LGF Links of Ill Repute: Vol. I: Atlas Shrugs

A little while ago, we received an email from a DoD reader who thought it might be neat to have a list of every site LGF has linked to on the front page…ever.  A daunting challenge, to be sure, but as we’ve said before, we have some pretty smart and resourceful people here in The Boiler Room…

Thanks to CJ’s super coding skills, it turned out to be remarkably easy. We wound up stealing enough strawberries to feed a small country for a year:

I know, I know, there’s a lot in there.  But if you think of something interesting to search for, well, it can actually be quite handy.  Like, wouldn’t it be cool to find every time CJ approvingly linked to “blogger of hate” Pam Geller’s site (before the big breakup)?  Check it:

16473_business_as_usual_in_iran
23403_keep_john_bolton_at_the_un
25308_egyptian_blogger_interview
25374_anti-cair_protest_in_manhattan
26277_free_the_soldiers_rally_in_nyc
26742_fbi_searches_for_suspicious_ferry_passengers
27653_when_friends_attack <–big breakup

(these are the non-memory-holed front page articles, BTW)

Now, just add littlegreenfootballs.com/article/ to any of those, and enjoy:

hmmm…must have been that laissez faire commenting policy.

There are plenty more Links of Ill Repute (LOIR) to be found, so lets have some fun!

107 Comments on “LGF Links of Ill Repute: Vol. I: Atlas Shrugs”

1. mrpaulrevere says:

Another grand slam Chen, thanks. If I may be so bold as to suggest a topic of interest, perhaps a thread re. Killgore Trouts greatest hits would be relevent. He was a massive moonbat basher back in the day. The contrast would be fascinating.

• Formercorpsman says:

You really think so? He always seemd to have the tempered moonbat style to me.

• mrpaulrevere says:

Killgore always had his finger in the wind. Granted, he may never have been a hardcore ‘winger’, but be bashed the left a lot back in the day.

• Formercorpsman says:

He did some bashing of lefty positions, but yeah, there was a great deal of the finger / wind stuff. Good description.

• William Standish Knowels says:

Finger in the wind?
        I think not.

2. This was when Charles was duped.

3. Emperor says:

Nice work as usual. I’ll have to download that spreadsheet later, just to see the enormity of what was taken off of LGF. 😛

4. Emperor says:

Repost from the last thread…

• mrpaulrevere says:

Great stuff…LOL

• Mandingo Warrior says:

Sheer brilliance!

• garycooper says:

I’ll sleep ever so much easier tonight, knowing Chunky is watching over the blogosphere so viligenly, er, villiegant…is it “vigilante?” No, that’s not it. Vlaams Belang! Yeah, that’s the ticket. We can depend on them to protect us from those who would trample our weiners into the dirt.

5. Lord Nazh says:

Now for the Obama slams that are hidden away… 🙂

Great work again BRC!

• Mandingo Warrior says:

If I recallcorrectly, CJ was one of the people who broke the Reverend Wright “God Damn America” speech.

And you recall wrongly. Although he may have publicized Rev. Wright (which I doubt) Chuck hasn’t broken anything but wind.

6. No doubt he will insist he was duped and threaten to smack anyone who points out he wasn’t.

7. Notice how Obama and the left demonize corporate jets but say nothing about Stinkin Nancy using one.

Sorry for the O/T

8. Mandingo Warrior says:

Claytonia Sibirica :
    According to him, he *never* posted at LGF.

I don’t know about that, he’s swiftly become one of the DoD’s most vociferous posters.

9. I haven’t posted at LGF dude.

Are we cool?

• Formercorpsman says:

Ok. So why the anger at Charles?

• Formercorpsman says:

After reading your posts here for a while now, I was just curious. Don’t sweat it.

Watch out!

Claytonia will accuse you of using the Obdicut School of Arguing template and start waxing all philosophical in a fit of nuanced irritation and whatnot.

10. I never registered at that site.

• nils says:

good 4 u dood, except of courxe you’re totally missing out on the toaster when you get 1000+ karma — too bad.

Dood came from Zip’s decided he hates CJ. It almost makes sense…

11. Banshee says:

I wonder what Chunk thinks of CAIR these days. He says he was duped by the horrible anti-jihadis. He didn’t know that they were all Goddish and even Christian, some of ’em. And many, it turned out, don’t even think that killing fetuses for any old reason is the first and most important right of modern womanhood. Of course he couldn’t keep sharing blogspace with those creeps.

But what about CAIR? Is he all cool with them now?

12. Do you have to go to lgf and then leave to post here?

• Banshee says:

You just seem really invested in Charles for someone who never posted there. Were you smitten from afar, but never dared to declare your love? That can seem like rejection too, if you’re, um, well, insane.

• I never posted at LGF either, but did read the site quite frequently. I was struck at the transformation of his blog, and found this site researching the claims of mass bannings during the great purges. It seemed like an interesting place to hang, with the added bonus of being able to make fun of Comrade Chompsky at the same time. Bonus.

So, does it matter how we came by our “invested” status, or is their some type of purity test that I don’t know about?

Me, I’m pure as the driven snow. And almost as flaky, too.

• Banshee says:

I’m just tweaking CIAJ’s nose. He likes it.

• Claytonia Sibirica says:

Also, HR you’re not insane like this guy.

If I didn’t know better (and I don’t) I’d be sure he’s just looking for a place to fit in, a place where people accept him.

Surely being the most vociferous hater on a blog centered on attacking sombody MUST earn their love and acceptance.

I make fun, but its really kind of sad.

Occam’s Norelco. I’ll go with that.

13. check out this one: http://lgf.bz/4hSIfe

CBS seems to be constitutionally incapable of considering that there might be unfavorable views because Americans are better informed, not “although” they “believe” they’re better informed. Mainstream media has been cramming multiculturalist doublethink about Islam down the public’s throat ever since September 11, and it’s pretty revealing that in spite of this ongoing effort we still see a growing negative perception.

hmmm…duped.

• Duped, indeed. No, but really, Charles didn’t change, the world changed around him.

• Banshee says:

Totally duped, dude. Thank Allah for Curious Lurker, who showed him that Esposito article on the true meaning of Jihad. Without that dedicated Muslimah, he might still think that Islam was a threat…

14. Banshee :

15. holyromanstuff :
    Me, I’m pure as the driven snow. And almost as flaky, too.

I read the site too.

16. Banshee :
    I’m just tweaking CIAJ’s nose. He likes it.

Ah, well, there you go. Me, I just like tweaking. Which reminds me, I need to buy a new meth pipe. I was thinking of something in a festive red color, but after being up for a week straight, bright colors make me claw at my own eyes until they bleed. So a nice muted red would be just the thing, I think.

17. Mandingo Warrior says:

Chuckieisajoke :
    I haven’t posted at LGF dude.
    Are we cool?

I’m cool with you. I think you’re hilarious. You hit CJ over the head with a mallet.

18. Mandingo Warrior says:

holyromanstuff :
    Me, I’m pure as the driven snow. And almost as flaky, too.

This. Maybe a lurker, or friend of a poster who was banned. ?He is right, you didn’t need to have been a registered LGF user to think CJ is a loser who stains his boxer briefs with chocolate cheetos.

• Claytonia Sibirica says:

dude said earlier that he only found this place from Weaselzippers. There’s no real indication that he had any awareness at all, but just jumped right in.

I keep coming back to DF, which is sad.

19. poteen says:

Spelling nazi says, The proper spelling is not ‘Duped”. It is DP’ed. And a more accurate descriptive term. Think Iceweasel.//

20. poteen :

I don’t wanna think Iceweasel.

21. Claytonia Sibirica says:

Poteen, I’m kinda sad you didn’t go with WUB on that one.

22. Mandingo Warrior says:

Formercorpsman :
    You spelled “effects” wrong.
    You bastard.

It makes some sense. The DoD is connected to WZ via DoD twitter users already. The whole “seven degrees of separation thing” seems to be in efect here.

Don’t inform Banshee I set a trap for him.

23. I hate Charles because he has slandered a lot of people

I hate the left because they slandered people.

24. Mandingo Warrior says:

Formercorpsman :
    I actually read that link.

I do twitter sorties and snark sniping. “Natural born killer” or “Natural born asshole” is up to you to decide. 🙂

25. Formercorpsman says:

Have a good night guys, I’m heading out. I’m stoked we actually used the term “ill repute” to describe a thread.

Don’t ask, I don’t know why. But, I do like it.

26. btw, not sure why zombietime got two entries there. but that’s over 200 links to zombie

27. Banshee says:

I don’t hate Charles. He made me laugh really hard today. A semi-prominent has-been blogger who thinks that calling something a “veritable smorgasbord” makes him an exceedingly fine descriptive writer! What’s not to love? It’s like a puppy, only with a blog! And updings! Woot!

28. ElSuerte says:

I hadn’t posted at LGF when I started ‘hanging out’ with the DOD side.

I came across LGF around late 2007 for the election. Could never make an open registration. Smelled whiffs of controversy, did some googling, found LGF 2, etc. Read both blogs off and on. By the time I caught a open registration, I didn’t feel like bothering with posting at the swamp.

Then a few months ago, I registered an account there because I had time to kill. I got banned with in 2 days and less then 20 comments. Didn’t even flounce or troll. According to some lizards, I did impersonate Bagua.

I kinda wish I had kept my head down, because now I don’t get to drive the Worlds Greatest Blog Search Engine or see the hidden comments.

• Bagua says:

According to some lizards, I did impersonate Bagua.

Link?

• ElSuerte says:

I don’t remember the thread exactly. I know it was a global warming one.

I called somebody out on a the bullshit claim that anthropogenic global warming was responsible for mosqitoes in Florida and the Keys.

Ludwig accused me of being you.

I remember i posted about here. Not like it’s easy to find something in the DoD.

I used the name ElSuerte on LGF. I might have used that on DoD too, or maybe TT.

• Calo says:

😯
        Welcome back.

• ElSuerte says:

449 LudwigVanQuixote Tue, Mar 1, 2011 9:12:14pm 1

re: #448 ElSuerte

re: #439 BigPapa

No kidding. He could have something, anything, to say about the mountain of lies from deniers. But instead we get treated to whining over absolutely insignificant points veiled as concern for the credibility movement.

I figure other people here have already talked enough about that. So I figured I should talk about something different. Like it or not, there is a credibility problem with the movement. Read Judith Curry much? It won’t go away just cause you ignore it and whine about denier lies with addressing the problems on our side.

Our side?

It is Bagua! How are you? Long time no hear?

Tell me, how have you been? Still miserable that you had no date on Valentines day and spent that whole night hate-blogging. And if it isn’t Bagua, then still miserable you spent the whole of Valentines day hate blogging rather than being with someone? Honestly which of you is it?

Now as to Judith Curry, which of her claims do you think is valid?

She has been thoroughly debunked by the legitimate scientific community and in very harsh terms. So please… make your case.

You asses are always whining for a chance to debate me, so here I am…

Go for it.

/449/8945280

There was some more stuff in a similar vein in later threads.

• gizbot7 says:

Nice job ElSuerte!! From now on, you are RiiiicoSuaaaave (or RS for short) to me.

• Claytonia Sibirica says:

the basic problem with that is that nobody would pretend to be Bagua.

I would have challenged him to a duel. 10 paces at dawn!

• Whatever says:

So Lood knows climate shit better than Curry. 🙄

Bagua! Where you been? Hunting the wild and wooly Onions and Eels of the Okefenokee?

29. poteen says:

WuB’s in love. 🙂

780 WindUpBird Wed, Jul 6, 2011 11:24:56am

down
    up

re: #758 Milty

hey crazy

so are you gonna be another one of these soft-dicked tough guys who hangs around for a day and then leaves forever?

• Claytonia Sibirica says:

I think you’re reading that wrong, who loves a soft dick?

• Claytonia Sibirica says:

Dude just trolls this place by existing, its pretty wild!

Is it like seeing men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things you’ll never know?

• Calo says:

With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever.Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars…

30. Charles-I bid you adieu Banshee.

31. gizbot7 says:

I rarely posted at LGF. However, I was an avid reader for several years before I caught an open registration (you know, when people were excited to register) so all told I was an “lgf-er” for about 6 yrs or so. I don’t know about CIAJ, but even for mere readers like me his political 180 and transformation into total douchebag came as shock. The question of if he was a douche the entire time remains debatable.

32. nils says:

Whaaar be daedalus?

33. Banshee says:

This may start to get embarrassing. He’s got another post up, same FAB text as last time, begging for signups. How many times can that happen with no visible recruits before it just gets sad?

34. Banshee says:

The hell ya been, Bagua?

35. ElSuerte says:

402 boxhead3/01/2011 12:52:02 am PST

down
    up

re: #401 ElSuerte

Think of it like Pamela Geller giving Charles Johnson a bad reputation, and maybe you’ll understand my point.

402/8943395

sounds like a bad case of the clap!

36. Whatever says:

Loody. Let’s see how medium-sized that dick or yours is. Go over to Curry’s site and do sum debinkin’. The trolls there are lame, and they could use some professional help. Robert’s particularly dumb, but Joshua and shit what was that other one? Something like temptrain? And a few others. You can spot them because their comments smell stupid. They really, really need to help. Fred M. is a little more polished, and Pekka is refreshingly candid for an alamrist, but they really need your brilliance. The closest thing to slutshaming was when Martha went on that tear about Judy in leathers. I think you can even outdo Martha, if you try.

Please, please, pretty please with NEWNOWN on top?

37. ElSuerte says:

gizbot7 :

LOL, I also do Ricardo Maltoban

38. ElSuerte says:

Claytonia Sibirica :
    the basic problem with that is that nobody would pretend to be Bagua.
    I would have challenged him to a duel. 10 paces at dawn!

Heh, I was kinda flattered to be mistaken for one of the high stalkerazzi. Could have been worse. They could have thought I was Reggie or CIAJ (:P).

Makes all the “You’re Cato! No, you’re Cato!” stuff on DoD a bit funny.

39. Any word on CJ’s appeal to bit.ly? Can he reign in that tweet counter?

• ElSuerte says:

I didn’t see any.

What was his complaint again? Too many people or people I don’t like are clicking my links too much?

Heh. He did figger that a lot were coming from the communist bloc. He just didn’t like that he was getting more hits on an overnight thread than on all the past weeks’ posts combined.

“Retweets” that is.

40. Bagua says:

ElSuerte :

449 LudwigVanQuixote Tue, Mar 1, 2011 9:12:14pm 1

re: #448 ElSuerte

re: #439 BigPapa

Our side?
    It is Bagua! How are you? Long time no hear?
    Now as to Judith Curry, which of her claims do you think is valid?
    You asses are always whining for a chance to debate me, so here I am…
    Go for it.

/449/8945280
    There was some more stuff in a similar vein in later threads.

Heh, poor Ludwig the Slut Shaming Professor™… he sees me everywhere, but can never think of anything intelligent to say. Just childish projection.

Is he back at the hollow blog? Or is he still on time-out with the other naughty children?