpsman says:

Lowlife.

25. Danrudy says:

Are these posts OUR Cato the Elder from LGF?

Please set me straight….I liked these posts and found them entertaining.

26. Bagua says:

Donkey Kong :

You miss my point. What Charles may be guilty of is attempting to conceal and destroy material evidence pertaining to a mass murder. I’m not commenting on the question of incitement or inspiration, which is the hypocritical allegation that Johnson is making.

Note that fjordman voluntarily shared all his communications with the authorities when he realised he’d been in contact with the murderer Breivik. Despite himself being anonymous, and at great personal risk. Charles Johnson has apparently done the opposite, deleted and attempted to hide those communications.

He should be opening his archives, restoring all the deleted posts, and making the comments available for study by the authorities. His much touted “correlator tool” would help with identification.

Why is Charles Johnson not cooperating with authorities in Norway and Interpol? Why is Charles, an innovator in collective internet investigation, not making all his material available for examination? Why is this material hidden? Rather than helping the police with their enquiries, Charles is smearing his opponents while attempting to conceal his own association with he terrorist.

28. Guy says:

that’s basically the timeline. charles persisted as an anti-jihad blogger for a long time after the vlamms bellang thing. then he got distracted by domestic politics, initially as a vehement gop loyalist, then, immediately following the election, as a vehement democratic loyalist. the next time he spoke of islam in a political context was when geller and spenser independently organized the opposition to the park 51 project.

if one considers the timeline in context, it’s clear that charles switched parties because he wants to be the court blogger for the winning team, and reversed himself on the matter of islam and the west only out of spite against geller and spenser.

That’s my take – that Chuck wants to be in the forefront of what he perceives as the winning team of the hour, for traffic. He was eyeballing Kos and Huffpo with envy. I suspect that he was always aligned with the left. Even the left was anti-jihad immediately after 911.

29. MrPaulRevere says:

From the “Ya think” file:

austin_blue Sun, Aug 14, 2011 8:46:37pm

down
    up

re: #53 publicityStunted

Okay, dumb question, since I honestly don’t know the answer: Debbie Schlussel also says horrible, bigoted things (like referring to the Norway victims as “Hamasniks” who deserved their fate), so why doesn’t she generate as much attention as Geller? Is it because the latter is considered more influential, has a larger following, and beats Schlussel in MSM TV appearances? I’m assuming that’s the case, though I don’t know for sure. I was never all that familiar with the “who’s who” of the anti-Jihad blogosphere…

“Pam has bigger tits. Duh.”

• Guy says:

you have to check out schlussel’s youtube channel. she’s like a character from snl.

• MrPaulRevere says:

I will. But austin_blue’s analysis was spot on and I’ll leave it at that.

• Guy says:

i remember there used to be a mosaic of “hot” conservative women floating around. like this one:

and schlussel was always in it. but not with her real face. with her face unrecognizably painted over with makeup, sucking her cheeks in and under careful lighting. the effect isn’t to make her look more attractive than she is, but to make her look like a russian tranny cruising an upstate casino for a sugardaddy:

but this is her real face:

like a fat version of mellissa joan hart with a permanent hangover.

and she’s a stupid attention whore. she shows up in the comments sections of all kinds of blogs threatening to write nasty articles about the authors if they don’t agree with her pov du jour. not that anyone publishes her anymore, i don’t think.

• Guy says:

found it for you:

tell me i’m wrong. 😉

• gizbot7 says:

I’m not trying to be an asshole here, but who cares what she looks like? Also, “stupid attention whore”? Really?

• Guy says:

I’m not trying to be an asshole here, but who cares what she looks like?

you’re not an asshole. in most other cases, your point that discussing a female pundit in terms of her appearance is sexist would be perfectly apt. in answer to your question, however, the people who apparently care about her looks are her comrades who feel the need to compose these “republican chicks are babe-a-licious / democrat chicks are hags” photomosaics. the instinct to cry out “see?! not all conservative women look like jean kirkpatric!” is on display whenever a marginally attractive woman enters the punditry for the right. pamela geller got a lot of it when she was the star of lgf, for instance. there is often a tinge of the “soft bigotry of low expectations” which goes with it as well; the more attractive a republican woman is, the less orthodox and/substantive she has to be in order to be celebrated by the mostly male peanut gallery. conversely, if a female conservative pundit is particularly strident in her rhetoric, the peanut gallery will extol her hotness even if she’s not particularly attractive.

in schlussel’s case, it wouldn’t matter to me whether she were a guy or girl. the failed glamour shot would be worth pausing discussion of serious matters to hurl derision at if it were of a short bald pale guy trying to punch up his public image with lifts, a hairpiece and a spray-tan.

Also, “stupid attention whore”? Really?

yes, really. she’ll pop up randomly in the comments at, for instance, hotair, and pick a fight with someone, and her part in it always resolves back to “i’m a syndicated writer with dozens of cable news appearances, you know!”

• gizbot7 says:

Well, I don’t know the woman from a can of paint so I can’t really comment on the “attention whore” thing. In terms of the whole “looks” issue, I find it idiotic good or bad. Unless you’re talking about Helen Thomas, then it’s a public service.

Gus barks about Pam Geller:

4 Gus 802 8/14/2011 7:32:47 pm PDT
    down
    up
    Singling out? What is she an idiot? Nevermind, don’t answer that question. It was a Ramadan dinner for crying out loud. Any excuse for this bowel movement of a human being to insult Muslims, the president and spread her hair brained alcoholic like conspiracy theories.. How this hate mongering twit ever became “famous” is beyond words.

Gus_802 [who never completed college, who claimed to be an Architect yet never got licensed (fraud), who complained that his sister (who allowed him to move into her place) and brother won’t give him money that he thinks they owe him, and who forgets that Charles Johnson was instrumental in setting up Pamela Geller’s blog] has the audacity to call Pam Geller a turd.

Gus, you’re not just a mess, you’re an ass.

One more thing, Gus. It’s “hare-brained,” pendejo.

• beed says:

Who needs education to be an architect? Gus is proof anybody can do it!

You know what they say: Education? Schmeducation!

• Internet Septic Tank Engineer says:

Aw shit……

• beed says:

That’s right: Shit! You coulda been an architect if you didn’t waste your time in school!

Just think about all those septic tank shaped buildings you could have plastered the east coast with!

31. pat says:

Please. We all know that CJ is no more responsible for this Nazi than Spencer or anyone else he blames. It is silliness. The point being made is that he is no LESS responsible. No one is responsible but this murderer, who sounds much like the Unabomber.
    And he was no font of logic.

I think the point is that CJ is descending into insanity.

32. beed says:

The descent into insanity began one loveless summer in 1972. Incidentally, that was also the summer where he discovered the chromatic scale.

33. Internet Septic Tank Engineer says:

I only caught part of the conversation but the bit I did read shocked me like I have never been shocked before.

522 Obdicut
    Mon, Aug 15, 2011 4:45:16am

re: #520 Cannadian Club Akbar

Meh, when I use a chicken at home, I do a similar thing, so that part doesn’t actually bother me. To me, that’s just avoiding waste.

I’m more concerned about the allowable concentration of rat droppings and insect parts in processed meat.

Um… “when I use a chicken at home”

Use a chicken?

For anyone who really needs to know WTF using a chicken is all about the thread is here.

http ://littlegreenfootballs .com/article/39027/comments

• Internet Septic Tank Engineer says:

LMAO, sattv4u2 is worried about Obdicut too.

523 sattv4u2
      Mon, Aug 15, 2011 4:46:38am
      re: #522 Obdicut

when I use a chicken at home

I don’t even want to know!

• beed says:

You can use a chicken at home if you are careful, but don’t use those heavy duty industrial chickens, they will dirty up your walls and spill crap all over your bed.

• beed says:

Don’t get a second hand chicken, btw. The amount of cleaning needed is simply not worth the bucks you save.

• beed says:

And: Using a chicken is something you clear with your family. first. Everybody should be on board with the idea to avoid later conflict. Then, if you are in agreement, you can shop around for the right chicken. The Italian models are the best looking, but they break down every 200 miles. The American makes are a little shabby but easy to fix. The Japanese shit comes with free annual software upgrades, but might seem a little out of place in the midwest. Personally, I prefer the French makes; they have the softest tushies and will go along with anything. The only drawback is they are hairier than the rest.

• Internet Septic Tank Engineer says:

Real men use a turkey!

So Bunk tells me, personally I like to use fresh vegetables, cucumbers, plantains, green onions, celery and when I am really feeling like using a vegetable I get stupid drunk and use a whole five pound bag of potatoes.

Hey, and not the little red ones, they are for the girly men, I use the large baking potatoes!

A huge potato satisfies a man, I know from experience!

(in Montana they have sheep, in Idaho they have potatoes)

• beed says:

Yeah, there is a great advantage in using a turkey; they don’t choke as easily.

34. Internet Septic Tank Engineer says:

Just casually picking berries again and really wondering why a very experienced and capable and well known programmer embeds an Amazon MP3 widget in his “printable page” (eleventy!!1! times but who is counting…)

Like, well, um dude, you can print a MP3?

I can’t, but I don’t have a magical ponytail either.

http ://littlegreenfootballs.com/print/34503

(P.S. you guys think this strawberry stealing is easy don’t you? Well, yes it is!)

35. Hello everyone. Of course I read DoD. Anyway, I love the suggestion of putting back the “Designed by Little Green Footballs” tag on Jihad Watch, just to see CJ’s sanctimonious fury, but it would be insulting to the man who really designed Jihad Watch, the nonpareil Charles Nolan. Nolan redesigned the site thoroughly a few years ago, completely de-lizardizing and fumigating it. So if I had the LGF tag on now, it wouldn’t be true.

• beed says:

This is no place for integrity. Here we lie and deceive to bring forth the truth. At the DoD we wear the “We Have No Honor!” badge with honor.

• Internet Septic Tank Engineer says:

Hey Beed, you spying on me?

How come you say what I am thinking before I say it?

• beed says:

How come you read my mind and then say the exact opposite?

• Internet Septic Tank Engineer says:

beed :
        How come you read my mind and then say the exact opposite?

Because Mr Beed, once Calo asked you “which door leads to the womens rest room” and you told her.

Three weeks later she emerged from the tunnel in Wyoming!

• beed says:

She shoulda asked “Which door would your brother ISTE say it is?”.

Any fool knows that.

• Internet Septic Tank Engineer says:

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply and explanation.

You have integrity, that is what we try to achieve here. We try very hard to be accurate in the factual, physical aspects of what we do (counters, hidden articles, statistics, etc)

Some of the open threads here are speculation, fun, distractions and sometimes just wrong but the fundamental basis is we don’t post facts unless we are 100% sure we have the facts.

The fact I am currently working on is the Charles Foster Johnson custom designed statistics thingy.

I have a really gut feeling it is “fake and not accurate” but I can’t prove it 100% so until I can state with absolute certainty my findings I will stay silent.

Now Online: 9,930
      Logged in: 60
      Today
      Page Views: 25,362
      Visits: 24,323
      Yesterday
      Page Views: 155,707
      Visits: 145,731
      Comments: 9,215,408
      Today: 266
      Yesterday: 1,354

*Silently ROTFLMAO at the “Now Online: 9,930” now I know how to mess with it*

36. Fumigating it, that is, of lizardoid stylistic tics.

37. beed says:

I feel pretty,
    Oh, so pretty,
    I feel pretty and witty and bright!
    And I pity
    Any girl who isn’t me tonight.

I feel charming,
    Oh, so charming
    It’s alarming how charming I feel!
    And so pretty
    That I hardly can believe I’m real.

Would you two stop it? I’m at work & made a mess ’cause I lost coffee through my nose.