The Sage of Culver City claims he defeated Glenn Beck

Charles had a grudge against Glenn beck. In the summer of 2009, Beck mocked Chuck as just Jazz Guitarist. Since then there were weekly attacks on Glenn Beck. Today Glenn Beck and Fox News announced that he would no longer being doing a daily show. Instead, he will focus on making specials for the new station. Charles twists this news to make it seem he won some victory over Glenn Beck.

Chuck, what has happened to your ratings in the last year and a half? They are so miniscule, that you stopped using Alexa and instead you’ve made up your own figures. Also, this is another case of Chuck, linking without thinking. From the article he references to, here is what it says.

His departure was jointly announced in a statement on Wednesday by Fox and Mr. Beck’s company, Mercury Radio Arts.

Fox News and Mercury Radio Arts, which have clashed over the making of “Glenn Beck,” will “work together to develop and produce a variety of television projects for air on the Fox News Channel as well as content for other platforms including Fox News’ digital properties,” the companies said in the statement.

As expected, a senior Fox News executive, Joel Cheatwood, will join Mr. Beck at Mercury Radio Arts starting later this month.

[….]

In the statement on Wednesday, Mr. Beck said he would be starting a “new phase” of a partnership with Roger Ailes, the chairman of Fox News. “I truly believe that America owes a lot to Roger Ailes and Fox News,” he said.

Mr. Ailes said in the statement, “Glenn Beck is a powerful communicator, a creative entrepreneur and a true success by anybody’s standards. I look forward to continuing to work with him.”

This hardly seems like Fox News dumped Glenn Beck. It’s more likely a case of Beck burning out doing a daily show and instead will focus on producing and doing specials. This is actually a step up careers wise. Unlike The Sage of Culver City who continues to live in an imaginary world of relevance.

Charles, you’re not having a last laugh. You are once again showing yourself to be a delusional fool. The sad part is, there are fools like racist, Killgore Trout who really believe that Charles had some victory.

Killgore, your master is an insignificant smear merchant who has become an online joke. He didn’t win any victory as much as you would like to delude yourself. When Charles makes 32 Million in one year, let us know.

122 Comments on “The Sage of Culver City claims he defeated Glenn Beck”

1. freetaxkiller says:

Not, but he did allow assweasle to corn hole him.

I predicted this over at the Blogmoc, that somehow Clueless would see it as attributable to him. Beck’s ratings are still the highest in the cable news industry for his time slot. In fact, Fox is working with his Mercury Radio outfit to put together entertainment and news programming for Fox. Fox didn’t cancel his show, Fox didn’t fire him. And you, Clueless McDumdum, are still the the biggest ignoramus in the left or right wing blogosphere.

• John Difool says:

I thought the same thing when I heard it on Doc Thompsons radio show during the drive time home.

Chunk reminds me of the guy who thinks he’s won the fight just because he broke the other guys hand with his face.

• Speranza says:

Arachne the man has Adult Attention Deficit Disorder – he cannot read more then a few sentences then his mind wanders.

• Grimcargo says:

But Bloated Bovine can’t read. Beck is not going anywhere. He will be even more constant and out there than before. Too bad Bloated Bovine and Killsnout Trout.And Chunk. You have no power anywhere unless it’s over Darkbuzzard and a sack of cheetoes.

3. song_and_dance_man says:

Foster’s delusions are both laughable and pitiful.

Let’s not forget his incredible influence, also, on the results of NY-23 back in 2009. And sadly he can’t get anyone to even mention his current delusions. I’m sure he was desperately hoping that Rush or someone would mention how he, as one of the premier topplers of Rather, was now defending him! Many outraged right wingers would come to his site, driving up his traffic stats (and of course, registration would be closed so no one could comment).

Unfortunately, no one really cares anymore, Chunky Monkey. Nobody. Except us. We’re happy to give your Kookalicious Krazy a forum.

• song_and_dance_man says:

There was also his intent to influence the mid term elections. He was going to do everything within his power—which is considerable in his mind and to the Foster Kids—to keep those gun-clinging, knuckle-dragging creationists out of power.

Yeppers, he’s one most influential old worn out hippy.

Wait a minute — didn’t Beck call out Johnson for his inaccurate reporting of an incident involving “book burning” at a TEA Party rally? Where you reported that it was a follower of BECK wanting to burn books when the video revealed it was a moonbat trying to cause trouble.

And Beck’s followers even call themselves “freaks” so your use of the word Freakazoid wouldn’t bother anybody.

Just so I can put this in small words so that you and the rest of your intolerant junk science zombies can understand. You had NOTHING to do with this decision.

Oh, and I’m pretty sure as far as “laughing” goes? Beck is doing it all the way to the bank. How’s that $60 in Cheetos money a day working out for you?

• Macker says:

On the other hand, when you call a Star Trek Freak one to its face, they go apeshit and retort with “You’re a bigot and a homophobe.” For example, the AFR.

5. blogwarriorx says:

Arachne :

My personal favorite line — “did two clicks worth of research”

• song_and_dance_man says:

Hey Foster>>>>>>>>>SMACK

• Emperor says:

Note that Glenn Beck was not terrified that Charles F. Johnson had turned against him, but rather amused that Chuck had tried to make such a flimsy smear. He was mocking Chuck, but of course, Chuck has trouble realizing that he’s being mocked.

Key quote: “It’s a destructive attempt to silence free speech. That’s something blogger Charles Johnson should know about.”

6. Emperor says:

Hey Chuck. It’s been six years since you last helped take down a TV news personality. Here’s a hint: it won’t happen again.

I wouldn’t hold your breath.

How sad and pathetic that Chuck actually thinks he played a role in “taking down” Glenn Beck.

7. PeteP says:

Beck is moving on to bigger and better things with Fox by the sounds of this article so I don’t know why Chuck is gloating. I’d say he didn’t read the linked article in its entirety.

• Emperor says:

Chuck didn’t read an article through fully before posting it???

Alert the media!

Seriously, I would be more surprised if I found out Chuck did read an article in its entirely before posting it, not to mention understand it..

• Basement Cat says:

Yep.

Looking forward to working with Beck sure doesn’t sound like dumping Beck.

Chuck sez: “Hey, you can’t call me illiterate! My ma and pa were married to each other!”

This is his signature these days – sees a headline or a sentence and immediately pounces on it like a kitten on a cricket. Which makes me think that he didn’t do ANY research in the days even when his blog was “anti-idiotarian.” The stuff came to him fact-checked and clean. He put his name on enough of them (he would claim of course, that HE had found these in addition to “LGF Readers” so no hat tip was necessary) so that he developed this reputation as a reliable fact-checker. Of course, when a good story was mentioned and linked in the course of a post thread, Chunky couldn’t very well claim credit for it so he’d reluctantly give the “generous” hat tip (of course, it’s pretty hard to claim credit for a story about Splodeydope attacks in Israel when Havoc or Iron Fist wrote about it an hour earlier in the Palestinian Child Abuse thread). But now he doesn’t have the fact-checkers that made sure the stories were accurate – he’s basically running a day-care center for idiots. So — find a good headline or sentence, throw it up there with a few emotional bullshit paragraphs (he’s always able to write more than a line or two when he tries to make it all about h.i.m.) and the crowd goes wild.

I have a feeling I’ll be collecting Social Security before Clueless sees comment no. 10,000,000.

8. snowcrash says:

Glen Beck had some sort of health scare/problem earlier this year. Maybe he is anticipating a decline in health and scaling back his future work load.

9. Emperor says:

Possible Quote from KKKillgore:

When I read the takedown of Glenn Beck by Blog Master Charles in August of 2009, I knew it was only a matter of time before Beck was finished.

Now this is just possible, right? He hasn’t said this yet? (I say this only because I totally eff’d up in interpreting a post from over there last week and I like to make “new” mistakes.)

Even so, after Beck mentioned him on national TV (and it was the first time, I think in a long time, that Clueless got such a mention), Chunky and the Pinheads have been working overtime trying to get someone to talk about them again….

10. song_and_dance_man says:

Just sent a link of this thread to Beck’s Producer and head writer.

Anyone think that now Clueless will be turning his TV set to Beck just to see if said producer has Glenn mention it? And when he doesn’t, Clueless will claim that Beck knew that the Swamp “took him down” and refused to mention it on the air.

11. OldLineTexan says:

Uh, KT? As a conservative poster, I get to criticize anyone on the blogs where I post. Even {gasp} GLENN BECK! and other people you seem to think own me.

Unlike people on some blogs like, oh, for example, YOU.

OLT – Absolutely! I know plenty of conservatives that aren’t all that fond of Beck. They think he’s too dramatic, too bombastic, etc. In fact, followers of Mark Levin will tell you Levin doesn’t like Beck pretty much at all (and I think it stems from Beck expounding on his morning show, sort of “borrowing” Levin’s ideas from his radio show the night before.

Beck isn’t all that on my cup of tea hit parade. But he’s exposed some pretty nasty little connections between the White House and some anti-American individuals. The fact that I’m not a fan doesn’t mean I think he’s wrong.

• OldLineTexan says:

The utter inability to see the irony in his own statements is what first floored and then amused me.

Preach ON, KT! Just make sure you follow the party line in the Swamp or you’ll get the stick!

12. PeteP says:

He couldn’t resist big noting himself by claiming that Glenn Beck attacked him in 2009. Probably about the 48th time he’s mentioned that.

A week doesn’t go by without Clueless aluding to the attack on him from the evil and divisive Glenn Beck in August 2009, and hinting that Beck has been after him ever since! After all, CJ and Company broke the big story of Beck’s boiling of a rubber frog. In front of CHILDREN who may or may not have been watching and had their psyches destroyed forever!

And we evil conservatives, who hate children and seniors, don’t CARE!

• William Standish Knowels says:

Did CARE ever attack him? He used to kick the shit out of them. (well ok. he would start a thread and the lizard army would take them apart). Now days the Loozards couldn’t take apart a Lego Church

13. song_and_dance_man says:

Arachne :
    He put his name on enough of them (he would claim of course, that HE had found these in addition to “LGF Readers” so no hat tip was necessary) so that he developed this reputation as a reliable fact-checker. Of course, when a good story was mentioned and linked in the course of a post…

I did receive quite a few hat tips in the first year or so there, but I can’t even count the many stories I linked in the threads with comment that mysteriously appeared as threads later or the next day.

And you’re right about the fact checking. It was the readers that did the gumshoe work and submitted the gist of the issues.

I remember hearing that complaint from someone else. That they had sent CJ an email with a story – complete with links and verification – and they actually came out and said something straight out on the blog “I sent you this story this morning” to which CJ would always reply “well, yes, but so did “lots” of other people, so I can’t credit just one person.” No….better to grab it all for yourself.

I got one hat tip when I linked to Krauthammer’s column one morning in the ONDT.

I remember what a prolific contributor you were/are, SADM – I recall thinking “this is great – where does he FIND this stuff?”

14. blogwarriorx says:

snowcrash :

Or more time with family? Television,Radio,Books and personal appearances equals a heavy work load.

Sell your gold!

16. Doppelganger says:

Kilgore’s slugs had a larger effect on the Earth’s kale population than Charles had on Glenn Beck

17. OldLineTexan says:

Juan Epstein :Sell your gold!

No, I need those fillings.

18. Bureaucat says:

Charles doesn’t register as the pimple on the ass of the flea on the ass of the dog nipping at the heels of the blogger who gets interviewed on a local Fox affiliate.

Hey! Is that Satyr in the guest blogger icon wanking?

19. Bureaucat says:

I misspelled my e-mail adress. Use your imagination and picture the previous post with my handsome likeness.

20. Voltaires Crack says:

Doesn’t Beck actually have to be ‘down’ for someone to claim taking him down?

Beck’s quite the media mogul in his own right – between the books, the radio show, the web site (hey Clueless – Beck has actual paying SUBSCRIBERS that bring in millions), and public appearances, I think the daily show was getting to be too much for him and he wanted to restructure his television persona. The morons on the left, including CJ, think they “drove him off the air.”

21. kansas says:

Let’s see. Since Beck has been on the air, Johnson’s site now has the same number of hits as Stacy McCain’s. That can’t be good.

Wisconsin refudiates Scott Walker
    Charles Johnson
    Politics • Wed Apr 6, 2011 at 12:25 pm PDT • Views: 1,574
    Just coming over the wires: all votes have been counted in Wisconsin’s Supreme Court race, and the winner is JoAnne Kloppenburg.
    The tally:
    JoAnne Kloppenburg – 740,090
    David Prosser – 739,886

So 204 votes out of 1.4 million voters means that Scott Walker has been refuted?
    I think not. What a freaking liar.

Yeah, because those Democrats would never engage in, like, vote fraud or anything like that.

Also, the Unions ran ads that were sleazy and fraudulent, in fact the election oversight group in Wisconsin called them on it.

It will be interesting to see what a recount and scrutiny will show.

• kansas says:

I see where one county in WI is already destroying ballots. And you can bet it’s not because the Democrat was ahead in that county.

• snowcrash says:

He’s using the Palin neologism. How cute.

• song_and_dance_man says:

Notice how Foster also takes a slap at Palin who coined the word refudiate.

• OldLineTexan says:

Wow, what a HUGE margin.

Ever feel petty and vindictive, Stalker Charles? Because you often look it.

22. OldLineTexan says:

snowcrash :Juan, new high of $1462 today. Hold on to it a little longer.

When it hits 1492, the ghosts of the Aztecs and Incas will rise from the dead and reclaim their stolen treasures.

23. song_and_dance_man says:

OldLineTexan :

snowcrash :Juan, new high of $1462 today. Hold on to it a little longer.

I hope it never hits 2012.

24. OldLineTexan says:

song_and_dance_man :

OldLineTexan :

snowcrash :Juan, new high of $1462 today. Hold on to it a little longer.

I hope it never hits 2012.

Billions will die???

Who gives a damn … Obama has already killed TRILLIONS.

25. PrivateJohnson says:

of course… the context here (as usual) is all Chunk, all the time. No matter what happens, anywhere (anytime), if Chunky has a bug up his butt or can in any way construe something to be related to him, he jumps all over it and spews to the world “as I have said many times”, or something similar… it is somehow related to something he said, thought or did.

Like Beck, for example. Few people know why Glenn Beck is quitting his show. How in the world can anyone (Chunk, for example) draw any sort of meaningful conclusions or explanations on this?

Oh that’s right, we can’t. Except unless you are a fat, washed up narcissist who runs a failed blog.

• OldLineTexan says:

It didn’t fail.

It was murdered, in an inside job.

Although, over there these days, that might be something they’re celebrating.

26. OldLineTexan says:

song_and_dance_man :Notice how Foster also takes a slap at Palin who coined the word refudiate.

Charles just needs to coin a word that captures the essence of “A greasy, insincere stalker with Cheetoh-stained fingers” and he’s set for life with respect to neological fame.

So far, I’ve come up with “Johnson” to help him get started, but that already means “dick” to a lot of people.

27. jimmah pimps me for $$$$ says:

Beck still will make MILLIONS, cuckles sold 5 cookbooks. Who’s really laughing last.

• kansas says:

I can’t seem to find Charles’ latest book. Can anyone find a copy?

Tried to buy it on iBooks. All that came up was the laughing emoticon.

• beed says:

Yes, it’s called “Bon Ton since 2001” and came out in February this year. It is a collection of articles and posts penned by Charles since the beginning of 2001, but most of the writing is from the period after 2008. All original content, this affordable and easy read is three pages of pure genious. With pictures.

• beed says:

Genius. Pifm.

• dwells38 says:

You mean the NY Times best seller….er is that one on the Podunk Gazette worst panned list?

• kansas says:

I just noticed I don’t seem to be able to find any upcoming interviews on TV. You would think the MSM would relish his expert opinion.

• song_and_dance_man says:

Foster also sold some t-shirts. Many which never shipped to those who bought ’em.

28. Emperor says:

jimmah pimps me for $$$$ :

Hey, at least Chuck wasn’t the one who made the LGF Cookbook. Then we’d be looking at recipes like this:

Cheese and Cheetos
    Cheetos Surprise
    Cheetos à la mode
    Marinated Cheetos
    Ground Cheetos

…Served with a side dish of kale, and along with your drink – an unidentified yellow, translucent liquid in a water bottle.

29. song_and_dance_man says:

And then there is the Fruit and Water section.

kansas :

I believe a recount is mandated due to the vote margin. If they’ve destroyed the ballots, there’ll be some charges brought.

31. RoboMonkey says:

Doesn’t this mean that FOX will have even more room on their schedule now for those scary, sexy, evil females with penis mind control powers?

beed :

Yes, it’s called “Bon Ton since 2001″ and came out in February this year. It is a collection of articles and posts penned by Charles since the beginning of 2001, but most of the writing is from the period after 2008. All original content, this affordable and easy read is three pages of pure genious. With pictures.

Picture….ooooo…please tell me that they included the reknowned “Rusty Hinge” as without that monument to photographic genious a compilation of CJ’s literary insights wouldn’t be complete.

33. OldLineTexan says:

song_and_dance_man :Blooger?

People will confuse that with “Bloogler”, which is a guy that wakes you up by blowing his nose loudly.

34. Voltaires Crack says:

Can someone give me links to all those sources giving SoCC credit for Beck’s daytime departure from Fox?

That would validate his claims, right?

Anybody?

Still waiting.

35. Voltaires Crack says:

Emperor :

jimmah pimps me for $$$$ :

Cheese and Cheetos
    Cheetos Surprise
    Cheetos à la mode
    Marinated Cheetos
    Ground Cheetos

Goes great with Trader Joe’s salmon.

36. OldLineTexan says:

Arachne :Careful OLT – you say “inside job” and all the Little Green Remora will call you a Truther…
    Although, over there these days, that might be something they’re celebrating.

I don’t care what a Stalker and his pack of prepubescent pretend pundits call me.

37. beed says:

Malachi Mulligan :
    Thinking something is a word when it isn’t is not “coining”.

Sure it is.

• snowcrash says:

Hey beed. Have you seen the “dear woman” video yet? I saw it at Aces earlier. It is a must see for guys. ROFL.

• Malachi Mulligan says:

So if I belch and it accidentally sounds like a word, I just coined a word?

• beed says:

If it was a good word you belched, and not just a middle of the road type of word, then yes. Why are you being such an argumentativist?

38. song_and_dance_man says:

Malachi Mulligan :
    Thinking something is a word when it isn’t is not “coining”.

And claiming that she said it as a mistake with no proof is silly.

39. beed says:

OldLineTexan :
    CURSE YOU, SPAMSTER!

Why? It’s the closest thing we got to quality control around here…

40. song_and_dance_man says:

Oh brother!

41. song_and_dance_man says:

Foster does have a bit of influence left. He provides this blog plenty of material to work with.

42. Emperor says:

albusteve Wed, Apr 6, 2011 5:02:55pm -5

re: #48 recusancy

Who lobbies for the poor? ACORN. Oh wait…

bribe is not the same as lobby

43. swamprat says:

Almost forgot to do my sun rising ceremony. If I fail to do it, the sun won’t rise. It is very similar to the ceremony for Beck not doing a daily show on Fox, water getting wet, and blogs maintaining self-importance.

44. dwells38 says:

Right. Glenn Beck’s such a failure and CJ won. Somehow I don’t think the latter would be so cocky if they compared bank statements and investment holdings.

45. dwells38 says:

This is kinda rich. Here’s CJ trying to portray Olbermann’s ACTUAL firing (with no future plans) as having been negotiated:

46. dwells38 says:

Although, over there these days, that might be something they’re celebrating.

But wait Charles defended Van Jones who was for Trutherism before he was against it for political expediency and a chance to advance radical leftism.

47. William Standish Knowels says:

theblaze.com United States ranked 458

littlegreenfootballs.com United States rankes 16,157

Chunk: “Winning!”

48. William Standish Knowels says:

snowcrash :
    Bummer, now it is gone. Sorry.

Try this. Don’t say I didnt warn you.

Okay, I didn’t read this entire thread, but it seems that Beck’s contract is up in December for his TELEVISION SHOW. He’s still in with Fox. Did Chuck and others not even read the news releases?

50. Mr. Tibbs says:

Hey Chunk, Beck is a multi millionaire with a successful radio show, author, news commentary show and news blog. The man is a target of far left hit squads and handles it all fairly smoothly.

You on the other hand are the proprietor of a blog that is the laughingstock of the internet. You are begging for contributions and can not even sell a handful of cookbooks that somebody else put together for you. You have to block your past threads and comments to keep your flip flops and outright lies from being memorialized. You are so insecure that you ban posters who disagree with you or actually blog their opinions elsewhere.

Beck could buy you and throw you away and not notice the difference.

A year from now Beck will still be very successful, and you will still be a complete loser.

Beck could buy you and throw you away and not notice the difference.

Remind me to put this at the top of my Christmas list.