Reggie banned Open Thread

I banned Reggie/Lawrence/Zaphod after several attempts to reason with him. Despite my 3 year hostility with him, I really sincerely tried as a human to help him. He is under the delusion that Chuck is on a plot with him, when clearly Charles said he has nothing to do with him. Reggie believes that Bill O’Reilly is after him and that there’s a massive conspiracy behind these blogs. Instead of talking civil, he smeared me as an anti-Semite and launched personal attacks on many on this blog. Clearly he needs professional help and this is not a psychiatric ward. This a blog exposing the hypocrisy and mocking Charles “Icarus” Johnson.

I thank everyone for their patience, but I really wanted to help another human being who lives in a fantasy world. I did this post because I feel the readers of Daedalus needed to be told the reason for Reggie’s banning.

Note: I moved Chen’s post to 7:00 PM EST. Our both went up at the same time and I felt his was a better thread. I gave him the Prime Time spot.

109 Comments on “Reggie banned Open Thread”

1. Bureaucat says:

Good decision. The attention was just enabling his manic behavior.

Sometimes the kindest thing is to cut someone off and you did it in the most patient way possible.

In contrast to – quit it you are embarassing me!

2. Carolina Girl as Arachne says:

Daedalus – you had a lot more patience with him than I would have. Livefreeordie’s advice was good – don’t engage, just implore him to seek professional help, and that’s pretty much what everyone did after that. Although at the end, with us all playing the “what will be Comment 666 – lightened the mood.

All I can say is that people here were kinder to Reggie/Zaphod than the people that a month ago were calling themselves his friends.

3. Daedalus says:

Carolina Girl as Arachne :

I really felt bad for him. I realized he has issues and once again Chuck used a mentally unstable person, like Sharmuta.

4. Bureaucat says:

PS – Did anyone else notice the similarity between the conspiracy theories he was spouting and the drek fed to the Lizards every day about how the “stalkers” lives revolve around LGF?

The paranoid rants and tweets sure played a big part in Reggies world view and his imaginary plans with Charles. Kindred spirits.

5. Stillactive says:

Getting banned here is like getting kicked out of Biker Bars for being too rowdy or tarred and fathered by an Amish community. Hell some here even ‘like’ Barrett Brown. Go figure.

• Bureaucat says:

If you can’t be a good example at least you can be a horrible warning.

• Lily says:

Didn’t he say he was ‘working’ with Barrett Brown?

• Iron Fist says:

You can get kicked out of a biker bar for being too rodwdy. Start a fight, and your ass will be hitting the pavement quick. There are things that are tolerated (like carrying weapons) and things that aren’t (using them). Every place has to keep the peace, or the Law will close you down.

• Basement Cat says:

For the record, I find Barrett Brown both irritating and boring. He needs to shut up until such time as he can get his head together and acquire the ability to observe the real world and formulate cogent, logical thoughts about it.

6. freetaxkiller says:

Al Gore has blog and twitter accounts, hand them off to Reggie.

He needs something to do, send him off in that direction, he might meet up with a nice loon liberal earth first woman and live happy ever after shutting down logging in the west.

Keep in mind, no good deed goes unpunished.

7. Coldwarrior as Alcibiates says:

i await reggie’s reinstatement at lgf, and him to be decorated as a state hero, royal order of lizards with bicycle device in the ribbon for valor…

or not.

8. Rubber Soul says:

Some final thoughts

On Reggie, I hope he seriously consider’s talking to someone (preferably a mental health professional)about what’s going on in his mind.

On Marjorie Moon’s comments, That ranked right next to Wild Irish Rose’s little stunt with Zombie. Despicable. Had to be over 100+ comments in that thread (and the one’s preceding it) imploring Reggie to get some help.

• Charles wants a new gig says:

What did Moron Marj say now?

• Rubber Soul says:

#288
        marjoriemoon
        They’re egging him on. They have no sense. A few are telling him to get help. He’s denying he has any kind of problem. Many of them think it’s very funny. Sick fucks.
        It just infuriates me that the stalker blog exists. They take no responsibility for the hatred they dump out over there

• Charles wants a new gig says:

Pot, meet kettle. I am delighted to know, though, that our existence offends her. Gives meaning to my empty, hate-filled life.

• Please. Like they weren’t eggin’ him on ever there.

• wolfie says:

“It just infuriates me that the stalker blog exists.”

WOW.
        That’s a far cry from “they infuriate me” or even “I hate them.”

Mar-moon has become a little Stalinista, hasn’t she? Lie down with dogs,……

• livefreeor die says:

Marjie Moonbat, did you do anything to actually help Reggie? Did you try to get him to get help? Did you ask Charles to contact him? Did you decide “To heck with Charles’ rules, helping another human being is more important” and come over here and try to talk with Reggie?

No. You didn’t. Because not rocking Charles’ little boat was more important to you than helping someone you were supposedly concerned about. Don’t sit there and tell me about us “dumping hatred” when several of us tried to help Reggie out.

9. Davehm says:

What ever happened to Sharmuta? did anyone catch that or was she quietly disappeared during the night?

10. GrandJunctionite says:

Clearly Reggie worshipped Charles and was trying to defend him in his own delusional way. Folks here did what they could to snap him into reality.
    He got more compassion here than at the swamp from his so called friends. Despite what MajMoon thinks.

Bagua and Dadaelus you did what you could.

• Whatever says:

I think it’s even weirder than that. Look at the wiki article on “The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin”.

He thinks he’s in some drama, and in the end, just like in the TV series, “CJ” is going to end up working for him. That’s what the “yet” was all about, that got Johnson so hot under the collar.

This is some really weird shiite.

• Carolina Girl as Arachne says:

His typing was more and more incoherent as the night wore on as well. Wrong words, wrong context. I mean we all make the occasional boo-boo and then read it when it’s posted.

Reggie, for instance, continually used the term “psychic” when talking about himself, asking why we thought he was pyschic, etc. And he did this more than once. Interesting that intentionally would not acknowledge that we were telling him that he was sounding like he was PSYCHOTIC.

• Charles Pancake says:

GrandJunctionite :
      Bagua and Dadaelus you did what you could.

They did more than daddy of the family at LGF. Chuckles the clown could have put him on timeout unless he got help but he completely and totally wiped his hands of him and tossed him like a used gum wrapper. Two “enemies” at least tried to help. Now how whacked is that?

11. Coldwarrior as Alcibiates says:

whaddya mean reggie hasnt been reinstated yet?

12. freetaxkiller says:

For LudwiggedOut and or cj when they skim by.

Lud: http://www.wattsupwiththat.com

cj: http://www.arapahoebasin.com
    catch the web cams and the snow

13. trebob says:

freetaxkiller :
    For LudwiggedOut and or cj when they skim by.
    Lud: http://www.wattsupwiththat.com

From the article: “In New York City, the third major snowstorm dropped 19 inches, the 8th heaviest snowstorm in history (back to 1869/70). The post Christmas
    blizzard brought dropped 20 inches, the sixth heaviest snowstorm.”

As LvQ would tell us, that’s positive, undeniable, algebraic proof of global warming.

14. Formercorpsman says:

Daedalus, is this behavior what you have always known going back the way you described?

15. Daedalus says:

Formercorpsman :

Yes he really thinks O’Reilly is part of some plot and is sending trolls to Leftist sites.

16. Charles wants a new gig says:

Seems Charles has opened the door to the One Unmentionable Subject. Today’s LGF page features a abortion story. It’s not a problem for women, emotionally, ever. Apparently.

• Lily says:

And he would know this how? So he is in favor of abortion….how many women has he talked to that have had one? My guess…zero.

• Whatever says:

I haven’t been to the swamp, but let me guess: it’s proven science because some sociologist published a paper.

How close was I?

• Formercorpsman says:

He is trying to drum up traffic.

• Lightmore says:

He’s as full of it as Emperor Hussein Zero. I know women who are vehemently pro-choice, have had abortions themselves, yet admit that having them was traumatic. In at least two cases I know, guilt feelings are reflected in overprotective child-raising styles.

I’m not saying this is a universal phenomenon — no two people are alike. I’m just saying his sweeping claim is totally off-base.

17. Lily says:

Zapod/reggie needed to be banned. You guys gave him enough time to settle down yet he just became more rabid/weird.
    Not to mention I would think reggie doesn’t even registar on Bill O’s radar.

18. phoenixgirl says:

you did the right thing…and were extremely patient with him…i really hope he gets help before he harms himself or someone else…..

19. Rubber Soul says:

CNANG I posted Marjorie’s comment under your question above

20. Bagua says:

Lily :
    Didn’t he say he was ‘working’ with Barrett Brown?

That was a lie.

21. Konservo says:

Reggie believes that Bill O’Reilly is after him
    —-

Doesn’t he know that O’Reilly has Jesse Waters handle his dirty work for him?

😉

22. Bagua says:

I’ll bump my final message:

For everyone else here, I have confirmed everything I suspected about Reginald “The Poodle” Perrin from people with direct knowledge of him and the back-room stuff at LGF. I’ll not not offer any further details. My online credibility speaks for itself.

1. Charles Johnson is not in any way shape or form involved in a “plot” with Reggie. Charles is being slandered by this false allegation.

2. The same is true of Barrett. These connections are fantasies in Reggie’s mind. Barret, like me, would like to help him, but has not plotted with him or even communicate offline.

3. The Lizards are as bewildered and disgusted by Reggie’s behaviour as we are. They are worried he may be dangerous due to some of the nonsense he was ranting.

4. Reggie is certainly mentally ill, but no more now than he always was. He is a nasty, paranoid, delusional, long term obsessive stalker. This has always been the case, he was just less flamboyant about it in the past.

There is nothing anyone can do to help Reggie, this is a long term illness. Perhaps he could benefit from a mood stabiliser like lithium, if this is a manic episode, but I doubt any doctor could help him.

23. Archonix says:

Whatever :
    Only uneducated boobs are impressed by academic papers.

That depends on the paper. If it’s a data dredge pretending to be science that “discovers” a “new effect” of some thing then it’s a pile of shit. If it’s my wife’s PhD thesis, which has potentially (and I stress the potentially) opened up a completely new area of research in classical literature research, then it’s worth a little respect.

I’m trying to get her to write some more papers on the subject but she’s a bit leery about it.

• Whatever says:

I didn’t say all papers are junk, only that only dopes like Chuck and Ludwig get starstruck by a paper simply because it is a paper. Of course, there are good ones.

• Stillactive says:

True that. Chunk and Lewdie should work more with
        Zig Zag or Top. Might tone Lewdie down and couldn’t hurt Chunks mad code skills.

• wolfie says:

Well, if Loody really were a graduate student in physics —or whatever it is he’s pretending to be — he would know that one paper is worthless in isolation.

If he’d ever been to a colloquium where an academic paper is assigned, he’d know you’d better have read and be able to cite a good dozen other papers on the same subject before you even open your mouth.

Of course, they might do things a little differently at his “university.” 🙄

• nil says:

…a completely new area of research in classical literature research…

Give us a hint what this might be, if you can. I’ve spent enough time listening to an art history professor friend of mine go on about her specializations in this area that my curiosity is piqued.

• Archonix says:

Well I did say potentially. I want to hedge that one as it may well come to nothing in the end.

It’s largely to do with the perception of the text as a body and the use of this sort of metaphor within classical writing. It opens up a few avenues of research on how classical Rome viewed the act of writing itself in terms of conflict, life and death as well as injury. How they might perceive the loss (or the “death” or “dismemberment”) of texts is interesting too, which ties in somewhat with Roman fatalism (that is, the concept of accepting what fate bestows without complaint, which is incidentally part of the reason why Christianity did so well in Rome – the martyrs in the arena essentially conformed exactly to Roman expectations of how one should die by accepting death and waiting stoically for it to come to them rather than either trying to run away or attempting to hasten it).

In fact I may just go and suggest that idea about lost texts to her and see what she says.

• Whatever says:

In fact, to amplify my point, here is an absolutely abominable paper from a couple of Stanford profs:

Read it, and shake your head in disbelief. This is malpractice.

24. Barrett Brown says:

Egyptian regime has shut off internet across the country, likely via undersea cables. Phones are said to follow although many of us are dubious as to the possibility of doing so in an effective manner.

• Archonix says:

Landlines could go, but they’d have a hell of a time trying to shut off mobile or satellite telecommunications.

• Bagua says:

Hard to imagine what will follow if Egypt falls into chaos? Will the next dictator be worse? Better?

• Whatever says:

Muslim Brotherhood. Bad, bad news.

• Stillactive says:

The Brotherhood suppressed only by tyrannical oppression and fear. I’m sure all will be fine with no loss to innocents. The next dictator will be much better. What could go wrong? Not to worry. Berry’s got our back.

• Stillactive says:

Good Lawrd! I wonder what this is going to do to Chunks numbers. Billions are internet blind!

• Whatever says:

That won’t shut down internet inside of the country, just seal it off from the rest of the world. As I understand it, a lot of the lines between the Arabian Peninsula and Europe run through Egypt, so this has a high likelihood of causing problems in Arabia, and creating an international incident.

Meanwhile, I’m sure there are cell towers in Israel within reach of far Northeastern Egypt.

• Macker says:

Is OpBFE involved?

25. mtc says:

I was wondering how Reggie could be banned from this blog; it has open commenting and no registration.

• Whatever says:

By IP. He’ll probably come back with another, and we’ll have to play whack-a-troll.

• Carolina Girl as Arachne says:

Especially once he realizes he isn’t going to be reinstated at LGF. One of his big delusions last night was Clueless’s “fake” banning him so he could come here, push a thread to 666 comments (and frankly, the jockeying once we hit that magic number to get comment 666 was welcome comic relief), at which point the blog would topple and die under the weight of a thread of so many comments. He exalted that when the magic number of 666 was reached, some Super-Troll would also be exposed and all of us would be humbled.

• Whatever says:

Here’s the thing about delusionals: they may never admit reality if they don’t want to. Sharmuta was strange, but she understood when the jig was up. This guy may very well still be haunting the internet long after LFG is gone, insisting that Chuck is going to fess up and let him back in.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that it’s going to be a long time, if ever, until this character wakes up. Delusions are organisms. They exist to perpetuate themselves.

Creepy stuff. I’ve witnessed it before. They just won’t let go. Ever.

• Charles wants a new gig says:

Almost reminds one of the persistent belief in heaven-ordained American Exceptionalism.

26. nil says:

Archonix :

Thanks, that’s fascinating, sounds just like something my professor friend could (and would) go on and on about. Her specialty is 15th/16th century Italian & French art/literature. It’s a real trip traipsing through a museum with her. I’ll have to mention this to her just to hear her response – all this art history / classical literature stuff is like an alternate universe I get a peek into every so often, and it’s huge, strange, and interesting.

27. Princess Natasha says:

Wow, late to the party but thankfully I can catch up… So, the character R. Perrin went all insane at Chuck’s place, then came here and pooped on the rug. And you guys were nice enough to offer him sincere help and advice. You know, you are making me feel bad, because I was a total ass toward Barrett Brown when he showed up here, and I realize I was wrong, because he is a very interesting and fun addition to this place — and he is sane! Well, at least he is sane by MY standards. Anyway, driving on.

28. jordanduram says:

May the gods have mercy on Mr. Perrin’s soul.

29. doppelganger says:

am I the only one who thinks this reggie person is a troll?

I’m not gonna devote the time to read all the comments.

you’ve all been duped. this was an act

• ISpeakJive says:

I’ve been leaning that way, but you never know. Something was seriously wrong with that guy even if it wasn’t psychosis, per se.

• Bagua says:

He went beyond troll into disturbed stalker.

• Nesoi says:

Agreed.
        And, you tried today again Bagua to help him. I have to give you kudos for that.

• poteen says:

Personally, I think it’s been a series of 3 day drunks with Reggie. He’ll stay away somewhat embarrassed until Jose’ Cuervo tells him to put on another sock.
        In any case DoD’s responsibility to ‘due diligence’ should be satisfied.

• Whatever says:

I have no background in psychology, but I have had personal experience with someone who lost the distinction between reality and fantasy, and all I can say is if this is a put-on, it’s quite expertly done. If this is fake, it’s a masterpiece.

30. Stillactive says:

Well it does say Open so:

“41 LudwigVanQuixote
    Thu, Jan 27, 2011 5:33:57pm
    down
    up
    FUCK the GOP.

Sideways.

With a copy of Origin of the Species.”

Lewdie’s found his ™

31. Bagua says:

41 LudwigVanQuixote Thu, Jan 27, 2011 5:33:57pm

FUCK the GOP.

Sideways.

With a copy of Origin of the Species.

Has Ludwig apologised for telling iceweasel: “Fuck you sideways – Bitch!” ?

These 6 updings are all in approval of calling iceweasel a “Bitch!” That would be iceweasel reasoning.

• GrandJunctionite says:

No I don’t think so. I don’t believe they have been seen together on the same thread. Iceweasel is MIA.

• Bagua says:

Apparently Jimmah was only pretending outrage the dozens of other times he demanded apologies for far less, and ofter manufactured offenses.

Yet there it is again. “Fuck” & “Sideways”.
        Just a couple visits later and no apology.

This is a direct reference by Ludnut, btw, whenever he steps his foot in something ugly, or gets caught out, he tried to work it in and establish it right after to avoid admitting he was wrong.

His mistakes become his new talking points.

• Charles wants a new gig says:

Heh. Lood and “admitting he was wrong” in the same sentence. What a concept.

Not if we entered a new ice age tomorrow. AGW is in the Talmud, you know. Right next to the tractate about lateral sodomy with hefty scientific tomes.

• Whatever says:

Lateral adultery with frigid mustelids.

32. Mandingo Warrior says:

You did everything compassionate for Reggie that you could. He is a Kool Aid drinking cultist, that even when banned has figured out a reason to blame you all.

It’s really sad and I hope he gets some help. You all tried, and the olive branch came from here. CJ threw him away like a half drunk beer. I still think he has frightening mental problems, and something that deserves real attention.

I hope and pray this person doesn’t do something drastic.

33. Charles wants a new gig says:

Hey Lewd – a close reading reveals – it’s “The Origin of Species” – not “Origin of the Species” – LOL.

Fake scientist iz fake.

34. demos says:

Bagua :

41 LudwigVanQuixote Thu, Jan 27, 2011 5:33:57pm
    FUCK the GOP.
    Sideways.
    With a copy of Origin of the Species.

Has Ludwig apologised for telling iceweasel: “Fuck you sideways – Bitch!” ?

She’s probably come around to agreeing with that description of her personality in the interim.

35. Awholeincharge says:

The “frigid ferrit” is at least as mentally deranged as Ludwig van. Evil and deranged. A perfect combo for that site. Its diarrhea of the written word must co$t Chuckels quite a bit.