Have at it.

On April 3, a lotta stuff was going down all over the world, so Our Hero does what any premier blogger would do: Talk about his comic book collection.

I guess we shouldn’t nitpick too much. After all it’s his blog, and if you don’t like it, start your own.

Oh wait, we already did. Nevermind.

23 Comments on “Have at it.”

1. Internet Septic Tank Engineer says:

April 3rd 2011 you say?

Well, that day started off with

PZ Myers: Shades of Gray
    There are places where there are no ambiguities
    Charles Johnson
    Opinion • Sun Apr 3, 2011 at 11:51 am PDT • Views: 18,277

PZ Myers has a moving and beautifully written post today on the violence in Afghanistan, and on what it means to kill: Shades of gray.

Normally I’d quote a few sentences, but just go read the whole thing. It’s more than worth a few minutes of your time.

Notice the sentence “Normally I’d quote a few sentences, but just go read the whole thing.” That translates to “I put up a new thread, I can’t be bothered to cut and paste a quote so if you give a shit go read it yourself”

Next came the comic book open thread that is featured here and later that day we have this.

Religious Right Leader Thanks African Americans for Saving America From Teh Ghey
    Fanatic compares gay marriage to slavery
    Charles Johnson
    Religion • Sun Apr 3, 2011 at 10:06 pm PDT • Views: 13,217

Here’s an excellent example of the twisted, bizarre thinking of the anti-gay religious right, as the “Reverend” Jim Garlow thanks African-Americans for saving America from the “bondage” of gay marriage.

This time Charles did cut and paste an excerpt and he did make a comment but that was it!

Yes, I understand it was Sunday, even atheists tend to rest on Sundays but that was all his subscribers got for their 33 cents?

Now, compare this to what you got from any number of other blogs.

Yep, you guessed it. We tried to put together all the new articles posted by Pam Geller, Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin, Robert Spencer, Robert Stacy McCain, Patterico, Hot Air, Drudge, HuffPo, WashPo, Media Matters, and Playboy that day to do a comparison and we failed.

There were too many to count, too many to screen capture. All of you were still alive on Sunday 3rd April 2011. It was a busy day in the blogsphere and on the MSM news. Charles managed to squeak out three entries.

• Internet Septic Tank Engineer says:

Oh and by the way…

Whoever runs the server at this place, you blocked access to the articles at Playboy. All we can see is the pictures.

• Doppelganger says:

as opposed to the anti-gay black , Islamic , Hispanic, Asian community?

see Chucky, if you really want to be honest for once you will see that conservatives are a fair bunch. They might pray for the homosexual to have a change of heart, but bottom line is that they will tolerate. God can judge.

the others I listed. No so much.

Does tossing somebody off a tall building ring a bell you dumb fuck?

2. 300 says:

Grasshopper head?
    ..having at it.

3. Iron Fist says:

Comic books are teh Important! Wha would life be without comic books? We’d have no, um, well, uh.. ya got me! What a waste of bandwith. But I bet nobody over there complained…

4. John Difool says:

Give Chuck a break. He has to have something to read when he’s pinching a Cheeto loaf.

5. Keeper of the Books says:

Call the medics…

Monday Night Open Charles Johnson Mon Apr 4, 2011 at 8:47 pm PDT

I’m trying to get rid of a bad cold, so here’s an open thread for the evening while I drift in and out of consciousness.

“drift in and out of consciousness” How could anyone tell… LGF has been a dead shell of it’s former self for a year now. Life support?

• John Difool says:

No big deal, he’s been drifting in and out of lucidity for going on 4 years now.

Get Well Chunk ! Be Sure Dip Your Cheetos in Nyquil !

• Iron Fist says:

Can he take Nyquil with that other shit he’s smoking/snorting/injecting? Might not be prudent…

6. beeduwine says:

Is that from the “lzard collection?” Wow, think about it, the lizards have their own library of Marvel classics! How cool is that! I wish I was a lizard. I like Marvel classics.

7. beeduwine says:

When I turn 50, I sure hope I will have kept my youthfulness and read comics and have my own collection like Charles.

8. beeduwine says:

Like the ladies say: “Nothing’s like a man in his mid-to-late fifties with a comic collection, worn t-shirts and a pony-tail”

9. John Difool says:

It’s pretty fun to pile on Chunk, Lord knows he deserves every bit of it, but to be fair there’s nothing wrong with having an old comic book collection.

I certainly wish my mom would have had the foresight to save mine, but that’s only so I could have sold them for some cold cash by now.

• garycooper says:

There’s nothing inherently wrong with any kind of weird collection, I would agree. Well, there are a few that are out-of-line, and the hoarders are just scary, but a comic book collection is actually kind of cute.

• John Difool says:

He should switch to an all comic book/on-line gaming format.

He may actually be good at that. Political commentary/punditry, not so much

10. Mr. Tibbs says:

John Difool :He should switch to an all comic book/on-line gaming format.
    He may actually be good at that. Political commentary/punditry, not so much

100% dead on. Chunk, try blogging about what you are good at, which is reading comics, becoming obese, and growing a pony tail.

Otherwise, you are a public laughingstock with every comment and post you make.

• snowC says:

That would have been a really smart business decision. No need for Johnson to rebrand himself. He could have said he was tired of politics and changed the focus of his blog. Burning all his bridges was foolish. Apparently a little security for his old age is beyond his ability to think about. Maybe he will like catfood.

• Walter von Dichische says:

Don’t forget masturbation. That’s a real specialty there.

And S&M, and sideways feline copulation, and…

11. RoboMonkey says:

garycooper: …Until you make the unavoidable mental-link between the obese, creepy stalker we know as The Fatass, and the Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons. Then it’s hilarious!

12. snowC says:

I have nothing against comic books. Anyone remember Classics Illustrated? My brother would buy one and everyone in the entire extended family would read it. Lol

And nobody caught the Tennessee/Nazi Flag Shield detail. Heh.

• Internet Septic Tank Engineer says:

Yes we did… You under estimate the observant powers of the BRC.

We have the Throb Tool, we stole it from Charles Johnson years ago. You name it, we can throb it!

🙂