A Seekrit Thread

(originally posted by Bunk X)

A Seekrit Thread appeared tonight, first one in over a year, and it came with this bizarre gem from our good friends Irenicum and Cato:

523 Irenicum
Sat, Jul 10, 2010 9:15:10pm replyquote
down
up
favorite
re: #475 Cato the Elder

When I joined, a little over a year ago, it was during the “great changeover” in a manner of speaking. I joined precisely b/c of Charles’ speaking out against the wingnut right. But b/c I pretty early on was quite open about being Christian, and an evangelical at that, I think there was some hesitancy about whether I might flounce over the creationism threads or the gay issue. But since i accept evolutionary biology with no problem (always have really), and accept equality as an American ideal, no matter who you are, black/white, gay/straight, whatever, I’ve become a lizard in good standing.

Trust is earned, not given easily.

Charles has been burned by those who say they’re on his side, when in fact they’ve got an agenda that is more important to them than being a good lizard. Do I have views that diverge from other lizards? Of course I do. Do I have views that differ from Charles? Again, of course I do. The issue is one of not giving in to conspiracy theories or hatred of anything “other” than myself. This venue, Little Green Footballs, is one of the few that I’ve seen where I’ve felt like I can speak my mind freely, knowing I might be disagreed with, but also knowing that I’ll be listened to, as long as I listen too. That’s what makes this site so unique in my mind. Needless to say, I love it and am glad to be a part of this diverse conversation. And with that, I really am heading over the range. See y’all later.

People are definitely passing around the pisspipe over at The Village. I can smell the vapors from here.

(originally posted by Bunk X)

33 Comments on “A Seekrit Thread”

1. Taz the Devil says:

Please do not pick upon Irenicum because he is not quite “all there” if you know what I mean.

If you delve into his persona at LGF the reason he seems to fit in is because he is a pathalogical kiss ass two levels above Dark_Falcon and just slightly lower than Gus “fishlips” 802.

Irenicum is a joke.

2. Speranza says:

“speak your mind freely? What a joke! Charles will tell you your mind.

3. Heracles says:

Wow the return of the Sooper Sekrit threads!

4. squatch says:

I wonder whose sockpuppet he is ?

I’d venture to guess 10-15 poeple make most of the comments.

5. My Little Ponytail says:

They actually called the thread the “open private”. The thought of them opening their privates is regurgitation-inducing.

6. Grimcargo says:

Irenicum
    git outta heah

7. Daedalus says:

I like that pic! It’s Icarus with a guitar falling!

8. Kos Laughs At Chuckles says:

Since We know Chuckles reads this site, here goes:

Hey Chuckles, I just donated some $$ via paypal to Ace, since I know he won’t use paypal against me. Also, I am going next week to Ace’s party in Connecticut. Good luck trying to get one of your unemployed losers there to try to start trouble.

9. snowcrash says:

Irenicum is a man and is enrolled in either a seminary or a theology school somewhere in New England. I remember because it seemed odd that he could tolerate LGF’s attitude toward Christians and stay a member there. Silence equals consent. AndyMacOP left. He was training at a Catholic Seminary. He could not tolerate how Christian Fundamentalists were treated at LGF. He was not a Bible literalist either . He was an infrequent poster but had his own web site. He is probably Ordained by now. Some of you guys will remember him, I hope. My point is the attitude at LGF is decidedly unChristian. It isn’t even “live and let live”. Irenicum should reflect on that. He cannot and did not defend his bretheren out of fear of losing his “club” LGF privileges.

• FurryOldGuyJeans says:

The attitude there is Anti-Sanity, anything else is just a reflection and consequence of that.

• Kos Laughs At Chuckles says:

Also, The Sanity Inspector hung around waaaay too long there, even as Chuckles was dumping anybody of faith.

But at least he saw the light.

10. Guggi says:

“m said,

on July 11, 2010 on 1:51 pm

A good lizard let’s charles know when a lizard goes rogue ya know…

HAHAHAHAHA!”

Nazis as well as Communists assisted informers.

11. Doppelganger says:

Perhaps this assclown ought to post some of his differing views on creationism or perhaps on the fact that AGW is all hype, and see how well he’s listened to.

what a complete putz. His very sycophantic post, dripping with platitudes for the host, disproves every point he tries to make.

There are no differing views from Chucky at the 1.0

Dissenters get banned

12. nil stooge says:

Sorry, I can’t access the sooper-sekrit threads, like someone pointed out earlier. If someone has a saved version I could post it, but not sure why they bother with the secret thread thing since all the really nasty stuff seems to leak out anyway. Kind of a sop to the “good lizards” to make them feel special I guess.

13. Josephine says:

I’d bet good money that “Irenicum” is a sock.