This is what all the cool kids will be wearing this summer.

A commenter on an earlier thread opined about a Diary of Daedelus Store. Everyone who opines here gets our attention, and his/her opinion is no different. So let’s look at our options.  Please review these, vote for your favorites, and keep in mind that the winner(s) will likely appear on the apparel.  That means t-shirts and sweatshirts to you 1.0 lurkers.

(Click on any image to see it get really really big fast.)

Vote for your two favorites, and if your nic is Reggie, click on “Other” as many times as you want.  The final design will include “www.diaryofdaedelus.com” at the bottom, presented in a very tasteful and unobtrusive manner.

[Update: This Poll will be open for one week. The DoD Apparel Shop is being set up pending results from the Poll. Anyone choosing “Other” in the Poll is axed to leave a message describing “Other,” and we may or may not have a runoff poll.

Please vote based upon what you yourself would actually purchase, whether it’s a coffee mug or cool clothing, and not solely upon your favorite images. –Briareus]

99 Comments on “This is what all the cool kids will be wearing this summer.”

1. Macker says:

What? No selrahC as Mao shirt? Bummer….

2. The Osprey says:

Only two! What eees thees boolsheet?

Too many good designs to narrow down to only two. The Boiler Room Mob, The Guitar Playin’ Lizard in his Orange Psychedoolic Overalls, plumbers butt and downhill bicyclling Chuckies, and the St. Pancake are all classics. The only one that really doesn’t grab me is the lizard face for some reason.

3. i like the downhill biking one but i think they all need some more overt reference to the idiot and the blog he destroyed. no?

4. phoenixgirl says:

the only two i like are the lizard head and the boil room one…i really don’t want to wear a shirt with cj on it…..ick

5. Beeduwine says:

Had to go for the boiler room crew, even though their ties are awful.

6. sacred ham says:

Any chance that there could be two shirts, one for LGF/CJ and one for the Boiler Room?

Too-late suggestions: a half-deflated green football; big fat CJ atop a green tricycle.

7. Lizard head and “Boiler room” for me. Definitely the hippest, dude.

8. Oh, and I do like “adieu”:

and our pirate logo:

9. Whatever says:

Interesting how that guy downstairs seems to enjoy being in his own “special” thread. Not that I’m complaining, mind you.

10. Charles wants a new gig says:

Hi, Charles!

Since you are a writer for al Guardian now, will you be commenting on this development?

Or will you decorously avoid the subject and leave it buried on your Pages? I’m betting on the latter.

11. Daedalus says:

Boiler Room and the Johnson.

12. Charles wants a new gig :
    Hi, Charles!

Charles Johnson has only reads one post here:

It might be a good idea for you antisemitic haters to talk to him on that thread, at least that is where you have a chance of Charles Johnson seeing your comment.

I am not a psychic but I imagine Charles Johnson is currently having a well deserved laugh at the expense of the unfortunate Andrew Briefbart.

Why are y’all so obsessed with Charles Johnson?

You were banned, get over it!

13. Are you going to ban all the Jews who don’t support your crusade for a genocide against the Muslims?

14. wolfie says:

Totally, totally OT, of course, but wasn’t that whacko Jared Loughner into some weird stuff about conscious dreaming or such?

15. beeduwine says:

Oh my word. Who left the gate open at the downstairs thread?

16. beeduwine says:

Ah, the internet would be better off if people like Reggie were given typewriters instead. Or crayons.

17. […] This is what all the cool kids will be wearing this summer. « The … This is what all the cool kids will be wearing this summer. January 30, 2011 Briareus Leave a comment Go to comments. A commenter on an earlier thread opined about a Diary of Daedelus Store. Everyone who opines here gets our attention, […]

18. Stillactive says:

How long will the survey last? I want to make a reasoned choice. Not do the “blink” thing. Boiler Room™ has to be one of them though.
    OT: typing louder does’n make you coherent.

19. Charles wants a new gig says:

We’re going to need a backup object of derision soon. Charles’ blog is circling the drain. He can barely get hits for poking fun at the eminently pokeable Gellertwit anymore.

Suggested substitute: Almighty God. Same psychology as Chuck (“love me or be banned/damned”), and sadly He appears to be immortal, at least in the “minds” of his groupies.

• beeduwine says:

It is fair to have reservations about Geller, but what is your take on Charles’ level of obsession with her?

• Charles wants a new gig says:

The size of his hate-on is always in direct proportion to his inability to shut you up, I think.

• tunnelrat says:

Hey dumbass, why don’t you go over to LGF and blog there? They hate Christianity almost as much as you do. Of course you will need to worship a certain portly G_d, (and I am not talking about Buddah….) You would fit right in at their hatefest.

• snowcrash says:

Do you have any other suggestions?

• Bagua says:

You’re just trolling with this off topic nonsense.

• prebanned says:

The foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom. I used to think that My rejection of God was really His rejection of Me. God did not reject Me.

• Charles wants a new gig says:

Smite him, Sky Daddy! For he doth not kiss thy immortal ass!

Here’s a test for all you godbangers:

Take a random passage from your evil book, but substitute the words “Allah” and “Muhammad” for “God” and “Jesus”…

What’s that? It suddenly makes you sick?

My point, exactly.

Charles is a mini-god, and “God”, I’d he existed, would be a cosmic Charles.

• Charles wants a new gig says:

“if”

• poteen says:

Take a walk downtown sometime and see how many down and out people get fed and sheltered by those who believe in almighty ‘sky muppets’. Some religious charities even offer professional help to individuals with deep seated emotional problems, like you.
      If not, at least have the wherewithal to go there and tell those believers, to their faces, that their sky muppet is a fraud.
      Baiting the believers here, safe behind your keyboard, shows only that you are a coward.

• Charles wants a new gig says:

If your muppet is real, why don’t he smite me?

I tell the muppeteers they’re fools IRL all the time. Fun to watch them turn purple while I go right on living. They only wish the could Taliban my impious ass. Maybe someday they will, but that will still prove exactly nothing regarding the existence of the Cosmic Muffin.

• poteen says:

My religious views for the record.

“There is no God but Lombardi and Aaron Rogers is his messenger.”

• Whatever says:

Dude. The Flying Spaghetti Monster can ennoodle you at any time.

You’ve been warned.

• Charles wants a new gig says:

LOL.

20. poteen says:

Charles wants a new gig :
    If your muppet is real, why don’t he smite me?

You still miss my point. Belief in the existence of a God isn’t the issue. You are clear that you don’t. Why do you feel such a NEED to belittle those who do?. Impious or whatever, you show yourself to be simply an ass.

21. poteen says:

And if you’re really bucking to be smote, let’s climb in a ring somewhere and get it done.
    For charity of course. 50% to Catholic Charities and 50% to the atheist sky muppet/muffin charity.

22. prebanned says:

Charles wants a new gig :“if”

All of Mans days are as a vapor. I think substituting God for Allah and Jesus for Mohammed in the Koran would be much worse.
    Jesus did not come to condemn the world but to seek and save that which was lost!
    Matt 18:23-35 tells of a servant who’s master forgave his debt. The servant went out and did not forgive another’s debt that was much smaller. The master found out and dropped the hammer on the unforgiving servant. Read and study that as an example of why Christians should be forgiving. Then read the book of Jonah and see that Jonah was angry at God because Ninevah repented! Humans are deeply flawed.

23. mfhorn says:

Maybe have the downhill one riding the chart of the downward trend of visits to the swamp? Maybe even a bicycle-riding lizard…

I like the St. Pancake one.

24. Beeduwine says:

Yeah, really brave, mocking good on a little forum and all. Try saying that to his face!

25. Whatever says:

Shouldn’t the Chuck’s-head-on-a-pike Yertlefish picture be up there, too?

• garycooper says:

Definitely, but I still think the pike should have a big bulge in the midsection and hind-region. Just for accuracy. A tin-foil hat wouldn’t hurt, either.

26. snowcrash says:

Harris Falkner on FOX News is showing a little skin tonight. Would one of the LGF stalkers let Ludwig know? Thanks, it’s kind of quiet in here.

27. beeduwine says:

Charles wants a new gig :
    Yeah. If you beating me up would prove that your pissy little sky fascist is real – what would me shooting you in the face prove?
    Hmm, logic boy?