Chuck proclaims 2010 the Warmest Year

Chuck is bragging that NASA claims that 2010 is the warmest on record? Yet we had a brutal cold winter, the Summer wasn’t that hot and we are having another brutal cold winter. Here in Florida we should be in the 70’s/60’s in the WInter, yet this year, 50’s are the norm. Can someone explain how this is the warmest year?

45 Comments on “Chuck proclaims 2010 the Warmest Year”

1. My Little Ponytail says:

NASA’s been around for 130 years? Who knew?

2. Formercorpsman says:

How do you makum snowballs in summertime?

3. My Little Ponytail says:

This is so much on an unstory, there wasn’t even a mention of at at Watts. Here’s something from one of the more obscure science/climate blogs on it:

Update, RSS: The RSS AMSU November data are out, 0.312 °C, coolest in 2010 so far. The average temperature anomaly 0.551 °C recorded in 1998 will only be beaten by 0.489 + Dec/12 in 2010 if the December 2010 anomaly, Dec, will exceed 0.738 °C which is virtually impossible.

With the likely December value around 0.3 °C, 2010 will stay a marginally significant 0.035 °C cooler than 1998 but safely (by 0.14 °C) beating the bronze year, 2005. A near-record 2010 seems to be a purely UAH AMSU result. RSS AMSU will conclude that the 1998 leadership will stay unchallenged by 12th following year in a row.

BTW, this is the same bunch of rocket scientists at NASA that said that they’d discovered arsenic-based life, isn’t it?

Err… NOT!

4. The Watcher says:

Maybe he’s talking about the heat he’s been getting on his blog?

5. Doppelganger says:

I didn’t know the year was over yet

• My Little Ponytail says:

Dude. Time order is for denier chumps. The IPCC publishes its summary report in February, and then publishes the scientific research that it’s based on in May. Seriously.

6. Doppelganger says:

Doppelganger :I didn’t know the year was over yet

I guess it doesn’t matter when you cook the data. Who needs 12 full months when you have “models” that nobody can verify

7. My Little Ponytail says:

8. Doppelganger says:

Chuck, it ain’t that hot. Take off the headscarf. It will cool down right away

9. My Little Ponytail says:

Maybe they’re really brain surgeons:

10. Doppelganger says:

Can I inject a bit of commen sense in the form of a question:

If there was global WARMING, then wouldn’t the record for the hottest year be broken EVERY YEAR?

• My Little Ponytail says:

Ludwig’s unavailable for comment.

• My Little Ponytail says:

11. FishFearMe says:

Thanks, Chuck! At 2:34 pm EST, we are up to 30 degrees in Augusta, Maine. That’s about 10 degrees below normal. It was a balmy 9 degrees at 7AM today. I don’t know where I’d be without your expertise as the Chief Meteorologist for the Internet. Gaia bless you, Chuck. Fuckin’ idiot.

12. Doppelganger says:

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS believe the measurements and the accuracy of the past.

I absolutely trust the measurements of 130 years ago, even the ones in the 1970’s accurately predicted the cooling we are now experiencing

13. garycooper says:

His clinging to the discredited-hoax of AGW, quite possibly the biggest cash-grab swindle of all-time, speaks volumes about how low he’s sunk. NASA is really getting desperate, too…gee, remember when you respected and admired those guys? Seems like another lifetime, and I’ve only realized how corrupt and mismanaged that boondoggle is for a few years.

You know what’s funny, too? How the Cancun Grab-Ass Conference of Converging Morons has been hit by a “Gore Effect”-cold snap. And Gore’s not even there. LOL!!

14. Doppelganger says:

Doppelganger :ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS believe the measurements and the accuracy of the past.
    I absolutely trust the measurements of 130 years ago, even the ones in the 1970′s accurately predicted the cooling we are now experiencing

the PDF

15. Doppelganger says:

My Little Ponytail :Matter of fact, the timing of this thread is interesting. This is a week old story. So Chunk waits until Ludwig can’t join in. Somewhere in some basement, some Rabbi/Imam/rocket scientist is going through LFG withdrawal.

Even as we speak Ludwig’s mom is giving him a ride to a kinkos so he can make a sock puppet

16. garycooper says:

My Little Ponytail :Ludwig’s unavailable for comment.

I’m really starting to worry about the little guy. He must be so scared, and lonely. Please let him out of the basement, Charles!

17. FishFearMe says:

Can it, you non-believers! I remember when Abe Lincoln went on TV and told us about how he created NASA. I can’t believe you people don’t know anything about history.

///

18. Mashiki says:

WARMAST YEAR ON REKORD! 130 years of records.
    Earths period of existance: 4.5-4.9b years, give or take a few million.

WARMAST YEAR!

Brain hurting, need water.

19. DEZ says:

Lewd is still on time out?, lol.

20. livefreeor die says:

DEZ :Lewd is still on time out?, lol.

What’ even sadder is that he’ll come back simpering all over the place once the time out is done. Here’s a hint, Luddy. If Grown-up A gives Grown-up B a time out, Grown-up B should tell Grown-up A to go blank himself. (I’m using the term grown-up loosely here.)

21. livefreeor die says:

My Little Ponytail :You mean Grown-up B should tell Grown-up A to go NEWVERB himself?

Or tell him that he’s a NEWADJ NEWNOUN. Oh wait-only women can be NEWNOUNS.

22. mattm says:

They are getting data from places like this. (http://gallery.surfacestations.org/main.php?g2_itemId=831)

A list of weather stations in areas that will give high temps due to their surroundings is available at the following link, http://www.surfacestations.org/odd_sites.htm.

23. Voltaires Crack says:

This is the same NASA that has been discredited for bad science recently? Arsenic life forms?

Maybe he is auditioning for Coast to Coast, eh?

24. Bagua says:

Did NASA just join us denialists? http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/archives/26184

Without the negative feedback included, the model found a warming of 1.94 degrees C globally when carbon dioxide was doubled.

The Climate Change Fraud continues to unravel. The push back is just starting.

• My Little Ponytail says:

That’s called “walk back”. They’re trying to dial the climate sensitivity down, since it’s nothing bu an adjustable fudge factor, anyway.

25. Food Lion says:

Poor Lewd Stank.

LFG is the blog that devours itself.

If Luddy can’t toe the line, who can?

lol

26. Doppelganger says:

Ludwig is La Nina.

take your time out little girl. take it !

27. kansas says:

I think these folks are using rectal thermometers to determine global temperatures. Averaging in 98.6 brings up the averages.

28. kansas says:

Isn’t NASA the organization whose main function is to make the Muslim world feel good about its contribution to science?

29. The Original says:

NASA must not have been recording the temps where I live this past summer. We did not have a hot summer. In fact, it was rather cool.

30. spidly says:

same thing every year…. “warmest year on record” according to Hansen. Repeated by the dummies on the Today show. You have to dig for the retraction a couple months later.
    Fool me once, shame on you; fool me a dozen times, I must be a leftard at LGF.