The Countdown: Crawling Towards 9 Million Comments

Recently, CJ reminded everyone that the LGFers have another one of those grand milestones approaching within the Lizardoid Kingdom: The 9 millionth comment. It will be a truly joyous day for the remaining cultists when it finally arrives.  And based on what we’re witnessing, there’ll be an emphasis on the “finally”.

Consider this: The heyday LGF hit the 6 million comment milestone in Oct. ’08, and only six months later, they were throwing a party for the 7 millionth (Apr. ’09).  But it took nine months to go from there to the 8 millionth (Jan. ’10), and it looks like we still have a few weeks to wait for 9 million, now well over a year later.  Yes, commenting activity has slowed considerably at the swamp over the past couple years…and it keeps slowing.

To illustrate, The Boiler Room put a timeline graph together with the comment numbers crunched, and let’s just say that it isn’t pretty:

You’re reading that right.  The tricked-out, ajax-enhanced, spy-enabled, Pages-featured, $10-a-month, premier site for political discourse is now back down to comment levels not seen since the pre-registration era (’03-’04).  That 9 millionth comment will be hit, sure, but it looks like the 5 mph bumper will be more than enough to absorb the impact.

Anyway, we’ll officially start our countdown here at DoD.  For updates, you can always go the LGF sidebar, under “statistics”:

Oh look, they had over 2K yesterday!

Everyone should keep an eye on Gus, as Mr. 802 is contributing close to 5% of the comment total, which should make him the inside favorite for the “winning” comment.  C’mon lizards!

214 Comments on “The Countdown: Crawling Towards 9 Million Comments”

1. Voltaires Crack says:

Someone should tell Lewdy to hide the decline.

2. buzzsawmonkey says:

Well, that deserves a reprise:

Your Last Posting
    (Los Angeles)

–apologies to Robert Browning and “My Last Duchess”

That’s your last posting ever on this blog,

And henceforth your account is blocked. You’ll dog

My site no further with your words; your nic

Is banished, and I gave your posts the stick.

You know I’ll call your banning here a “flounce”
    Though I’ve been waiting for some time to pounce
    On your account, and with prevarications
    Distort and demonize your observations.
    The Toad Hall where you reveled, if you please’ll
    Be given entire to the stoats and weasels,

My countenance beaming on each one that
    Comes to me bearing tales of Mole or Rat,

Or Badger, or…sockpuppet. No, ‘t was not

This writing only, placed you on the spot

And caused me to invoke the ban: perhaps

You chanced to differ with my own claptrap
    And stick to your position, or dispute
    Conventional wisdoms to which repute

I’ve lately granted. Don’t you dare to say

That I or my site might have lost their way
    Obsessing on my personal vendettas;

I am neither forgiving nor forgetter,

And will not brook a failure of obesiance

By anyone I feel owes me allegiance.
    Yes, I took Rather down, on grounds that he
    Could not support what he claimed factually;
    But now I set my sights at lower bar
    (On personalities, not things that are)
    While I squat ‘midst the wreckage I have made
    Like mad Kurtz ruling from his bush stockade,
    Ringed ’round with skulls. For I no longer deign
    To weigh a fact itself; instead, maintain

That source determines truth, and to that end
    The nature of veracity I bend,
    Citing to midden-heaps of rankness such

That I would not long since have scorned to touch.

A turtle is a lizard in a shell,
    And I, lord of my self-created hell

Remain King Yertle of the Turtle Stack

Exalted on my Posting Turtles’ backs—
    Yet conscious, as I proclaim my renown

It’s just posting turtles, all the way down,

Which is why I respond with rage and fear

Should anyone mouth what I deem a sneer

Or contradiction. So I flip a switch,
    And all posts stop together, with a bitch

Given reign of my elegant designs.

Yet, if I still retained but half a spine

I would despise appearing to be led

As I now seem to, by the lesser head.

Hark! Look you! See how Glenn Beck weeps!

Do you not loathe the company he keeps
    Regardless of whatever he might say?
    Here is the global warming word today;

Do not dissent, the banning stick is toward
    I care for no voice save that of accord!

3. Bagua says:

Great post!

Is there a chart showing all the way back to pre-registration showing the rise and decline in popularity?

• Yes, here.

The green line begins with registration (late ’04), and you can see where commenting jumped up quite a bit mid-’07 (we think this had to do with the implementation of ajax).

Cheers.

• Bagua says:

Yep, the rise and fall of LGF. No $325 million for Charles!

Of course he wouldn’t want any of that “corporatist scum money.”

* Funny Wozzadog doesn’t notice the constant adverts and pimping for Amazon. Aren’t they from corporate “scum”?

4. Voltaires Crack says:

Note the huge plunge after the Sep-09 purge.

5. song_and_dance_man says:

And it should also be noted that much of today’s comments are banter. Back in the day the threads were filled with links with most contributing to the topic of wherever the discussion led. Those glory days are long gone.

• Bagua says:

Exactly. No real discussion or debate. Just a circle jerk or attack of the poodles should someone mention the circle.

6. Bagua says:

The leftie Brit weirdo calls the 2012 election lineup.

116 wozzablog Wed, Mar 9, 2011 5:53:30pm replyquote

* 5
    * down
    * up

Election 2012

The GOP – making you watch your child die in your arms and an end to the right of free association.

The Democrats – higher taxes for those earning over $250,000 and generally not wanting the planet to be consumed in a ball of human constructed fire.

What a sicko propagandist. 5 updings so far.

7. Bagua says:

Another popular comment on the LGF hate blog:

143 wozzablog Wed, Mar 9, 2011 6:03:30pm

* 6

re: #139 Gus 802

Report: Major DC Lobby Firm Throwing Fundraiser For Wisconsin GOP Leaders

Corporatist scum.

Ah, those evil corporations, creating jobs and wealth for those who actually work. Hated by the unemployed welfare types who call people “scum”.

8. Bordm says:

Does this 9 millionth comment drivel take into account all the comments that have been deleted over the last few years? I’m betting Schmuckles is counting all those ‘bigoted’ comments he just had to delete as part of his magic number.

9. Bagua says:

America is not a democracy, oh no! It is ruled by the evil super rich! So sayeth the unemployed LGF co-dependent.

149 Gus 802 Wed, Mar 9, 2011 6:06:06pm replyquote

* 7
    * down
    * up

re: #143 wozzablog

Corporatist scum.

This is not a democracy. It is only in that we have a right to vote but the majority of the time we vote for the highest bidders. Ergo, the primary representation is for corporate interests and the super rich.

Obama wins. Democracy! The Republicans win, dictatorship!

No it isn’t a Democracy. Gus – it’s a representative Republic. And I would say the Representative Republicans kicked your fucking Democracy ass in November.

10. Bagua says:

Just a joy to watch the weeping and moaning at LGF. Imagine, some of them may need to get jobs if the Republicans take over! The horror.

11. Bureaucat says:

This is one milestone that requires an asterisk.

Aren’t there over 300,000 deleted entries?

• song_and_dance_man says:

Probably more than that. Iron Fist, savage and I had somewhere in the range of 100,000 combined.

• buzzsawmonkey says:

I would think. I had something like 45,000 that got axed—hence my re-post above.

• Iron Fist says:

That is my thought. [Deleted] comments shouldn’t count in the totals.

12. Bureaucat says:

A chart of unique posters per day would be illuminating. Does the boiler room have the tools?

13. The [deleted] comments, as well as comments from the memory-holed threads are being included in this total, from what we can tell.

I don’t disagree with their inclusion, for the record. If the idea is to count just how many times a human being sat down and posted something in the comments on LGF, they should be included.

14. PrivateJohnson says:

One word response….

Don’tletthedoorhityourdumbassonthewayout.

• Bagua says:

Where would they go? The EU I suppose. Better place for those who live on benefits.

• PrivateJohnson says:

I think they all ought to head for Egypt, or Mexico….. or better yet, Venezuela.

You know, one of them countries where there ain’t so many redneck Republicans….

• Princess Natasha says:

Long ago, before my divorce wiped out my finances, I offered any leftard who whined about wanting to leave the big bad USA to pay for his/her ticket. I was not joking. I had a high-limit credit card set aside, and the cash to pay it off, just for that purpose. Totally legit. Alas, no takers…
        These pouty little bitches are all about posturing and throwing tantrums. They won’t do anything they threaten to do– even when someone else puts the money where these bitches’ cock-holsters are.

Hell, email me – I’ll drive your sorry asses to the airport.

15. ZIP says:

Chen

Note your”statistics” screen grab, 99K views, 85K hits. What do you think those numbers really are?

My best (and probably very close to accurate) guess. 35K views.

The Husky Ponytailed Blogger can’t hide from Blogads which he displays to sell advertising space.

BlogAds tracks his traffic stats (which are embeded inside his template so they are very accurate) so advertisers don’t get ripped off, show he gets a little over 100K view a WEEK. He’s claiming he did almost that much in one day.

See for yourself:

• HolyRomanStuff says:

Hmmm, for 300 bucks I can buy an ad on LGF. Which gives me a thought. Does Cankles McCheetoh have the right of refusal for ads placed on his Website via BlogAds? If not, some fun might be had there…

16. Stillactive says:

re: <a href="/showc/296/8957091” target=”_blank”>#296 Gus 802
    I think it is even funnier that so many fundamentalist Christian Tea Partiers embrace one of the more rabid anti-Christian authors of their lifetime.

For the lizards that might not be too good at math, view source code in your browser. find the comment number, 256, the next number is the total comment number (8957091), but hey. It might be a while.

• ChenZhen says:

The actual comment total tracks ~3060 behind the comment ID # total, and has done so since at least the 4 million milestone.

If the Boiler Room estimates are correct, CJ will announce the 9 millionth comment as comment ID# 9003064. And at the current rate, we’re looking at about 3 weeks, give or take.

17. PrivateJohnson says:

…and now pandemonium on the streets of Madison. One does wonder how many of those ignorant trouble makers actually live in Wisconsin.

But, that’s okay right?

18. Malachi Mulligan says:

Prediction: the “winning” comment will be Stanley Seagrams bitching at Walter for curdling the milk of human kindness, yet again.

19. Stillactive says:

With Registration is open, Chunk has to worry that a sock doesn’t hit that 10m post and it has to be deleted. Or….
    *stroking chin*
    Might make the 10mth post my flounce. Or I might not. Maybe with a sock.

20. PrivateJohnson says:

By the way, who exactly will pay for the $7.5-million of damage done to the Wisconsin capital building?

Oh, THAT’S right… the taxpayer… You know, part of the 120-million in the work force. Obviously not the unemployed shitbag “little people” (the know-it-alls with all of the adamant opinions).

21. Malachi Mulligan says:

They are so worried about twibawists and cweationists over there, but they seem to think that teachers’ unions and punk kidz on dope were created by God Himself and anchored firmly in the Constitution.

Cognitive dissonance.

22. freetaxeskill says:

lgf

lumps got farts

23. Bagua says:

Dark Falcon showing some life.

211 Dark_Falcon Wed, Mar 9, 2011 6:24:16pm replyquote

* -12

re: #200 Opal

“SHIT! Just heard through the grapevine that the Dem Senators are rushing back to Madison to get their voices heard. ”

No, they’re not heading back. Rachel Maddow just had one on, and he said it could be like walking into a trap, so they’re staying in Illinois until further notice.

Fine. Then they can watch their followers get laid off. Walker offered them concessions, which they refused. So now its time for the hammer to come down.

Minus 12 for the deeply offensive comment. 🙂

24. Malachi Mulligan says:

Here’s an idea, Chuck: why don’t you sell the “Lizard Collection” of comix and donate the money to Mike “Fat Bastard” Moore and his save-the-unions campaign?

Solifuckingdarity now!

25. Bagua says:

Another deeply offensive comment from Walter. Minus 13. (But calling republicans “pond scum” gets updings.)

250 Walter L. Newton Wed, Mar 9, 2011 6:33:19pm

* -13

re: #240 jamesfirecat

Dark collective bargaining is not something that SHOULD EVER be taken away for any reason.

Unless Walker was willing to take removing collective bargaining off the table, it wasn’t a concession it was an offer to stab them with a knife instead of impale them with a sword.

Public unions do not collectively bargain… they collectively glad hand between their friends the liberal legislators. Bargaining implies a give and take, not a take and take.

26. Bagua says:

Classic.

264 Walter L. Newton Wed, Mar 9, 2011 6:35:54pm replyquote

* -5

re: #257 wozzablog

Downding man, sorry.

I’m suppose to give a shit? You’re not that important man. So what, you don’t agree with me… I’m devastated.

The nuthouse is extra funny to watch tonight!

27. Daedalus says:

ChenZhen :

Yea I posted that idea a while ago. Didn’t generate a lot of interest. But I agree.

Let’s do a fundraiser for a Diary of Daedalus ad!

😆

28. Malachi Mulligan says:

Walter is on a roll tonight. In other words, he’s being particularly dickish.

29. Malachi Mulligan says:

Jamesfirecat sez:

“Rights should not be removed should not be abridged should not be limited SHOULD NOT BE TOUCHED!

People should have the right to collectively baragain on EVERYTHING ALWAYS!

Just as you can not be convinced OLD LFG made Islamaphobes comfy, I can not be convinced that this is not HOW THINGS SHOULD BE.

That may not be how they are, but its how I want them to be and how I will argue for them to be every chance I get.”

I’m sure the world outside LGF is hanging on your every word, gayfag.

30. PrivateJohnson says:

the bitter anger on display over there tonight is astonishing.

I don’t think there is one person over at the “little people” site that has ever had to run a business with the intent of turning a profit. The jibber-jabber coming out of their (collective) mouth is very telling.

lgf = lunatic generated frenzy

31. sacred ham says:

So when LGF hits comment 9,000,000, will they throw a party, or a wake?

Now I need to go catch up on the wailing and gnashing of teeth at the swamp — I only wish I had a “Zinfandel with a wedge of extra-sharp Wisconsin cheddar” to toast the WI Repubs with.

32. sacred ham says:

Yep, seriously annoyed gnashing of lizard teeth, heh…

556 Charles
    Wed, Mar 9, 2011 7:43:15pm

Oh brother.

Stand back to avoid the castoff from the frenzied right wing spinning.

I’m not sure why the Repubs would need to “spin” when they just outsmarted the Dems. Ah, maybe he meant right wing winning. Winning!

33. Malachi Mulligan says:

Dark Falcon iz reely feelin’ the luvv over there this evening:

recusancy
    Wed, Mar 9, 2011 7:29:50pm
    down
    up
    re: #500 Dark_Falcon

“Horseshit. I’ve never been a nirther, nor will I ever be one.”

*I give you 6 months.*

That’s how they roll at the premier site for po-lite-tick-all debate.

34. OldLineTexan says:

PrivateJohnson :all the whining going on by the “little people” is rather quite amusing. Now a fair bit of commentary on leaving the country.
    One word response….
    Don’tletthedoorhityourdumbassonthewayout.

They always promise to leave. And then they don’t.

35. sacred ham says:

They’re fighting in the gutter tonight!

36. Ah, didn’t realize I messed up the link. That’s my thread Duh! Advertise on LGF!

37. ISpeakJive says:

Did you know Obama is not really a socialist? No, he’s actually less of a socialist than Richard Nixon. It’s true, I read it on LGF, lol.

38. Malachi Mulligan says:

The amount of butthurt over there tonight is amazing. Why, you’d almost think they once believed in Obama the Magic Negro™ and his wish-granting powers.

• Emperor says:

They are out for blood. It is possible that one of the token conservatives may be sacrificed tonight.

39. sacred ham says:

Dork FoulCum said “stalker” at #593 – drink!

Now Dork, Chuck commanded you to ignore us, since that will deprive us of oxygen

40. PrivateJohnson says:

Note that a vast majority of the demonstrators in the Capital Building are all twenty-somethings who have no clue about why they are there or why they have the right to be there… ($7.5-million in damage later).

41. sacred ham says:

Dork and Buck are racking up some serious downdings.

Buck, I don’t think you’ll be getting a Christmas Card from the Irritable Lizard Strongman this year.

calo :
    I’m in only if I get a free Boiler Room coffee cup.
    Mine slipped out of my hands and broke when ISTE called in on BTR Sunday.

We’ve got some new designs in the DoD shop now, including the world famous DoD Logo and St. Pancake. Johnny Molecule’s stuff is coming up soon.

43. OldLineTexan says:

sacred ham :Dork FoulCum said “stalker” at #593 – drink!

Charles is the stalker, Dark Falcon.

44. sacred ham says:

recusancy throws FDR under the racism bus for the cause of public-sector unions:

703 recusancy
    Wed, Mar 9, 2011 8:15:15pm

re: #692 Walter L. Newton

Even President Franklin Roosevelt, a friend of private-sector unionism, drew a line when it came to government workers […]

He also drew a line when it came to race. Some things he wasn’t very progressive on.

FDR was pro-eugenics, just like that other contemporary guy with the Charlie Chaplain moustache and the emo hair and the Tennessee State Flag on his arm.

45. Mandingo Warrior says:

ChenZhen :

Can CJ turn down ads? I’ve got some money. I want Walter von Dischische to do the editorial, Bunk X to do the illustration, and Bagua to expose asswhistle.

Thoughts?

Let’s see just how free market CJ is, and I do pt my money where my mouth is.

• Yea I don’t know. Perhaps there is no risk in trying?

• Mandingo Warrior says:

Don’t know. From all I remember about Blogads is that they are a “family company” and probably wouldn’t go for it.

They’re pretty skimpy on who they let advertise, let alone who they allow ads posted on so might not be the best approach.

I think far more compelling (I do have some experience with them) is when convincing someone to click on links to generate false hits. It’s immediate bannation in their books.

• song_and_dance_man says:

He’ll take the money for sure. He took Beck’s money for an ad of Glenn’s last book.

That’d be teh funny. DoD coffee cups. Caricatures with not-so-subtle buttcracks. LOL City, that.

46. Of course I forget to mention the most ironic thing in all this: celebrating the 9 millionth comment, after creating the impression that you wish that about 6 million of them weren’t there.

47. Malachi Mulligan says:

Charles was apparently hoping he might someday qualify as a teacher in Wisconsin. That was his exit strategy. No wonder he’s pissed!

48. Stillactive says:

Lizards?

49. Bagua says:

The lizards are thinking of fleeing America, now that the “pond scum” Republicans have had a state victory.

668 Surabaya Stew Wed, Mar 9, 2011 8:07:43pm

* 2

Call me biased, but I’m in favor of the starting over in Indonesia option myself.

And what choices for ProLifeLiberal

695 ProLifeLiberal Wed, Mar 9, 2011 8:13:50pm

* 2

re: #668 Surabaya Stew

I’m favoring Albania, Turkey, Morocco, and Bangladesh in the Muslim World, and Canada, Norway, Sweden, and Finland otherwise.

748 Surabaya Stew Wed, Mar 9, 2011 8:24:16pm

re: #695 ProLifeLiberal

For 1st world options, I’d choose Hong Kong myself. Closest thing to my beloved NYC in the world, IMHO. But my heart is set on the country with 17,000 islands and 300 languages.

Is any comment necessary?

• Malachi Mulligan says:

No, no comment necessary, but I’m thinking that any adult human crunk enough to convert to Islam should get the fuck out of this country if they can. We sure don’t need him here.

• Walter von Dichische says:

Bangladesh. Yeah. 🙄

• Bagua says:

Indonesia is another hell hole. Not to mention Albania. Albania?

• Malachi Mulligan says:

Fucking hell, doesn’t this guy read Ludwig’s rants? Bangladesh is going to be underwater in three weeks because of AGW, and BILLIONS WILL DIE!!1!

• Walter von Dichische says:

Elbonia.

Let’s open a Starbucks! Or better yet, a Public Broadcasting System! A Bangladesh National Endowment for the Arts!

Hell, according to lizard logic, they’re not being taxed enough, which is why they’re poor.

• Mandingo Warrior says:

Finland has some of the most rigorous immigration criteria in the world. Good luck! BTW, Hong Kong is a part of a communist country whether they like it or not!

Not anymore.

• Mandingo Warrior says:

Bagua, check the numbers. Finns are not short on rhetoric but really short on follow through. As for Hk, it’s communist under China, unless I will be informed now that it is not Chinese.

Am I wrong?

• Bagua says:

Finland joined the EU in 1995. They will no longer be able to control immigration

• Mandingo Warrior says:

Bagua, so what are the immigration numbers into Finland? Are they the haven of “new blood” that the other “Scandanavian (loosley termed) countries” are touting?

Last time I checked most of the “Scandanavians” were exporting Islamists “en masse”.

Saying that does not mean that Finns are considered Scands. They don’t even speak the same languange.

• Bagua says:

Being an EU member state, they can no longer control what citizens of other EU member states choose to move to their formerly sovereign nation. Whether they receive Finnish nationality or not is irrelevant, they can live and work their with full rights, oh, and receive benefits.

They retain the ability to limit immigration from non-EU members, but the work around is for those folks to touch down first in a more liberal member state, gain citizenship, and then move to their real target. Generally Britain or Germany at this point.

In this way, Britain is being overwhelmed with immigrants from eastern-Europe, as well as those from Africa and Asia who first stopped in other EU member states. Finlands time will come.

• Mandingo Warrior says:

Oh and to Stew. Indonesia is the most populous Muslim country in the world. Good luck setting up a liberal paradise there!

• Doppelganger says:

I ran away from too when I was 8.
      One time I got all the way to the end of the street before turning back

They are basically functioning like stupid 8 year olds. At least I was prepared to go somewhere nice, like The North Pole or The Merry Old land of Oz

• Alberta Oil Peon says:

Well, we certainly don’t need those fucktards in Canada. We are slowly putting our own house in order, thank you very much.

• OldLineTexan says:

Chechnya is nice. Go there.

If you’re femal, bring a headscarf collection and use it, or be prepared to be punished on the street.

/Liberal Heaven of Islamic Tolerance

50. Doppelganger says:

wow, when dork falcon and Walter E Newton are considered far right, I’d say the average LGF poster is slightly politically left of Mao

• Malachi Mulligan says:

Who knew that Chunk would turn out to be a Muslim-felching, union-boosting, furry-promoting dickweed?

51. Malachi Mulligan says:

Ojoe sez:

8 Ojoe Wed, Mar 9, 2011 8:55:49pm replyquote

* 0
    * down
    * up

Sorry, but in my book cheating on your marriage partner disqualifies you for any office of public trust.

I guess that was why JFK got whacked.

• poteen says:

Obama OK so far

Bush OK

Clinton massive DQ

Bush 1, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon OK

LBJ, JFK, Ike DQ
      Truman OK

FDR DQ

Dems have 2.5 out of 7 qualified pres. since before WWII
      Reps are 6 for 7 by that qualifier

52. Keeper of the Books says:

Doppelganger :

I believe his name is Walter L. Newton?

53. Bagua says:

Blow-jobs drive unemployment

A study of renewable energy in Scotland now shows that for every job created in the alternative energy sector, almost four jobs are lost in the rest of the economy.

Read it and weep… Ludwig, comment?

• Rabbi Snowflake Slutshamer, Scientist says:

Sure. That just shows how productive the green energy sector is. Eliminating jobs is a sign of productivity.

• Mandingo Warrior says:

It gets us that much closer to being aboriginal tribes. isn’t that the ideal? Racist! 🙂

• Doppelganger says:

Thank goodness for the federally funded cowboy poet festivals create tens of thousands of Jobs.

54. ChenZhen says:

I dunno if anyone mentioned it, but Pam Geller linked to DoD today (regarding the BB/hack thread).

I watched both parts of the MSNBC interview with BB this morning. For some reason they kept zooming in on his Marlboros.

• Bagua says:

The demon tobacco. Not PC to smoke.

• ISpeakJive says:

I have a feeling the camera crew was about to succumb to clouds of smoke. Did you notice they opened the sliding glass door 1/2 way thru to defumigate the room?

55. King Minos says:

ChenZhen :

linky?

56. Malachi Mulligan says:

Thought experiment: the Religion of Peace manages to pull off a big terrorist hit in L.A. tomorrow.

How will Chunkie react?

• Doppelganger says:

First he’ll blame tea party for the act and when it comes out that the person was a RoPer, he’ll make sure to announce that this was an isolated mentally ill person tormented by racism.

so whether the tea party pulls the trigger or not, in fact they are still to blame.

and of course, his main focus is that the racists out there use this isolated attack by a poor victim of tea bagger racism, that there isn’t more racism from the tea baggers

57. King Minos says:

Malachi Mulligan :
    How will Chunkie react?

He’ll take the shahada.

58. Malachi Mulligan says:

This used to be a popular song at LGF. [Boiler Room: didn’t Chunk post a thread about it once?]

How times have changed.

WHO’S PAYING YOU, CUNT?

• ISTE says:

http ://littlegreenfootballs. com/article/18987_Song_for_the_Ages/comments (link deliberately messed up)

The video he embedded has been removed by user but you are correct.

Song for the Ages
      Charles Johnson
      Fri Jan 27, 2006 at 9:04 pm PST • Views: 157

It’s In The Koran.

And again http: //littlegreenfootballs. com/article/19238_Its_In_the_Koran/comments

It’s In the Koran
      Charles Johnson
      Tue Feb 14, 2006 at 7:42 pm PST • Views: 532

Google Video (beta), like Angelfire, has submitted to radical Islam and removed it from view.

You are now at one of the only remaining sites on the web that will let you see it:

(Click picture to play video. Requires QuickTime.)
      UPDATE at 2/14/06 8:14:02 pm:

And it’s also available here, for now: Patrick Henry.

There are more but you get the idea. 😉

Oh and it is on his server at http: //littlegreenfootballs. com/weblog/video/ItsInTheKoran.mov

🙂

59. Malachi Mulligan says:

I wonder if atheist Charles would still allow atheist Pat’s video on his site.

Who’s paying you, Chunk?

60. poteen says:

ChenZhen, as The Minotaur :

Think I’ll get a sock and do my best to make the 9M comment a flounce. If the 10 comments on either side of 9M are flounces too, do you think it might affect his ‘will to live’?/

It’ll be a screen-cap competition for sure.

• Mandingo Warrior says:

That would be sweetness. 9millie flounces would be the greatest way to kiss that blog goodbye. Indian elders knew to get in the canoe and get pushed off into oblivion when the time came, but CJ prefers to pedal up into oblivion.

• Malachi Mulligan says:

His will to dishonestly blog is all I really want to affect.

• ISTE says:

Then what are we supposed to do?

Quilting? Join a Bridge club? Origami? Get a life?

Nah, I want Charles Johnson to go on being an asshole for a very long time yet!

“The first liar never stands a chance.”

The lizards have never heard this truism In The Village. Their arguments always boil down to straw men.

61. Overlook says:

The Wally should keep a running total of the deleted comments and banned posters: it is how he and his subjects in Swat measure his and their success.

62. MrPaulRevere says:

Chen and Nils, thanks for highlighting Gus’s bizarre posting behavior. I noticed 3 or 4 weeks ago he was typing gibberish just to inflate the comment count.

63. poteen says:

ISTE :
    Then what are we supposed to do?
    Quilting? Join a Bridge club? Origami? Get a life?
    Nah, I want Charles Johnson to go on being an asshole for a very long time yet!

Lizard tacos.

• Mandingo Warrior says:

Anthony Bourdain already did this in his Saudi Arabia episode (could be ironic here). The meat was green and inedible to him, even there!

64. Persephonexoxo says:

Send an email with names and examples, and the admins will give them the word.

• Malachi Mulligan says:

• Pink Flamingo says:

Can we have a group hug or something because it really upsets me when people get angry and shout and things.

I wish Ludwig was here, he is a Scientist and he knows things that most people do not know so he can help us understand things better.

yes, I miss my friend.

• Joost van den Vondel says:

A wise man once said “hurtful language is hurtful, and loving words are loving”. Ludwig probably disagrees, but think about it.

• Joost van den Vondel says:

“I only peruse these threads to see what is happening in Chuckleland.”

There is no such thing as “Chuckleland”. There is only “Chuckiestan”.

65. ryannon says:

Persephonexoxo :

“After seeing someone smacked down for calling someone a piece of shit… .” (note: about 15 times in the same thread).

You couldn’t possibly be referring to

from comment 113 onwards could you?

Aside from the issue of appropriate or inappropriate language (cunts, dicks, pricks, twats, pieces of shit, etc.) these sorts of ad hominem attacks against our own crew certainly leave a unpleasant smell lingering in the otherwise invigorating air of DoD. Especially when it originates with the same poster and oozes out to besmirch anyone objecting to the inchoate string of insults resulting from his meltdown.

66. ryannon says:

Joost van den Vondel :
    You forgot ‘pecker’. That’s what ISTE mutters under his breath every time he reads one of my posts. Very hurtful.

I personally don’t have a lot of problems with a well-chosen noun used as an objectifying adjective, especially when it’s non-lethal friendly fire directed by one of our own at another of our inglorious bastards.

It’s just when it gets all stalkerish and being and being hit over the head with the same obsessional ad hominem rant that it drags down the level and bums everyone out.

Just my turdball cottonmunching two cents…

67. ryannon says:

Joost van den Vondel :
    Oh, I dunno. We need Demos to weigh in on this.

I haven’t seen that assmunching putz around here for a while now…. 🙂

68. freetaxeskill says:

graph of the asset base of lgf’s blog

net zero

69. Voltaires Crack says:

Spacejesus has a new mission.

Get Buck banned. (try saying that 10 times fast)

First, the question in which Albusteve takes the bait

110 albusteve Wed, Mar 9, 2011 9:49:14pm replyquote

* 0
    * down
    * up

re: #100 SpaceJesus

did buck get banned today? i saw him being ridiculous this morning but forgot about him.

why would he be banned?

The response.

113 SpaceJesus Wed, Mar 9, 2011 9:52:10pm replyquote

* 1
    * down
    * up

re: #110 albusteve

he was really pushing it in some thread earlier, defending people who were banned pretty much

And for good measure

146 SpaceJesus Wed, Mar 9, 2011 10:16:09pm replyquote

* 1
    * down
    * up

re: #121 albusteve

he also said he regrets ever being a part of this blog and for sticking up for charles. i thought for sure he was going to get the stick

New hall monitor?

70. Persephonexoxo says:

Malachi Mulligan :Considering the way you throw around four-letter words (on file) I think you might want to moderate your outrage.

Show me the file please.

71. Persephonexoxo says:

ryannon :

Persephonexoxo :I only peruse these threads to see what is happening in Chuckleland. After seeing someone smacked down for calling someone a piece of shit, I come here and see someone being called a cunt? Who’s dragging the blog down now? As a female, I take the word “cunt” personally, thereby, it is hateful. We may get shut down for being labeled a hate site. Clean up your damn language. Pigs. Oh, and I have seen a few “mother fuckers” thrown around too. Either it all gets cleaned up or none of it does.

You couldn’t possibly be referring to
    from comment 113 onwards could you?

Excuse me, but if you reread what was said, it started with Daark Falcon being called a POS. Not “one of our own”. So until you know what you are talking about, maybe you shouldn’t jump on the Baguawagon? kthnxbai 🙂

• Bagua says:

I object to people being called “piece of shit” or “scum”, because it is dehumanising. Especially if from a poster who predominantly posts angry posts that shows he genuinely hates the people we poke fun at. These are people we are poking fun at, not excrement.

A mere insult based upon a body part doesn’t qualify, it is just an insult. So calling someone a dick, a prick, and ass, a clown, or a cunt is more mild, especially if done in humour. But when it is worded to be nasty, it does lower the tone as well.

You have the privilege of objecting to what you find offensive as do I. The moderators act as they deem appropriate, otherwise, we are a self-moderating community.

I want to see the tone raised because it increases our effectiveness and disarms the claims that we are a “hate” blog. DoD has developed into a widely read parody blog, angry, nasty comments drive away potential readers and members.

I did the same on LGF, where I targeted Ludwig for calling his opponents “scum”. No one here ever objected to my doing that.

• Bagua says:

And for the record, I asked Grimcargo politely to refrain from calling Dark Falcon a “Piece of Shit” on a threat in which we were making fun of him. Grimcargo almost exclusively posts angry comments.

Like a petulant boy, Grimcargo then trolled my every comment calling me “piece of shit” numerous times, it was at this point Ryannon commented. So you need to “know what you are talking about” as well.

• Grimcargo says:

I didn’t want to come back here but I see you refuse to stop your hypocritical rants about me. Lets see where this goes. Who appointed you to decide what is to be posted and what is not. You who on Twitter with your all concern about Dark Falcon and making sure he knew it wasn’t you making those vile comments about him…then you turned around and called him Poodle Cat…ruff ruff…
        You have let your self importance get away from you. I ask you again…rather be a piece of shit or what you called me…an ignorant redneck hillbilly. You are not fooling a single soul. Especially not those people who emailed your begging Charles. Begging him to reinstate you.

• Grimcargo says:

And for the record…this is on again little man.

• Persephonexoxo says:

I do know what I am talking about….I read the thread. Actually, if you wouldn’t have acted like a blog nazi, he probably wouldn’t have said another word about it. And why are you so concerned about the tone of his posts? Really? I have seen much worse here, yet not a word out of you. You need to calm down and not worry so much about what anyone else says here. If the admins have a problem with someone’s posts, they can deal with it. In other words MYOB.

• ryannon says:

Persephonexoxo
      March 8, 2011 at 6:19 pm | #116 Reply | Quote
      Grimcargo :No a gelding is a castrated horse. Which in your case,meaning you. A castrated jackass.

I’m gonna start using that….castrated jackass. That was hilarious.

Persephonexoxo
      March 8, 2011 at 7:05 pm | #117 Reply | Quote
      Dang all the blog monitors are out now.

Persephonexoxo
      March 8, 2011 at 7:09 pm | #118 Reply | Quote
      I wish you guys would just let it fucking go. Yes, I said fuck. Fuckity fuck fuck fuck. If the admins don’t like what is being said here, they can email the poster and tell them. There is no need for blog monitoring. So knock it the fuck off.

Damned if I could figure out who the hell you were talking about, and I still can’t.

But what I do know is that Bagua is a longtime forum friend, and he was being stalked and continually insulted by someone who was exhibiting all the social skills of…well, a piece of shit. As for DF, I leave his friends, sympathizers and those interested in some semblance of fair play (of which Bagua is one of the latter, I believe) to statue on whether he merits the POS accolade.

As for the question of other anatomical, scatological and sexualized images being used to objectify posters and other hominoids, whether those of DoD or elsewhere, I’ve already stated that I don’t give a flying fuck – as long as it doesn’t become repetitive, obsessional and boring to anyone with an I.Q. higher than the temperature of a dead horse – as well as damaging to the reputation of DoD as a credible source of information for the blogosphere as opposed to a cretinous source of flame-wars that interest no one.

All this to say that as concerns myself, I know what I’m talking about. As for you, it’s clear that you have some kind of contention going, which I still can’t figure out – unless it would have something to do with Bagua? xyzriprsvp 🙂

• Persephonexoxo says:

You shouldn’t post comments until your meds kick in. Otherwise, you make no sense at all. And you really needn’t worry about the reputation of the blog, that is what the admins are for. If there is a problem with what someone says, I am sure they can handle it without your input.

72. beed says:

OldLineTexan :
    But “fag” is still OK, right?

If you refer to a cigarette butt, then yes.

73. Bagua says:

OldLineTexan :
    But “fag” is still OK, right?

Personally, I only object to people being called scum, shit, that sort of dehumanising thing. And even then, only when the message is angry, hostile, bereft of humour and typical for that poster.

I’m not bothered by insults that are just characteristics of people, such as fag, hag, bastard, bitch, slut, etc. Though I did scold Barrett for calling someone “faggot”. These are degrading, but not dehumanising.

You may consider this prudish, but notice how this blog has taken off in popularity since this sort of angry and hateful commenting was greatly reduced. I also get many emails from former, and active “lizards” who approve of this change, find the place quite funny now, and thus are happy to contribute information and tips. My flock of birdies.

Personally, I write for a larger audience, not just those who actively comment.

• Grimcargo says:

You write for a larger audience? Of course you do. You write for those certain people over at LGF who you still want to have them help reinstate you. This is not your blog. So if you want to write to that audience get yourself a concern blog. Btw..you still write those that you slander thinking they do not see it. what a sad little man.

• OldLineTexan says:

So your standards for civil discourse are highly situational. That’s going to make it difficult to understand what’s permitted under the “new civility” being peoposed, don’t you think?

Or will it be like LGF, with the favored getting a pass?

Because, quite frankly, that’s what it looks like.

74. Joost van den Vondel says:

Grimcargo :
    And for the record…this is on again little man.

Great. You take down Bagua and I’ll take down Beed.

75. ryannon says:

OldLineTexan :
    But “fag” is still OK, right?

Only when referring to that faggy-assed Barrett Brown.

76. Bagua says:

Grimcargo :

Now that is a bold faced lie. No such emails exist. That is smear merchantry, the same as what we criticise Charles for. You are a very angry, petulant boy Grimcargo. You don’t grasp the points I’m making, yet you comment on them.

• Grimcargo says:

I grasp you Little mean. Anyone who has been reading you grasps you. Some of those just never see the other places you post and what you say. Don’t call me angry…just call me aware of you.

• Bagua says:

I only called you out on one thing, and politely asked you to refrain from calling Dark Falcon a “Piece of Shit.” I explained why and that it lower the standing of the blog.

You could simply accept, or even reject my request, instead of getting in a lather and trolling me and making up lies and acting the tough guy. I did not do the same to you.

If we are a blog where we just make up false accusations, then we are the same as LGF, we just hate each other.

• Grimcargo says:

If you will notice. I have never addressed you. Yet you have addressed me more than once. Looks like you would have learned that I do not care for your concern trolling and it did not do you one bit of good. Now if the owners of this blog wants to delete my posts…I am fine with it. But I surmise that it is your posts that should be deleted.
        And what I speak of about you begging to be reinstated is not a lie and you know it. If you want to keep bashing me I got all day today and we can burn down this blog.
        And you can email all your friends on here to come to your aid if you want. Like you did before.

77. ryannon says:

Joost van den Vondel :

Grimcargo :
    And for the record…this is on again little man.

Great. You take down Bagua and I’ll take down Beed.

Two men walk in – one hundred and fifty walk out.

78. ryannon says:

Grimcargo :
    How about two Chihuahuas and one man?

You want ketchup and fries with that?

79. Grimcargo says:

Bagua :
    Real men don’t act tough on the internet. Boys do.

What would you know about real men? I see no evidence that you are a real man.

• Bagua says:

I don’t pretend to be a tough guy, thus I have nothing to prove.

You however do “big man”, and I’ve seen you threaten other posters as well. This is a sign of insecurity. You are overcompensating for something. Perhaps you were bullied in school, or sexually abused as a child. I neither know, nor care. But I’m certain that you are all mouth. Internet tough guys always are. The truly dangerous people I know talk softly.

• Persephonexoxo says:

Sexually abused? That really crosses the line. What a terrible thing to say about someone. You should be ashamed of yourself for going there. Idiot.

• Grimcargo says:

The internet Doctor Bagu with his crystal ball again. Hey you left out my being a homosexual didnt you? You know everything about every single poster on LGF. You are a joke Little Man. Because I defend myself against you that makes me an internet tough guy? Its because it is all I can do Little Man until Al Gore invents the reach out and touch you feature.
        Cowards like you always bring up “Someone threatened me..boo hooo.”
        No one bullied me in school and no one is going to now..most especially you.

• Daedalus says:

Both of you know it off. Seriously. You 2 don’t like each ignore each other.

80. ryannon says:

Bagua :
    I don’t pretend to be a tough guy, thus I have nothing to prove.

81. Grimcargo says:

Persephonexoxo :

Let him go. The more he talks the more he unveils himself.

82. Daedalus says:

I’m shutting the comments off on this thread.
    Don’t carry it over to the next.

Ignore each other and don’t address each other.