Fact Check: LGF Tweet Counters – Rigged to Display “Clicks”, not Tweets

(or, Johnson has a strange definition for “retweet”)

For the longest time, we’ve suspected that there was something fishy about the numbers displayed by the custom-installed tweet counter that appears at the top of every LGF article (remember CJ programs these things personally), but we couldn’t quite put our finger on it.

Now, I think we should say that it shouldn’t be that big of a deal, and normally we’d leave this kind of geeky quibbling alone.  But like the broken/rigged “views” counter, the resulting figures are something that Johnson apparently likes to brag about:

So before Johnson embarrasses himself further, we’ve decided to keep CJ honest. After a little research, The Boiler Room is ready to let everyone know what is actually being counted up there.

As it turned out, the deception is hiding in plain sight, as the explanation went flying over the lizard’s heads a while back (I must have missed this) in the form of one of CJ’s beloved “tech notes”:

…This retweet function uses the LGF account with bit.ly, a URL shortener that tracks statistics; the number shown above the green Retweet button is the number of incoming clicks from the bit.ly URL for that article — in other words, the Twitter traffic for that article…

What he’s saying here is that, while clicking the button itself will take you to the slick tweet window with the title, url and hashtags already populated for you (I’ve used it many times), the number displayed in the counter is simply the number of times that the shortened url has been clicked. This is NOT the same as the amount of tweets or retweets, as are displayed by the counters here and virtually every other blog. “Clicks” ≠ “tweets” (but that should go without saying, especially to someone like Johnson).

Heck, just visit any of the bit.ly stats pages that Johnson is talking about.  Humorously, it becomes obvious right away that this is a flawed and exaggerated method to display a figure that anyone would describe as “tweets” or “retweets”.  To check, simply add a “+” to the end of any short bit.ly (or lgf.bz) url, and it will take you to the corresponding stats page.  So, for this Breitbart thread, we go to http://lgf.bz/lR01pO+, and you see this:

Scroll down a bit, and you see this:

Forget “tweets” and “retweets”, according to the stats page that CJ’s using, 59% of the “clicks” for this shortened url came from somewhere other than twitter.

To hammer home the point, consider the fact that I linked to and old LGF article right here at DoD a few threads back, after making one of those short urls.  At first, the tweet counter for that article was at 0.  But, now that our readers have been clicking on it for a few hours, we can add the “+” to get http://lgf.bz/alUUat+, and we see:

Lo and behold:

That’s right.  This thread is on the verge of showing in the LGF sidebar under the top “tweeted articles“, and it hasn’t even been on twitter.  In fact, let’s see if we can get it even higher! http://lgf.bz/alUUat

Or, try your own in the comment section.  Check out the bit.ly feed for LGF, find a short url for, say, one of the LGF pages and post it.  (or, do what I did, and try an old article).

Bottom line:  The number displayed in the “tweet” counter is just as bogus as the “views” counter.  Both glean their numbers by flawed methods, and result in figures that are grossly inflated.

Update:  We continue to have some fun with LGF’s “flawed” tweet counter.  By simply posting http://lgf.bz/alUUat, and clicking on it:

Update:

Ummmm…OK then!

Update: OMG this is fun:

Has this thread actually been on twitter yet?

Update:  Looks like the “flaw” is beginning to go viral:

click it: http://lgf.bz/alUUat

Update: Uh oh…our friend CJ may be in trouble here:

Do we have a tweet yet? No?

Update?

Just for S&G, let’s check.
Aw shit, some asshole named Gus_903 decided to tweet it.
OK, just 1 tweet. I suppose we can soldier on…:

Update: See what I mean?

No, I don’t think that “tweet” counter is accurate.

259 Comments on “Fact Check: LGF Tweet Counters – Rigged to Display “Clicks”, not Tweets”

1. Needless to say….LOL

2. mrpaulrevere says:

Outstanding cyber sleuthing Chen, you really are a wizard.

3. Mr Caps says:

He’s not even a master of deception.

4. Banshee's Banned Ghost says:

So is there any way to find out how many actual tweets that stupid “fact checking” bulshytt got?

What a liar. Like an article with 20 comments got thousands of tweets.

Good work. May your shame be great, Chunk.

5. mrpaulrevere says:

This just illustrates his incredible hubris. He knows he is being fact checked relentlessly, but continues down this path. I don’t know what to make of it.

6. St. Pancake says:

Any time jazzy cites a number we can be assured that it’s been enhanced by a factor of at least 10. SCIENCE!

7. mrpaulrevere says:

mrpaulrevere :
    Ha! its up to 74!

Its now up to 104, unreal!

8. AlphaBase1 says:

You DoD guys always deliver. I love this blog.

9. mrpaulrevere says:

I don’t know what to make of this level of dishonesty. It’s stunning, staggering.

• St. Pancake says:

mrpaulrevere :

No, That’s just Chuckles! Coming this fall to the WB.

• spaceallah says:

It is dismissive, as if common users of the internet couldn’t figure this one out. It speaks to a great (undeserved) arrogance. What an asshole!

10. Mr Caps says:

I wonder how much traffic we send to his blog? I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if we weren’t his biggest “customers”, LOL we keep him afloat!

11. YankintheEU says:

ChenZhen, as The Minotaur :
    yea, I just checked, and we’re up to 57 “tweets” on that old 2007 thread, just for clicking on the link here. LOL
    Seriously, let’s see if we can get it up to 100+.
    http://lgf.bz/alUUat <–click here!

This is hilarious.

Charles: “Wow, my twitter statistics on this explanation post about the phallus on the menu are incredible. Triumph! Everybody is following my posts. ”

What a fraud.

LOL

He sure was proud of the “retweets” when he was probably inflating it himself, repeatedly.

“I’ll show ’em” *click* *click* *click*

12. Mr Caps says:

ChenZhen, as The Minotaur :
    here it is: http://lgf.bz/mPM0dj+
    550 “clicks” (fake retweets)
    12 legit tweets (according to the page) LOL

Click it now!

13. Mandingo Warrior says:

I guess we should’ve known since it’s obviously been designed to “look” like a twitter button but it isn’t *really* an official twitter button. Or is it?

I often wonder if his obsession with designing his own look and feel to the site is so that it mimics other webtools but isn’t really verifiable (viewcounter, I’m looking at you). I guess the only question, Chen, is if that this kind of fraudulent behavior is something that Blogads should know about?

• well, for all intents and purposes, the “t” icon itself works great as a twitter button. Like I said, it pulls up the box with the url and hashtags and everything. Works just like our button here. Better even.

It’s the counter that’s a complete joke.

• Mandingo Warrior says:

The counter blogads would be very interested in. I know for 100% certainty that they’ll give you the boot for encouraging users to click the ads for the sake of it.

Wonder what the policy is on false statistics?

• Mandingo Warrior says:

Oh and that’s my point exactly. He’s added a design feature to post a number (associated with a recognizable Twitter logo) next to an icon that is fraudulent.

It might be that his comment was a sneaky way to admit it, but nevertheless, he’s using that counter as a “retweet” number and that’s probably litigious on Twitter’s behalf.

he’s using the “T” to legitimize what is obviously fraud.

14. livefreeor die says:

Maybe Chuck should see if there’s a bed open at Weiner’s rehab, the Home for Compulsively Self Destructive People

15. Banshee's Banned Ghost says:

What does he think he gains by these lies? Money? Popularity? Fake is fake.

Anyone looking at the comments can tell his little cult is stagnant.

16. Mandingo Warrior says:

Oh, and another thing, Chen. I mentioned before if we could definitively say chuck was lying about something–this would be it. No programmer/coder could say “I’ve got 1800 retweets on this so far” when he knows, definitively, that this isn’t the case.

As a matter of fact, maybe Breitbart should know exactly how many tweets about his “fact check” were actual tweets–not minion clicks LOL!!

• spaceallah says:

There’s no way he could set this up like this without knowing exactly how he’s fucked it up for tracking clicks instead of retweets. No way. Can’t happen on accident.

17. ElSuerte says:

Good thing CJ never reads here. He might be embarrassed.

18. spaceallah says:

Absolutely awesome. Great job. He is caught flat out lying.

19. Grand Junctionite says:

Sorry to any of you that are Canucks. But the Boston Bruins will win the Stanley Cup tonight!11!!ty

• snowcrash says:

The cup goes to BOSTON!! You know they wont sing” the song” in Vancouver.
      But I love that dirty water: Oh, Boston, you’re my home.
      Woohoo Go Bruins.

20. St. Pancake says:

21. Emperor says:

Mandingo Warrior :
    he’s using the “T” to legitimize what is obviously fraud.

That’s the key point. It looks and feels the same as an authentic Twitter button / site addon, but it’s in fact a fake tracker made by Charles.

• Mandingo Warrior says:

Emperor :

Mandingo Warrior :
      he’s using the “T” to legitimize what is obviously fraud.

Uh yeah, and the fact that it was hiding under our noses was that Chuck put it next to something we consider legitimate on it’s face. His comment disclosure is a shitty red herring. He’s obviously hocking it as the real thing with AB.

22. Doppelganger says:

Ouch!!

Great work BRC

This is gonna leave one Hell of a (skid)mark

23. Emperor says:

Mandingo Warrior :

Oh, yeah, exactly. Charles can quibble about what the meaning of “pageview” is for hours and hours, but the word “retweet” is very, very specific.

It means that somebody specifically A) Viewed the page, and B) Clicked the “retweet” button on the page and posted it on their Twitter feed. For each person that does that, the feed should increase by one. But in this case, if someone retweets it and posts it on their feed, and that retweet gets, say, 5 clicks – the counter will increase by SIX, not one. That’s a huge difference.

Not to mention the fact that it is, as you say, it’s a flat out lie. Charles can argue about the meaning of “pageview”, but he knows for a fact that his Twitter counter does not count “Retweets”. It actually has nothing to do with Twitter. It’s a fraud, a lie, and it’s not just that, but a blatant, obvious one.

Another great hit on Charles from the Boiler Room. That one is one I could have never thought about doing, since I assumed it was an authentic Twitter app.

• Banshee's Banned Ghost says:

Well, yeah, but I did wonder about the numbers. Two dozen frequent commenters, but hundreds of people retweeting his crap? Didn’t add up.

24. spaceallah says:

The funny thing about this is that just about anyone understands what a retweet is versus a click tracker, so he’s going to be extremely hard pressed to pass this off as a casual fuck up on his part without looking completely inept. If he does go that route, be prepared for another round of everyone trying not to mention the stupidity on display, much like the menu sandwich board laptop. DURRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr

25. Emperor says:

By the way, since some of those articles that became “hits” on Twitter, or at least so Charles claimed, got 100,000+ views according to him. That seemed plausible when they got 3,000 Retweets, but 3,000 clicks? No way. Looks like his pageview fraud is still alive and well.

26. Banshee's Banned Ghost says:

Someone with Twitter should tweet this to

Breitbart
    Adam Baldwin
    Stranahan
    Dana Loesch
    Patterico

and anyone else he’s called a fraud or a moron lately.

• spaceallah says:

I agree. It is time to roll out the artillery on this one. He’s quick to call people morons and creeps, and then point to his “retweets” as some kind of validation, SO … you know what to do.

27. song_and_dance_man says:

Foster is ahhsome.

I can’t wait for the opportunity to finally get on THAT blog. My socks are all wet thinking about it.

28. spaceallah says:

I wish I could buy a round for the BRC. This is too fucking awesome. I’m totally LMAO

29. ChenZhen says:

30. ElSuerte says:

I keep wondering if CJ is merely a shitty programer cum nitwit, or he’s being actively deceptive.

Thanks to Chen, ISTE, and the rest of the BRC for putting this to rest.

I’m sorry I’ve ever doubted you, oh great Mouse-K-Maniac

• Whatever says:

The clue to that is in the answer to the question: “do the errors all go in one direction?”.

• spaceallah says:

Probably both actually. But on this, intentionally deceptive.

• Mandingo Warrior says:

I’d say actively deceptive. He had the forethought to post his compricated pran before he made his fraudulent claims. He now can defer back to the comment in court if he really was busted. He’s stupid, but he’s not that stupid.

• Emperor says:

There are many holes in the LGF code, but this is intentional. By passing off clicks as retweets, he’s being deliberately disingenuous.

Note that the link is actually from bit.ly, not Twitter. You don’t have to be on Twitter to click on a bit.ly link.

31. spaceallah says:

And the Super Dave Osborne of the Blogosphere fucks up again in spectacularly LOL fashion. Get ’em y’all. 🙂

I’m just a D-list blogger. I didn’t even make the C-list.

32. livefreeor die says:

St. Pancake :Who will be the first swamp cultist to bring this up? I see a meltdown coming. Paging Emperor, come in. Looks like a downfall parody will be needed.

Poor Dark Falcon. His bruises just healed from the Menu-Board-Defense Incident.
    “Bad DF! I told you not to let me mess up my twitter counter!”

33. Mandingo Warrior says:

Emperor :

Mandingo Warrior :

He can’t argue about the meaning of a retweet when it’s in the stats for all to see. He especially can’t argue it when he, himself, told his minions that what he was doing was not a “retweet” as he mentioned in his comment. To “tweet” to Breitbart and outright lie about how many “retweets” he had, knowing better, is a fucking lie. He is a fucking liar.

• spaceallah says:

That’s the bottom line. He has no defense at all here, so he’ll pull the creep card, and block/ban anyone that mentions this.

It is funny because he’s owned by the very service he used to perpetrate the deception, and once you examine it, it can only be construed as fraud. There is no other purpose for setting it up this way.

• Whatever says:

Obama’s arguing about the meaning of “war”. This is kid stuff.

34. ZIP says:

Chen = Genius

35. Mandingo Warrior says:

spaceallah :

You have always been on my page in the past spaceallah, and here we agree again. His dishonesty and lying is on display–on his frontpage. No programmer/coder would admit to happenstance clicks to his site as legitimate retweets. Much less on a webtool knockoff you designed yourself, unless you intentionally meant to deceive people.

• spaceallah says:

Yep. This is cut and dry. There is no defense other than ‘shut up.’

• Emperor says:

The key point is the fact that he deliberately attempted to pass it off as an official Twitter component, and not something he had made up. If he made it, it should have been made clear.

36. Banshee's Banned Ghost says:

You’re still relevant, Chunky. As a sad warning. A bad example. Kinda like Dan Rather, except he once had a real career.

• The Ghost of Dan Rather says:

Listen to the ghost, Chuck, befoooooooore it’s toooooooooooo laaaaaaaaaaaate!

37. ZIP says:

You have to keep updating the test link to show it jumping, maybe every 50 or so “tweets” post a new screen shot so people see it chronologically ? Just a suggestion.

38. livefreeor die says:

“But, Charles. Look-I defended you!”

157 Dark_Falcon
    Wed, Jun 15, 2011 7:51:35pm replyquote 0downupreport

I see that some of our haters (including hater site Weaselzippers) are now accusing Charles of lying about retweets from LGF. As usual they have no hard evidence, just supposition and a burning butthurt conviction that Charles is both a “liar” and a “failure”. When I see someone obsessively studying someone else’s site stats, I think that they are in desperate need of a life.

• Whatever says:

But you zards have proof of AGW, huh, lion?

• Mandingo Warrior says:

It’s not butthurt when you have webstats (mind you, ones that are easy to see and discern) to reference. Chuck has been hung by his own lies quite definitively.

Hi dork!

• spaceallah says:

they have no hard evidence

Except … oh … I don’t know … reading comprehension and … erm … stats from Bit.ly itself.

You’d have to be pretty fucking dense not to understand this.

• Mr Caps says:

175 Charles Wed, Jun 15, 2011 8:00:27pm replyquote

* 0
      * down
      * up

re: #157 Dark_Falcon

The retweet stats come directly from bit.ly’s API.

• Lord Nazh says:

“The retweet stats come directly from bit.ly’s API.”

Actually to be honest, this sentence should be:
        “The click stats come directly from bit.ly’s API.”

• snowcrash says:

He is going to use the ignore it and hope it goes away strategy. BUSTED!

• ZIP says:

Dark Falcon needs to get off his knees and wipe the jazzy jizz of his face. Be a man, not someone’s doormat.

And we’re not “accusing” him of anything. It’s a FACT.

39. Mandingo Warrior says:

Emperor :

That he attempted to do when he made his initial comment about it. What he posted to AB afterward was just an outright lie…One he admitted to when he updated his minions.

40. mrpaulrevere says:

The felcher speaks:

Dark_Falcon Wed, Jun 15, 2011 7:51:35pm

down
    up

41. Kos Laughs At Chuckles says:

42. refugee000 says:

Just the fact that the bloated loser needs to constantly point to his rigged tweets and clicks screams just how immature and insecure he is.

He stabbed all his buddies in the back, became a classic left wing moon bat, and all his stats are down by 80% from his heyday.

And that’s the sad reality for the corpulent blogger.

43. snowcrash says:

Great work Chen. I think your picture and home address will get posted again, soon. Lol Bravo

• Banshee's Banned Ghost says:

Clock ticking down to “…they’re all Serbian genocide deniers over there…”

• spaceallah says:

Yes, he views that as his ace in the hole. But when he pulled it out against Breitbart and Baldwin they were just like WTF dude you’re nuts. Nobody knows about that, nor cares.

44. Mandingo Warrior says:

Whatever :
    Obama’s arguing about the meaning of “war”. This is kid stuff.

Only if war carried a declaration date page and stats page on the web afterward. haha 🙂

45. William Standish Knowels says:

…”So before Johnson embarrasses himself further,”…(too late)… “we’ve decided to keep CJ honest.”
    (Good luck on that, let us know how it works out. I’ll check with Chunk just to make sure y’all get it right.)
    Oh…Dork Foulcum. How’s that “mountain lion” thing doing for you? Like they say in Missoula, “once a cat…always a pussy.

46. OldLineTexan says:

Hey, Dark Falcon …

Your hero Charles is a fucking Stalker.

Just so you know.

47. garycooper says:

Congrats on another brilliant smackdown, Chen Zhen, and congrats to you Boston Bruins fans. 🙂

48. mrpaulrevere says:

Dark Falcon is a shell of a man. Whatever it takes to keep your posting rights, right champ?

• rubber soul says:

amazing

He comes over, see’s with his own eyes Charles blatantly caught with his pants down and exposed as a liar & fraud once again, and his response is that we are pathetic for noticing

• spaceallah says:

Actually he was too dumb to comprehend what was being discussed. This site must read like Charlie Brown’s teacher for him.

“They were saying something, but I couldn’t quite understand what it was.”

49. livefreeor die says:

Get out the crisis hotline number, DF:

Charles
    Wed, Jun 15, 2011 8:00:27pm replyquote 0downupreport

re: #157 Dark_Falcon

The retweet stats come directly from bit.ly’s API.

• OldLineTexan says:

Damned straight. People don’t just stalk THEMSELVES, you know. Someone has to do it.

/here’s a finger for ya, Stalker Charles

• spaceallah says:

Yes, the stats come from bit.ly. But they way you are portraying them, the way you are presenting them, is fraudulent.

This isn’t an idiotic smear. This is outright fraud and him shitting in his pants that his scheme has been busted.

• livefreeor die says:

Charles: “*&^%&, DF. Now you’ve made me spill my Cheetos!”
        DF (sobbing): I’m so sorry. I’ll get you some new ones. Just don’t be mad at me.”

• Whatever says:

Such as?

• spaceallah says:

Trying to pick a fight with Andrew Breitbart and/or Adam Baldwin, lose because he came unarmed to a battle of wits, and then claim victory because he has a bit.ly link that has about 2,000 of his own clicks assigned to it and call that “retweets”

50. mrpaulrevere says:

The Moses of the blogosphere has spoken:

Charles Wed, Jun 15, 2011 8:00:27pm

down
    up

re: #157 Dark_Falcon

The retweet stats come directly from bit.ly’s API.

• spaceallah says:

What’s idiotic is attempting to pass off clicks as “retweets.” That’s pretty fucking dumb, dude.

• Liz says:

Always did think it was curious how he claimed so many re-tweets, when major news organizations weren’t getting nearly that many.

What a lying piece of shit. And of course, now he isn’t going to concern himself with it all, because he has better things to do.

Really? Like what, you fat piece of lying shit?

51. livefreeor die says:

“See, Charles. I knew they were wrong. I knew it. You’re so wonderful.”

Dark_Falcon
    Wed, Jun 15, 2011 8:04:28pm replyquote 0downupreport

re: #175 Charles

The retweet stats come directly from bit.ly’s API.

I knew they were full of shit, but I felt the meme need to get exposed. Thanks for crushing it like the cane toad it is.

There are four lights.

• spaceallah says:

How many fingers, Winston?

• ElSuerte says:

WTF! He’s advocating frog murder!!! Didn’t he get the memo when Beck assassinated that rubber frog?

Bet he calls it a night before Killgore gets in.

• Banshee's Banned Ghost says:

Dork, your real-life daddy, you know, that fearsome man who makes you feel small and weak, wouldn’t like to know you stick up for a liberal fraud and a fool. Go get a life and stop lying to yourself.

• Whatever says:

Cain toad? You mean the Caine Mutiny?

52. livefreeor die says:

We’re coming up on a banning…I can just sense it.

Charles
    Wed, Jun 15, 2011 8:08:32pm replyquote 2downupreport

Note this post, from when I first implemented this code: Tech Note: The Retweet Button.

This retweet function uses the LGF account with bit.ly, a URL shortener that tracks statistics; the number shown above the green Retweet button is the number of incoming clicks from the bit.ly URL for that article — in other words, the Twitter traffic for that article.

And that’s the last time I’ll deal with the latest stupid harassment tactic.

• spaceallah says:

That’s incorrect. It is not the Twitter traffic. It is the amount of times someone clicked on the bit.ly URL. That could come from anywhere, which is why adding the “+” after the URL provides the hardcore ownage.

Own your deception, CJ. You lied. Retweets died. LMAO

• ElSuerte says:

Wait, did he just fact check himself?

• spaceallah says:

He quoted himself without explaining how what he is doing is deceptive, and apparently no one over there is either bright enough or has the balls to call it like it is.

I’d love to sit down to a political discussion with CJ. I bet I could have an egg timer countdown to the time that he flips out and tries to throw a chair or turns the table over and “flounces” out because he cannot take a differing opinion nor can he stand NOT to be in control.

Which is kinda weird when you think about it, because moving to Twitter was a really dumb move for him since he can’t police what everyone else says.

• Banshee's Banned Ghost says:

Yes, we noted that post, Chunk. And the we noted this lie:

“Now at 1800 retweets: Fact Checking Breitbart’s Lies on the Leaked Photo”

See that? Where you said “retweets”? Not the same as clicks from a URL, you programming god.

Busted.

• Whatever says:

If you call a dog’s tail a leg…

• Whatever says:

And if you call a menu board a laptop…

• spaceallah says:

He is stone cold busted and will seek the coward’s way out by claiming ignorance instead of saying he was WRONG. He’s like the Fonz because he couldn’t admit he was wrong either, but that’s where that comparison begins and end. HEH

• Mandingo Warrior says:

Kk, I’m vindicated.

53. Mr Caps says:

Good lap dog

191 Dark_Falcon Wed, Jun 15, 2011 8:04:28pm replyquote

* 0
    * down
    * up

re: #175 Charles

The retweet stats come directly from bit.ly’s API.

• spaceallah says:

Thing is, what he is showing is not the retweet numbers. Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Intellectual curiosity and testicular fortitude are two things seriously lacking over there.

54. William Standish Knowels says:

“Charles Wed, Jun 15, 2011 8:00:27pm
    down
    up
    re: #157 Dark_Falcon
    The retweet stats come directly from bit.ly’s API.
    I have much better things to do with my time than worry about their latest idiotic smears.”

The part that didn’t show…

“Thanks Dork. For having my back I’ll give you a ‘heads up’. Wait for it. Waaait for it. Oh! Here it cums! Take it like a mountain lion! That’s it! Growl! Keep Growling! Oh! Take it like a man! Take it like a man! Oh. Like Andy. I blew up in your face. Your the best conservative I’ve got. Now sign the fuck out and go to fucking bed! I’ll expect you here tomorrow.”

55. snowcrash says:

Dork just sent every pair of Lizard eyes over here to check out how Charles is rigging the numbers. Very funny.

• spaceallah says:

One would think it was almost intentional, but I think it is the only way the guy can get any attention at all that doesn’t result in 100% negative feedback for his participation other than announcing he’s going to bed, which even that sometimes draws the occasional downding,

All one has to do is add the little “+” to any bit.ly url to check the stats for themselves. All it takes is reading comprehension and maybe enough brainpower for a light bulb.

56. livefreeor die says:

Charles is awfully quiet.
    Perchance, is he doing some quick reprogramming of certain areas of his site?

• spaceallah says:

He’s either recoding it and will try to pass it off as his failure to understand the bit.ly API ( LMAO ) or he’s hoping if he lies low it will just fade away. Otherwise he has some ‘splainin’ to do.

• snowcrash says:

While he seethes.

• spaceallah says:

This one really hurts because he was “bit” (ly) by hand that was feeding him on this one. Bit.ly’s own stats tell the tale.

57. Mandingo Warrior says:

spaceallah :
    Own your deception, CJ. You lied. Retweets died. LMAO

Pretty much. It’s a fucking lie right on it’s face. How long ’til he addresses the frontpage? Fucking liar. He wasted not even an hour to address the merit of the discrepancy. Doesn’t read here my ass. He reads here by the minute.

58. Repose says:

I tried sticking up for Dark Falcon…. sincerely tried to give him good advice.

Of course, he ignored it.

Who cares?

I don’t.

Dark = dork

(Hey dork, do you even know what a dork is?)

59. Repose says:

hint…. it involves sitting in a bath tube loser.

60. buzzsawmonkey says:

I’m sure that Mad King Yertle will be glad to know that Good Huma Man Anthony Weiner’s in-laws appear to have some pretty close ties to the Muslim Brotherhood:

61. ElSuerte says:

Some dude got banned in the latest Janice Hahn thread. There was a big argument over several posts. It’d make perfect fodder for a DoD article. Paraphrased argument from that thread: “Gangsta rappers don’t represent all black people” “Yes they do!”

Looks like some lizards are displaying some suspiciously neo-confederate leanings. Banning forthcoming?

45 Dark_Falcon6/15/2011 6:52:55 pm PDT 1

re: #29 albusteve

there is an old combat adage…
    he who gets there first with the most wins

Actually, “Get there first with the most!” was first said by Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest, the most brutal general to ever wear an American uniform. He was an excellent combat leader, but a horrific human being.

45/9119331

I feel a little icky now, because I just got the computer version of the game she’s talking about.

208 celticdragon6/15/2011 8:15:09 pm PDT 2

Don’t know if any 40K lizards are in tonight…but the Grey Knights are nasty as hell now. I got really mauled with a combined chaos marines/daemon army earlier today in a 4,000 point game. Managed to claw some self respect back at the end when I killed the storm raven gunship and a land raider while my flesh hounds ate a purifer squad…but too little and too late.

Ouch.

208/9119515

62. rubber soul says:

Speaking of the Mountain Lion ….Where’s Pink Flamingo when you need him?

63. spaceallah says:

livefreeor die :
    Just fade away? With us around?
    Mwahahahaha…

Right. He hopes it will die out, but when he gets pummeled with this on Twitter, he’ll call all those folks “crazy creeps” and do the ‘haters gonna hate’ strut.

64. Repose says:

Chunkhole…. you are such a hopeless nitwit.

Keep up the good work!

65. Ya know…I suppose it is possible that CJ really does think that a click = retweet. I put that at like 5%, but it is possible, i guess.

I dunno, I ‘ve been hanging out here for a while (you guys know that) and I know that CJ is smarter than that. He’s really not going to pull off the dumb act here, I swear.

• snowcrash says:

Too much talk about custom domains and getting top tweets to plead ignorance. It is not going to work this time.

• Banshee's Banned Ghost says:

Yep. “Look at all the RETWEETS I’m getting! (Oops, I meant traffic. Shucks.)”

Not. Gonna. Fly.

• ElSuerte says:

Well, he might claim that he plugged the wrong thing in from the API, by mistake you see.

• spaceallah says:

Pulling the dumb act is the only out he really has.

Other than claiming bit/ly’s API is squirrelly so he’s going to go with a handroll solution that is “better”

I bet he’s sitting on this thread looking for ideas for a way out here because based off of his Twitter interactions with conservatives he’s not a very bright guy or fast thinker.

66. Banshee's Banned Ghost says:

I still fail to see how making fun of gangsta rap is “racist” unless you think all black people are really gangstas. Wouldn’t that be racist?

67. MedChemmer says:

LOL! Now at 332!

68. Repose says:

over 217,000 involved….

69. Repose says:

never truer words spoken (Chunky)…

“This is a serious psychological problem, and there are methods that can help people like this, if they want to be helped.”

70. snowcrash says:

Wow, Vancouver fans are rioting in the streets and burning cars and stuff! live stream

71. Repose says:

by the way…. lets us tear into that sentence structure Chunk – shall we?

Okay…. use of commas….. when you use commas, you must understand that the portion of the sentence that is bracketed by commas is a portion of the sentence that can be (reasonably) deleted….

But in Chunky’s case…. well – it just won’t fly…

now will it?

“This is a serious psychological problem if they want to be helped.”

No. Really.

That makes sense.

• Banshee's Banned Ghost says:

Where did you get that? About commas, I mean. Because it’s crap.

• Repose says:

using commas as he has…. that which I’ve said applies.

Yes, there can be other uses of commas…. but the way he has used them (in the above example and many others) I contend that what I have said is true.

Have a nice day!

(and why don’t you look at that fool sentence of his and tell me what it means already.)

• Banshee's Banned Ghost says:

There are scores of legitimate uses for the comma. Common BS from teachers about “putting them where you would take a breath” or your notion of deletions doesn’t begin to exhaust the subject. Just sayin’.

Writing by formula fails. Chunk is a very unimaginative writer, but he’s usually not awful formally. Just lame.

• Banshee's Banned Ghost says:

Speaking of punctuation oddities, I see you’re a friend of the variable-length ellipsis…

72. [deleted] says:

73. ISTE says:

Just a casual observation.

After a certain site ripped Charles a new asshole for showing 20 articles on his front page to inflate his views counter he has now reduced that number back to 10.

74. spaceallah says:

Perfect updating on the initial story here. This demonstrates without a single doubt since there is not a single tweet to be found for the example chosen, yet what is commonly accepted as a Twitter Retweet user interface widget is showing 400 or so clicks that most people who have experience the Twitter Retweet UI widget would assume those to be RETWEETS.

Literally everyone else on the internet uses that UI widget for RETWEETS. But not CJ, because user interface conventions are a useful way to lie and then claim ignorance instead of intentional deception.

Pathetic. Again, there is no explanation for this.

Expect the “retweet” widget to be changed to something else by tomorrow that cannot be independently verified or tracked.

75. garycooper says:

That Vancouver “riot” is a bit lame. Hell, they do better than that at Michigan State during Oktoberfest every year. Burn some shit, break something! 😈

76. Formercorpsman says:

This is painful to watch even from here. Good lord, you guys are devouring him.

77. Repose says:

I agree that writing by formula sucks.

BUT….

There are some rules of form that should be adhered to so that the writing stays within the realm of comprehension.

Quite frankly, Chunky and many others only have the ability to write in accordance with “the formula”.

You, on the other hand (Mr Faulkner) are one of few who are unimpeded by these “rules”…..

78. ElSuerte says:

Hmm, you guys see this chart: https://bitly.com/alUUat+

Referring SiteClick(s)

Email Clients, IM, AIR Apps, and Direct
    509
    diaryofdaedalus.com
    141
    weaselzippers.us
    us.mc451.mail.yahoo.com

I wonder if a similar pattern holds true for the rest of the site.

[had to fix the “+”, computers don’t like the “+” – cz]

• ISTE says:

If you look at that famous 8000+ “re-tweet” post about Paul Revere you will see well over half of those clicks came from Facebook. I had a quick look but couldn’t find it there.

[fixed, as the WP Gods have it in for us – cz]

• ElSuerte says:

TBH, I have no idea what the stats mean.

• St. Pancake says:

“Hmm, you guys see this chart: https://bitly.com/alUUat+

At the top of that page it says
      Conversations: Tweets 1

Is that # the true retweet count?

• ISTE says:

Yep, but that count cannot really be relied on as it seems bit.ly searches through jsut recent tweets to get that number.

On a fresh and shiny new post from LGF that count would reflect the number or times that URL was tweeted. But as we see Johnson does not use that number…..

79. Repose says:

that last post was for you Banshee.

And yes, I love variable length ellipsis……………..

They make the world an interesting place.

80. swamprat says:

You guise our funny. Your giving me day jah view.

(That’s when Rastafarians take to much sacrament and subsequently see “Jah”.

81. swamprat says:

oops!

Meant “two much”

82. swamprat says:

Good night to old friends and to new ones also.

83. Liz says:

Awwww, the poor, fat baby just tweeted:

“If any journalist ever wants to do a piece on right wing harassment and stalking, I have a LOT of information I could give you.”

• ISTE says:

I really do wish a mainstream journalist would take him up on his offer. Then they could come and talk to us and we could explain in what ways Charles Johnson is a lying, cheating and dishonest fraud.

Yep, bring it on Johnson.

• Liz says:

I love how he whines about Paulians running around padding internet polls, as though what he does with his own site stats isn’t pretty much the same damned thing.

• gizbot7 says:

He should learn to think before he tweets. Knee-jerk reactions are never good for people trying to cover things up. Idiot.

• St. Pancake says:

When did mocking and pointing out the lies and hypocrisy become stalking/ and harassment?

And his “coverage” of Pam Gellar is what then?

• Mandingo Warrior says:

Translation: “If anyone wants personal information on people who call me on my bullshit–hit me up. I hate Chenzen and that godamn brc..”

• Basement Cat says:

Now THIS is something that actually IS worth retweeting, IMO:

• 300 says:

Chuck, wanting desperately to be heard by anyone, anyone at all.
      “If only they would ask!” -Chuck.

Chen Zhen is right wing?

Look, when you act like an asshole towards thousands of people, and turn your backs on literally millions, people are going to hate you. This is pretty simple to understand. The thing is, CJ, you deserve everything that comes your way.

For someone that points the finger at the right wing to claim victimhood, he sure does revel in wrapping himself up in victimhood status as often as possible.

It can’t get much more ironic than that without it being intentional.

84. Lord Nazh says:

St. Pancake :
    Weiner is literally small potatoes. Sec. of State Hillary Clinton is the real headline grabber.

Lood approved medium-sized potatoes there St. Flapjack

85. antilgfwarrior says:

Lgf stats are a sham of a sham of a sham.

86. nils says:

ISTE :
    Just a casual observation.

True, though since I’ve been tracking them he’s gone from 10 to 12 to 15 to 12 to 20 and then back to 15 (articles on his front page), all on his own, over the last several months.

So, it could be coincidence.

Not that any of that makes his DIY ‘page view’ statistics for LGF any less inaccurate.

87. nils says:

What a bizarre, transparently phony misrepresentation by Johnson of what a ‘retweet’ is.

Those numbers are actually accurate Page Views for those LGF articles as driven by the “Twitter-verse”.

When you see those numbers think “for all the (unknown) times this article has been Tweeted, that number is the actual number of times Tweets have resulted in Page Views for that article“.

Johnson’s ‘retweet’ numbers provide an unintentional, accurate, reality check for the grossly inflated Views statistics Johnson claims for each article, on the same page, ironically about an inch away.

88. […] site, Little Green Footballs, busted for rigging their ‘Tweet counter’ to register clicks on the site […]

89. ISTE says:

I didn’t bust anybody!

That link popped up in the spam thing, and the reality of spam is not everything is spam.

• Calo says:

The link on that site for the busted LGF tweet counter tracks back here.
      Maybe I should have said LGF is busted. Oh well. 🙂

• ISTE says:

That is why I linked to that site because they linked to us.

I am going to bed. It was a long night shift….

90. TreBob says:

How come when the “tweeter” link stats went from 675 to 1003 (+328) the article view counter only went up from 662 to 713 (+51)?

Shouldn’t they be the same?

91. charpete says:

anyone notice the overnight thread was tweeted 999 times?

92. antilgfwarrior says:

charpete :
    anyone notice the overnight thread was tweeted 999 times?

93. garycooper says:

Every day, he gets a little closer to the straitjacket and the padded-room.

94. Pig says:

When did Charlie stop redirecting links from “bad” sites to silly pictures?

95. OldLineTexan says:

Media: Call Charles Johnson for information on his stalking. He doesn’t know left from right; just stick to stalking.

/waves at Dark Falcon and Stalker Charles

Ban me from the intrawebz, loserz.

96. freetaxkiller says:

Possible Ludwigg sighting on http://www.wattsupwiththat.com
    On about the sixth thread down “All Three of these lines of reserch ,,,,”
    There are about 380 post. A poster with nic of “moderate republican” comes on the thread and takes the AWG side and over plays just like Ludwigg, post anger stuff, lots of fluff stuff. Moderate Republican goes on to long to much and gets put in timeout by the mods on wattsup. Then a new poster appears and takes moderate republicans side and say the other posters and the mods were to hard on moderate republican.
    Mods check, both have the same IP. Busted.

Very much like our Ludwigg.

Waves at Ludwigg.
    Calm down Lud, the facts are cooling things down, relax guy, find a new cause.

• Whatever says:

The climate blogs are being targeted by sorosbots. They’re getting paid minimum wage to troll like that.

• Whatever says:

Oh, and that’s definitely not Ludwig. MR has a kindergarten-level understanding of climate science, or at least what most of the words mean.

97. OldLineTexan says:

Dateline Today: Stalker Charles Johnson will prove that he’s always contended Rep. Weiner should resign, takes victory lap of approximately three feet before collapsing in a cloud of Cheeto dust.

• poteen says:

He can avoid that cheeto plaque induced cheesy heart attack with soda chelation therapy administered by DR. Pepper.
      Just don’t mix up the bottles.

98. YankintheEU says:

This is classic:

He wishes to ban the people mocking him (from their own site — which he never ever reads) and criticizing his fraudulent claims.

You gotta love how this ‘Dark_Falcon’ is faithfully trying to reassure Charles about the functioning of his twitter traffic buttons. Hey guy: We showed here that a years old LGF post can get over a thousand twitter hits, according to Charles’ self-inflating readings, without being on twitter at all (or by one guy named ‘Gus_903’). That’s obvious fraud. Snap out of it, Falcon.

99. mtc says:

Hey, everybody! Weiner resigned today!

• YankintheEU says:

The scandal is what people of Johnson’s perceptive ability call a “nontroversy.”

• Lizardoid says:

Did you say Breitbart resigned? Another LGF #Victory over the Reich Wing!

Right down there with Rathergate (which I think was wrong) and Reutersgate (please forget about it and inteview me about the stalkers, Reuters! Please?)

100. antilgfwarrior says:

YankintheEU :

“I belieeeeeve!”

101. PeteP says:

Great work Chen. That’s another home run. Johnson will no doubt continue to cry that he’s been stalked and harassed by the “right-wing”.

102. ryannon says:

antilgfwarrior :
    Lgf stats are a sham of a sham of a sham.

Billions will Tweet!

103. nils says:

Shhhh, don’t tell ’em the truth… The loozards are already in line for a bad day when Breitbart Weiner resigns.

146 rwdflynavy Thu, Jun 16, 2011 8:09:44am replyquote

* 3
    * down
    * up

re: #134 Max D. Reinhardt

Wow! 1000 retweets on an open thread. I never thought I'd see the day.

Charles continues his downward spiral into complete irrelevance. Sad really.

104. nils says:

Bwhahahaha…..

152 Charles Thu, Jun 16, 2011 8:30:48am replyquote

* 0
    * down
    * up

re: #83 Killgore Trout

It's an even thousand. Maybe the counter is busted.

I saw that when I opened LGF a few minutes ago, so I double-checked with a test program that queries the bit.ly API and shows the raw results -- and that's what it's reporting. So nothing's broken on this end, but I think there must be a glitch in bit.ly's stats.