2010 DoD Awards Open

I thought it might be fun to finally use the poll feature for the blog, and have some year-end DoD “awards” (mocking the Fiskie and Fallaci, since I haven’t seen them around) for 2010.

What do you guys think? We could have categories for best regular lizard (most intelligent, honest, debate-worthy, etc.), and worst (idiotic, dishonest, pathetic, sycophantic, etc.). We could also have a category for best and worst thread and LGF page. Stuff like that. We also might want to come up with some clever names for these, and probably funny little icons.

So, I leave this here as an open thread for brainstorming, or if you just want to chime in and say that you think it’s a stupid idea altogether.

59 Comments on “2010 DoD Awards Open”

1. Doppelganger says:

In a play on the DoD theme and the fact that 1.0 is going the way of the Dodo bird I might suggest naming the award the DoDo and get some image of icarus’ head on the body of the Dodo bird

2. Doppelganger says:

I like this concept.

they need to be mocked and mocked hard

I nominate that dipshit Gus0802 for an award in every category.

3. Speranza says:

Let the campaigning process begin. However LVQ will sweep everything (unless the awards are corrupted).

4. Demos says:

Speranza :

BILLIONS WILL DIE!

laughing.

5. I Heart Ludwig says:

The consensus of experts is clear: Ludwig. By a mile. Was there even a need to ask?

6. Doppelganger says:

eleventy!!11

7. Beeduwine says:

I would like a category for “worst/best dressed lizard” and “best kiss”.

Oh, and “classiest flounce” and “hardest vulgarity” and “best snipe to go unnoticed”. And maybe “ass-lick of the year”.

8. snowcrash says:

My vote for word of the year is NEWNOUN.

9. Beeduwine says:

This seems like a walkover for Ludwig. Please try to make it interesting.

10. snowcrash says:

What about LGF refugee of the year? Is that insulting to our new people? If not, I nominate Bagua, he brought the goods to the DoD in his epic flounce and then he posted the cool oil well footage @ Blogmoc.

• Beeduwine says:

Barrett caused quite a stirr, so he would deserve a mentioning as well.

How ’bout “sock of the year”?

11. grandjunctionite says:

Envelope please: ahem, and the Luddy goes to, Ludwig! Lulz!

12. snowcrash says:

I nominate Stacy McCain and Barrett Brown for most obvious use of the DoD as proxy in a fight with Charles Johnson.

13. Beeduwine says:

“sharpest political u-turn” – another possible category.

14. Bureaucat says:

Most logical fallacies in one post.
    Enforcer of the year (Kapo)
    Most racist statement made by someone trying to appear non-racist (some of my best friends are award)
    Fastest backpedal
    Longest lived sock

15. grandjunctionite says:

Speaking of Socks, Registration is open again at 1.0. Chunk is on a sock hunt.

16. Kompromat says:

So far, one hatchling. Oh the humanity!

reine probably registered another sock so Chunky will think he’s still relevant. Then the sock will buy yet another cookbook. I imagine by this time she’s made furniture out of them.

17. Daedalus says:

We should have the Ludwig Award for most insane poster!

18. Something I think everyone should keep in mind is that, once these polls go up, we may not be the only ones voting (based on our stats, there’s plenty of lurkers out there).

Re: Ludwig

• grandjunctionite says:

No year in review at DOD could be complete without an In Memoriam thread.

Poor Luddy, We knew him well.

19. snowcrash says:

Forget Ludwig, I miss My Little Ponytail. He has been missing since before Christmas.

20. Mandingo Warrior says:

“I thought that another appropriate year-end thread could be an In Memoriam, and I could try out the slide show feature for the blog and drag/drop all the funny screencaps we’ve accumulated.”

Hasn’t that already been done? I think that there’s already a thread with almost everything he’s penned.

21. Voltaires Crack says:

How about categories? Here are some suggestions, followed by my nominations:

Flounce of the Year
    Tightrope Walk of the Year
    Surprise Banning
    Ideological Flipper of the Year
    Argumentative for the sake of it
    Kiss-ass

Who Loses Next Year – Dark Falcon

Upcoming Lefty Hero – Al Franken

Upcoming Righty Goat – Any potential R pres candidate

22. Bagua says:

snowcrash :

Cheers for that!

23. Other than Cato, Ludwig, and MandyManners, who else left LGF in 2010?

24. FishFearMe says:

Nomination for an award name… “The Fatty”. Pick the criteria.

25. poteen says:

Award categories;
    1. Silliest comment by a female sycophant
    2. Silliest comment by a male sycophant
    3. Best performance by a sycophant challenging Iceweasel leading to T/O
    4. Best performance by a sycophant challenging Iceweasel leading to ban
    5. Dumbest comment by a member at or above the rank of Field Marshal
    6. Best Brown nose comment by a member above the rank of Field Marshal
    7. The Petulant Lying Blogger Award for the whiniest twerp of the year

suggestions?

• wolfie says:

Best smackdown of KKK Trout.

One must never, never challenge the idiocies of the Bore of Very Little Brain!
      See Daddy G (gets my vote!) or Barrett Brown.
      I’ll bet a review of the DoD archives will show other good candidates.

wolfie :

Ooooh! Yes. Sharmuta left this year. Biggy.

Right after the New York Times did their “profile” and the un-Mata Hairy Fiancee was mentioned.

27. Speranza says:

lawhawk far and a way is the most intelligent lizard.

28. Stillactive says:

“Billions will die!!!” Is now a classic but for inspiration G802 for inspiring:
    “Zillions will die!!!11!” because of Hollywood’s co2 foot print, but keep in mind the Zillions are all CGI (I can’t seem to “Zillions” in the Uh Oh thread)

29. Formercorpsman says:

If you are thinking if a Sharmuta category, etc.

I like Sharmwow fwiw.