Chuckie’s Mosque

Behold the King Fahad Mosque, located at 10980 Washington Boulevard, Culver City. I had to make a pick up at the NFL Network right next door the other day and I was compelled to take a picture. NFL Network is a pretty neat place, and most of the people working there are all rooting for the Navy in the Army-Navy game.

A question for our readers. The next picture is a sign just above the door that says, “And of sent thee not save as a mercy for all the world.” But what is it saying in Arabic?

By the way, there was a bit of a dustup there in 2006.

38 Comments on “Chuckie’s Mosque”

1. The Watcher says:

I can’t read Arabic, but it probably says ‘Abandon hope, all ye who enter here’.

2. My Little Ponytail says:

So what happens when the palm trees grow taller than the minaret? They have to chop them down? Can you hear them scream?

3. Speranza says:

Is that where he pronounced the Shahada?

4. My Little Ponytail says:

I think the script in the middle says “die, hippy”.

5. Doppelganger says:

This is what I’d like to say to these nice folks

6. Doppelganger says:

did you notice a really cheap shitty gated community nearby?

7. mjazz says:

Never mind arabic, whatzit saying in English?

8. Roger says:

My guess it is “Far be it from allah to have a son” or one of the other associated sura quotes against shirk.

9. Iron Fist says:

Corpus edimous
    Sangui bibimous
    Ave Satani…

10. DEZ says:

I think is says you beheaded in the right place.
    ///

11. ISpeakJive says:

Was this the mosque he was afraid to drive past some years ago? Tough looking Jihadis on the front steps, etc.

12. garycooper says:

It says, “She said she was 11! How was I to know A’isha was only 9?”

Allah said, “Hey, if there’s grass on the infield…PLAY BALL!”

13. phoenixgirl says:

“So I drove on past. Yes, it shook me up a little.

But not as much as looking into the rearview mirror and seeing this guy standing in a policeman’s crouch, pantomiming firing a gun at me. In a way that suggested he had done it before. Two-handed, with a simulated recoil. And then continuing across the street with an air of total unconcern for the person he had just fantasized about murdering.”

oh dear….he didn’t care enough about charles…..

14. garycooper says:

I think the Fatass totally made that story up, about the threatening Muslim. Not that there aren’t dangerous jihadists about here and there, but that story smacked of paranoid fantasy. And now that we know Fatty’s mind is beset/besieged/besotted with paranoid fantasies, it makes perfect sense that he imagined that one too.

15. garycooper says:

Iron Fist :Corpus edimousSangui bibimousAve Satani…

Er, Anglais? 😉

16. King Minos says:

garycooper :

Actually, I believe that. There were some pretty nasty looking guys in black suits and skullcaps all over that property. I took those pics across the street in the parking lot of the 7-11.

The weird thing is the clerk in the store was a Sikh with full turban and ceremonial knife in his belt. I asked him what he thought of the mosque across the street and he told me that he wasn’t very happy about it.

He had the look of a man ready for violence.

• garycooper says:

Okay, I’ll take your word for it, but not the Fat Man’s. 😉

I know a couple of areas around my neck of the woods, where the jihadis are in evidence. You may have heard of Dearborn, MI. A good friend of mine still lives there, in the house he grew up in. He’s surrounded by Muslims, and he knows there are a few bad ones about. At the same time, he knows the FBI has a strong presence in Dearborn, and supposedly has infiltrated all the mosques around Detroit. We hope that’s true.

17. garycooper says:

Btw, sorry about the vid I posted up above. I didn’t intend any in-your-face vulgarity like the title being shown like that. I think it’s a funny, over-the-top scene from a cartoonish movie, but I like the idea of a thug demanding English. There’s very little that’s PC, about Tarantino’s movies.

18. garycooper says:

19. garycooper says:

garycooper :Can you believe the NJ fans are giving Brodeur the business? Did you ever think you’d hear that?

LOL! Posting on two forums at once. Danger!

20. garycooper says:

Iron Fist :Corpse we eat, Blood we Drink, hail Satan…
    Something sweet like that…

That’s nice. 🙂

21. Zubair Abed Zubbo Ibn Daily Koss Ommak says:

The Arabic in the perimeter means: “We have not sent him but as a mercy to the worlds.” “We” = Allah (royal plural), “the worlds” is poetic for “human beings.” IIRC “him” refers to Muhammad.

In the center it’s the Shahada (Testimony of Islamic Faith, “No deity but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.”)