2010 DoD Awards Ceremony

The votes have been tallied, and it is time to present our winners with their awards!

Dark_Falcon, “Most obnoxious sycophant

Cato the Elder, “Best Flounce

Charles Johnson, “Greatest display of Idiotarianismishness

See:

2010 DoD Awards Voting: The Irish Rose

2010 DoD Awards Voting: The Buzzsaw

2010 DoD Awards Voting: Greatest Display of LGF Idiotarianismishness, the Runoff!

Update: We do have one honorary award to hand out to CJ and LGF, from The Boiler Room crew:

We can’t imagine life without it.

116 Comments on “2010 DoD Awards Ceremony”

1. Barrett Brown says:

Cato did do pretty well there.

Anyone who has connections to Tunisians or other North Arabs or is willing to look for additional forums or venues that flow to Tunisians, please distribute this second guide.

2. snowcrash says:

The award illustrations are beautiful! Are they from our usual in-house talent, Bunk?

3. Whatever says:

Love the position of the capo.

4. johnny molecule says:

You know what’s funny? They once said to disregard this site because there were ‘5 or so comments per thread’. Ha ha ha!

5. Beeduwine says:

Can you see that big elephant that is not in the room? Yes, that is Ludwig.

• snowcrash says:

He’s baaaack. There will plenty of opportunity for next years nominations once Lud’s meds wear off. But nothing will ever touch the greatness of the Fox Sluts.

• Beeduwine says:

I feel cheated. And used. This was supposed to be LvQ’s time in the sun, his brilliance glaring, and then people hand it to Charles, mr bland mediocrity. Freaking banana republic, this blog is.

• Whatever says:

Although the Yeshiva thing comes close.

• snowcrash says:

Ludwig don’t need no stinkin award to go down in infamy.

• Beeduwine says:

Heh. I guess you are right. But it would be nice to give him a little something-something as a token of our love and appreciation for all the work he puts in. That slut shaming essay did not write itself, you know.

• Whatever says:

Maybe Ludwig needs a different kind of award. What did that sheriff call it? Oh yeah, “vitriol”. Maybe we need a category for extreme rhetoric. Lud would take that one in his sleep.

• snowcrash says:

Little something-something? Maybe YOU had better take care of that.

• Beeduwine says:

The only thing that would make me feel somewhat safe is if we call the award and the category for “Ludwig”, but then again this failed state of a blog might still just go ahead and hand it to some other second rate Lizard.

• Whatever says:

Something something? Sounds exactly like Lud:

• Whatever says:

Yeah. If there were a “Ludwig” award, I’d vote for asswhistle.

• Whatever says:

Just to piss Ludwig off.

• Beeduwine says:

Heh. Nice. Shame that slut!

• ISpeakJive says:

Maybe we could have a monthly award of some sort. Honor the latest and greatest idiocy over there. They work so hard being dumbasses, someone should recognize their efforts!

6. Whatever says:

If Briareus starts feeling a little more ambitious, that bottom picture in the form of an animated gif rocking and hopping would be kinda cool.

7. Beeduwine says:

snowcrash :
    Little something-something? Maybe YOU had better take care of that.

Ok. But what do you give to a man that has everything?

8. Doppelganger says:

Congratulations to all the winners….I mean losers…..I mean winners.

LGF : Where even the winners are losers !

9. snowcrash says:

Wonder if metatron will show up?

10. buzzsawmonkey says:

I never pay attention to the awards, but I think everyone’s gowns are simply fabulous.

11. Stillactive says:

When I first saw the Irish Rose award I thought Chunk had mistaken a Cheeto for a camera and took my picture, but then I saw that the hands aren’t mine.

• Internet Septic Tank Engineer says:

I don’t know if you realize but the Irish Rose Award graphic is the inside looking out version of your outside looking in gravatar.

Gross… 🙂

• snowcrash says:

I noticed that but wasn’t going to say anything. ROFL

• Whatever says:

Oh, Lemmiwinks…

• Stillactive says:

Thats what I mean. Since my hands are on the outside I knew it wasn’t me! Besides. I’m a little more butch. Some times I have too look deep for something new over there. Content is so thin you can….well, read through it doesn’t work….but you get my meaning.

• GrandJunctionite says:

It takes a lot to gross out a septic tank engineer. Especially considering the tank that you frequent.

12. hmmm…we might need to put up an honorary award, from The Boiler Room Crew.

• Stillactive says:

Let the creative genitals (I meant to say geniuses but that’s as close as I could get with spell checker) in the Swamp come up with one. Hey AssWhistle. How ’bout some pro-bono for the team from JimmaIceLLC?

• snowcrash says:

ISTE’s gravatar would be perfect, but it is in use.

13. demos says:

ChenZhen, as The Minotaur :
    hmmm…we might need to put up an honorary award, from The Boiler Room Crew.

The HazMat?

14. Bagua says:

Bagua’s Concession speech

Well my friends, the polling is over, and just like McCain, I fell a few votes short of victory. Humph!

It was a tough race, and hotly contested, but now I must face the reality that the voting Lizard diaspora chose my erstwhile opponent, Cato the Elder, as the best flounce of 2010 for The Buzzsaw award. *sniffle*

But ever the humble one, I want to point out that I did in fact come in second, so I reckon I still get the Silver Buzzsaw! Heh. Fancy that.

I want to thank everyone who participated and voted, (for me), and to all those who voted for Cato expressing your democrat rights, up yours. Er, I mean, thank you for participating.

Most of all, I want to thank CJ for making all of this possible. Without your tireless, some say obsessive and paranoid, diligence, none of this fun would have been possible, and LGF threads would still be passing a thousand. I’d also like to thank the NEWNOUN Iceweasel and the AGWpsychotic without your vile ass-hatery, we’d have had so much less to mock and scorn in 2010. It was hilarious to watch you two freaks turn on each other in the end, as I had predicted many months prior. Can we please have a rematch?

In truth, Cato’s subtlety, brevity, insight and sardonic wit was a tough act to follow. He was one of the few left on the formerly great LGF worth reading. (Also a better grammarian than I.)

So I offer Cato my humble concession and hearty congratulations for the recognition he well deserves in winning this illustrious award!

15. snowcrash says:

Love the update. Congrats boiler room crew.

• Internet Septic Tank Engineer says:

Not Congrats to us down here but,

Congratulations to Charles Johnson and Stinky Beaumont and of course The Un-Mata Hairy who provides support and fruit and water to LGF.

Whatever you may say about Charles Johnson and his shortcomings one thing he does do well, in fact exceedingly well, is develop advanced search engine features.

Without the unique and outstanding search capability he built for his site we could not do our job.

With nearly 38,000 Articles, nearly 9 million, yes MILLION comments and over 230,000 “links”, which are now called pages, we faced a monumental task.

That amount of data and factual information is overwhelming. Even Google and The Wayback Machine had to be disconnected because the load was too great.

The only tool at our disposal was the Mighty Search Engine that is Little Green Footballs. Charles alone created it.

Charles, we salute you, what a tool!

• nesoi says:

Ditto Snow.
      The boiler room crew deserves credit too.

16. Doppelganger says:

snowcrash :Wonder if metatron will show up?

to collect his award?

17. Mosh Pit Viper says:

Has Lood been back at all since his ridiculous “honey I’m home” post?

18. Stillactive says:

We could tweet Dork and let him know.
    Chunk probably saw, I mean “heard tell” as soon as they went up.
    metatron? Lets just hope he’s not getting himself involved in another privet family matter.

19. OT- CJ is now live-tweeting the Palin/Hannity interview:

• Internet Septic Tank Engineer says:

I thought we were having the night off?

The idea was you announced the awards on a Monday night because it is normally quiet in the boiler room. There is nothing much to do and all our shit from the weekend is squared away.

Then Johnson starts live tweeting?

I need a bigger bucket….

• Doppelganger says:

and that the map had nothing to do with her shooting.

Chuck, you delusional hack!

20. GrandJunctionite says:

Palin bashing commences at the swamp as SP is on Hannity. And at #39 Palion is Hitler.

39 Big Steve Mon, Jan 17, 2011 5:52:27pm 1
    down
    up

re: #23 Kragar (Proud to be Kafir)
    Caption this…
    Image: sarah_palin_rally.jpg
    In der Zeit meines Kampfes um die Macht war es in erster Linie das jüdische Volk, daß nur mit Gelächter meine Prophezeiungen hinnahm, ich würde einmal in Deutschland die Führung des Staates und damit der ganzen Nation übernehmen, und dann, unter vielen andern, auch das jüdische Problem zur Lösung bringen.
    …all I could think of when seeing that picture was Hitler rousing a crowd…

21. GrandJunctionite says:

ChenZhen, as The Minotaur :
    You’re right. Let’s celebrate!
    /CJ stopped anyway

He hasn’t gotten the meat he is looking for yet. You just know he is waiting for her to say something to do with the applause sign.

22. GrandJunctionite says:

I think Chucks tweets also post as comments at the swam or his comments go out as tweets. They seem to be identical.

23. Doppelganger says:

Chuck watches Hannity.
    Chuck watches Palin
    Chuck watches Beck
    Chuck listens to Rush.

They don’t know who he is.

24. Daedalus says:

Congrats to Dark Falcon, Cato and Chuck for their wins.

• Briareus says:

They earned them, all by themselves. Now if we had ten awards, we could award each and every lizard left.

25. Bagua says:

Internet Septic Tank Engineer :

Hey Bagua, be happy with second place.

I’m a sore loozard!

26. Bagua says:

snowcrash :

He seems Gelded now. Some people never recover their spirit after an intensive indoctrination. We will wait and see.

Has Ludwig apologised to the Iceweasel yet for saying: “Fuck you sideways, Bitch”?

If he were a conservative, Jimmah would demand this, come out fighting, apparently it is not such a problem with him after all.

27. demos says:

Bagua :

snowcrash :

I’ve heard he likes to watch.

28. Music man says:

The Chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one.

Awesome, and then some….

29. Music man says:

Warning, gay.

But good!

30. Music man says:

wrong, all wrong but good… and gay and not gay and religious and blasphemous and cool.

31. Music man says:

You have to agree this is one awesome pussy on the video!

Also them boys (and I use that term loosely) can sing.

Yep.

32. Music man says:

Being the DJ on the overnight at DoD is a tough job. As you know we play requests.

The last four requests were from people at little Green Footballs, Daily Kos and two from Andrew Sullivan.

The next video was requested by the Boiler Room Crew.

I think they like this because of the tropical setting and palm trees and well, the legs if we are going to be honest about it.

Bond and Explosive!

33. The Osprey says:

That geetar pickin’ lizard in the orange overalls is classic. The only thing that could make it better if it were animated to do a sort of “funky chicken” head bob like we have seen Chuck do in his geetar playin’ vids.

There needs to be another one done too, in a Hawaiian shirt.

34. Music man says:

This is Violin night so, another violin thingy by eScala.

the common theme is string instruments, not legs.

35. Speranza says:

Dark_Falcon is a worthy inner although Sharmuta had she not gone on her “spiritual journey” would’ve won it hands down.

36. The Osprey says:

Briareus :
    You mean the Chuckneck Guitar?
    Or are you referring to the classic guitar sologasm?

You need to do a Hawaiian shirted one who is doing the “chuckneck” and make the orange overalled one
    do the “sologasm”. LOL.

The way it’s sticking out it’s tongue almost makes me think it is ululating like a Jihadi at a car swarm in Gaza!