2010 DoD Awards: CJ’s Best “Farewell”

Original DoD Artwork: Bunk X

We all know there have been countless quiet “stealth” bannings throughout LGF history.  That alone speaks volumes, but it’s those in-your-face announcements of lizard deportation that are more revealing, and one of those things that makes LGF so unique in the blogosphere.

The engineers in The Boiler Room have discovered many dozens of these parting quips scattered throughout the archives.  They’re everywhere.  And, after the review, one gets the impression that CJ really enjoys the feeling of wielding the ban stick.  There’s just a little too much glee involved.  But I think the motive underneath the power trip is ultimately the desire to keep the members of the lizard cult in line.   And as we’ve seen, no level of contribution to the cause or sucking up can shield a lizard from it in the event they upset the sensibilities of the Grand Lizardoid.

(The folly in all this, of course, is if you keep casting out and demonizing those who are brave enough to tell you that you might be wrong, you’re more likely to keep being wrong.)

Anyway, here are our 10 top picks for 2010:

(Hat tip: antilgfwarrior.)

148 Comments on “2010 DoD Awards: CJ’s Best “Farewell””

1. snowcrash says:

710 to PeterNess is the nastiest. He must have really offended Johnson.

• Beeduwine says:

138 is the classiest. Almost, like, French, or something.

• Internet Septic Tank Engineer says:

Ms Snowy here is the comment that caused Charles to go nuts. (It was the only comment Peter Ness made that thread.)

705 Peter Ness
      Fri, May 7, 2010 5:45:41am -16

So, if the American flag cannot be worn at an American school on Cinco de Mayo day, how would the school’s V.P. handle someone of Native American ancestry who turned up on campus? Should they be banned too? Just for that day you understand, so they don’t create conflict and bad feelings…

There’s some real self-loathing of your country you’ve got going there Charles, and not everyone who criticizes you is a right-wing, fascist, hypocrite, creationist, gun-nut, GOP, Palin-worshipping, Christian fundamentalist loon.

Yep 710 gets my vote. Chuckie really lost it!

• This is a real stretch to even consider this negative. It is a well stated, respectful argument against a position Johnson had stated.

That stupid Karma nonsense, (which I admit I thought was a neat thing at first,) was bad enough at creating the group think Johnson sought, but to outright ban someone for thoughtcrime is beyond the pale of healthy.

• snowcrash says:

Thank you ISTE.

• wolfie says:

Wow.
        Just wow.

(Ditto on thanks to ISTE.)

2. Crashnburn01 says:

I truly believe any of the “Piss off” comments are someone of a British persuasion rather than an American. Icerat perhaps?

3. dwells38 says:

Went with sallieparker because there were 20 updings. She must have been the most closet-Nazi, Imam Rauf detracting, AGW-denying, creationist-advocating Glenn Beck lover of them all.

• wolfie says:

I rather like that one myself.
      “That will be enough out of you” is the sort of thing you say to a little child.
      It has that Daddy-Dearest ring to it!

4. snowcrash says:

I think I would say something like 175 if it were my blog. It feels real. LOL

5. Mandingo Warrior says:

710 is the classic three point buzzer beater. It’s such an epic one though, it deserves a little back story. If you closely compare it is the most angst riddled, profanity laden thing to ever arouse CJ to action.

Having dug through the archives for the back story, it seems CJ to exceptional offense to one of the lizards questioning him as an American “apologist.”

Might we call it Cj’s “I’m sick of carrying the water buckets!” moment?

——
    “Do it now!”
    -Cato the Elder

6. Beeduwine says:

Actually, the best flounce-farewell (flarewell?) is not on the list. My favorite is CJ’s reply to Megatron – I mean Cato – where CJ is on a roll about how he is such a patient and tolerant guy but has had enough. Or something to that effect. Not a snappy oneliner like the ones above, I know.

• Mandingo Warrior says:

I agree. That flounce was something out of an old gangster flick. You can almost see as the ending scene to Donnie Brasco, where Cato takes off all his valuable jewelry and prepares himself for CJ to pull the trigger on the banning.

—–
      “Do it now.”
      -Cato the Elder

7. snowcrash says:

Charles telling sallie parker, enough out of you seems sexist. He really should be more sensitive. iceweasel can help with that.

8. snowcrash says:

Chen is going to let us view results this time?

9. Beeduwine says:

710. Charlie is such a poopiemouth.

• Roger says:

Can’t you see little Chunky sitting in class looking at his returned paper with the D- on it and muttering under his breath, “Teacher, you’re a moron!”

10. i chose the “farewell” to Phillip Daniel because it’s so incredibly inaccruate. PD is the furthest thing from hateful or moron as you can possibly imagine!

11. GrandJunctionite says:

I ahd to go with 710. I loved the Peter ness comment that got him the stick.

12. Beeduwine says:

What was the one Iron Fist got? I remember it as something like “Are you serious? Ok dude.” and then followed some serious smack talk.

13. snowcrash says:

Is Peter Ness the same as the poster named Peter at the blogmoc? He has some kind of heraldic device for a gravatar.

14. GrandJunctionite says:

KKKilgoreTrout: All Pro Israel Blogs are full of Neo Nazis extremists and have become lazy except LGF. That bastion of Pro Israel fact Checking.

172 Killgore Trout Wed, Jan 5, 2011 2:09:16pm 0
    down
    up

While I’m on the topic of Israel I need to vent…
    Has Israel lost the battle to convince the world it did not kill Bil’in activist?
    Yes, and here’s why; The pro-Israeli blogs have gone to shit. They have become rabid right wing neo-nazi loving extremists pushing bogus anti-Obama conspiracies and overblown hateful rhetoric against Muslims with virtually no moderation or fact checking. I kept seeing the Bil’in story on various counter Jihad blogs and the all used some incoherent cartoon as evidence of something. Their posts on the situation made no sense and provided no reputable links or evidence. I couldn’t even figure out what the fuck they were talking about until someone posted it here in the pages and I bothered to google it myself to find a reputable link.
    It’s not that LGF is the only blog that can help Israel but the pro_Israel blogs have become sloppy and extreme. That’s why Israel lost the PR war on this latest incident. There aren’t enough honest and credible voices left to even put up a good fight. I suspect we’re going to see a lot more of this in the future.

• snowcrash says:

sloppy and extreme is a good description of LGF, pro Israel is a little more iffy.

• wolfie says:

” All Pro Israel Blogs are full of Neo Nazis extremists and have become lazy except LGF.”

That’s the turn signal. Substitute “counter-jihad” for “pro-Israel” and you have the 2007/8 meme. Substitute “conservative” for “pro-Israel” and you’ve got the 2009 meme.

No one could ever accuse of CJ and KT of being creative.
      (No, hallucinations under the influence of snail toxins is not what I mean by “creative.”)

15. wolfie says:

“F**k you! I thought you were dead!”

16. gulf says:

The “go fuck yourself while you’re at it” on 710 added a nice touch. It really brought out the demons in selrahC when confronted with reality.

17. Formercorpsman says:

I had to go with 710 as well.

18. Formercorpsman says:

wolfie :My all time favorite response to a flouncer — which doesn’t count because it wasn’t Chucky’s — was Sharmuta’s to Snork (Earth2Moonbat.)
    “F**k you! I thought you were dead!”

Hey man, do you remember when that girl was blog queen?…….

19. coldwarrior says:

20. snowcrash says:

Is this original artwork from our in house source? If so, very nice.

• Beeduwine says:

I like how the banned lizard is heading into the light and how the big fat lizard with the oversized child’s hat sits there all alone in his dark castle. Someone put some thought into this.

• Beeduwine says:

And he is always watching the door, judging by the position of that chair.

• Briareus says:

Looks like the floor is scattered with eggshells.

• Whatever says:

In to the light of Adieu. From what Chen said, the land of “bite me” is bigger, and the land of “piss off” even bigger. But only the specialest lizards ever get bannished to the land of “f*ck you”. When you go through that door, you’ve arrived.

21. Beeduwine says:

Beautiful drawing btw. Love the hat.

22. buzzsawmonkey says:

Get Off of My Blog

—with apologies to Mick Jagger and Keith Richards

I live in an undisclosed location near to the Pacific shore

And I sit at home looking out the window

‘Cause I don’t ride the bike no more

I while away the time lifting Glenn Beck vids from the Internet

Folks say he’s an entertainer and just see how lathered up I get

I say, Hey! You! Get off of my blog

Hey! You! Get off of my blog

Hey! You! Get off of my blog

I’ve axed your posts, you’re a bandwidth hog

Off my blog, baby

I condemned racism at first

Because it’s unacceptable to me

But now I see racists everywhere

Like someone who sees snakes in the DTs

There was a time way back when

That I saw the danger posed us by jihad

But now I am convinced that

My fellow citizens are just as bad

I say, Hey! You! Get off of my blog

Hey! You! Get off of my blog

Hey! You! Get off of my blog

I’ve axed your posts, you’re a bandwidth hog

Off my blog, baby

I told the folks I banned to go away

And start a site, if they chose, of their own

Well much to my surprise they did

And mocked me like I’ve never known

I really can’t complain, I told them to get out and they went

I guess that means I’ve got a skin

That’s thinner than that of the President

I say, Hey! You! Get off of my blog

Hey! You! Get off of my blog

Hey! You! Get off of my blog

I’ve axed your posts, you’re a bandwidth hog

Off my blog, baby

Hey! You! Get off of my blog

Hey! You! Get off of my blog

Hey! You! Get off of my blog

I’ve axed your posts, ’cause you’re a bandwidth hog

23. poteen says:

I voted for Philip Daniel. “Piss off! You hateful moron.” Is so loaded with irony I couldn’t help it.
    I as much as called him a hypocrite and this is all I got.

629 Charles Sat, Oct 17, 2009 3:59:16pm replyquote

* 2
    * down
    * up

re: #627 poteen

So long now! It’s been real.

• Whatever says:

Right. Aside from the fact that CJ is the hateful one of the two, and CJ is the moron of the two, it was fine.

24. Metatron says:

Charles must ban and ban and ban
    to keep the lizard realm on plan
    and hold thoughts to his will and purpose.
    Take that, you GOP Herpderpus!

25. The Osprey says:

I’m leaning toward 138 or 569. “I bid you adieu” is Chucky’s signature banning line…after all it appears in the cartoon, not “piss off” or “get off my website” which are prosaic in comparison.

26. vagabond trader says:

Basement Cat :
    I told everyone it would happen in exactly this way.

Yes you did,well done!Good kitty! 🙂

27. swamprat says:

I was torn between 710 and 569, but 710 gets it.

28. swamprat says:

C’mon and vote spacejesus. You know you want to.

29. Kirly (aka Fanatic Creationist) :

oh my. so, when do we see all those screen shots?? :-)

There are so many, I got tired of grabbing them. But between the use of “get off my website”, “I bid you adieu”, and “piss off” alone there are probably close to 200. I selected over 80 of them for the “get off my website!” page, and you can sit and enjoy the hilarious slide show.

Also, the image credit goes to Briarius, and there are a few more neat pieces of art that will be handed out when we present the awards.

• wow! that’s a lot! i went through the “get off my website” when it was brand new and far fewer.

• Whatever says:

BTW, “piss off” is unusual, but not unheard of in the US. It’s much, much more common in the UK. Not that there’s anything iceweasel with that.

• Bagua says:

As I recall… I first saw him use the phase sometime after I used it a few times. Prior to that, I hadn’t seen him use it.

Perhaps the Boiler Crew could confirm this startling observation?

• buzzsawmonkey says:

Not surprising. He took “flounce” from me, then perverted the meaning to refer to his going wacko on somebody with his li’l banstick rather than referring to someone taking their own leave after posting a Grand Declaration.

• Whatever says:

In fact, certain other idiosyncrasies are, well quirky. Such as “So long kid. You bother me.” The original W. C. Fields quote is “go away, kid; you bother me”.

And doesn’t “bothering” fall short of his criteria for banning?

Teh language iz teh quirky.

30. lmao says:

I love the art it is perfect.

31. Whatever says:

Charles
    Sat, May 8, 2010 10:37:26am replyquote 3downupreport
    I see that the two-faced backstabber Jammie Wearing Fool posted my comment telling a jerk to f-ck himself yesterday, but conveniently forgot to quote the comment it was responding to — in which the jerk told me I hated America.

This is what the right wing blogs are all about these days. They just shamelessly lie and distort reality, in a weird little echo chamber of hatred and delusion.

Well, it seems pretty evident that you do, dickface.

32. Also, whoever said that 2009 was an orgy of bannings was correct. Virtually all of the quips are from ’09, so it is kind of a shame that the vote was only including the 2010 examples. But oh well.

• vagabond trader says:

The simplicity of the slide show is perfect and very funny Chen. Thanks for the laughs. 😆

33. Speranza says:

That Johnson is a class act.

34. Speranza says:

ChenZhen, as The Minotaur :

August to October 2009 was the zenith of bannings.

35. Speranza says:

Formercorpsman :

“F**k you! I thought you were dead!”

Hey man, do you remember when that girl was blog queen?…….

She never was LGF blog Queen. Irish Rose was ousted by the iceweasel putsch.

• Formercorpsman says:

I would have to disagree. There was a period of time before iceweasel assumed her position in the hierarchy, Sharmy, (emphasis mine) was the self appointed queen, slobbering over every post Charles would make. Every post outside of that was about “me” what about “me” etc.

• wolfie says:

Yep. That’s how I remember it. Sharmuta dominated that place for well over a year. She must have racked up 50,000 posts in 2008 alone.

During that period Irish Rose scrambled around the internet defending Chuck and being obnoxious, but she wasn’t on LGF itself all that much. I think she may have had a temporary job — or maybe a bingo parlor opened up down the street.

36. doppelganger says:

I have to go with 710

because I remember Peter Ness absolutely NAILED charles for his bullshit. It was a feces-tipped dagger to the heart. they he twisted the dagger.

I thought charles was gonna cry

37. Bagua says:

*sigh*

I wonder if we will have enough to mock in 2011? 2010 could have been the banner year.

At the moment, 2.0 + DoD have 1,220 comments, LGF has 776.

With the removal of the PsychoVanQuixote, the content is indeed quite thin over there. Was remains is so lefty/cult constipated that there is little left to laugh at. (pun intended)

As the remnant of LGF is now just a hardcore LBGTT blog, what is there to mock?

In retrospect, CJ’s strategy is brilliant! Eliminate all controversy and free thought, become a KosLite mouthpiece for the vile media/leftist agenda. Eliminate all the creative writers and all controversy.

What’s left is just a curiosity for former members, with a thousand or two unique hits per day. Brilliant!

I wonder how the advert revenue is doing? 🙂

• Bagua says:

Was What remains.

• Whatever says:

2010 could have been the banner year.

Actually, 2009 was the Year of the Banner…

Several of them there are trying in vain to be the new climate schizo, but those boots Ludwig left behind are just too big. How do you follow an act like that?

• Metatron says:

LGF 2011 = Pet Sematary.

• snowcrash says:

Don’t be so negative. Someone will provide the amusement we need. When we were reeling from Ludwigs disappearence, Barrett Brown showed up to ease the holiday doldrums with video! One door closes, another opens.

38. Roger says:

Slowly but surely, Charles Nodickens you’re becoming the smartest fellow on your blog. Keep up the good work.

39. apachegunner says:

ahhh, glad to see my banning on the page! I even got 4 karma points, Chen can you tell me who they were?

40. apachegunner says:

that night I had the top 6 or 7 of the 10 worst comments too!

41. garycooper says:

coldwarrior :i went with 90. the irony of that moron telling much smarter and much better read PD to piss off is just amazing.

Me, too. The nicest, most-polite person on the forum, a hateful moron? Classic case of projection, fer sure.

Other “leaders” who removed anyone from their proximity who dared to tell them they were wrong about anything:

Elvis
    Hitler
    Michael Jackson
    Saddam Hussein
    Mousie Tongue
    Idi Amin
    Stalin

I think we get the picture that’s emerging from the misty swamp… 😉

42. garycooper says:

doppelganger :I have to go with 710
    I thought charles was gonna cry

I missed that one. Is there a screenshot handy?

43. garycooper says:

ChenZhen, as The Minotaur :upthread

Thanks! Wow, did Chunky show his ass that time. 😆

Oh, and nice work on the pic, Bunk. The Lizard Queen sure has gotten fat!

44. Mandingo Warrior says:

Umm, are we getting trolled again? The 710 “flounce farewell” is the clear favorite and is outstripped by the hoity toity “I bid you adieu” flamer flounce?

Something is very stinky here, and it isn’t Kilgore’s Kale.

—–
    “Do it now.”
    -Cato the Elder

45. Mandingo Warrior says:

ChenZhen, as The Minotaur :
    Oh yea. The lizards are angry!

They hate our freedoms. 🙂

46. Mandingo Warrior says:

I also wanted to add that no matter how many Lizards may be in attendance voting for CJ’s least menacing “farewell”, you’re still digging the Lizard King’s grave. It’s just a matter of depth at this point, and thanks for falling right into it!!

——-
    “The slugs have been at it but there’s still plenty left for me.”
    -Kilgore Trout

47. garycooper says:

Mandingo Warrior :

ChenZhen, as The Minotaur :Oh yea. The lizards are angry!

They hate our freedoms.

But they love our swagger!

• Mandingo Warrior says:

Swagger is not Halal.

——-
      “The slugs have been at it but there’s still plenty left for me.”
      -Kilgore Trout

48. garycooper says:

“The slugs have been at it but there’s still plenty left for me.”
    -Kilgore Trout

That’s one punch-line that will never lose its pow. 😆

49. Stillactive says:

OT
    What’s Walter up to?

“38 Walter L. Newton
    Wed, Jan 5, 2011 4:00:20pm
    down
    up
    re: #36 WindUpBird

I always wonder about people who just repeatedly log onto a website where they’re not wanted, just to do it, then get caught, then get blocked again

it seems like a sign of mental illness to me

No more so than people who stick around.

174 albusteve
    Wed, Jan 5, 2011 7:36:40pm
    down
    up
    re: #172 Walter L. Newton

I’m sorry, but your the only person left on this blog who will engage in a good back and forth smack down… I was just lonely.

well, fuck you very much”

50. Philip_Daniel says:

I deserved the banning stick for openly parodying Mohtaram Syed Mohammad Charles Johnson (in this case, his Geller Derangement Syndrome) on his own informative, influential, rational, enlightened blog, without which the universe would be in a much sorrier state of affairs…

• wolfie says:

Piss off, you hateful moron!!!!
      😆 😆 😆

• Mandingo Warrior says:

And go fuck yourself, while you’re at it!
      ——–
      “The slugs have been at it but there’s still plenty left for me.”
      -Kilgore Trout

• Whatever says:

And your little dog too!

Err.. maybe that wasn’t Chuck.

• wolfie says:

Hmmm. Are you sure? 😉
        Chen’s got one that’s pretty close:

“Get off my website, you fanatic moron. And I’ll get rid of your sock puppets too.”

(Has anyone ever seen Chuck wet? Just asking.)

• Whatever says:

“I’ll get you, my pretty. And your sockpuppets, too!

• Mandingo Warrior says:

He can never get us all. Every sock puppet address is a new generation aimed at Chuck’s fucking retardedness. From Culver City to Pittsburgh he will be exposed as a fraud and a disservice to this state.

Later Chuck, and I know I am helping out for this!

51. Princess Natasha says:

HolyRomanStuff :
    Didn’t they all die on the toilet?

Stalin did not make it to the toilet. He croaked on the floor in the puddle of his own piss.

52. Whatever says:

I know what that picture needs. Ned Flanders dressed up as Satan with a name tag that says “Rodan” outside the door.

53. jordanduram says:

Mandingo Warrior :

Later Chuck, and I know I am helping out for this!

I look forward to the day when I will get past Mr. Johnson’s controls and he won’t know what the frak hit him until he gets hit!

54. Internet Septic Tank Engineer says:

Bagua :
    Perhaps the Boiler Crew could confirm this startling observation?

Ah, the history of “piss off”

Well, the first ever usage of “piss off” was bu Charles himself on Sep 30, 2001 at 9:23 am PDT. It was actually in the article itself!
    masterpiece

Charles Johnson
    Sep 30, 2001 at 9:23 am PDT

Now here’s something to really piss off an Islamic extremist: Bikini Masterpiece Theater. Everything they love to hate in Western culture. (via i.me.michael.)

The most ever “piss off”s in a thread were 16, that was on Thu, Sep 1, 2005 and it appeared the avalanche (or should that be tsunami?) of “piss off”s was started by Reganite.

393 reaganite
    Thu, Sep 1, 2005 3:37:01pm replyquote 0 down up report

#389 Murder

You hicks just can’t get enough of him.

Piss off moby.

A total of 3115 tank threads contain one or more instances of “piss off”
    The last one that splashed into the tank was

783 Charles
    Wed, Dec 29, 2010 10:03:49am replyquote 11 down up report

Piss off, moron.

I knows piss..

• Bagua says:

Are you taking the piss?

• Internet Septic Tank Engineer says:

Yep, and we take a load of shit too.

We sort it and classify it and categorize it and draw cartoons of it.

If you want to talk shit then this is the place to be.

• Bagua says:

Your ways are mysterious and septic.

• Whatever says:

Let me clarify. “Piss off” as in “make angry” is common in the US. “Piss off” as in a command to go away isn’t. And “pissed” in the US never means drunk; it always means angry.

55. Nesoi says:

Bagua :
    Perhaps the Boiler Crew could confirm this startling observation?

Yes – I quite agree with you Bagua.
    Once you used that phrase, it appears CJ stole it.

• Bagua says:

It appeared that way to me. I hadn’t seen CJ use it before. I expect others used it in the past as it is a common phrase across the pond, but not the linker.

56. Nesoi says:

Internet Septic Tank Engineer :
    Yep, and we take a load of shit too.
    We sort it and classify it and categorize it and draw cartoons of it.
    If you want to talk shit then this is the place to be.

The avatar should know shit.

57. Bureaucat says:

Speranza :

ChenZhen, as The Minotaur :Also, whoever said that 2009 was an orgy of bannings was correct. Virtually all of the quips are from ’09, so it is kind of a shame that the vote was only including the 2010 examples. But oh well.

August to October 2009 was the zenith of bannings.

The night of the long delete keys.

58. imtoast says:

I was going to vote for 138 because it shows what a feminine creep Chunk is but after reading Peter Ness’ statement,, 710 it is.

59. Bureaucat says:

710 reveals so much of the tolerence and love that I have come to know from the left of center crowd. I had to choose it.

60. Runner says:

710 for me.

61. Truck Monkey says:

Stillactive :OTWhat’s Walter up to?
    “38 Walter L. NewtonWed, Jan 5, 2011 4:00:20pm0downupreportre: #36 WindUpBird
    it seems like a sign of mental illness to me
    No more so than people who stick around.
    174 albusteveWed, Jan 5, 2011 7:36:40pm0downupreportre: #172 Walter L. Newton
    well, fuck you very much”

Hahahahaha. I tried to establish a sock over at the swamp using a new laptop and Chunk busted me. I was banned immediately.

62. Truck Monkey says:

I will say this. It was the first time I went over to the swamp in months and I decided to take on the personality of a college kid from MN to register. It took Chunk like 2 minutes to ban me. The pack of howling monkeys warbled their approval and that led to Walter Newtons comment.