Airing Out The Boiler Room

[Illustration courtesy of the Hon. Internet Septic Tank Engineer who, in quick response to recent requests for an image of Charles Johnson’s head on a pike, provided that graphic for all the honest and truthful bloggers of the world to enjoy, on his own dime and without request for recompensation.]

Anyone who’s been following The Diary of Daedelus knows that The Boiler Room Crew has been very busy these past few months, and now it’s time to give them a reprieve.  To be sure, they’ve passed a few messages up the seekrit shaft, yet they’ve never requested a break. They’re long overdue for shore leave.

Two home runs in the span of a pancake is above and beyond the call of duty in this reporter’s opinion. They’ve secured, hidden and camouflaged The World’s Greatest Blog Search Engine™, opened the blacked out windows and are airing the place out so it’ll be nice and fresh when they come back to tackle the next assignment in the hopper.

Congrats and Kudos, Dudos. You’ve caused jaws to drop in stunned amazement all over the internest.

196 Comments on “Airing Out The Boiler Room”

1. Stillactive says:

*swims to the reflective side of the tank*
    *Thinks “Good by and thanks for all the face.”

2. Barrett Brown says:

Reggie, I just replied to your messages to me on the other thread. As I noted, you can e-mail me at barriticus@gmail.com if you want to talk. I’ll be up for a while.

3. Davehm says:

I posted on a dead thread.
    Poor Reggie is a little out there, more issues than a newsstand, I feel bad for the fella.

I like this site… I’ll keep lurking

4. Beeduwine says:

465 Charles
    Wed, Jan 26, 2011 7:54:08pm replyquote
    down
    up
    favorite
    By the way, I checked out Patterico’s post about me “faking” my statistics, which includes a video from the stalker site.

The video is faked. It’s quite easy to see how he did it — he used another browser to reload the page at the same time, thus making it appear as if the ‘views’ counter jumped by several numbers.

Anyone who doesn’t believe this — go ahead and try to duplicate the stalker’s video yourself. Pick an old post from several years ago, reload the page, and watch the views counter — it will increment by one.

They’re reduced to actually faking things now. There’s nothing faked about LGF’s statistics — the views counters show how many times a page was loaded, period.

• TTC says:

I think he reversed what ever rigging he did. I just checked, and I couldn’t reproduce on an 05 thread.

• beeduwine says:

It is his counter, he can do whatever he wants with it. Get your own counter.

• Internet Septic Tank Engineer says:

I know no one will ever believe us but there is one thing all of us down here in the Boiler Room agree on. We will never fake anything, of course we can, but what is the point.

In fact there are some things that we discovered while digging through the shit down here that we never did go with as articles. The reason? We could not prove 100% that what we thought was true was, or we contacted a third party who put a different slant on what we thought was a good story.

Anything we do “fake” or “spoof” we do in such an obviously fake way that everyone can see we are doing satire and The Onion type of things.

A good example is the image at the top of this thread. I can say with my hand on my heart that this image is not, and I repeat it is NOT a Photoshopped image!

It is a Paint Shop Pro.
      😉

• Well, I know I didn’t “fake” the video; everything was as I said. I’m assuming he’s not accusing me of editing the video, rather, that I had another window open and was refreshing the page?

Even if I had another browser/window working, I don’t think I’d be able to refresh the page 13 times in that period. 40 -> 53 my first click to get it to 41 was at 0:36 of the video, and the last click to get it to jump to 53 was at about 1:14 ish. That’s like 38 seconds. You can clearly see my loading bar, and that clicking sound you hear is the wheel on my mouse trying to scroll up.

But, others have said that they couldn’t do it either, so I wonder if it is browser specific? I’m using IE.

• Scrat says:

I’m using firefox.

I went to a random thread dated Feb 28, 2002, titled ‘hatred that won’t die’.

Original views: 32
        Click on comments: 33
        Click on ‘new comments’: 33
        Refreshed page: 35

• Charles Pancake says:

Charles the POS wrote, “the views counters show how many times a page was loaded, period.”

So then he’s admitting that the label “views” is bogus. What a big surprise, NOT!

• Whatever says:

Correct. It shouldn’t matter, even if you did have another window open. The only way to fake that (and he should know this good and well) is to set up a very elaborate hoax with an internal server on your computer.

Manque, Chuck.

There was no video fakery. Chen did the vid last night on a dare. It had already been confirmed by several contributors independently and cross checked over the past week before The Boiler Room Crew decided to post it.

CJ got caught and fixed his 90’s vintage stat grinder.

There’s another video done independently from Chen’s. The quality wasn’t quite as good and there’s no verbal narrative, but it shows the same results.

Chen’s video is authentic, unless he’s capable of finding an LGF thread from 2003, copying and manipulating it, creating a video, editing it, overlaying a loading bar, and providing a syncronized voiceover, posting it to YouTube, writing up a post and creating statistics to back it up in less than a couple of hours.

The statistics proof came first. The video was last minute icing.

• I just checked- That’s from the secret thread, innit? LOL I wonder why they suddenly had an unannounced seekrit thread? hhmmm…were the lizards discovering funny stuff themselves? You’d think if he was going to accuse me of faking the video, he’d put it right out there and rub it in my face.

Anyway, I made another video where I can consistently make it jump by 9 with every refresh of http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/17913_PJ_Editorial_Board_Profile-_Tim_Blair/comments/. The counter went from 50 to 104 in less than a minute. 6 clicks. No way I could do that even with another browser or window, given the loading times.

Might be browser-specific. Not sure.

• kansas says:

I was checking alexa for rankings and noticed that LGF has tanked and pam is pretty much up with it. Funny. Then while checking patterico’s stats I noticed a feature at the bottom called the wayback machine. I checked out how patterico looked back in 04 and 05, and then went over to check LGF stats. Oops. Blocked by the owner. Go figure that.

• garycooper says:

This proves that Fatass was perpetrating intentional fraud, as he knew exactly how to stop the geometric-counting to stop on a dime. Now, let’s keep track of his page-views while monitoring the counter. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

5. Iron Fist says:

Love the head on a pike! I think it is too sub-tile for Chuckles to get the joke, though… 😯

Davehm :
    I posted on a dead thread.
    I like this site… I’ll keep lurking

Stick around. Everything’s been kinda Jumpy and Jivey here recently. It’ll get boring again in a month or so.

7. Charles Pancake says:

Definitions of pike on the Web:

* expressway: a broad highway designed for high-speed traffic
    * highly valued northern freshwater fish with lean flesh
    * a sharp point (as on the end of a spear)
    * medieval weapon consisting of a spearhead attached to a long pole or pikestaff
    * Charles Johnson of Little Green Footballs after his pageview fraud was exposed.

• KGB says:

There’s also this definition of piker.

piker
      – 4 dictionary results
      pik·er
         /ˈpaɪkər/ Show Spelled[pahy-ker] Show IPA
      –noun Informal .
      a person who does anything in a contemptibly small or cheap way.

• Charles wants a new gig says:

LOL. The Thin-Lipped Moral Piker™.

• KGB says:

Damn, I knew I should have filed for the trademark right away!

• KGB says:

Let’s not forget these other definitions for piker:

World English Dictionary
        piker (ˈpaɪkə)

— n
        1. ( Austral ) a wild bullock
        2. ( Austral ), ( NZ ) a useless person; failure
        3. ( US ), ( Austral ), ( NZ ) a lazy person; shirker
        4. a mean person

8. nil says:

Beeduwine :
    465Charles
    Wed, Jan 26, 2011 7:54:08pm replyquote
    down
    up
    favorite

Johnson’s lying – nobody here faked anything, and he knows it, and his few remaining loyal loozards also know it (and just like the St. Pancake flap they just don’t care).

Note what he says – “reload the page”. Accessing an old LGF thread and then reloading the page has always been the least reliable way to see the Views count padding happening.

Try accessing an old thread, scrolling down and right-clicking the “comments” link, then pasting that link into a new tab on your browser and hitting go and noting the new Views count. This has been a much more reliable way of seeing Views counts jump by 2, 3, or 4 rather than the correct increment of 1.

• PeteP says:

I tried it on a 2007 thread. My Views count jumped by 2 every time and I’m using Chrome Linux. Well picked up nil. If he’s not faking his stats then there’s an error in his coding.

• nil says:

Thanks for confirming that.

I’ve seen it on Opera, Chrome, FireFox (all linux) – jumps of 2, 3, or 4.

And, welcome to the ever-expanding conspiratorial cohort of ‘fakers’ 😉

9. African Moondog says:

Well done on the head on a pike. Another variation of the “Arafish” theme so quite applicable!

10. demos says:

ChenZhen, as The Minotaur :
    Might be browser-specific. Not sure.

May be browser specific: only increases by 1 with each refesh on Chrome.

11. Middle-Earth says:

test

12. beeduwine says:

Big Thanks to the Boiler Room Crew. This is more fun than LGF ever was.

13. Charles wants a new gig says:

I love the pike picture. You can just feel how the Johnsonfish is struggling with himself. “Must. Not. Take. Bait.” But he can’t help himself. He never can.

14. kansas says:

Next feature on Green Lies might be the Obama didn’t really bow to the Saudi King thread. That was one of my first WTF moments over there. I was able to completely ignore the Vlaams Belang Do Wah Diddy Diddy issue. Oh, question. How long does it take for a pike to stink?

• beeduwine says:

It starts stinking pretty much from moment you remove it from of its natural habitat. “What habitat is that?”, you say. That would be water, friend. Water.

15. Mandingo Warrior says:

So the answer to “views gate” is that the videos are faked? I love it. What a pathological liar we have on our hands.

I truly believe that when the dust settles, we will find CJ about as sane as Reginald Perrin.

16. Bureaucat says:

I can’t believe he’s responding and trying to cover his rear.

Even when I was still posting at LGF if he started complaining about “stalkers” I would glaze over and skip to the next discussion. Hint for Charles: endlessly whining about yourself doesn’t even thrill the captives.

17. demos says:

Charles wants a new gig :

Personally, I prefer ‘Yertlefish’ Easily as ridiculous as Arafish.

18. demos says:

beeduwine :

There’s an old proverb about that, to the effect that fish rotting from the head down:

• demos says:

Correction: …to the effect that fish rot from the head down:

• beeduwine says:

19. demos says:

beeduwine :

Excellent observation. I never saw the website before googling the fish proverb, so no vested interest in defending it…

20. garycooper says:

beeduwine :That article is partly true, but group dynamics is tricky business. The shadow-leaders are the most important ones, I think, and can bring forth success even while working under a weak leader.

Well, they have an unfair-advantage, being that they are the only ones who know what evil lurks in the heart of men. The shadow-leaders just know.

21. demos says:

beeduwine :

As applied to LGF, it certainly had a perverse effect: the shadow-leaders that have emerged (Killgore, Perrin, Ice & Jimmah) have only succeeded in wrecking the blog under the CJ’s (strong/weak?) dysfunctional leadership. Interesting reversal, that.

• wolfie says:

Yeah, but KT, RP, Ice, Jimmah, LVQ, etc. didn’t assume their position through an organic process the way “shadow-leaders” do. They were deliberately appointed by the Blogmeister and thus would be more accurately described as lieutenants.

Which brings to mind the old adage about 1st-class leaders appointing 1st-class lieutenants while 2nd-class leaders appoint 3rd-class ones. To be sure, the adage doesn’t tell us exactly what sort of goons a 5th-class leader like Charles would appoint, but ….

• Whatever says:

I wouldn’t say they were appointed, but they were certainly chosen after the fact, for some odd reason. The fact that he bought Ludwig’s story only proves that he doesn’t know squat about science.

22. garycooper says:

Aside: I hope there’s more Lewd-ness today. I have a mostly-free afternoon, and I’m thinking of a new song for physicks-boy. 😉

23. Charles wants a new gig says:

Marjorie, you ignorant slut:

“LGF is the only bastion of true politically diverse discussion on the internet as far as I’m concerned (as well as a pretty groovy community). I wouldn’t post anywhere else.”

• beeduwine says:

Slut-shaming aside, it is really strange how she could draw a conclusion like that. Talk about mental pole-dancing.

• Charles wants a new gig says:

I know. “Our little book group is the center of freewheeling intellectual debate in the UNIVERSE!”

Derp.

• beeduwine says:

“LGF is the bestest blog since, like, ever! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 :)”

• Charles wants a new gig says:

BTW, the slut line is a ref to an old SNL skit. I’m sure Marj is a very nice blogroupie. 😉

• GrandJunctionite says:

She will need major de programming when the cult collapses. Hey Marjorie, What is so diverse about
      a) Post random smear of (female) conservative
      b) Rant about how awful said conservative is
      c) swoon over the obamamessiah and Charles
      d) Rinse repeat.
      Get a clue Marj and get out from behind the keyboard once in a while.

Of course you wouldn’t post anywhere else, Marjorie darling. At any other blog, left or right, your lack of reasoning and ignorance would be exposed to its full extent and you’d either be ridiculed or completely ignored.

Enjoying your cult, m’dear? If you really believe your blog is the pinacle of political discourse, you suffer from greater delusion than a certain recently departed “friend” (that you all have kicked to the curb like a dog and then have the temerity to bitch about how others are supposedly treating him).

• GrandJunctionite says:

Ah yes, that bastion of truely diverse political discussion;

lalalalalala Sarah Palin lallalalalalala Shrieking Harpy lalalalalalala Michelle Bachmans eyeslalalalalalal We’re so sorry you have to go through this Charles lalalalalala
      Fuck you sideways bitch!

24. Someone please tell me if you spot a UFO, OK?

• GrandJunctionite says:

The views are increasing by 9 each click. It is clear for anyone to see the video is not faked. Charles Johnson just has a problem telling the truth.

BTW Chen great job lately. Any time off for the BRC is well deserved. You have to pace yourself for these long wars. Throw in a some shock and awe at times of your own choosing.

• garycooper says:

Hear, hear! 🙂

DoD was funny as hell when all we were doing was laughing at his stupid 180 on every issue, and psychic-meltdown over his rejection by Pam, followed by the banning of every decent poster.

This boiler room stuff is too precious for words, though. The level of technical expertise is beyond me, but the discovery of his deceitful ways in regards to lying about his history, site-traffic, and anything else having to do with his blog, is reminiscent of the way Nixon’s presidency melted down under the relentless pressure of the Watergate investigation, which also included an insider ratting Tricky Dick out. There are lots of “Deep Throats” in this story, former lizards who have tons of memories of the true history.

It’s the cover-up that kills the perp, in these things. Chunky’s feeble attempts to cover up his lurid, Islamophobic (NTTAWWT) years, and now his jiggering of the page-views, are all being tweeted across the blogosphere and chortled over by the dwindling number of pundits and practitioners who still pay any attention to LFG.

It’s a beautiful thing, and a hilarious thing.

• yep, it jumps by 9 if you wait for the page to finish loading. if you don’t wait for the page to finish loading, then it jumps by only 1. very interesting. i think that would mean that he’s counting 8 other things loading on each post as page views – not waiting for the page to completely display means those 8 other mysterious things aren’t getting loaded, of course. damn, what a pathetic blog whore CFnJ is.

• Whatever says:

For the record, what browser are you using?

• phoenixgirl says:

chen…….a billion updings!!!!!!!!

hi marjorie….

• Davehm says:

So 50+6=104 in LGF land.
      Makes sense when you’re a leftist.

(lurk mode on)

25. Roger says:

view count jumping? The beauty of AJAX! …. and bad programming

26. LittleGreenLame says:

Bureaucat :
    I can’t believe he’s responding and trying to cover his rear.

No kidding. Just responding means he’s nervous. I do believe Dod has completely messed with his head.

Coldwarrior as Alcibiates :

well, i’d grade slightly higher…

I would too, but we’re doing it on a curve this week.

28. Re: “faking” accusation

Can anyone confirm that comments are [private] for this thread? (just want to make sure that it isn’t just me)

And if so, do you suppose CJ switched it to [private] after he asked the lizards to try it for themselves?

• Charles wants a new gig says:

Dunno, but normally he announces private threads as such.

Of course, “normal” for CJ would be “freakin’ psycho” in a normal man.

• GrandJunctionite says:

I can confirm comments are private for that thread. I think it started as a private thread but I am not 100% certain. I spotted it when it had under 100 comments last night and it was private then.
      Two netizens had sockpuppets in there last night monitoring the thread in real time. A few comments were posted at Blogmocracy. Those folks may be able to tell you more.

• nil says:

Yes, he made the 37975_Video-_LBJ_Buys_Pants thread private at some point after the thread started. Curious.

• Mandingo Warrior says:

I could not access CJ’s LBJ calls Haggar” thread.

29. Charles wants a new gig says:

I just had a thought that might explain LGF in a new way. What if Charles is really just a performance artist?

Of course, the thing that characterizes performance art is a palpable lack of either art or performance, but that adequately describes LGF, no?

• Beeduwine says:

Gordon posted something along those lines a couple of days ago. It was brilliant, but I can’t remember which thread. Anybody?

30. Carolina Girl as Arachne says:

Oh hell. “Jazzman” just punked in on shuffle for the iPod.

31. GrandJunctionite says:

I hate to rain on your parade, but more than half of them are mocking you Chuck. You seem very proud of it though.

71 Charles Thu, Jan 27, 2011 9:28:44am 2
    down
    up
    Just got my 1600th Twitter follower! Number of followers has increased by almost 200 in the past couple of weeks.

32. Stillactive says:

I see where the Hart of Gold landed again. I can’t find the roster where we can sign up to sit it the room with the one who claims to be RP. As much as I hate to do it…I just think that you should know that I have been kicked out of Biker Bars for being too rowdy and recently was tarred and fathered by the good folks of a local Amish community (I guess I just get on some folks nerves). Just let me know when it’s my turn, I’ll be nice as I can. Just say’n.

33. GrandJunctionite says:

He is begging to be banned from DOD now so that CfnJ will take him back.

Pretty sad really.

34. nil says:

So, to sum up, everyone who’s looking is seeing “LGF Views” increment anywhere from 2x to 9x the correct value.
    Splitting the difference, calling it 5x, the quick and dirty way to get actual views from “LGF Views” is to drop the last digit and double.
    E.g. 21,046 “LGF Views” would be roughly 2104×2 = ~4200 actual views. That reality factor adjustment is ballpark what Zip yesterday reported his sources showed, IIRC.
    Remember that loozards – “drop the last digit and double”.

35. I did update the fact check thread:

Also, in the day since we’ve posted this, we’ve naturally had a lot of folks try to duplicate what happened there in the video (Patterico said he couldn’t). With the other feedback that we’re getting, it appears that the refresh issue I’m demonstrating is specific to IE users, and that you must allow the page to load completely for it to jump by 9 like that.

So, I whipped up another quick video, this time just refreshing the page with comments, and making sure to wait for the page to load completely. I’m using IE8 on my VAIO, and was able to get it to jump by 9 with each refresh:

(video)

36. snowcrash says:

ISTE, great pix. Chen and others, nice fact finding and video demo.

37. Bureaucat says:

beeduwine :“LGF is the bestest blog since, like, ever! ”

Don’t knock it. Where else can you get a purple cape and tennis shoes with your membership.

38. garycooper says:

JIGGERY-POKERY
    : underhanded manipulation or dealings : trickery

Origin of JIGGERY-POKERY
    : probably alteration of Scots joukery-pawkery, from jouk to dodge, cheat + pawk trick, wile
    First Known Use: circa 1892

Charles “Fatass” Johnson was found guilty of jiggery-pokery, in “Boiler Room Dudes v. Johnson,” January 27, 2011

39. a-naughty-mouse says:

I can duplicate this with my IE 8.

BUT Comments must be on and visible.

40. Charles wants a new gig says:

Damn, the Reggie thread is pushing 700. I can’t even look anymore.

41. nil says:

My experience is that refreshing a page is the least reliable way to get anomalous Views count increments. So don’t fall for the excuse that this is only an IE8/refresh-specific problem – it’s not.

Here’s a list of hyperlinks to all 2009 LGF threads.

1) Pick a thread at random from list of threads above.
    2) Right click on it and select copy link address.
    3) Paste that link into your browser’s address bar and click go.
    4) Note the Views count once the page loads.
    5) Open a second tab in your browser, paste in same link address, click go.
    6) Note the new Views count.

Increments of 2,3, or 4 are common with Firefox, Opera, Chrome.

• nil says:

well, that’s hosed – ie a non-terminated hyperlink, maybe admins can fix it…

• GrandJunctionite says:

I followed your instructions on Thread # 34460 overnight open.

It only jumped 2 views per new window cut/paste.

Older threads jump 9 views when I just refresh as in Chens video.

There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme nor reason to it.

I’m convinced that he is deliberatly inflating his page views.

I am running IE 9 Beta.

• a-naughty-mouse says:

did you have comments visible?

• nil says:

Whether it’s ‘on purpose’, or ‘accidentally on purpose’, or simply ‘incredibly inept coding’, the net result is the same – hugely inflated Views counts.

• Whatever says:

Whether it’s intentional or not, it’s been pointed out to him, and he’s denying that it exists. Furthermore, he’s crowing about his bogus numbers. There is some responsibility, whether this is intentional or not, to address this once it’s been pointed to him. And he certainly can’t deny that it’s been pointed out.

Denier.

42. nil says:

Here’s a list of hyperlinks to all 2009 LGF threads.

1) Pick a thread at random from list of threads above.
    2) Right click on it and select copy link address.
    3) Paste that link into your browser’s address bar and click go.
    4) Note the Views count once the page loads.
    5) Open a second tab in your browser, paste in same link address, click go.
    6) Note the new Views count.

Increments of 2,3, or 4 are common with Firefox, Opera, Chrome.

Maybe we could pick a thread and see how fast we can get the comments count to over a million views…

43. GrandJunctionite says:

a-naughty-mouse :
    did you have comments visible?

Not on the cut and paste jobs. yes on the page refresh jobs.

• a-naughty-mouse says:

GrandJunctionite :

a-naughty-mouse :
      did you have comments visible?

Not on the cut and paste jobs. yes on the page refresh jobs.

Do you get the same results (only 2) for both methods?

• GrandJunctionite says:

So I just went back to the same thread. Overnight open # 34460
        With Comments Open

It adds 2 views per refresh (which is painfully slow I might add)

It adds 2 views when I cut & paste the url into a new window.

Suddenly, as of 5 mins ago with the comments closed;

It adds 1 view per refresh and 1 view when I cut & paste into a new window.

Strange that it was counting 9 views before.

• hey, well, ya know. If CJ’s reading this thread, we’re giving him hints on how to fix it.

So instead of making accusations that we a “faked” a video, maybe he should just own up and thank us.

• Beeduwine says:

Chen, did you get the flowers I sent you?

• Flowers?

Gosh I hope ur a girl. 😳

44. Bureaucat says:

At this point I suggest unplugging the manic stalking troll for his own good. The extra attention is just feeding his illness IMO.

45. GrandJunctionite says:

ChenZhen, as The Minotaur :hey, well, ya know. If CJ’s reading this thread, we’re giving him hints on how to fix it.
    So instead of making accusations that a “faked” a video, maybe he should just own up and thank us.

That thought did cross my mind. Odd how it went from adding 9 views to adding 1 view in less than an hour.

46. nil says:

ChenZhen, as The Minotaur :

My guess is he never publicly owns up to it, privately blames it on jQuery, quietly fixes it, and finds some other, less-obvious way to inflate his Views counts.

47. a-naughty-mouse says:

Yep, looks like it is fixed.

Bug hunters step down.

48. Speranza says:

Does this mean that Charles Johnson sleeps with the fishes?

49. GrandJunctionite says:

So as a further experiment I went to the current front page at the swamp. There are 12 threads posted on the front page. I went to the 12th thread (37969)opened the comments and refreshed. Blammo, 8 new page views on that thread but no new comments. I clicked the “new comments” button. Blammo, 8 new page views on that thread.

So it’s still jumping multiple views on current dead threads on the front page.

50. nil says:

Well, like Zip posted yesterday, BlogAds has LGF at around 120,000 ad impressions per week. To see this note what’s checked in the DURATION box (‘one week’) and note the “Est. Impressions” (currently ‘119,788’) in the TOTALS box. (An ‘ad impression’ is the same as a page view.)

Now, for yesterday Johnson shows 124,492 ‘page views’. That’s more than Blog Ads predicts for an entire week at LGF. Whom do you believe?

• Coldwarrior as Alcibiates says:

well, hell. we should get some ‘wishful page view coding’ over at blogmocracy and get some ad revenue.

not!

51. nil says:

You know, if Johnson does something as simplistic and duplicitous as bumping the ‘Views’ count for every article on the front page of LGF, and then at the end of the day totaling the ‘Views’ counts for all the articles posted that day at LGF, and then calling that number the ‘page views’ for LGF for that day, he’d get close to the requisite 8x amplification of his ‘page views’ to explain the approximate 8x difference between his stat’s and Blog Ads for LGF.

So all this other, browser-based, ineptly-coded ‘Views’ enhancement is just so much gravy on top of that big cheat. I.e. every time anyone hits the LGF front page his ‘page view’ count gets bumped by one times the number of articles on the front page!?! Funny if true.

• GrandJunctionite says:

If there is no financial gain, it could only go to feed someones ego.

I won’t delve into consiparcy theories as to why someone would such a thing beyond that.

• nil says:

Well it could work as a bit of a bait and switch – Johnson’s hugely larger (~8x) ‘page views’ stat’s get buyers into the tent, and then if they don’t notice or don’t care that Blog Ads’ stat’s are significantly different … ka-ching!

52. The Osprey says:

garycooper The level of technical expertise is beyond me, but the discovery of his deceitful ways in regards to lying about his history, site-traffic, and anything else having to do with his blog, is reminiscent of the way Nixon’s presidency melted down under the relentless pressure of the Watergate investigation, which also included an insider ratting Tricky Dick out. There are lots of “Deep Throats” in this story, former lizards who have tons of memories of the true history.

Charles Milhous Jonxon

53. a-naughty-mouse says:

Guess who is working on the page views problem:

109 Charles
    Thu, Jan 27, 2011 1:54:27pm

• garycooper says:

Yeah, starting up a new PC is a nightmare compared to a Mac, which I only know because my college-kid daughter bought herself a Macbook with her graduation money, against my advice. I remember taking it out of the box last year, and turning it on…there was no software to load, it connected with the wireless network in about a minute with maybe one prompt, and that was it. Done. LOL!

I’m still a PC-guy, though. There’s something elitist and super-annoying about Apple-freaks, I can’t get past. Except my daughter, she’s cool. Chunky, on the other hand…EWWWWWWW!!

54. Rubber Soul says:

a-naughty-mouse :Guess who is working on the page views problem:
    109 CharlesThu, Jan 27, 2011 1:54:27pmI swear – I don’t know how people stand working on a Windows PC. Every time I start up Win 7 there are more updates to install, and most of the time they require a restart, sometimes more than one restart. It’s annoying as all heck.

good thing he doesn’t read us or care what is said here about him

• garycooper says:

good thing he doesn’t read us or care what is said here about him

“Somebody sent me this, and I had to laugh at the stalkers again. Then, I wailed and gnashed my teeth for an hour. Who’s at the door, Mom? Reggie-who?” 😯

55. As the guy who made that head-on-a-pike comment on the first place… all I can say is… Heh.