In Search of the elusive Quixote, Part III

Hope continues to fade for the endangered Quixote of Lud, with extreme cold weather from Great Britain to Australia, the beast may not be able to survive. There have been reports from the outer reaches of the internet however, of something resembling the Quixote here. Let me count the resemblences to the Quixote:

1. Batshit crazy – check.

2. Juvenile imagery – check.

3. Melodramatic narrative – check.

4. Comic book theme to remind him of his former idol, Chuck Johnson – check.

5. Delusional self-importance – check.

6. Vague, dillitante references to science – check.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Climate Heroes

Spider-Man made a big deal of protecting New York from the GreenGoblin. But let’s be honest: scrapping a lycra-clad gimp on a hover-board is about as gutsy as wiping a pube from the bath.

Before you leap to old Spidey’s defense, we reckon we’re free to say what we like about him. Because we’re fighting a far greater peril…

The Earth is under threat from evil forces – a deadly combination of short-term thinking and lazy habits, and an ignorance generated by twisted minds spreading doubt about the seriousness of climate science. Damn those evil-doers.

Why they should choose to do this to our one planet, god only knows. The rest of us just want it to go on, engaged in its mysterious, rhythmic flight through its little corner of the cosmos. Seen from out there, at a distance, this place must still seem such a gift.

Yet it’s being destroyed knowingly. These super-crimes are being perpetrated by the only species capable of examining life and reflecting on its wonders. Yes, the human race understands gravity, DNA and mathematics, and is taking a stab at black holes and the Big Bang – yet some of us are clearly just still dicks.

So that’s why the Global Warming Superheroes have decided to fightback. You could say we’re like the Incredible Hulk. Now there’s a hero we can relate to: a scientist turned green and angry by a near-fatal dose of gamma rays. We too have been exposed to near-fatal doses: doses of gas from idiots denying climate science. Now we can be green and angry too.

We are, however, more patient than our monosyllabic friend. We don’t throw cars around, and our suits are still intact. Luckily our nemeses’ arguments are as wobbly as a hover-board, and one hit with the simple truth is enough to knock them back to earth.

This blog will contain all the facts you need to convince yourself which side of the fight you’re on. Still, we’re happy to stand by Hulk’s timeless warning, which gains added bite when the future of an entire planet is at stake:

“Don’t make us angry. You wouldn’t like us when we’re angry…”

Check out the denier rating of James Dellingpole:

Bad Guy Scores:

Dickhead 10

Costume 4

Scientific Credibility 0

Power 3

I’m jealous. A perfect 10 in dickheadedness. I’ll have to try harder.

Could it be? Discuss.

31 Comments on “In Search of the elusive Quixote, Part III”

1. garycooper says:

That’s a pretty funny site. 🙂

The AGW-hysterics get owned in every exchange, and they’re too obtuse to comprehend how totally their ownage has been.

• HolyRomanStuff says:

The funny part is the comments, in with Red Jeff (or whatever his name is) hammers away at the environmental superheroes. My favorite line, after Gaia Girl tells him to get lost:

“If I left this site, that would drop your readership by about 20%”.

Or, this exchange:

“Don’t worry Jeff this site is only at the beginning of it’s journey, and powered by Krypton.”

Gaia Girl

Jeff’s retort:

“Krypton is 36 on the periodic table, an inert gas. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krypton Inert is defined as: powerless to move itself. Lacking in active properties. Very apropos.”

And, of course, the post titled: Agents of The Green Unit. I can’t improve on that, so won’t even try.

All in all, the creepiest site I have ever been to. How long before Gaia Girl is encouraging children to inform on their parents, who have Jews hiding in the attic…Er, I mean, ah, don’t recycle? The Third Reich by way of Disney.

It has to be parody. I has to.

2. Speranza says:

Is LudwigVanQuixote going to assume legendary proportions such as Dr. Livingston or Amelia Earhart?

3. Metatron says:

He’s pining for the fjords, man.

4. nil stooge says:

Frankly, we all ought to take a victory lap IMO. LvQ was a misogynist poseur whom Chuckles the Clown deep-sixed only after CZ shone the light on him via Digg. POSeur, loser, good riddance.

• I agree with you 100% here. After his many outings as a fraud on numerous sources, Lidiot became a liability to the completely non-loyal Johnson. He had no choice but to cut ties with one of his dozen or so remaining posters. My guess is that Ludiot has a new nic. He will try to keep his postings tame, but give it a month or two, and the idiocy will return. A creature of habbit, he will return to his old haunts. Look for his writing style in March, or possibly April. He will probably pretend to be a scientist again, my guess is not Jewish this next time around.

• Metatron says:

Hear, hear!

I just took delivery of 204 gallons of heating oil here in the globally warming cold Northeast. Cost: $726 and change. But Ludwig would say I should pay the TRUE COST to help save Gaia. Willingly, or else I must be in the pay of Big Oil. LOL, cut me a check, Big Oil, so I can pay $1,743 of true cost.

The Brits are doing it already: 30-50% increases in energy costs for subsidized wind farts, er, farms. Thankfully the only state here in the US trying that on is CA. Have fun with that, Chunkster.

• m says:

We’re hooked up either way. He stays in the naughty chair and at least he isn’t spreading his “THE NEWNOUNS ARE SO HOT I CAN’T THINK STRAIGHT! THEY ARE TRYING TO MESMERIZE ME WITH WHIFFS OF SEXUALITY!

On the other hand… he reinstates him and we got plenty of shit to laugh at.

win/win

5. a-naughty-mouse says:

LVQ has not been seen for 12 days, 21 hours….

A record timeout think I.

6. Archonix says:

Wow, it’s like Captain Planet without the charm. And if you ever saw captain planet you’d realise what an insult that is.

7. grandjunctionite says:

LVQ, here is a Monbiot sighting. Please come out and defend your hero George and his super scientific claims. You know you can’t resist taking on these evil denying deniers. We need to hear your all knowing opinion.

• garycooper says:

Cold is hot, and hot is cold. Up is down. We understand your position, George.

How’s the book selling this freezing winter, I wonder?

8. garycooper says:

The comments defending Monbiot’s ludicrous column are quite funneh. 😆

9. vagabond trader says:

Methinks jimmah-lice roasted him in red wine sauce with a side of fava beans. 😈

10. Speranza says:

LVQ is an LGF political prisoner.

11. garycooper says:

I knew Monbiot’s latest three-card-monte game was reminding me of something I’d once read. Took a few minutes, but I found it. And now, it all makes sense for me.

“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn’t. And contrary-wise, what is, it wouldn’t be. And what it wouldn’t be, it would. You see?”

–Alice In Wonderland

12. garycooper says:

Speranza :LVQ is an LGF political prisoner.

I hope he’s being waterboarded plenty! 🙂

• Princess Natasha says:

Having seen lots of moonbats on campus, and having drawn very well-founded conclusions on their lack of hygiene, it would not be a complete surprise to me if “waterboarding” is just moonbat-screech for “bathing”. Now, is it a coincidence that both moonbats and head-choppers LOATHE “waterboarding”? Both of these groups are notorious for their filth and foul smell.

13. Philip_Daniel says:

Princess Natasha :

I’m completely with you on this. They openly disdain proper hygiene as an oppressive, bourgeois “artificial construct” meant to “further the interests of the fascist corporate establishment at the cost of poor exploited brown people”. They fail to realize that they themselves are the “Establishment” now, and what’s more, they’re becoming animalistic fools, what with their immense hatred of civilization in conjunction with their Islamophilia and hydrophobia!

14. HolyRomanStuff says:

I’m sorry, I just cannot get enough of our environmental superheros. Such as in this comment thrown out by one of them:

“You are right about scientific method. It is neat and logically consistent. Aside from questions of risk and probability, how do you handle the dilemma that the time needed to achieve certainty by that method may be more than the theory predicts we have got?”

To paraphrase:

Oh, that scientific method stuff is good and all, but global warming, and scrapping 200 years of economic progress (with all of its inestimable attendant benefits), is simply too important to, you know, actually validate. Better to simply impoverish everyone now and worry about if its really, really true or not later. In other words, here we have a horse. The cart? It’s about ten miles up the road.

We have a winner for the most honest post about AGW I have ever seen.

• My Little Ponytail says:

Just reeks of Ludwig, huh?

• HolyRomanStuff says:

Two things:

1. Not sure if this might be the poster formerly known as LVQ or not. I honestly did not much read the comments at LFG, and did not follow that saga as closely as others here.

2. To be fair, I really shouldn’t say it is the most honest post about AGW I have ever seen. I know many decent people who sincerely believe in both AGW, and in the scientific underpinnings of that theory. My jaw simply dropped when I read that, though, as I have heard this particular argument before, in various forms, and it always struck me as rather…strange.

It also leads me to believe that, if I really wanted to get rich, I should start agitating about some other apocalypse about to befall us, in the indeterminate future, but still imminent enough so that action had to be taken NOW – too important to wait for validation, of course.

The solution to my proposed doomsday scenario will, of course, me becoming fabulously wealthy. Why would I believe that anyone might believe something so ridiculous? Because, they already do!

• My Little Ponytail says:

First: the odds of it actually being Ludwig are diddly. This is all tongue-in-cheek.
        Second: what you just quoted there, nutty as it sounds, is at the core of a raging debate among science philosophers called “post normal science”.

Yeah, in the end it’s horsepoop, but it’s very involved and intellectual horsepoop.

15. HolyRomanStuff says:

My Little Ponytail :

Horsepoop is usually fairly involved. It has to be: how else to keep the fact that it *is* horsepoop disguised for as long as possible?

BTW, hadn’t heard of this before, thanks for the info.