Pop-Ups Again? Seriously?

Oh fer gosh sake, do I need to revisit this?

Apparently I do, ’cause the little bastard actually made it through this time on my home PC upon my last visit to the swamp, which tells me that the once-condemned sneaky pop-up has perhaps been enhanced to sneaky pop-up version 2.0.  And as long as it made an appearance, I figured that I should capture this bug for my screencap collection (call me a cyber-entomologist):

Have things gotten that dire, CJ?

69 Comments on “Pop-Ups Again? Seriously?”

1. ZIP says:

Those are pop-unders. He must be hurting for cash, they pay extemely high rates. Can be as high as $5.00 CPM (cost per 1000 impressions). Only people who either don’t care about their readers or who’re in dire need of $ use them.

• Speranza says:

“Only people who either don’t care about their readers or who’re in dire need of $ use them.”

You nailed it – it is both.

2. Basement Cat says:

Nothing like hosting ads for student-loan scammers on LGF. Really classy…

• Whatever says:

True. They found their market. They’re dumb enough to fall for those scams.

• Speranza says:

The 20 year old LGF Sociology majors are not the brightest people on the blogosphere.

• poteen says:

It’s where they get their online physics degrees and meet their very own Aisha on the dating site./ 🙂

Since they’re asking a question, let me be the first to answer “YES, I sure as shit WOULD be surprised if Clueless McDumdum qualified for a grant.

3. Whatever says:

4. Mandingo Warrior says:

He’s hittin’ us up because we search the site. Dude, I’ve been saying to just quote and ignore. I think the DoD is the most traffic his site has and he’s poppin’.

5. GrandJunctionite says:

Running IE 9 Beta I set the pop up blocker to high. It blocks the sneaky LGF pop under.

6. Doppelganger says:

you know for just 10 dollars a monty, you can read all the cut and pasted backwash you want over at Chuck’s blog, free of pop ups!

hit the tip jar!

7. Doppelganger says:

Whatever :Sneaky pop-up? For a minute I thought you were talking about Ludwig watching Fox news.

ha ha

8. Speranza says:

Doppelganger :
    you know for just 10 dollars a month, you can read all the cut and pasted backwash you want over at Chuck’s blog, free of pop ups!
    hit the tip jar!

“I don’t have the scratch and the contents a bit thin”
    Cato the Elder

9. Doppelganger says:

GET OFF MY WEBSITE
    but first, before you go
    HIT THE TIP JAR

————-

Hey dipshit, you banned all the people with jobs!
    Good luck raising money from the few hagfish remaining attached to your ample hind quarters

10. Tex Taylor says:

GET OFF MY WEBSITE
    but first, before you go
    HIT THE TIP JAR

😆 Classic!

If that site is Charles Johnson’s ticket to a meal, then he ought to be very thin by now. Obviously, somebody must be subsidizing chubby’s food cabinet.

I absolutely couldn’t believe going over there day before last and reading CJ’s posts and the corresponding threads. It was so bad and so dramatically changed from what I remembered since I was party, I thought I had gone to a spoof site.

The man is clearly deluded and without much hope.

11. Bureaucat says:

I used to have sneaky pop-ups all the time. Now I have to take a pill just to get a pop-up on date night. Youth is wasted on the young.

12. Bureaucat says:

Whatever :Just put the computer in the loo…

…with the side benefit of never running out of printer paper (as long as your columns aren’t more than 4 inches wide).

13. Doppelganger says:

In the event that a pop up lasts longer than 4 hours, please call IT immediately

14. Metatron says:

Churlz is petrified with the fear that he might have to drink the Geritol and go back to work in his second childhood.

15. Nodrog says:

Wow, 2001. That’s like going back and looking at Rome during the time of Romulus’ rule, from the perspective of the eternal city after the Goths sacked it in 410 A.D.

• Speranza says:

Hey Gordon how are you? You are welcome to post of blogmocracy. I loved your LGF Banned and Blocked blog.

16. Metatron says:

Today on LGF!

Wikileaks: Bad for America! Cut and paste linky stuff with several sentences actually written by Charles! Plus 273 inane comments!

Heritage Foundation Hates teh Ghey! Cut and paste linky stuff with several sentences actually written by Charles! Plus 223 inane comments!

Link to Colbert segment! With a whole sentence actually written by Charles! Plus 54 inane comments!

Breaking News! New Incendiary Package in DC! Cut and paste linky stuff with a whole sentence actually written by Charles! Plus 158 inane comments violating the 24-hour rule!

Giuliani Might Run Again! Cut and paste linky stuff with THREE SHORT PARAGRAPHS actually written by Charles! Plus 52 inane comments (and counting)!

The NYT is free, but this is worth subscribing to! Cato didn’t know a bargain when he saw it.

I mean…where would we be without Johnson’s clever commentary to tell us how we are supposed to interpret these various articles… and if we are to be for or against them.

Why we might just be forced to make up our minds for ourselves. And that, of course, would put an end to the Free World as we know it…..

• Whatever says:

If you want to know who died, you have to come here (and Kirls, and LGF banned and blocked).

17. gulf says:

(call me a cyber-entomologist):

LMAO!

18. ISpeakJive says:

The twitter war with Breitbart is fun. AB keeps calling Chuck a shut-in (what does Andrew know?) and Chuck is fixated on AB needing a psychiatrist and meds. Since Chuck is the world’s biggest projector, I think he must be on therapy himself.

“Get off your shut-in HSN-purchased Debra Winger-signed Gilley’s mechanical high horse.”

Do you think he really has one? Tee Hee.

• Basement Cat says:

If he is on meds/therapy, it isn’t working.

Maybe his problem is that he picked a bad therapist who is more into lefty indoctrination than into healing diseased minds.

Too bad Chuckles is too much of a mess for anybody to deprogram at this stage.

19. Mandingo Warrior says:

Are we witnessing Chazz circling the drain?
    ——–
    “I won’t subscribe to the Baltimore Sun, either, and at least they tell me who’s dead.”
-Cato the Elder

• Basement Cat says:

Yup.

Our goal is to bring him to the point of shutting down that site.

Like other small-time cults, LGF has wreaked further damage on some weak and deluded people over the last few years, and it’s time to drain the fever swamp. Sunlight is a wonderful disinfectant, and that is exactly what DoD provides.

Basement Cat :

Chuck’s world isn’t free – it costs ten smackers a month, plus your soul…

I was about to say “but wouldn’t that make Chunky ‘basement kitteh'” and then I went…whooops….

21. Doppelganger says:

Don’t ever quit Chuck!
    Even when you can’t pay blog hosting company’s fees and they shut you down and you can’t pay your electric bills and they shut off your power, and you are forced to walk to the local public library to cut and paste your stories about bad crazyness to littlegreenfootballs.blogspot.com don’t ever quit.

we need the laughs!

• Basement Cat says:

Nope, some other loser already is occupying that site, and evidently not using it:

• Whatever says:

Chuck copyrighted that. He should send them a sternly worded letter. Maybe he can settle for a case of Cheetos.

• Basement Cat says:

He’d have to send the letter to Google, because the site doesn’t show who claimed that blog on Google.

Google might be willing to remove that subdomain from public view if they get a “cease and desist” notice.

Whether they’d be willing to turn that subdomain over to Chuckles for his own use, free of charge, is another matter entirely.

I can easily envision a lot of readers, self included, flagging his blog on Blogspot to shut it down.

• Col. Klink Johnson says:

I think we are about 2 years away from seeing a blogspot or wordpress site replacing his master piece(of crap).

Cuckles the loozer thinks he “matters”. He believes that in 2012 he will make some kind of difference in the Prez election. There is no F ing way he will give up his ragtag held together with ducktape POS until that election is over with. To make it that far, he will beg and whine like an overtired 7 year old little girl, borrow, steal, , perform $20 tricks, etc. to keep it going.

Before the fall in 2013, it should be incredibly entertaining to see what insane and bizarre accusations he makes against, Palin, Tea Party members, Glenn Beck, etc. Will he accuse them of being linked to a UFO secret government conspiracy? Before the very end, I think he will.

22. The Osprey says:

Bureaucat :

If your popup lasts longer than 4 hours, consult a physician immediately.

23. a-naughty-mouse says:

Anyone one else notice iceweasel has been missing for just about as long as Ludwig?

That has to be strange…. it has almost been a month.

24. jordanduram says:

Doppelganger :

hit the tip jar!

Not only that, Mr. Johnson then has full access to his donors’ information, lest they offend him.

25. The Osprey says:

Kahanists and Fascistes Francaise, oh my!

Will Le Pen’s National Front join the rest of the European fascist parties in supporting Israel?
    Killgore Trout
    EUROPE • Jan 7, 2011 at 4:24 pm PST • Clicks: 8 • Views: 203
    Le Pen’s daughter is poised to take over his notoriously antisemitic neo-fascist party and she’s working on revamping her image by hiding her hatred towards Jews and focusing on Muslims. The question is will she join Vlaams Belang and the English Defense league in pretending to support Israel?
    Prasquier’s fears are even more profound: “The circle of her voters is liable to be joined by Jews who are disappointed by Sarkozy, who bear a grudge against him for intervening in the peace process and for the pressures he is applying to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu,” he says.

Actually, Le Pen has already managed to forge ties with the Kahanists in France, members of the Jewish Defense League, who consider the leaders of the community “traitors who deserve to die.”

Read the whole thing. There’s a lot of nuance.

The Kahanists from the Jewish Defense League have already aligned with the English Defense League so it’s not surprising to see them making friends with Le Pen’s National Front as well.

26. dwells38 says:

Watched that twitter war. At first Breitbart is flippant with CJ. CJ misinterprets it as drunken posting. Then Breitbart slams him in a series about the Sherrod affair and about him being a lib PC tool now while taunting him for being a turncoat, washed up 80’s ponytailed musician, shut-in. He taunts him repeatedly as a shut in because CJ ONLY has a web presence. Here’s where CJ HAS to respond and really hit him with whatever ammo he has. But all he does is make junior high insults “you seem upset, adjust your meds” or whatever. No refutations. No revelations. Bretibart starts slamming again showing he’s got points to make in each twitter msg. I don’t know why CJ got himself into this. He picked the wrong guy to attack esp on twitter. Next he claims AB smeared Sherrod when everyone knows that’s merely a liberal meme. What he initially rec’vd was not the entire video and when the rest came out he acknowledged it. Plus that left-wing crowd didn’t know she eventually helped the white farmer and APPLAUDED her initial racist instinct (to not help him). So AB slams him with that refutation! Who’s CJ going after next? Greg Gutfeld? Love to see that ass-whipping!